PvP matchmaking

PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Forsworn.4592

Forsworn.4592

I was playing ranked today as a rank 30 player and 2 matches at least 3 of the other team had dragon finishers. Isn’t the game supposed to match you based on your rank? We got absolutely slaughtered by way better players.

PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

You’re matched based on a hidden MMR (based on your performance) not your rank (based on how long you’ve played).

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: xemplifi.3524

xemplifi.3524

You’re matched based on a hidden MMR (based on your performance) not your rank (based on how long you’ve played).

MMR is very loosely based on your personal performance but it’s more an indicator of the performance of the teams you’ve been in.

(edited by xemplifi.3524)

PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Your wins and losses are really the only good way the game has of measuring your performance at the moment. Defining it any other way is really just salt showing through.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: xemplifi.3524

xemplifi.3524

Your wins and losses are really the only good way the game has of measuring your performance at the moment. Defining it any other way is really just salt showing through.

Not exactly sure what you mean by the second part of your paragraph. Seeming as winning relies on good team cooperation and/or coherence it is as I said, a very loose measure of your individual performance and more indicative of the success of the previous teams you’ve played with. I feel your use of the word “good” to describe this particular method of statistical analysis misplaced.