Posted by: ibkillin.9610

ibkillin.9610

Should be like this:

Bronze = no decay
Silver = 3 day decay
Gold = 2 day decay
Platinum = 1 day decay
Legendary = 12 hour day

Want to be legendary? Gotta be on this game almost daily if you care to be in the top spots. Bronze would allow the casuals to move up in ratings, and actually feel like they are getting somewhere.

PvP season 5 thoughts from a top 10 player

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

As a top MMR player myself I agreed completely with what katsumi said especially about the placement matches, I placed mid gold but get out of it within 3 games and got into top 10 (for like 20 mins then I logged off and 20 mins later I’m #12 FeelsBadMan )

The system is working definitely in my opinion. It is flaw in some aspects however with time it will work out. The complains atm are mostly from people who delude themselves into thinking theyre better than they truly are and they just need to accept that if you’re truly good. Then you’ll get Top 50 and Legendary.

You placed Gold Tier 2 (mid gold) then you got to Plat in 3 games? Either your full of kitten or this system is (I think both). I don’t think the complaints are mostly from deluded players gimme a break. Sorry but I would think playing in Gold rank you would have teammates that didn’t play like they just got off the short bus from school.

I know I’m not legendary and I don’t give a crap. I do care to see some time of progression and not just back and forth etc. Even if you win and lose, you still end up losing more since it takes you longer to gain rating back.

I’d say it’s probably around 50/50 for the complaints. Some people have very valid arguments and then come on these forums only to be trolled to get good or told you are garbage when they haven’t even seen you play. The placement system is broken, if it’s 80% luck why bother calling this competitive PvP because it is not.

Another thing is a healthy enough community. Yes PvP tends to be toxic at times, but still all you get is trolled in game or on these forums. TBH this game’s “pvp and eSports” deserves to fail. I honestly pretty much can’t stand a majority of the player base.

Devs have the power to shape the meta yet they are happy with where it stands, and it’s crap. All these cool classes and abilities yet you see the same cookie cutter builds through out ranked. When you get bored of these and decide to do something else you get harassed and called out for being a noob, kitten wasting everyone’s time etc. I swear this community is getting near the level of LoL toxicity in ranked.

Uhm, you can check the leaderboard to fact checks me. I am a well known player at “high tier”. Don’t need to type a thesis on the issue dude. I placed ~1500ish and I indeed get out of it within 3 games because I do not belong there. I belong at High Plat/Legendary where I will fluctuate depending on how well I contribute/carry my team.

Also, you only need 200 pts to get out of gold to plat. And I get 87 +79 and +64 on my 3 games out of plats then it sharply drop to +30-3 and +7 now so Yes the system is working. It’s not flawless but it is working. Also, I have to 1v2 and 1v3 on those 3 games while my duoQ partner support the bads in team fight. Just because you cant climb to top 20 doesn’t mean the system is not working.

I don’t give a kitten if I’m in the top 20 buddy, I don’t even care if I hit legendary. I also didn’t type a "thesis’. It’s exactly this type of crap above which is why I’m done with this game till the next expansion if I even bother to get that. If the system is working so great why are their so many threads about how bad it is? Ya of course some of it is QQ, but c’mon seriously? Just like past seasons where “everything is working fine” says the ppl who didn’t get the short end of the stick.

Whatever, I’m done with this game.

1) the only certainties in life are death, taxes, and people qqing in the forums about computer games.
2) half the people that play a match lose.

In reality the only thing people are upset about is a few people got lucky and got placed higher than they should have and it wasn’t them. However, the “lucky” few will likely enjoy several beat downs until they are in the proper location. Unless, they actually were good enough to hang and the system actually got it right.

in PvP

Posted by: Paul.2054

Paul.2054

My main concern is a lack of competition at the higher end of things right now. It feels like there are so many gaps of time in NA where you can just duo with two top players and never face anyone at the same level of play that competitive matches aren’t really happening and there are already a lot of people just sitting on their rating at the top. People can just pick and choose when to go in with a duo and just take that high percentage victory and you don’t have to risk a whole lot it feels.

