PvP season queue changes

PvP season queue changes

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

So ive had this idea since before S5 started (when solo/duoq) was announced), and after playing over 100 games yeah i know im a casual…..anyway

Remember the days where there was a soloq and teamq, yeh good times…

What if during a PvP season, there is NO unranked queues and instead you have SoloQ for 1st and TeamQ for the 2nd. PvP population may have increased but i am sure its still not that great, and dividing players in ranked and unranked only makes the population size smaller. Yes i know some will get kittened about it but if people really want to practice there rotations there is hot joins for that.

My point is some people want to TeamQ in ranked but cant and felt left out, others almost always have no friends online to pvp with and SoloQ 90% of their matches like myself, obviously being in a team and in coms helps wins games, DuoQ though not always, still has significant advantages over SoloQ…..top tier PvPers in NA and EU almost never soloq as it is considered rating suicide aka ripmypips.

Casuals like myself who play dozens and hundreds of games every season from S1 to now for the fun of it and maybe some rewards here and there, dont ever dream of becoming top but obviously try to improve our game every season just want soloq back atleast during PvP seasons.

In between seasons you can bring back unranked and ranked queues and introduce new PvP maps in unranked to give casuals a reason to pvp, while ranked stays for people trying to play competitive in between seasons(obv solo and teamq on same queue).

TL’DR: during PvP season (NO unranked qs) the 2 queues are Solo ranked q and Team ranked q. Off season: the 2 queues are unranked(new pvp maps)and ranked(solo/team mix)

Ideas? Comments?

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

PvP season queue changes

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Some people don’t like ranked PvP but still like to play PvP. What happens to them in this situation?

PvP season queue changes

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

You cant win them all. For season 5 the 3-5 man team queues got shafted and soloq has been dead for 2 yrs now, but those types of people have been ok thus far, a little change keeps the game alive and give solo queuers and bringing back team q in ranked should have there fun and atleast given a shot next season, after the season if it doesnt work out for majority of the population you can always revert back. But you have to give it a shot, some people have been left out for years and needs to have their time to shine.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

PvP season queue changes

in PvP

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Some people don’t like ranked PvP but still like to play PvP. What happens to them in this situation?

They’ll get yelled at by other ranked PvP players to go unranked
Oh, wait…

PvP season queue changes

in PvP

Posted by: LucyFurr.6589

LucyFurr.6589

TL’DR: during PvP season (NO unranked qs) the 2 queues are Solo ranked q and Team ranked q. Off season: the 2 queues are unranked(new pvp maps)and ranked(solo/team mix)

Ideas? Comments?

I kinda agree with OP’s idea . I feel that the pvp population got bigger due to changes for season 5, and rewards have gotten better attracting attention to (mostly)PvE and WvW players which is good for the game. New blood keeps the game alive after all.

I also would like to get SoloQ back, alot of top esports games have soloq and there is a reason for that. Yes, having team queue promotes teamwork, but also it allows things like the recent match manipulation by some top tier players which is very sad. Having both a legitimate SoloQ and TeamQ fixes a few holes that has been in place since season 1. Some only play by themselves and always get the short end of the stick by going against premades in teamspeak and such, yet still they continue to play for the love of the game. Others got smacked in the face with the announcement of no team queue for season 5(only Solo/DuoQ).

DuoQ still gives an edge over SoloQ players and I have seen it countless times with 1 or 2 DuoQ’s in easily makes the match lopsided with their rotation. Their is also the match manipulation thread…which i dont want to go any further.

Their will always be exploits that people will use to get an edge over others, and i am happy that Anet addressed it and will keep doing so for the betterment of the game. But i also hope they bring back SoloQ and TeamQ as separate queues for season 6. Removing unranked during the season makes sense to me as well as it should increase the pool of players queue-ing for ranked matches(win or lose. It’s really annoying when you get the same people 3 games in a row-only shows that there are not enough people playing)

After the season is over it is always nice to wind down and enjoy a new PvP map in unranked and relax, as well as keeping a separate ranked queue for the people who want to keep practicing and stay in the competitive scene. It just works out for the majority i’d think but what do i know, lol.

PvP season queue changes

in PvP

Posted by: Granada Garuda.8391

Granada Garuda.8391

Hot Joins! there is always a live 1v1 map going on 24/7, you can practice your rotations and knowledge of the map against friends there as well. I still use hot joins during the season in between or after queues to sharpen my skills and practice class matchups with friends to better ourselves be more prepared for ranked games.

Their are daily maps as well for people who only want to go to pvp to finish their dailys and i see them always used. In my opinion knowing your class, knowing which matchups favor you and which ones that don’t, and knowing the map and their unique objectives….all these you can practice in hot joins. Map awareness is something that you learn as you keep playing more games, but everything else (~in my opinion) you can prepare for in hot joins and bypass unranked and go straight to ranked games.

(edited by Granada Garuda.8391)

PvP season queue changes

in PvP

Posted by: Granada Garuda.8391

Granada Garuda.8391

They’ll get yelled at by other ranked PvP players to go unranked
Oh, wait…

Their are salty players in unranked as well, people will always vent their frustration and blame others. I know a bunchof players who have had hundreds of unranked games only to still be in bronze and silver. But you can’t stop people from playing the way they want. So telling off people to go unranked instead doesn’t solve anything.