PvP community

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: mftheking.8273

mftheking.8273

So I have been playing mostly PVE since launch and have decided to invest my time in PVP, and this game has an awesome PVP with a large player base partaking in it but i can’t help but notice how rude people are in the lobby, is this common or did i just start on a wrong day because i have not witnessed this amount of rudeness in my time in PVE.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s common and a huge reason why people tend not to PvP period. Don’t know why those players are like that, but it’s not unique to this game either.

Gone to Reddit.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

All PvP communities are toxic, because

Different kinds of players exist: those who prefer fair and healthy competition, and those who prefer fierce and unhealthy competition. The first are usually peaceful non-hardcore teenagers and casual grown-up players (which turn out to be the target audience for which GW2 was actually designed in the first place, with all the timidness of content, failproofness and cooperativeness in mind), and the latter are usually aggressive teenagers who are using online games as a sublimation for unsatisfied offline desires of being “better” than others, while not being constrained by offline moral and law limits. This usually leads to offensive behaviour, which can already be seen in both PvP and WvW (with as far as death threat whispers); such things are not tolerated in GW2. Open world PvP attracts the second type of players, and since many mature players already live a moderately risky life, they see their games as a comfort zone to rest in, and not a war zone similar to life, and want GW2 to stay as is.

GW2 has it far, far better than many other communities. The “report” function is working, and moderators do a great job. Still, you won’t be able to hide from toxicity completely, since people are people, and gamers are people who spend a lot of time in an anonymous online environment where your deeds are not limited by laws and norms.

20 level 80s and counting.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

So I have been playing mostly PVE since launch and have decided to invest my time in PVP, and this game has an awesome PVP with a large player base partaking in it but i can’t help but notice how rude people are in the lobby, is this common or did i just start on a wrong day because i have not witnessed this amount of rudeness in my time in PVE.

Yes, compared to PvE, the rudeness is quite bad I agree. However, in Guild Wars 2, we are actually quite lucky, because there are games where it goes on a lot worse than it does here.

That doesn’t excuse them of course. Some of the verbal abuse that goes on still shouldn’t go on at all. But at least we have the Right-Click →Report →Block option.

Those who verbally abuse over a PvP game don’t deserve their text to be seen.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

This is common, unfortunately.

Not everyone in PvP is rude though. The rude people just happen to be very vocal a lot of the time.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: mftheking.8273

mftheking.8273

As someone who treats games as a sort of retreat from the real world, whether or not I am First or Last I will always have a good time, interacting positively to both winners and losers. But seeing people be such bad sports harms this section of the game, reporting and blocking will help but come another day, there will be more.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

PvP is always toxic unfortunately.
Just look at League of Elitists Legends and Call of Underage Racists Duty

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

What you guys call “toxic” we call competitive. PvP players are better at the game, undeniably. Better at controlling their character, better at reading enemy moves, better at reacting, and get more exciting in-game moments. There’s a reason why all the big game that get streamed to millions are PvP, because it’s where the dedicated are.

If you can hop in, roll with the verbal and in-game punches, and handle a little smack talk without QQing on the forums to the carebears, then you’ll fit right in and make some of the best gaming memories you’ll ever have!

If not… chest farming in Silverwastes is that way >>>>>

(edited by No Walking.6349)

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

What you guys call “toxic” we call competitive.

There’s a distinct difference between “toxic” and “competitive.” The latter isn’t a problem. Light hearted heckling is fine, even fun. The “toxic” part comes in when people resort to things like racial slurs, personal attacks that have nothing to do with skill or the game at all, and other inappropriate name calling.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

As always, the proper response is to report, block (if you like), and move on.

Chat in PvP is a bit more intense than in PvE because PvP games have a culture of their own which exists outside of GW2. That culture, like it or not, is brought into this game by players who are accustomed to it.

That doesn’t make it right, of course, and I make liberal use of the reporting function, but it’s not nearly as simple as blaming it on angry teenagers and unhappy people.

One of my guildies who really only PvEs in GW2 (but plays LoL and Smite and other PvP games) joined us last night and was yapping at somebody after a match. I had to explain to him that it’s not really that common in GW2 and he’ll likely get himself into trouble. He’s a really chill dude, I was surprised. But PvP brings that side out of even normally well-mannered people.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

What you guys call “toxic” we call competitive.

There is a big difference between being a complete kitten and being competitive.

make some of the best gaming memories you’ll ever have!

