PvP court yard

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Pluto the Wise.4531

Pluto the Wise.4531

Should court yard be included in the maps? I know for me its always one sided and my team loses 0 to 500. :C get no credit for daily when this happen. There no merits to earn points other than killing people. What does everyone else think about it?

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Courtyard is great. It just takes adjustment. People will soon enough learn to not charge in by themselves, and the experience should improve.

Seriously, when you have people who know what they’re doing, it’s the most fun map in the game — and comebacks are very much possible.

Unless you get the dreaded 40 second respawn timer

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Pluto the Wise.4531

How are comebacks possible when other team camps our spawn and kills us if we stay im base to logn we get kicked out there is no fun in that match at all….

PvP court yard

in PvP

Pluto the Wise.4531

Lopez when our team is spawning in waves it doesn’t matter if you leave at a different exit they just zerg you. As I said before you cant wait in base you get forced out. Your experiencess are different than mine doesn’t change the fact that courtyard needs to be changed it still to one sided.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Pluto the Wise.4531

Best way to fix the problem would be to separate death matches from capture point matches.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Courtyard is great. It just takes adjustment. People will soon enough learn to not charge in by themselves, and the experience should improve.

Seriously, when you have people who know what they’re doing, it’s the most fun map in the game — and comebacks are very much possible.

Unless you get the dreaded 40 second respawn timer

That’s kind of a good thing. It makes Courtyard more like team annihilation, and it makes it more likely teams will be forced to go in together.

Problem is when someone dies slightly after the 40 second respawn they gotta wait for 40 seconds. Meanwhile his team mates get punted out of spawn and have to 4v5.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

would it be better if the respawn time is zero 0 instead?

stomped / bled out characters would instantly respawn at their base.

so the other team who is spawn camping would be eventually worn out.
then the spawn camped team may have a chance to score some kills.

for participation recording purposes.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The map itself is fine for hot join and unranked queue. It shouldn’t be in a ranked match.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Problem is when someone dies slightly after the 40 second respawn they gotta wait for 40 seconds. Meanwhile his team mates get punted out of spawn and have to 4v5.

Right. That’s how team annihilation works. That’s kind of the point of the map.

Think about if it was actual round-based team annihilation, as some people are suggesting. Then it would be 4v5 until your entire team wipes.

Its not though. Imagine you all wipe and 4 people get stomped with a 1 second respawn and 1 person with a 39 second respawn. Then it will be constant out numbered fights for the rest of the match.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Gath.5708

Gath.5708

Make it a capture the flag type of game, which spvp lacks right now

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: TwanBr.8340

TwanBr.8340

Best way to fix the problem would be to separate death matches from capture point matches.

This. Courtyard is nothing like the other maps due to the sudden completely different gamemode.

Proud Gandaran

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

This. Courtyard is nothing like the other maps due to the sudden completely different gamemode.

Only 1 TDM map….or they could use Raid of The Capricorn…, new maps I mean modes are coming soon. How long do you feel like waiting? Get good only thing missing is that build saver icon and a premade speech on how to be a roaming team in TDM for newbies and hopefully they listen.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

all my losses on courtyard.

Bye bye perfect score

remove it asap pls thx

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

at least it’s faster xD

Ark 2nd Account

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

almost as terrible as spirit watch/skyhammer premade teams

PvP court yard

in PvP

Archaon.9524

What’s the point on learning how to adapt comps for courtyard? Is not gonna be in rotation after 16

Ark 2nd Account

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Courtyard receives a lot of votes so people like it.

For sure this map receives more votes than skyhammer and spirit.

It’s not a good map for pugs because there is an high snowball risk, it really depends on party composition, people brain and their teamfight skill

Maybe some tweaks (like a more “clean” map) could help.

If I’m in premade i like this map, in solo i’m not inclined to vote it.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

PvP court yard

in PvP

Archaon.9524

It receives votes because if you go premade it’s totally faceroll taking just a couple of minutes

Non provare a negarlo xD

Ark 2nd Account

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

It receives votes because if you go premade it’s totally faceroll taking just a couple of minutes

Non provare a negarlo xD

I said this

PvP court yard

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Non provare a negarlo xD

I said this

If you go solo and you see 5 votes for court you know you’re already done….it punishes lack of coordination (That a pug team can’t have) way more than conquest maps and after you get wiped first time comeback is nearly impossible..let alone if you got wiped once you probably gonna end up on the floor second time too

Ark 2nd Account

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

The real problem is that this map wasn’t designed to play 5v5. Anet said it themselves it was for dueling. If you see the other team has more of Necro, Ele and Mes, it is likely your lose. These guys spam AoE like no tomorrow and if that Mes has clone death build, good luck with all the Santa Red Gift he has to offer.

All is vain.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

What’s the point on learning how to adapt comps for courtyard? Is not gonna be in rotation after 16

For most people, it’s not a herculean task that requires hours of practice. It’s just a matter of learning to stick together. It may, of course, be different for you.

They might listen to players and actually create a TDM queue which would end up as ranked and unranked that would be great from them or simply reintroduced it after a little while. Obviously I am for the TDM queue they should know conquest did hurt the other modes,PvP diversity and bored the community.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

PvP court yard

in PvP

Archaon.9524

For most people, it’s not a herculean task that requires hours of practice. It’s just a matter of learning to stick together. It may, of course, be different for you.

Teams balling up is what usually makes us owning ppl so fast….keep balling up…the faster it ends the less painful it is

That’s a tactic after all

Btw i was talking about classes/specs/comps best suited for courtyard you genius…next time i’ll give you a simple drawing instead

Ark 2nd Account

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I hate having to swap around my entire build every time this map pops up. Death match and point control are entirely different things. One or two quick load outs would be nice if the want to have a mash up of strategies in the map rotation imo.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I found that most times people lose when they
a) Have a horrible team composition (i.e. all glass)
b) Don’t know what they are doing (don’t call targets, attack bunkers, charge in 1 by 1, split off unnecessarily)
c) The other team is just better

Courtyard is a different thing than holding points. For some reason a lot of people expect it to be the exact same and just roll whatever they feel like and expect a win. I usually swap to a shout guardian in that map and voila… our team already has a huge boost. The only times I’ve ever lost on the map was with people who didn’t know what they were doing.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

What is wrong is that if you are destroyed 500 to 0 you lose a ladder point. You always have to score at least 200 points, even if your predicted chance of winning is 0, according to the Ladder point grid.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

That is a useless response but thank you for taking the time to type sweeping assertions.

PvP court yard

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I love it. Such a nice change from conquest. Support builds seem to do really well.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]