I think this is a result of two things. One being that the community of top tier players aren’t really playing actively enough to support these kinds of matches on NA which is probably true. It’s kinda hard to blame the strong duos for going in and farming people if there just legitimately isn’t another competitive duo or set of players that matchmaking has available for them to face. The second thing could be that people are just dodging the strong duos or are simply just afraid to queue into them which I think is understandable. It feels like even duos are too powerful and that ranked should actually just be made into purely solo play. This way there is no way to guarantee any sort of advantageous team whatsoever and you’re left completely up to match making. This makes queueing while top players are around a little less intimidating especially if you don’t have a duo partner to play with or just want to play solo.

Even I have duod a lot this season and I feel like I’m sorta put into a position where I want to because it’s just much more of an advantage to me personally than before with the rating system. I’m punished very heavily for losing even a single match and now I’m at the point that it takes legitimately 5 or more wins to make up for a loss. I don’t want to be some kind of ranked tyrant that only queues with other top players but I feel like it is too much of an advantage not to. I might just stop doing it as a personal preference but I know there will be times where match making won’t be on my side because of other people duo queueing and I’ll pay for it.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

My main concern is a lack of competition at the higher end of things right now. It feels like there are so many gaps of time in NA where you can just duo with two top players and never face anyone at the same level of play that competitive matches aren’t really happening and there are already a lot of people just sitting on their rating at the top. People can just pick and choose when to go in with a duo and just take that high percentage victory and you don’t have to risk a whole lot it feels.

I think this is a result of two things. One being that the community of top tier players aren’t really playing actively enough to support these kinds of matches on NA which is probably true. It’s kinda hard to blame the strong duos for going in and farming people if there just legitimately isn’t another competitive duo or set of players that matchmaking has available for them to face. The second thing could be that people are just dodging the strong duos or are simply just afraid to queue into them which I think is understandable. It feels like even duos are too powerful and that ranked should actually just be made into purely solo play. This way there is no way to guarantee any sort of advantageous team whatsoever and you’re left completely up to match making. This makes queueing while top players are around a little less intimidating especially if you don’t have a duo partner to play with or just want to play solo.

Even I have duod a lot this season and I feel like I’m sorta put into a position where I want to because it’s just much more of an advantage to me personally than before with the rating system. I’m punished very heavily for losing even a single match and now I’m at the point that it takes legitimately 5 or more wins to make up for a loss. I don’t want to be some kind of ranked tyrant that only queues with other top players but I feel like it is too much of an advantage not to. I might just stop doing it as a personal preference but I know there will be times where match making won’t be on my side because of other people duo queueing and I’ll pay for it.

There is something off with match making.

Just a hour ago i had a match where i was the opposite of the number 1 ranked player NA.

That isnt the issue, the problem was there warrior ran to our home and killed our thief 1 vs 1.

Then we lost the mid fight even having a 3 vs 4 start at it.

I honestly believe Anet doesnt show everyones badges after a match. Its quite obvious that alot of you top tier players are not facing other top tier players imo. I think he got +4 from the match and i lost double digit points.

Edit- Lastly i was saying solo que only in multiple threads from the start of the season so awesome of ya to get that started.

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

The system heavily favors duo queueing rather than solo queueing. 2-2-1 vs 1-1-1-1-1 is becoming a problem.

This season structure is far from perfect but it is better than previous seasons. There are valid concerns and statements from high ranked players, mid and low ranked. Keeping in mind that they’ve changed how ranking works each season, I can see them sticking with this and tweaking a few things.

For now I’d like them to enforce class restrictions and not have 2-2-1 vs five solo, regardless of average team MMR.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Dreamer.1952

Dreamer.1952

3. This leads me to my next point, for whatever reason losing to top tier players makes you lose ALOT of mmr, i haven’t experienced this personally on this account as I have been within the top 5 fairly steadily, but I have heard lower ranked people can lose anywhere from 50-70 rank points for losing to top 5 players. This doesn’t make sense honestly and feels really unfriendly towards lower ranked players because of the amount of games they will have to win to climb back up again. If anything losing to top players should make you lose LESS points instead of more, if you yourself are lower.

