PvP is becoming PvE (rewards system)

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

Okay, the patch is good – but ever since this new reward system came into play, we have had lots of PvE players join.

This is okay as population has increased, though the PvE players don’t take solo/team arena serious, its frustrating for PvP players.

Some comments from PvE players: “I’m here to farm for the chests”, “I’m here for fun”, “I don’t care about losing, I just want my chest”

The competitive scene is decaying and soon its just going to be PvE based PvP.

I think removing the dungeon track rewards for losing teams would be a good start, but keep the rank rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having rewards. People can do stuff for the rewards and it wouldn’t make any difference. As a long time PvP’er, I’ve been doing it for the rank rewards all along. And I play to win.

You need to have rewards. Otherwise why would anyone play? This is an MMO after all. Loot is the name of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

I don’t think removing the tracks is a good solution, I’m mostly a PvP player and I love them. I think that bringing PvE and PvP closer together is awesome. It sounds really weird that people only farm chests and don’t care about winning. When you win you progess on the reward tracks faster (I think? That’s what it feels for me at least), and farming dungeons is a faster way to get those rewards, possibly except for those weapons because you get them all the time (on the dungeon reward tracks that is)

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

The new reward sistem is lacking … person that pvp alot has nothing to show, to stand out. Ppl in pve have legendaries, skins that are accesible only trough mf or mists ….. And new paths for rewards doesnt look like progression, but rather repeatable quests. They need to add lots of new pvp only skins as reward and ascended gear for like 1000 tourney wins, top 100 players on leaderboards … or any other things that benefit good pvp players + we kitten are getting crafting materials for ascended that i cant use at all since i am not pve player and do not craft…. This sistem favors pve players more (make it easyer for them) than pvp.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

IMHO, this new patch is an amazing joke for PvPers.

WHY? Think 5 minutes.

- You want to change the skins of your armor or weapon? Before was free, now you have to use your trasmutation charge;
- You want to get some nice rewards? You need to go in PvE, do the dungeon and unlock some new rewards tracks;
- You just want to play some serious skilled tournament match? This is just impossibile because all PvErs that don’t care about win or losing a match comes in PvP to farm skins.

The results? SoloQ is the new hotjoin, TeamQ is full of 5-man team that don’t know how to do a simple rotation or some map-maccanics.

GuildWars 2 is a PvE based game, it will never become esport, it will never have a good ladder sistem, it will never have some good PvP mode like GW1.

The game is called “GUILD WARS” but there is not GvG.
The game is called “GUILD WARS” but there is not a competitive PvP scene.
The game is called “GUILD WARS” but the PvP aspect of the game is PvE-related.
The game should be called “GUILD IN PVE”.

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I don’t think removing the tracks is a good solution, I’m mostly a PvP player and I love them. I think that bringing PvE and PvP closer together is awesome. It sounds really weird that people only farm chests and don’t care about winning. When you win you progess on the reward tracks faster (I think? That’s what it feels for me at least), and farming dungeons is a faster way to get those rewards, possibly except for those weapons because you get them all the time (on the dungeon reward tracks that is)

It’s nonsensical, really; If you want these skins you’re better off doing PvE anyways. If you win I’m fairly sure that you progress twice as fast on those tracks.

Feels like a small minority of PvE players. The tracks is probably going to bring a massive amount of people to PvP, which really are the building blocks for a thriving PvP

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

It’s nonsensical, really; If you want these skins you’re better off doing PvE anyways. If you win I’m fairly sure that you progress twice as fast on those tracks.

Feels like a small minority of PvE players. The tracks is probably going to bring a massive amount of people to PvP, which really are the building blocks for a thriving PvP

“A LOT OF PEOPLE IN PVP” is one of the ingredients.

Today we have only this ingredient.

Anyway we need a lot of more important ingredients:

- A completely revisited MATCHMAKING SYSTEM;
- A completely revisited LADDER AND DIVISIONS SYSTEM;
- A completely revisited SEASONS SYSTEM.

All this things can give us a very nice PvP experience…now is a terrible PvP experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

[…]
Some comments from PvE players: “I’m here to farm for the chests”, “I’m here for fun”, “I don’t care about losing, I just want my chest”[…]

How dare someone play a game for fun, this is blasphemy against the PvP gods!