Being constantly insulted, harassed and ridiculed produces good memories? mkay.
I don’t have such fond memories of PvP in general. When I wasn’t performing well I was a noob who needed to bugger off. When I wás performing well I was either a hacker or a hopeless nerd who needed to get a life.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Yeah, the competitive aspect of any game can fester toxicity. Though when compared to most games I have played, the toxicity levels are not as high. Let’s be thankful and hopeful that it doesn’t get any worse. :P

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

What you guys call “toxic” we call competitive. PvP players are better at the game, undeniably. Better at controlling their character, better at reading enemy moves, better at reacting, and get more exciting in-game moments. There’s a reason why all the big game that get streamed to millions are PvP, because it’s where the dedicated are.

If you can hop in, roll with the verbal and in-game punches, and handle a little smack talk without QQing on the forums to the carebears, then you’ll fit right in and make some of the best gaming memories you’ll ever have!

^ ^ ^

Or you can sound like this guy and be a model for why people think PvP communities are toxic. Something about inflated egos for wiggling fingers instead of doing important stuff.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

Lishtenbird sums it up nicely, and spot on. Some people just like to be rude in an anonymous setting, whether it be an MMO, forum, blog or whatever.

ANET has a fantastic feature built into the game and the forums to handle these people: block them and if necessary report them.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Internet tough-guy syndrome.
Pay it no mind.
I just collapse the chat box when I’m in the lobby and this stuff starts getting to an uncomfortable level, and bring it up again in matches.
I’m also a big supporter of the block function

There’s no point in getting involved. You can report, but it may take some time for Anet to review logs and act (if they do at all).

Some folks don’t know the line between competitive banter and abusive harassment.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I like the PvP lobby, it’s usually just full of stoners and silliness. I can dig that.

The real rudeness takes place during or immediately after losing matches. A lot of the time team-mates are your worst enemy, because in their mind they’re the only Good Players™ and everyone else is a scrub. It starts with a barrage of swearing and insults, and sometimes a whisper if you don’t acknowledge it. I’m often confused about whether they can’t help but vent their frustration this way, or expect it will improve team performance.

I think a lot of people in solo queue keep their chat turned off just to avoid this kind of thing. Lots of matches the team doesn’t type or respond to map or team chats.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

I am one of those people who turn off chat in sPvP. I don’t like rude people in real life, and I sure as heck don’t like them in a ‘refuge from real life’ such as a game. Games are my happy, fun time and not for dealing with rude, obnoxious, racist, homophobic and just generally toxic people. Fortunately, the majority of the GW2 community is great!

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

The community requires a healthy balance of care bears and toxicity for competetive balance. Just remember it’s a game on the interwebs and the big scawy kitty cartoon saying you are bad can’t hurt you lol

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Akumetsu.8591

Akumetsu.8591

PvP is always toxic it is something unfortunately, because it is competitive. I just wish people made an effort to be more positive <3. Though a bit of bm is always a bit fun.

One hope, One dream, One Dagger Thief
K U R A Enguard [ENG], Pretty Princess Squad [MEN]

PvP community

in PvP

Jahroots.6791

The community requires a healthy balance of care bears and toxicity for competetive balance. Just remember it’s a game on the interwebs and the big scawy kitty cartoon saying you are bad can’t hurt you lol

Apparently it does hurt, if the number of people staying out of the chat is any indication.

Even the ones that are quick to hurl insults are cowardly little kittens. Half of ’em whisper you trash talk and block your responses.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I think a lot of people in solo queue keep their chat turned off just to avoid this kind of thing. Lots of matches the team doesn’t type or respond to map or team chats.

Oh my God is THIS WHY HALF THE TIME NO ONE RESPONDS BEFORE THE MATCH?!

It is the WORST feeling when you’re trying to strategize with people and only 2 or 3 are responding and 2 or 3 completely ignore you and do their own thing. It makes me rage harder than anything else in this game. ANET, please force people to leave Team Chat on for the match duration, if only in ranked queue.

PvP community

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Apparently it does hurt, if the number of people staying out of the chat is any indication.

Even the ones that are quick to hurl insults are cowardly little kittens. Half of ’em whisper you trash talk and block your responses.

Most of the time I’ve found its the ones who do that and block you are not very good. If they don’t block ask them what exactly your doing wrong, maybe they relax tell you and you learn something. On the other hand they could not know you are doing wrong at all and just be frustrated about losing. I played with some guild team the other day and one of them decided to whisper block me meanwhile none of their 4 person squad managed to cap a single kittening point.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Oh my God is THIS WHY HALF THE TIME NO ONE RESPONDS BEFORE THE MATCH?!

