PvP ranks shown at end of match

in PvP

Posted by: NinjaTurtleMD.6278

NinjaTurtleMD.6278

Why are they not shown anymore? What is the point of even having a rank if nobody will ever see it other than through a finisher?

Also, if we are going to be receiving rewards that people will store in their bank (tomes of knowledge etc..) maybe there should be a bank in heart of the mists.

Other than that I am enjoying pvp as of late.

NSP

in PvP

Posted by: Destromestro.9428

Destromestro.9428

It is very clear that Anet want to drag more PvE players in to PvP . So I think they removed rank from the score board to

1) Prevent hardcore PvP players from discovering that they have lot of newbies in their tournament team ( imagine seeing a score board with following ranks 48, 5,6,5,5 )

2) Prevent PvE players to feel like they are newbies in PvP (imagine a PvE player having all that flashy gear with legendaries discovering that another guy in the same team with ‘crappy gear’ has a far more superior rank)

I made a post about the same thing in the morning

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/What-does-PVP-rank-means-after-the-patch-1/first#post3944908

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Because all it lead to was more toxicity, something the game has too much of already. Seeing the rank at the end of the match did nothing important, there was nothing gained. It did however give people who were already annoyed something to rage about.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

because rank dont show anything and people cant handle this number

in PvP

Destromestro.9428

Because all it lead to was more toxicity, something the game has too much of already. Seeing the rank at the end of the match did nothing important, there was nothing gained. It did however give people who were already annoyed something to rage about.

I’m a hardcore PvP player and someone who is really happy with the changes Anet made with PvP . I understand that a change is never easy and all PvP players should have little more patient with new PvE players in our tPvP maps and I know that some PvE players don’t listen to experienced PvP players and it irritates people.

This reminds me of the first few weeks of the launch . PvP looked just like this back then because all of us were new. But we learnt it after a while. The difference is we had no one to tell us ‘what to do’ or ’ noob don’t do that! fight in the node!’ etc. In time, they will learn how to play it and I’m kinda happy we have new players.

However , non of this answer the question I made in my other post.

What does the PvP rank mean now??? If you cant do anything specific to your rank or if you can’t show it to other players what does it mean to the player?

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Half the community is r80 now anyways, what does it matter? So we can all high five each other after a game for our ranks? “Woahhhh dude sweet dragon bro!” “Dude man, thanks bro, you tooo!”

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

showing ranks at the end of a match did nothing good for any player, not for a single moment since implementation.
it is a well thought step forward to not show them anymore; they were only food for flamers.

i thought at least in tournament matches they will implement leaderboard ranking. big shame they didn’t.

people were always complaining about meaningless ranks, that they were not showing player skill in any way, just some kind of time investment.
true.
so anet changed the way ranks are like pve-lvl’s work, thats fine for a time investment.

now there are people getting from complaining meaningless ranks to complaining meaningless ranks. complainers always complain i guess.

on the other hand i have to say that it’s a bit anets fault, because they have to deliver a replacement for players to show off how good they are.
that is just because people need to do so (i dunno why but most people do).

and anet never mentioned any kind of replacement. i’m talking about an ongoing process, nothing like leagues or anything mentioned to be seasonal.
something like titles for tournament matches won. maybe separated solo/team.
too many really good suggestions already on this forum for skill-showing titles.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: snatch.2584

snatch.2584

then maybe just let us see others rank in the mists? like instead of pve level anyways, showing ranks at the end of the match only in theory leads to toxicity, people were toxic and will be toxic so it doesn’t solve the problem. i would like to see that rank!

#edit
So maybe let us see rank ONLY in hot joins and team queue (if you don’t have a team then don’t complain when you’ll get low ranks in your team) op kitten idea

(edited by snatch.2584)

in PvP

Posted by: Nemiros.3590

Nemiros.3590

Rank used to mean time played. Everyone likes to say rank doesnt say anything about a player, but that is just not true. I have met many bad rank 60 players (prepatch) but never have i found one of these legendary pro rank 30s that the people in the forums like to talk about.

They removed the ranks for the pve crowd. All the pvp crowd is now 80 and dont need to see it,so it is just a QQ number now

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

All I care about is a /finisher command so, I can pop out my quaggans and phoenix and shark whenever I want.