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

^ Well, it’s not terrible for me atleast. I’m having a ridiculous amount of fun in the courtyard! (With small teams)
Love MMO PvP, but purely Conquest isn’t really my thing.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Chilli.2976

[…]
Some comments from PvE players: “I’m here to farm for the chests”, “I’m here for fun”, “I don’t care about losing, I just want my chest”[…]

I play for fun, but when it comes to tournaments its not about fun, I play to win!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

There should be a greater difference between the loss-reward and the win-reward.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Chilli.2976

There should be a greater difference between the loss-reward and the win-reward.

Exactly, losing you should only get rank points – this would stop PvE players just playing ‘for fun’ to farm the chests – and not giving a toss about their team.

Sick of this.

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

This, and increasing rewards for a tourny game.

in PvP

Posted by: Noalani.6384

Noalani.6384

I won’t say I’m a “pro” pvp player. I play both pve and pvp and I enjoy them. It’s a game. I want to win and I do my very best, but don’t forget this is a game. Of course there are people playing for fun (which is logical and desirable, if not for fun, why would they play for?). Don’t get so serious about it.

The real problem I see here is match-making, pre and post patch. We need a system which sorts people according to their rank with better rewards for higher tiers. Rabbits against rabbits, sharks against sharks and so on. This would be a lot fairer. Of course it won’t completely solve the problem, because of the pvp glory farmers who are in the high ranks without doing anything, but it would be a good start, imo.

in PvP

Chilli.2976

Rabbits against rabbits, sharks against sharks and so on.

I like this idea, but it may have an affect on joining times to play..

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Be nice to new players.. only bads complain/yell at people.

Those trying pvp for “rewards” (LOL) will soon find that they can do a better job in pve, but at least now they don’t have the excuse that they can’t use there wombocombo legendary/get gold in pvp.
Maybe 90% of the new population will leave but pvp population will still have almost doubled till that happens remember the good old days with 10 minute pops, when Pvp was just for you . ( and 19 other people)

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

“competitive scene is decaying” dude there was never 1 to begin with what u talking about… well yeah there was but that was long time ago.

pvp has been in zombie state for a long time now, dead but not 100% dead …at least with the new pvers doing pvp you have fun watching em doing stupid kitten.

if you remove the rewards for loosing (wich i dont mind, in fact i really dont care) pvers and new pvpers will leave becouse … well … they are like that and we will be back to long q’s and figthing the same people over and over again.

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

The issue isn’t so much the rewards, but how easy they are to obtain.

By basically getting 5 points per match you can get enough progress to get 2/3 of a bar in team queue(~1.6%). Sure enough, I’ve been paired with a LOT of people who just cap home and then AFK the rest of the match because of this.

The rewards should instead ramp up from near nothing(ie: basically the silver rewards only) and once you reach a certain amount of games played, then it starts allowing for reward tracks. This would help promote learning the game and block most people who are just there to farm.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

[…]

So people that go to a specifically competitive game mode (spvp), that requires heavy team work, don’t deserve to be paired with of people with the same mindset?

Ill just go ruin your all pve fractal runs, and waste wvw resources etc etc, because “urr durr imma play fur fun I don’t need to listen to you im just here for the lootz”

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Okay, the patch is good – but ever since this new reward system came into play, we have had lots of PvE players join.

This is okay as population has increased, though the PvE players don’t take solo/team arena serious, its frustrating for PvP players.

Some comments from PvE players: “I’m here to farm for the chests”, “I’m here for fun”, “I don’t care about losing, I just want my chest”

The competitive scene is decaying and soon its just going to be PvE based PvP.

I think removing the dungeon track rewards for losing teams would be a good start, but keep the rank rewards.

Nah, dude. It’s not near as rewarding as pve, and most players will eventually improve. But heck, man, if they don’t we get free kills. I see no losing in this situation

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

… When the Seasons will replace Tournaments, there will be the motivation to win…
… Atm with these rewards , ppl will get addict to the pvp side , till seasons arrives…

in PvP

Posted by: FuzzyRamen.4902

FuzzyRamen.4902

If only PvP gets me legendary at level 80.

Mesmer need that perplexity runes in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: snatch.2584

snatch.2584

it’s good. just look at all those shiny things what pve players get over the year and what we don’t. maybe now pvp will get as much patches as pve since it become pve ;o

in PvP

Chilli.2976

it’s good. just look at all those shiny things what pve players get over the year and what we don’t. maybe now pvp will get as much patches as pve since it become pve ;o

Probably a living world update lol.