It is the WORST feeling when you’re trying to strategize with people and only 2 or 3 are responding and 2 or 3 completely ignore you and do their own thing. It makes me rage harder than anything else in this game. ANET, please force people to leave Team Chat on for the match duration, if only in ranked queue.

That would make a lot of Block lists grow, nigh exponentially.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Ash ketchum.2051

Ash ketchum.2051

Maybe it’s because you should go practice mode before going ranked mode.. and since the MM lets High MMR players balance with low MMR players, you’ll get with better players, who will hate you for not supporting/reetrotating ‘n stuff.
Protip if you’re really bad: watch streams. watch help videos ( of top players only, like srsly, there are some deep aids videos on yt telling you to kill bosses first. dont do that)

but please.. i beg you newlings, go practice mode, and if you ever feel better, go unranked. Stay away from ranked untill you atleast (as a minimum ) have your champion title idk. Even than you’ll still be flamed probably…

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I doubt by enabling chat the block list would grow A LOT. Cuz really… It’s not THAT bad. I’ll admit… I do run into a few losers who wanna “1v1 for 25 gold” cuz they lost or who you somehow unknowingly kittened off… but most people are average – meaning okay.

I never knew people turned off their chat. Probably why I thought half the people were mute. I disagree with doing that but whatever… I refused to swap my profession (when it would benefit the team) when no one talks. “Hey are you a support guardian? If so I’ll swap.” No answer… 1 min later the guy starts using shouts and is obviously cleric. Ah well… let’s heal this team together then, like theres no tomorrow. 2x cleric guardian powa’… be scurred.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

PvP community

in PvP

timmyf.1490

Protip if you’re really bad: watch streams. watch help videos ( of top players only, like srsly, there are some deep aids videos on yt telling you to kill bosses first. dont do that

I had two players go straight to boss on Forest to kill “so the enemy can’t steal.” I was so confused by it… like… what? That’s one major reason NOT to go for it right at the beginning! Took a bit, but I finally realizes that to them, “steal” means something completely different than it means to me. “Steal” to them is “the enemy kills the boss on our side.”

Needless to say, the two of us who went to mid were outnumbered and lost it right around the moment they rotated in. :-/

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Any competitive game is going to have people lose there tempers. Anybody that has played sports competitively knows most of the stuff that goes on in pvp in GW2 is nothing. I am not saying that people should harrass others but really someone telling you you are bad I mean come on. Thats totally different then like a five minute tirade filled with expletives. You should expect the former to happen on occassion and not get all bent out of shape imo. It happens to everyone. I would go farther and say that if you are not a really competitive player who’s top priority is winning please don’t queue for rated arena. It’s better for everyone involved.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

It’s mostly due to the fact that there is really no legit PvP guild in the NA community.

People being nice in Lion’s Arch and other hometowns is because people belong to a big guild, and it’s disrespectful to be an kitten while repping a big guild because it leads to bad reputation.

The PvP community, however, people rep for no one, the development teams aka developers, wanted to put into everyones mind, that its ok to solo, solo is fun, don’t play party with others. Hence the downfall of actual PvP guilds and community. Which leads to people bad mouthing everyone else because they can and nobody is going to tell them off or look at them a certain way because they don’t rep for any guild, they just out there for himself, got nothing to lose by bad mouthing people.

PvP developers need to make a quick turn around.
ANTI SOLO play
LESS rewards for SOLO than party.
Get people to party the kitten up.
Incentives incentives incentives.

Not just party up with random pugs, but it needs a SYSTEM that can tell who you play with a lot, and better rewards the more often you play with your same click of people.

This way not to promote random pugs, but to promote people building relationships and friendships in the game.

There should be a friendship meter in this game, works in everything, PvE more magic find and drop rate when partied with friends, WvW more WxE and magic find when partied with friends, PvP more magic find and reward track experience when partied with friends. Bigger % based on how long (not how long you been grouped) you played with your friends. Like everyday for an hour you play with friends you go up x amount of points.

Because right now its just all solo hard PvP’ers hating everyone else, aint repping no one, no friends (hence why solo), hating haters.

Even world boss fights, its a go there solo, then ask for random pug. You have a friends list full of friends but most people barely even play with them.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Amusing because some of the top tier players hardly say a word whereas most of the BM comes from mediocre players.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Siroso.2769

Siroso.2769

Overall the PvP community is amazingly supportive.
Unfortunately, exactly as SobeSoul said, there are mediocre (at best) players who are paired with new players and have a toxic attitude. There certainly has been lots of negativity in ranked q’s (other than high MMR ranked) recently.

