PvP for Laurels

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I know this may sound noobish, but is it possible to have PvP rewards for laurels?
As a PvP player I have 360 laurels, but I can not spend these for something useful in PvP.

Please state your opinion in a serious manner.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

I approve this post.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It’s a trap. You should have never said how many you have. Now even if they did add it, everything would cost 200-300 laurels because that’s what ANet does. They take numbers based off of what people have saved up, regardless of how realistic it is. I’m just saying…

25 trait points for a heal in pvp… you’ve been warned.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

It’s a trap. You should have never said how many you have. Now even if they did add it, everything would cost 200-300 laurels because that’s what ANet does.

I do not care how much it would cost. I only care about using these for something useful in my form of entertainment (PvP), instead of letting them add up over time.

They take numbers based off of what people have saved up, regardless of how realistic it is. I’m just saying…

It is a good logic to cost a lot, simply because there are some PvP players not spending laurels, as there is nothing to spend them on. If those players would all move to PvE or WvW, then most likely things would be different.

Thank you for answering so far.
I am still waiting for opinions and feedback.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

you can go Lionsarch and buy from vendor with laurels t6-crafting bags and sell the stuff in TP

good gold

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

What would you want to buy with Laurels?

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I’m just going to say I don’t support this because the game is already not that alt-friendly, laurels are kinda scarce for people trying to get ascended armor as is, especially on alts/new players. This game doesn’t need to be more alt-blocking. Maybe start giving pvpers their own daily stuff like Laurels, but imo they don’t need more uses. Just cash those 300+ in for something like 100-150g and call it a win.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

You have 360 laurels?! :o

As Ron said, you can just trade them in for hundreds of gold. Otherwise, you can get random crap like an Infinite Cat Tonic, a mini cat, and whatnot. If you’re an 80, then you can pretty much get all of the ascended trinkets/amulets/etc that you need in case you ever want to play WvW.

EDIT: oh yeah, and you can get dyes as well, which are always nice.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Considering Anet’s starting to move towards progression (see skills being sold for 25 skill points) in PvP, it might be a good idea to save laurels just in case — for example, the next batch of skills may be sold for 30 skill points and 10 laurels.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Considering Anet’s starting to move towards progression (see skills being sold for 25 skill points) in PvP, it might be a good idea to save laurels just in case — for example, the next batch of skills may be sold for 30 skill points and 10 laurels.

Cmon, man delete this… Don’t give them this kind of idea… We don’t need time-gated content in spvp on top of unlockables.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

Thank you for your answers so far.

It seems it is better for me to wait until the development team introduces something useful in PvP for laurels, so I will follow the opinion of Lord Kuru by saving laurels.

Even though I only enjoy PvP (like I mentioned), I thank you all for your opinions regarding PvE and WvW content for laurels.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Kebtiz.8370

Kebtiz.8370

I don’t understand the complaints for this suggestion, what would be wrong with pvp players getting legendary or ascended graphics with their laurels? It is not like the stats would be better.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I don’t understand the complaints for this suggestion, what would be wrong with pvp players getting legendary or ascended graphics with their laurels? It is not like the stats would be better.

Because putting too much time-gated content all on 1 account-wide currency is very bad. It’s bad enough as it is, making it worse would be VERY BAD. Change PvP gained Laurels to something else, then sure, but this game literally doesn’t need more laurel time-gating, which already makes alting a huge pain in the butt, especially for people who don’t play 24/7.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

Because putting too much time-gated content all on 1 account-wide currency is very bad. It’s bad enough as it is, making it worse would be VERY BAD. Change PvP gained Laurels to something else, then sure, but this game literally doesn’t need more laurel time-gating, which already makes alting a huge pain in the butt, especially for people who don’t play 24/7.

So, you suggest that PvPers don’t get to do kitten with Laurels because then you wouldn’t be able to get everything for PvE and PvP? Well, that makes sense…

I think it should be fair to let players spend Laurels on whatever the hell they want, especially since in PvP it’s just skins…

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

So, you suggest that PvPers don’t get to do kitten with Laurels because then you wouldn’t be able to get everything for PvE and PvP? Well, that makes sense…

I think it should be fair to let players spend Laurels on whatever the hell they want, especially since in PvP it’s just skins…

That isn’t my suggestion. My suggestion is to stop giving pvpers laurels at all or give them laurels in ADDITION to some sort of pvp only daily thing. You can still use the laurels you currently have for about 50g, which isn’t bad. Sure people could spend them on “whatever they want” but if they just load more and more stuff on 1 time-gated low-rate currency, it’s going to screw a lot of people over just because a small handful of PvPers do nothing but pvp. It’s a design issue, not an issue of entitlement “I have laurels so I should be able to do whatever I want with them”. Unfortunately, games don’t work like that. Different currencies are for different things. Laurels in PvP weren’t meant to reward them for pvp, it was meant to help SPvPers in PvE, making it so that doing the dailies in pvp wasn’t wasting their PVE progression time. Otherwise you’d have already seen pvp laurel items.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

In this case, I agree 100% with you. I do like this idea of an equivalent of Laurels for PvP. However, it seems that the devs are currently moving away from a separation betwen PvE and PvP (removing Glory, making item skins for both PvP and PvE, allowing PvPers to buy Tomes of Knowledge to level up, etc.)

I guess that if item skins can be used for both PvP and PvE, then Laurels could eventually have some use for PvP as well…?

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Laurels for rank points?

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Sari.9836

Sari.9836

Laurels for stuff we can use as sPvP’ers (cosmetics, skins): Yes.
Laurels for unlocks in sPvP: Never.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

Thank you all again for your opinions so far.
If this subject attracts more comments, please state your opinion in a serious manner.

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

laurels nerf incoming….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

PvP for Laurels

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Thank you all again for your opinions so far.
If this subject attracts more comments, please state your opinion in a serious manner.

I’m standing by the fact that this would sack people who enjoy both PvE and PvP together right in the junk. Alting is hard enough as it is, another time-gated addition to a single currency is a very very bad idea. As much as your entitlement may seem fair to you “I earned it I deserve to spend it on whatever I want”, it’s selfish if you consider the big picture and note that you’re not the only person who plays this game and many sPvPers also PvE, and Laurels were added to pvp to help PvPers in PvE. (Hence no PvP Laurel items)

I can agree with time-gated fun pvp stuff with its OWN currency, but this game doesn’t need more stuff thrown into a single currency. It’s poor designing, unless they were to allow dailies on a per-character basis, which isn’t likely to happen.