PvP map blacklist

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Keapora.1387

Keapora.1387

Hey! Haven’t seen a thread like this, so hopefully I’m not missing sagely advice or beating a dead horse.

I’m sick to death of Revenge of the Capricorn and Eternal Colosseum. On paper, the map mechanics sound fun! They’re not, though. At all. And at least one of these maps seems to pop up to vote for every single match. I think I’ve had about 2 out of 11 matches just today that didn’t list one or the other as a choice. I’m a little salty about everyone and their Aunt Sally voting for these maps every opportunity, too, for a chance at achievement progress. I’d really rather just win the match? Maybe I’m unique in this sentiment.

WoW has a map blacklist. With a larger roster of maps, they have a limit of two maps you won’t ever get into. I realize players don’t get to vote on the map in WoW, and this is sort of GW2’s way of weeding out which maps aren’t chosen: Percentially, by player vote. And I know there’s already a game mode checkbox. Not what I’m talking about. I’d appreciate a little more choice going into the vote. We all have those two maps we wish we’d never see again: remember when Skyhammer was the troll vote?? If I could blacklist Capricorn and Colosseum, I’d be a much happier camper. Can a map blacklist like this be made?

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

These 2 maps are very good, it has nothing to do with achievments. In fact most of the players already had these achievments, since they existed before the achievments of the other maps.

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

They aren’t actually bad maps.

Colosseum is a bit eh, it’s a wide open map. They fixed the side nodes so it’s alright.

Capricorn “4th node” mechanic is pretty nice, we actually had a comeback recently with a final +75 point cap, when the enemy was a bunker comp that just won’t leave mid. Lots of side node play in this one.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

I know they get picked a lot…but I much rather prefer Eternal Coliseum, Revenge of the Capricorn, Skyhammer, and Temple of the Silent Storm over Forest of Niflhel, Battle of Kyhlo, and Legacy of the Foefire (since they have got so incredibly dull to play on after so many years of preference).

Waiting until Spirit Watch makes an appearance in Ranked.

Side Note: I vote for Revenge of the Capricorn because it reminds me of the days of Raid on the Capricorn the PvP underwater map. Nostalgia. :/

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

I hate coliseum because it seems that most people I end up on teams with are incapable of playing it. I actually really like Capricorn, it’s like a better version of Forest tbh.

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

Can’t stand Forest or Foefire. It actually offends me that Foefire is listed as my “favorite” map when I never vote for it . I hate it’s mid and how ranger friendly it is (I know, l2p, blah blah, still hate it).

That being said, I would rather play a map I don’t like as much then deal with longer queue times because everyone has different maps blacklisted.

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

Can’t stand Forest or Foefire. It actually offends me that Foefire is listed as my “favorite” map when I never vote for it . I hate it’s mid and how ranger friendly it is (I know, l2p, blah blah, still hate it).

That being said, I would rather play a map I don’t like as much then deal with longer queue times because everyone has different maps blacklisted.

Lol, funny you say that. I have Forest listed as my favorite map and I NEVER vote for it. It actually bothers me to see that! lol. It should be changed to “Most played map” or change the favorite to whatever you vote for most. (Developer priorities right!)

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Personally, im done with Temple and Nifhel, so if I can blacklist them I’ll be happy,
But on the downside, if it means 15 minutes queue every round Ill rather play on maps Im done with

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Xaphan.8745

Xaphan.8745

I would LOVE to be able to block the Eternal Coliseum… I’m getting this kittenty map like 50% of the time, and I hate it so much. Meanwhile, doing 6+ hours of pvp a day dosen’t seems enough to get Spirit Watch at least once…

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

I would LOVE to be able to block the Eternal Coliseum… I’m getting this kittenty map like 50% of the time, and I hate it so much. Meanwhile, doing 6+ hours of pvp a day dosen’t seems enough to get Spirit Watch at least once…

You probably know this, but if not, Spirit Watch is not on the list of playable maps in Ranked pvp. If you are playing un-ranked than that is a pretty long streak to not get a map to show up.

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I could live the rest of my life without playing on Foefire ever again.

PvP map blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Carbon Mantis.8962

Carbon Mantis.8962

I wish we could trade map luck. I have two ~90% complete achievements left for Foefire and I’ve managed to land the map only once in almost two weeks (and then against full condi party so RIP). I have an odd schedule so my time is often limited, and 5 min+ queues don’t help. Always Coliseum or Temple. . .