3. I faced rank 1 player with his duo partner yesterday, we won but the points gain was so minimal despite him and his friend being 300 pts above us………..

For reference I have 1730 MMR, you guys have like 2050 which is 320 MMR difference and I lost 12 =/

This favours players in higher ranks more so it keeps them up. I would like to know how the point gain loose of the top 100 players is?

Also, you only need 200 pts to get out of gold to plat. And I get 87 +79 and +64 on my 3 games out of plats then it sharply drop to +30-3 and +7 now so Yes the system is working. It’s not flawless but it is working. Also, I have to 1v2 and 1v3 on those 3 games while my duoQ partner support the bads in team fight. Just because you cant climb to top 20 doesn’t mean the system is not working.

This is the only one saying that he/she is getting high rating points. Is there a history of gaining points where you can see the last matches points??

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I have to fully agree on placement matches being an issue. Unless duo’ing to an extent, they were mainly luck of the draw. I played on two accounts one with hot, which we all now is op compared to core, and one without. I managed to get a higher placement with my core account than with my main.

Also to hit on win/loss a bit. Idk why losses account for almost twice what wins do. Losing 30 for a loss and only gaining 14 for a win, just seems off.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in PvP

Posted by: jedy.9708

jedy.9708

We all have to agreed that we should have started at 0 rating and climb.

They need to balance the duo queue. Match duo queue team vs duo queue team.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

We all have to agreed that we should have started at 0 rating and climb.

No we definitely haven’t. That has already been tried in a previous season and was a total desaster.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Starting at 0 isn’t much fun either. Same thing happens ig you’re unlucky plus it’s so frustrating to be paired with people that have never pvped in any game ever.

There just needs to be an individual rating system where rating loss/gain is not solely decided by win/loss because it’s outside your control and it’s not a team you choose.

in PvP

Paul.2054

Starting at 0 would actually be worse overall than this current system. The problem with the placement system imo was that we just had no idea where people are starting after the soft reset occurred and how their matches are effecting their rating as they place. It just seems too random that players can get the same record but have wildly different rating by the end of placements without some kind of context of how it occurred. No one could have been sure where their rating was before the patch no matter how well you think you have done within the previous seasons because we had no way to know until now. Next season would be a more interesting study on it because we will have actual pre reset numbers to compare to after they place.

I’ve seen players and accounts that should be near the highest point when it comes to rating end up on the lower end of the spectrum with win rates as high as 7 or more wins while we get people like direx who got a placement rating that even pro players are struggling to reach after theirs.

I think best case scenario is there should have been an upper limit that players could hit that even like 8-2 records would hit and 7-3 records would be close to. A lower limit doesn’t make sense but an upper limit is actually fair because good players can always continue to climb while a lower limit doesn’t actually allow people to experience the “no limit on backwards progress” that the previous system didn’t show at all, which is really important to accurately show skill.

In this system I do have to say that some people are going to have to accept that you simply won’t place as high even after the entire season as you have in previous seasons because there is nothing that prevents you from losing what you gained any longer. Pip division and tiers in the past have allowed people to climb all the way up to ruby with very little worry of negative progress and allowed climbing into even higher divisions such as diamond and even legend by just playing enough until you win streaked up to that point. Now nothing stops your 10 game losing streak after you hit legend/plat/gold/silver from making your rating plummet out of that division range.

Overall I think these problems could be addressed next season by having rating visible during placements when people will accurately have an idea of where they belonged based on previous seasons and there should be some kind of win streak tool that allows climbing from lower ranks if there isn’t already one implemented. If you gradually gained more and more as you went on huge win streaks it would even itself out with the no backwards limit.

Also if any dev is interested in strange ladder examples I know me and java have at least one that ended up on the lower end of the spectrum we would like to show you. Players who ended up on the higher end like direx I figure are fairly visible already.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Individual ratings based on your own performance would be a huge motivator for me at least. Right now I don’t even feel like playing at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

I somehow managed to place in the top 5 after my placement matches (won 9 lost 1). Not really sure how I feel about that because I know I’m not good enough to be here at all. Now I’m really hesitant to play more matches because I’m probably going to get beat down to low /mid plat (where I probably belong) and that just won’t be fun to lose so many matches in a row.