All you can do is try and let those players who are being verbally attacked know that whoever is doing it is an idiot! A quick supportive whisper letting them know they’re doing just fine might save another potential PvPer from leaving forever.

<— Broskies /Lulzranger

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

See: vocal minority. Most people I know are quick to help and give advice or tips. It’s a small percentage that are actually rude or trolls. But I suppose that is what that whole saying about one bad apple ruining the bunch is about.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

It’s a competitive environment. People will get mad, will build up expectations and get frustrated, and a lot of other people will get really salty.

And it’s not an exclusive thing from online games. A lot of people get mad when it comes to sports, or even in conversations that requires a bit of brainstorm/theorycraft like politics, music taste, or something where people tend to show strong points of view.

So just deal with it. If you don’t like to be competitive just go play Practice Games, and be sure to turn off your chat so you don’t participate in any discussion about the game where people will disagree with you and make you feel SAD.

(edited by inhearth.2038)

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

and block your responses.

You’re doing it wrong.

PvP community

in PvP

Jahroots.6791

So just deal with it. If you don’t like to be competitive just go play Practice Games, and be sure to turn off your chat so you don’t participate in any discussion about the game where people will disagree with you and make you feel SAD.

I can’t really agree with this. I mean, if you guys are as serious about PvP as you say you are it would make more sense to ‘police’ yourselves a bit and keep the atmosphere positive. You’ll never be rid of casual players as long as PvP reward tracks > PvE content.

Besides, raging and verbal abuse pretty much guarantees a loss. Can’t cite the exact statistic but I do remember LoL featured a little tip on the loading screen stating that players who engage in this kind of behaviour lose x% more matches than those that don’t.

PvP community

in PvP

timmyf.1490

I can’t really agree with this. I mean, if you guys are as serious about PvP as you say you are it would make more sense to ‘police’ yourselves a bit and keep the atmosphere positive. You’ll never be rid of casual players as long as PvP reward tracks > PvE content.

Hi. So as somebody who does police language – within my guild – I’d love to know how you think players can do this? Other than just yelling back or, as has been mentioned several times now, using the report function.

We can’t kick toxic jerks from Heart of the Mists, so unless you have a constructive, realistic suggestion, maybe let’s blame the toxic jerks for the toxicity and not the entire community?

Just like we’ll never be rid of PvE casuals, we’ll also never be rid of PvP tryhards.

PvP community

in PvP

Jahroots.6791

I’m not blaming the community, I’m a part of it too after all. That was simply a response disagreeing with the poster who said we should ‘deal with it’.

Sadly I have no suggestions. I don’t even care enough to take any action. I just get bummed about the un-fun players from time to time and felt like sharing my views.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: CruleD.7380

CruleD.7380

Give option to hide chat window, problem solved.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: BertBoy.9031

BertBoy.9031

dont suck at the game when u come into pvp

Bert -Rifle engi till i croak
www.Twitch.tv/gravityily

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yes there is a larger amount of nasty speech in PvP. The root of the problem stems from modern day culture in which free speech is contorted to mean good speech. Most people nowadays are not versed in history and thus don’t realize that unrestrained speech leads to death, destruction, and just about every kind of evil imaginable. Ok, I’ll get off the soap box :-)

Bringing it back to GW, a couple quick rules:

1. If they are using profanity, racial slurs, etcetera—in an aggressive way—block and report them. The GW team really hates this stuff, but needs your help to root out these people. Everything typed is logged by GW (and scanned by the NSA).

2. Don’t take advice from these people as they are usually pretty horrible players and don’t understand what is actually happening in conquest. The really good people don’t bother flaming because they can spot your skill level pretty fast and won’t see the point in insulting you.

3. Do your best always. Sometimes you get slotted to loose based on MMR. Shoot for 200, 300, or 400 points when things start to go south fast.

4. You can always be a real hero and stand up for someone getting flamed. “Hey calm down.” “Take it easy, it’s just a game.” “Really, you’ve never met his mother…” “Be more irenic please!”

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

PvP community

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

I got yelled at and quit on far more in pve when I first started this game than pvp…. no one liked having a vamp knights necro for a dungeon party….. but the messages I received from speed running pvers were far worse than any thing anyone in pvp has sent me.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I got yelled at and quit on far more in pve when I first started this game than pvp…. no one liked having a vamp knights necro for a dungeon party….. but the messages I received from speed running pvers were far worse than any thing anyone in pvp has sent me.

