PvP community since League

in PvP

Posted by: Deio.4182

Deio.4182

I think that our pvp community is falling apart.. I see lot of “great player” that go afk as they die once or twice. Or that if they dislike the team, they stay near spawn, insulting players of their teams. Although this, i still have hope to see a good pvp community; but what can I do for this afk during the matches? Report for something?

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

“great players” adapt to their team, i know you were ironic. But best players i saw tried to encourage and lead their team in chat even when 150 points behind, i can’t do it, but it still happens. Is our pvp community falling apart? I don’t think so, but more are playing pvp (some in forum try to say otherwise). So more players, more rage, more who think they are unbeatable. As for the afk, i always report them for botting.

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

Hope anet fixes their game by January or it wont matter.

in PvP

Posted by: Izanagi.9830

Izanagi.9830

there is no pvp communtiy left anymore , arenanet made quit all pvp players years ago with bad designed pvp content.

now to keep pvp alive they did change the pvp content with pve rewards to make pve players play pvp.

pve players dont like pvp , they refuse to train and get better , they just want to farm and exploit the system and they just want this stupid legendary backpack. this is pure toxic

we have the same few 2-3 teams with hardcore pvpers left since game release , rest are invalid pve monkeys.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I have noticed no change since the leagues started in the pvp community, if anything I see less people raging/afk people than I did before- I regularly see people not giving up now from difficult positions when I did before. Just today I was 150-0 down in a game and we didn’t give up, kept trying and eventually won 500-400. Overall I think the community has improved if anything (it really wasn’t bad before leagues IMO).

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

@suffish i agree, and @ Izanagi you are just proving my point

in PvP

Posted by: Aleet.4096

Aleet.4096

Honestly, I see more people exploiting. It’s sad. Today was my last day playing GW2 I spent all week trying to get up in rank only to have all my hard work shot down by an unbalanced system. This game and it’s new pvp system is a scam. I can’t even enjoy it anymore. I regret spending money on HoT.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

I think that our pvp community is falling apart.. I see lot of “great player” that go afk as they die once or twice. Or that if they dislike the team, they stay near spawn, insulting players of their teams. Although this, i still have hope to see a good pvp community; but what can I do for this afk during the matches? Report for something?

It is. From my perspective it has. It’s made me hate the game and leave the game in terms of any organized play. I sign in at this point and solo queue. Sometimes I get angry, most of the time I just don’t care. I’ve rage quit my guild over it. Was a complete kitten to people I’ve played with and was taking it out on certain individuals for not understanding when I was having a very bad night. But it comes back to this game being broken. It’s been a difficult end to 2015 for me for personal reasons. Loosing a close family member and with my work and location I don’t make a lot of time for friends out of game.

Being able to escape it all and sign in and play for a few hours running though matches with in game friends was a great escape. But after the HoT imbalance several quit playing because they could no longer play on the classes they wanted. The few that were still trying I ended up lashing out at enraged by how horrible things has become in game …. There is no reason to handle it with kid gloves, it’s garbage.

You’ll have people try to tell you why you’re wrong or why I’m wrong, etc.. It doesn’t matter. We’ve been playing long enough to know this is a real thing. We know how bad it is. You will always have those who are the forever optimist who don’t know when it’s time to take the kid gloves off and consider where things stand.

Although I’m finding it hard to be optimistic, I have hope they will fix things. I’m angry at ArenaNet because to me this was more than just a game, it was my escape during a difficult time. I don’t really care if people think that’s wrong, sad, pathetic or whatever. It worked for me in that way and unlike so many I know who refuse to play the game sober, I kind of like the game be my drug of choice.

Some days I think it’s for the best that ArenaNet destroyed it all, but the truth is it was a controlled thing and it was something I invested a lot of time in. The truth is the PvP side of the game being destroyed (not just talking about League mechanics and problems in general , but this horrible post-HoT meta), the truth is it’s just another thing that has been taken from me this year.

Thank you ArenaNet for not considering how your play base would feel when you completed ripped apart the PvP side of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

" The truth is the PvP side of the game being destroyed (not just talking about League mechanics and problems in general , but this horrible post-HoT meta), the truth is it’s just another thing that has been taken from me this year."

I agree on these point totally. I like to think of this season as a beta test since so many new mechanics came at us at once. If something’s new it hasn’t been in player hands for devs to gather proper metrics for balancing. However, when I read about chronomancer’s abilities before HoT I knew right then and there it’d be trouble in PvP since alacrity and chill in the same field on top of portals and other things is too much for one class, just not this drastic. It isn’t just mesmer but pretty much all the elites. On the positive side elementalist isn’t unanimous top dog while on the other the reason for that created new problems such as too much crowd control and insta-rezzes.

Hopefully things get properly balanced and loophole abuse with the leagues gets fixed.

It’s mostly crowd control that needs some tuning down, or at least add a resolve mechanic.

in PvP

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

there is no pvp communtiy left anymore , arenanet made quit all pvp players years ago with bad designed pvp content.

now to keep pvp alive they did change the pvp content with pve rewards to make pve players play pvp.

pve players dont like pvp , they refuse to train and get better , they just want to farm and exploit the system and they just want this stupid legendary backpack. this is pure toxic

we have the same few 2-3 teams with hardcore pvpers left since game release , rest are invalid pve monkeys.

Although he is as rude as a bouner of a shady club , this guy pretty much has smelled what Anet is cooking. You don´t want us mainly PvE players to be here, and we don´t want to be here either.

But someday when I am so bored of GW2 that I even do PvP, you will indeed have to endure me until I have made my 20 or so AP.^^

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Honestly, I see more people exploiting. It’s sad. Today was my last day playing GW2 I spent all week trying to get up in rank only to have all my hard work shot down by an unbalanced system. This game and it’s new pvp system is a scam. I can’t even enjoy it anymore. I regret spending money on HoT.

can i has your stuffs ??

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

+1.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

+1.

can i has your stuffs to ??

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

More people are playing, more is on the line. Wins and losses have meaning. Of course people are going to rage and get mad. LoL, Smite, CS, etc all have these same attributes. I think a big difference right now is that there isn’t a strong community presence besides a few twitch channels. If you want to get better at LoL you can go read a guide or watch a YouTube video of a well known player showing the finer details.

Obviously there are more problems with the game itself, but as far as a community standpoint goes I don’t think it’s terrible. HoT has been messy to say the least but hopefully Anet can try and repair some of the systems