Honestly I’d have preferred to have started low so I could climb instead of starting off high and being expected to fall.

However I’m also considering just playing once every 3 days and see how high I can end at.

I enjoyed your 35 points… see you next week!

HURRICANE PATRICIA

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

I also love how the system exposes bad players. It’s very easy to pin point out who got carried by the broken matchmaking in previous seasons

HURRICANE PATRICIA

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

This new season is great, I ONLY solo q and the games feel really good overall. There have been a couple games where it was clear my team was very new but there have also been a couple games where it was a free roll. This is how MM systems always feel in games that have been doing it right for awhile (DOTA2 and LoL).

Hopefully ANet implements some of the more technical tweaks that a few people have suggested but keeps the overall system intact going forward. They do need to add automated tournaments for the organized guild 5 mans groups to play in.

Seeing the crying in the forums by people who thought they were highly skilled but turns out are not is just amazing, sucks when you find out you got carried by a broken system in the past.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Eh, I don’t think so. The system is barely functioning. How can a loss to the top 10 players results in a point loss, when you are at a lower rating? How could that system ever sort players by skill, in descending order?

If a 9 skill looses to a 10, he should stay at 9. Why does it make sense for 10 to beat 9, thus making 9 loose points and become the new 8? The old 8 does nothing to become the new 9. This is silly. The system will not work right with those metrics. All it does is shuffle players, once placement has ended. If you keep winning consecutive matches you will get shuffled towards the top… assuming you don’t get pitted against top players.

For it to accurately sort players by skill, many wins and losses should result in little to no rating change. Your rating should only change a lot when going against players in your range, and loosing or winning.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I know I’m sitting right where I should be. Ofc I’m still pushing higher though.

Serious problem though is how easy it is for people to not even play that many games and still maintain the top slots. Make a rule that states if you are under 40 games by midseason your rating will remain but you will not be ranked as one of the top 250 until you hit the minimum number of matches required at that point. Someone winning the season with only 30 games just doesn’t seem right.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Well, one thing is for sure, it seems the system accurately found the top 20 or so players. There is no denying that. That’s a feat in itself.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

Just vs’d you guys in a duo, #1 and #3 we had nobody even top 100 (?) and I was like #240. Lost 12 rating to you guys in a total 1 sided stomp. Idk man maybe it’s rewarding for you but it feels totally unfair for me, like I lose less sometimes losing to random teams than you guys who have way higher MMR than me.

For reference I have 1730 MMR, you guys have like 2050 which is 320 MMR difference and I lost 12 =/

I feel like you guys up top should be fighting guys up top and not gaining anything from fighting people with 300 MMR diff, I know that if I stomped some random dude in silver as a plat guy I don’t deserve anything.

12 MMR is nothing. I lost -25 to -50 which was my most lost when i was top 10 and they give me 4 randoms against a team where i know every players on there. I lost 21 from that game. And I got VoD of that on my stream too. But yea I agree with the 300MMR diff part. Like I said, system is not flawless but it is better than before. We just need to give Evan and his team more time. I regain some faith in PvP team at least

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

in PvP

Posted by: Dreamer.1952

Dreamer.1952

I played today a few different roles and found out some funny things with the rank point contributions.

Its just comparriosion not really given points.

Support Ranger given point on win = 10

Condi Warrior given point on win = 20

Revenant Power given point on win = 30

Its just the overall points i get with my Revenant is like 30-40 while i get only mostly with my Ranger 10-19

Even the Patchnotes telling Healing on ranger should be counted I never saw in the end of the Match that points from healing wich should be high with Staff Astral Wisp and Solar Beam were given.

The thing i think is that Condi dmg is over Time and Power dmg is more Burst. So the thing it looks like fast kills counts more to the Power side.

Anyone of you has the same expirience about a similiar thing like me?