As you see here, PvEers can also be mean. They usualy arent cz gw2 is designed friendly while pvp is where poeple compete and win/lose against each other, there is not oprahs everyone gets loot in real pvp.
Now heres the catch: you shouldnt care about insults but only care if u had a fun pvp match. To me, a close back and forth match is fun, no matter if i lose it. Its the adrenaline during match.

So grow a hard skin and go and have fun, since pvp is more interesting than dpsing same dungeon boss same way for 2y.
Btw – dont forget reality check-

u may have a legendary, but u have 0 hours in pvp, while i have 2000+ hours of pvp. Untill u have 500-1000, you will lose simply due to inexperience.

I hope you are patient and prepared to learn, wish you good luck.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

pvp in any game is toxic. just how its always been.

PvP community

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Speaking of PvE compared to PvP.

I’d say running into a node that’s already being capped and staying there until the cap is just as bad as doing a dungeon, and watching the cut scene when its a speed run.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

I consider anyone who isnt a “pvp tryhard” a pve noob for those who think theyre neither.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

When you see mean chat in the window, imagine it is by a barely literate, angry, and tiny dog that is banging on the keyboard.

The truth isn’t really that far off.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Lord of Madness.2603

Lord of Madness.2603

To make a very long story short No matter what you do in pvp be it threats or racist remarks, and even remarks towards anothers sexuality you will never ever, ever be punished. which has allowed the pvp community to flourish with these negative players.
I have a friend going on day 85 of only saying racist remarks and cursing constantly in EVERY match he is in because he wants to see how fast his old account gets banned because he only wants to play ESO now. so far it has not even been suspended. and yes, EVEN I HAVE REPORTED HIM. yet he is still online.

On day 100 (if he makes it) we are having a contest for 500 Gold. (thats all thats left on his account) I’ll update this thread with more information about the contest on day 100

(edited by Lord of Madness.2603)

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

So, what you are saying is: if you are better at the game, you have the right to verbally abuse and harass other players? Such sportsmanship!

I bet you are one of those who kitten about long queues and too few PvP players. Yet, you are the reason more people won’t come to PvP.

There’s a reason all top PvP guilds have very strict rules that will have you permanently kicked for BMing and verbally abusing people. Any unsportsmanlike behavior will have you permanently kicked from these guilds, because they know that those kind of players are hurting and destroying PvP communities.

Melder – Thief

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: William C.6195

William C.6195

There’s a clear line, I think, between competitiveness and criticism, and toxicity. One which should be fairly obvious. I suspect PvE players coming into PvP find it hard to tell the difference because PvE is so… Fluffy.
If you mess up in PvE it doesn’t matter at all. A mistake in PvP can cost you a match. Also, being rude is not toxic. Rude is not saying please, thank you, and washing your hands after every kill. In a match there isn’t time for that.

So, if you make a mistake and someone calls you out on it, that’s not toxic. Their role in a match is not to babysit you or your feelings. If they have a go at you because it cost the game, the point or fight, then you shouldn’t complain. If you don’t like the criticism, that’s tough. You don’t have a right to not be offended, by the way.

Just the other day, in fact, I had someone have a go at me because I messed up (my excuse: I was half asleep). I didn’t especially like it but it was, in a way, justified. So I didn’t go QQing because someone said something mean.

Hell, the point of PvP is to kill other players (generally speaking), so of course people are gonna be a little bit aggressive.

So yeah, this turned into a ramble, sorry about that. But basically, don’t take criticism to heart and if whatever someone says is reportable, then report them and block them. If it isn’t reportable, then it’s probably just you being overly sensitive about it.

NA/EU: Auldon/Auldone
[feat]

PvP community

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Actually a lot of high quality type of teams, they require you to be able to take critism and being yelled at.

If anything you should learn from it and not get all mad about it.

Theres a difference between someone just saying you suck and when someone says your an idiot because you didn’t do this or that or why did you do that.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: byku.3452

byku.3452

Sadly, hate speech happens very often, especially if your team is losing. Many players cannot accept this and just start to blame others for the score (most of the time this isn’t just your or their fault, but the comp. or startegy). A nice way to avoid everything unpleasant – right after the game begins, just swap the chat to the combat window. Problem solved!

Rucolan | Gimme Your Cookies