PvP community

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

So I have been playing mostly PVE since launch and have decided to invest my time in PVP, and this game has an awesome PVP with a large player base partaking in it but i can’t help but notice how rude people are in the lobby, is this common or did i just start on a wrong day because i have not witnessed this amount of rudeness in my time in PVE.

one thing that is common in online pvp chat, if you are sensitive to rude and crude chats then dont read the chats. if you have the right sense of humor its funny, if not its off putting. the grand majority of players in pvp are friendly or quite.

Different kinds of players exist: those who prefer fair and healthy competition, and those who prefer fierce and unhealthy competition. The first are usually peaceful non-hardcore teenagers and casual grown-up players (which turn out to be the target audience for which GW2 was actually designed in the first place, with all the timidness of content, failproofness and cooperativeness in mind), and the latter are usually aggressive teenagers who are using online games as a sublimation for unsatisfied offline desires of being “better” than others, while not being constrained by offline moral and law limits. This usually leads to offensive behaviour, which can already be seen in both PvP and WvW (with as far as death threat whispers); such things are not tolerated in GW2. Open world PvP attracts the second type of players, and since many mature players already live a moderately risky life, they see their games as a comfort zone to rest in, and not a war zone similar to life, and want GW2 to stay as is.

love it!
/clap

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Theres a difference between someone just saying you suck and when someone says your an idiot because you didn’t do this or that or why did you do that.

This. Many times i’m complaining in chat, there’s a good reason : typically, when someone keeps going far 1v1, although he died twice. Or, when we got 3 guys chasing one thief off point.

But there are many trolls in game complaining for no reason, not bringing anything. Recently , i decided to test out some other builds, rather much based on team work than on individual. It was doing pretty good, but unfortunately, you get those players :
- " LOL, shadow signet thief, go back to wvw " ( that one lasted all the game long) , " LOL ele with signets " , " LOL ranger with hunt signet " , " LOL engi with flamethrower "

You know it’s pretty annoying, and i can imagine how beginners would react to these…

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Epic Beast.5189

Epic Beast.5189

Pvp its a toxic environment sometimes yes… few weeks ago i saw 1 of the top players (EU) in 1 unranked, yes unranked match, calling Cancer, wvw zerg noobs, nab warrior ranger etc etc to a 3 guildies just having fun in unranked arenas -_- oh and he called himself pvp god.. there u have our exemple coming from top players btw i was the only1 there that knew who he was.. *sry basic english

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

flamethrower engy pretty powerful, I used it for my automated response sumo engy back in days. great for stomps with blind, it has nice knockback, and didn’t think of it until now, but fire field for might stacking.

Too bad, anet hates sumo engy aka the automated response engy, and had to give it a nerf, but not just a lil toning down…
50% toned down, that’s a slap in the face, almost a knee in the nuts type of toning down.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

Not sure if youre even on this thread any more op. But yesterday some guy killed me and spammed /laugh emote. On map chat in game i called him out and said that its sad to see that the pvp community has gotten so toxic. Immediately 3 people whispered to apologize for the guys behaviour and offered to play a few healthy games with me afterwards. Good people are still there but the mature ones are also usually the quiet ones.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: mftheking.8273

mftheking.8273

Not sure if youre even on this thread any more op. But yesterday some guy killed me and spammed /laugh emote. On map chat in game i called him out and said that its sad to see that the pvp community has gotten so toxic. Immediately 3 people whispered to apologize for the guys behaviour and offered to play a few healthy games with me afterwards. Good people are still there but the mature ones are also usually the quiet ones.

taunting via emotes i have no issue with. Hearing that his team members apologize for his actions after you called him out is great to hear. My issue is with what they say (type) to others playing the game, the most toxic players seem to reside in the lobby, actual matches from my experinance has been rather quiet.

PvP community

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ironically, toxicity tends to be fairly low in Hotjoin, where I typically play. Most people there are just there to farm their Dailies, and if the match is totally lopsided, they just leave (or stay, because they already got their Autobalance credit). Nobody really cares what goes on in Hotjoin; it’s widely acknowledged as the “kiddy pool” where people can just 1v1, fight off point, triple cap, zerg rush, whatever. Getting mad over it is like getting mad that your kid’s team lost in their elementary school’s Saturday game.