Honestly, Dragon emote is lame. I never heard of a dragon emitting electricity. It was always great balls of fire! ANET kinda messed up with Dragon emote. It’s not majestic at all like it was in Guild Wars 1.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

1) Prevent hardcore PvP players from discovering that they have lot of newbies in their tournament team ( imagine seeing a score board with following ranks 48, 5,6,5,5 )

2) Prevent PvE players to feel like they are newbies in PvP (imagine a PvE player having all that flashy gear with legendaries discovering that another guy in the same team with ‘crappy gear’ has a far more superior rank)

How would this prevent old players from spotting terribads? I know their rank way before half match (Well i should say…i used to know their rank cause now they’re all high ranked nabs lol)…no need to see ranks at the end of the match to spot a nab…for pve’ers feeling bad noone give a single kitten, i can still go in with r15 second account, kik their kitten telling them to go back pve all day just for the lulz, met many “cardboard sharks” after patch ragequitting from tpvp matches after being ganked 3-4 times by a r15 mesmer (Trolling them in teamchat too ofc) …old players usually know my second account so i can’t fool them with op r15 mesmer u.u This game is dead cause anet cares bout new players too much, pushing them into free rewards and kitten specs even my grandma without one hand could play…the last thing left is trolling and insulting bads…so much fun

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

What does the PvP rank mean now??? If you cant do anything specific to your rank or if you can’t show it to other players what does it mean to the player?

Its the stuff you unlock with each new level, plus the feeling of “progression”. That’s about it really, and honestly that’s mostly all its ever been.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I don’t know why they show PvE levels in hotjoin, at first I thought it was rank, but it definitely is the PvE level. I don’t know why that even matters. Very random.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Destromestro.9428

showing ranks at the end of a match did nothing good for any player, not for a single moment since implementation.
it is a well thought step forward to not show them anymore; they were only food for flamers.

i thought at least in tournament matches they will implement leaderboard ranking. big shame they didn’t.

people were always complaining about meaningless ranks, that they were not showing player skill in any way, just some kind of time investment.
true.
so anet changed the way ranks are like pve-lvl’s work, thats fine for a time investment.

now there are people getting from complaining meaningless ranks to complaining meaningless ranks. complainers always complain i guess.

on the other hand i have to say that it’s a bit anets fault, because they have to deliver a replacement for players to show off how good they are.
that is just because people need to do so (i dunno why but most people do).

and anet never mentioned any kind of replacement. i’m talking about an ongoing process, nothing like leagues or anything mentioned to be seasonal.
something like titles for tournament matches won. maybe separated solo/team.
too many really good suggestions already on this forum for skill-showing titles.

I agree with some of your points. However ,This game has a community and its a social game . If you ask the question " I dunno why people wanna show how good they are?" or " I dunno why people have to show rank?" then you also should ask the question " Why would someone want to go through a hell of a paint to get a legendary weapon?" . Imagine you obtain a legendary and you can’t show it to anyone and you are the only one who can see it in a private instance . “Why is there a star sign on top of the players name who have done 100% map completion?” . Following your logic , I can also ask what good it does by showing it to other players ? Same as all that ,PvP rank defenitely reflects the commitment you made to PvP. Other people know that atleast you have been playing it for a while .

in PvP

Destromestro.9428

Its the stuff you unlock with each new level, plus the feeling of “progression”. That’s about it really, and honestly that’s mostly all its ever been.

No not really. We had level based vendors and level based crafting ( I mean you can’t gather materials to craft Tiger gear without hitting Tiger ) . There were many times I looked up to superior ranked players and learnt from them. It meant something to many players before. This is not a complain . As I have said in a previous post , I’m thankful for the changes that happened recently to PvP. But if people are saying that PvP Rank meant nothing well then I have to step up.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

They removed the ranks to hide their poor matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Could it just be a side effect of their original decision (which was overturned) to removed ranks from the game?

They were likely working on the current system for a long time and in that time they had planned to get rid of ranks. It was during the development of the new system that they decided to keep ranks but maybe it was too late to keep them in the score board. Someone had already changed it and while ranks were kept around, their inclusion in the game isn’t part of the team’s vision for the game so no effort was made to find a place for them.

I agree there are benefits to “hiding” ranks but I suspect the original reason (which could still be supported by arguments favouring “hidden” ranks) is that it’s simply a side effect of planning the removal of ranks.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

@OP:

^ This.

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

@OP:

State of spvp summed up in 1 post. I can only add that bringing PvE players to sPvP was the worst idea and they killed their PvP playerbase even more.

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

A team group was advertising for players rank 70+ only…I thought lets give this a go…

Join…are you rank 70?…yes (no I am not)…ok lets play…

Cool…I have a feeling after playing though, I wasn’t the only one telling a ‘white’ lie…lol.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m kind of glad that ranks aren’t shown at the end of the match. I pvped on my husband’s account last night, something he’s never ever done, so it was a complete blank slate. I didn’t do too badly (won 3 out of 4, or maybe it was 3 out of 5. did’t play a heck of a lot of matches), but in the matches my team lost, people were….less than polite. It tends to kill the enjoyment just a tad…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: BlizzarD.9617

BlizzarD.9617

This post needs an official response.