Edit: I remember the first year pvp wich had something like personnel score and you got alote of points on Killing. If you played a Tank build or Support you mostly got 120 Points while Burst dmg Builds got 300+ points. Pll stopped playing tank builds even stopped capping points and just rushed to kill players to gain there Rank 80 Dragon.

(edited by Dreamer.1952)

in PvP

Paul.2054

I have to agree with Kratos here guys. Even if you lose to us you’re likely losing less than we are. Our worst losses can be 40-50 points and we get less than 10 rating a game. It’s not easy for us if you face us sorry but that’s match making. If you guys beat us just think of how devastating that is too. It’s just how these types of systems work.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

I REALLY love this new system because I don’t have to deal with the MMR hell that is the lower division. Oh yea I almost forgot to tell you to get better because everyone knows if you truly belonged in Platinum, you should be able to carry 4 other pve players and at times carry 3 other professional RP players in a 4v5. I mean sure those players might be worse than the stationary PVP dummies but stop making excuses kid. If you can’t carry them, you don’t belong where I am because I am better.

Um, sure

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

now we have placing hell. Bad luck and you grind 100+ matches out of bronze and silver. :-). Yes you can climb up to your skill level, but placing feels quite random.

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

Just vs’d you guys in a duo, #1 and #3 we had nobody even top 100 (?) and I was like #240. Lost 12 rating to you guys in a total 1 sided stomp. Idk man maybe it’s rewarding for you but it feels totally unfair for me, like I lose less sometimes losing to random teams than you guys who have way higher MMR than me.

I feel like you guys up top should be fighting guys up top and not gaining anything from fighting people with 300 MMR diff, I know that if I stomped some random dude in silver as a plat guy I don’t deserve anything.

12 MMR is nothing. I lost -25 to -50 which was my most lost when i was top 10 and they give me 4 randoms against a team where i know every players on there. I lost 21 from that game. And I got VoD of that on my stream too. But yea I agree with the 300MMR diff part. Like I said, system is not flawless but it is better than before. We just need to give Evan and his team more time. I regain some faith in PvP team at least

Not even close to before. At least before, everyone started from the same division. Reducing the game to duo q only benefits the pro players. I am an exception because I’ve quite literally kittened off just about every good player. Doubt I’ll find someone worth q’ing with. But I’m not really complaining at all, just laughing really.

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0

in PvP

displacedTitan.6897

To tier players play with other top tier players. So of course they have a better time.

Meanwhile at bronze level we get crap for players and crap for people disconnecting and rage quitting.

Sounds like expectations crashed into reality hard for some people. Maybe accept that you are bronze tier, learn from mistakes and get better?….. Nah better go cry on forums instead!

I am in gold and understand its around where my current skill level puts me, guess I shouldnt try and get better since its all luck right?

The jokes are great here!

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

No one is saying its flawless.

We all just have questions and little things like not being able to see badges.

Just now i had a match with 2 players on my team from Best Team North Africa which i think was a ESL team….?

Either way we won 500-103, i gain +13. I lost yesterday to the number 1 ranked player ( i might be going on too long about this) and i lost 18.

Its just that questioin of a match im suppose to lose i lose big and a match im suppose to win i win normal.

Everyone just got questions and ideas to make it better. I personally never wanted it to be duo que.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

duos are fine imo, what is wrong is when the game puts you in a team where you already know you’re going to lose, like just right now I got the maygi kittened duo with another thief who played staff pp dash….

I mean seriosuly, does anet seriously expect ME to win that match? how.

That’s where this system fails when it puts you with people who don’t have a clue on how to play the game vs people who do have a clue and who are duo.

That aside I’ve seen slowly slowly better matches but still there are those stupid matches where you wonder if they really changed anything…

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

I love the system.

I did notice weekend matches aren’t that great, but I’m guessing that is mainly due to weekend “warriors” logging on to try out the league. I played too much with these players and after having a 60% win rate, I now have a 40% win rate. Not really anyone’s fault but my own, but just throwing it out there that I played enough weekday games to stabilize my MMR (relatively), and now it is all out of wack again. If we could think of a way to further separate stable MMR and shakey MMR ratings that would be great.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

The only people who don’t realize that this new pvp system is incredibly flawed are the ones who haven’t been screwed over by this new system. (And, no, I’m not saying this because i am bad at the game, and no, i do not need to “git gud” the new system needs to “git gud”).

I’ve talked with players who don’t know left from right end up in gold or plat due to getting lucky on their first 10 rating matches, and i know people who end up in bottom tier bronze when they should be much higher due to getting unlucky in the first 10 rating matches. People need to quit saying the this new system is great just because they didn’t get screwed over by it. (Oh but I’m sure nobody is going to listen to me because I’m actually being honest about the system and pointing out that it’s flawed!)

Here’s the thing; if someone who PvPs on a daily bases and knows the ins and outs of every map, knows the rotations like the back of their hand, and is generally good at all things PvP, yet still gets stuck in bronze and unable to leave while NEW PLAYERS get instantly put into silver, something is definitely wrong.

And the fact that there are no team queues the whole system is less about skill and more about luck. Basically it boils down to if you get lucky enough to have teammates who aren’t completely incompetent and will actually communicate. Sure, gold tier and up might not be like that, but the other tiers are.

Good PvPers who genuinely want to improve and want to climb the ranks simply can’t unless they get lucky, and people don’t realize that! A good player can only carry so much when the odds are stacked so high against them.

as a medium-bad player (silver-gold) i see some things , they screewed again:
-duo farming(we dont see the mmr of adversaries we dont know how they balance duos but it is clear than despite the coms i see duos whith players clearly dont belong to silver-gold, they are at least platinum(they have bad luck in placement? or directly trowed matches to farm a easy way to their real place?, or smurfing again?)
this system seems good assuming that players want to compete with equals and improve, but this is not true there are a lot of people only wants easy wins an easy and quick farm
not puting safeguards to it, screws every sistem that they want to try a clear safeguard for example, if they alow duos, duo players count as high mmr plus something more for build and com coordination that dont have the solo players

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I know I’m sitting right where I should be. Ofc I’m still pushing higher though.

Serious problem though is how easy it is for people to not even play that many games and still maintain the top slots. Make a rule that states if you are under 40 games by midseason your rating will remain but you will not be ranked as one of the top 250 until you hit the minimum number of matches required at that point. Someone winning the season with only 30 games just doesn’t seem right.

The decay will ensure that they have to keep playing to keep their spot on the leaderboards

in PvP

displacedTitan.6897

Maybe you should live in the real world instead of some fantasy you invented.

Huh, here I thought I was living in the real world where I am an average player and you are subpar. Maybe if you blame your team and your luck harder then reality will change for you… or not.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

duos are fine imo, what is wrong is when the game puts you in a team where you already know you’re going to lose, like just right now I got the maygi kittened duo with another thief who played staff pp dash….

That’s where this system fails when it puts you with people who don’t have a clue on how to play the game vs people who do have a clue and who are duo.

That aside I’ve seen slowly slowly better matches but still there are those stupid matches where you wonder if they really changed anything…

LOL you do realize you just said duos are fine then went on to say they are not?

That d/d condi thief who runs far with the power thief who can win 1 vs 1.

Im sure many people like myself in high gold/low platinum can share pics on the duo ques ive have against me.

Not to mention 2 of the top 5 players in the game saying THEY ONLY DUO QUE.

If you want to say its match making then fix match making and bring back 5 vs 5. If you want to say its competitive then make it solo que only.

You can t have threads about how you have 3 accounts in the top 250 with presumably hundreds of games played then another thread says how am i suppose to win against a duo que which is what everyone is complaining about.

Everyone in the community is saying these things which is saying something they are for but then again saying they are not for it in the same sentence.

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

LOL you do realize you just said duos are fine then went on to say they are not?

Im sure many people like myself in high gold/low platinum can share pics on the duo ques ive have against me.

If you want to say its match making then fix match making and bring back 5 vs 5. If you want to say its competitive then make it solo que only.

You can t have threads about how you have 3 accounts in the top 250 with presumably hundreds of games played then another thread says how am i suppose to win against a duo que which is what everyone is complaining about.

Everyone in the community is saying these things which is saying something they are for but then again saying they are not for it in the same sentence.

I clearly said they’re fine, what is not fine is only when the game puts you vs strong duos and you have a kittenty team, that’s the system fault and not the duo.

You can’t blame duos for being duos, the system fails so hard at soloQ that’s why they duo and it’s fine, it actually make matches a lot more fun and competitive.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I clearly said they’re fine, what is not fine is only when the game puts you vs strong duos and you have a kittenty team, that’s the system fault and not the duo.

You can’t blame duos for being duos, the system fails so hard at soloQ that’s why they duo and it’s fine, it actually make matches a lot more fun and competitive.

This is the problem though.

I have had matches with people i know in the t1 gold when im in gold3/plat1. With people in the match having plat3 or even higher.

We are talking 6+ tiers players in the same match which leads to your complaints and many others in all divisions.

Think about bronze players fighting to silver who might be thinking about watching Pro players stream to actually learn more about the ins and outs of the class. While doing this he faces 2 players from high silver pushing into gold duo qued.

Its the same as legendary Pro League players teamed up against gold players.

You say it makes matches more fun but the question is for who? You have 2 players in the top 10 literally say they will only que when duo and only with certain people.

At the bottom your having friends duo que and getting smashed since the expected MMR is presumed raised.

I agree match making is the issue but when everyone can see there ratings, seeing there own divisions move up and down. It can frustrate people and its something they can say with a legitimate case that duo ques are teh reason they cant get into said tier/division/rank/top 250.

in PvP

Posted by: wwDefuser.2056

wwDefuser.2056

I see the follow Problems with the system:

1. Placement matches can be abused at the end of the season to get a Top 250 Placement
  2. Players regardless how good they are shouldnt start above 1900 Rating or lets say 1800, so the 1. Problem shouldnt occour
  3. Duo-que is still imbalance in SoloQ-System caused by High mobility influence and class synergize of the game ( Mesmer portal, cc-chain, communication, invisstacking,…) which is not accessible by regular players
  4. The Rating gain is fail. There is no bonus on a win- streak or any penalty on a loss- streak
  5. The variaty in rating gain or loss should be adjusted on each player of the team : gain the most rating when u have the lowest mmr of your team and lose the most rating when u have the highest mmr – same teamwise and maybe also ad a DuoQ-factor
    I know this system from Warcraft 3 and for me it worked pretty well in 4n4 random que where i was matched with lvl 30 players, when i was still lvl 12 but got a 70% win ratio or win-streak.
    The goal is to get people faster where they belong to.
  6. At the moment i feel that there is a big skill- difference in my matches. i get some people who simply destroy me when i dont press the right buttons within 1 millisecond and those people who afk on a node and wait until the game is lost or just head towards 5 people to die instantly.
  7. Positive fact is that everyone can reach the bonus-chest, but that carotte stops its job when u got the last chest and the maximum of ascended shards.

keep improving it during the season … pls Anet

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

The records of the people at the top of the leaderboard show how poorly the matching is. I remeber the old solo queue once they got rid of synch queuing the top players were only about to win about 55- 60% of there games. Being able to do duo sometimes is not going to bring that up to 80-90%. The matchamking is still kitten and sometimes very luck dependent. We need a hard MMR reset and a month of qualifying rating of solo and duo only.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

The records of the people at the top of the leaderboard show how poorly the matching is. I remeber the old solo queue once they got rid of synch queuing the top players were only about to win about 55- 60% of there games. Being able to do duo sometimes is not going to bring that up to 80-90%. The matchamking is still kitten and sometimes very luck dependent. We need a hard MMR reset and a month of qualifying rating of solo and duo only.

^^^ right here,

I can slightly remember the players in my first big solo que game. There was celtus who got to a number 1 ranked, zoose when he was still playing d/d, tarcis and phanta and 2 were on 1 side and 2 on the other.

Look at all the 50-10 and 55-20 records.

Match making and duo ques/ class balance and build diversity all still need looked at.