PvP solo at the lowest point

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Honestly I have been queing up less and less lately…

Today, the first freaking match I play and I get the following:

• Guy notorious for AFK-ing
  • Premade in the enemy team (dunno how many, the majority was(
  • People camping points as if it was 2012 again

Pair this with the fact that the incentives have had 0 improvements (not talking about reward tracks, but actual incentives to git gud) and you get someone like me who is generally displeased with the current system

It is like a rude awakening as to why I que up less and less each and every time I try… with a big emphasis on try

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

PvP is terrible. I don’t know why some people still bother.

My first match today got hit by the stellar matchmaking, so we ended up losing.

We won the second match but I almost flipped the table. The amount of CC coming from the enemy team was absurd. I literally spent more than half the match just trying to get to my enemies. Funny thing is that all that CC amounted to nothing but frustration as they still lost due to lack of damage.

Did I also mention that it was a complete clusterkitten that made no sense? Because it was a complete clusterkitten that made no sense.

What I absolutely hate though, is that winning or losing never feels like a direct consequence of your actions. We won because the points ticked all the way to 500 and not as a result of taking the key objective. Just like the combat itself, the actual winning/losing has a passive component that trumps everything else.

Honestly, I really want to know if there are people who actually enjoy this crap, and if so why?

in PvP

Posted by: russia.9057

russia.9057

Maybe winning or losing wasn’t a direct results of YOUR actions but they were a result of someone’s actions.

There is a strategy and a methodology to the rotations of point capping and if you don’t get it that’s kinda on you to figure out. There’s a lot more nuance involved in PVP than running head first into mid over and over again.

Soviet
www.twitch.tv/sovietgw2

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

I didn’t take the key objective, the game counted to a number and made me win. Feels unrewarding and boring.

(edited by Spirigo.2897)

in PvP

Posted by: Kyle.9523

Kyle.9523

There’s a lot more nuance involved in PVP than running head first into mid over and over again.

I will bet money spirigo.2897 does this

#1 Ego NA

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

MMR reset?

I get matched up with the weirdest players

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

MMR reset?

No, that is actually normal for weekends…

Which is even more ballin’ that I started to accept it

Sorel forced me back :<

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

What I absolutely hate though, is that winning or losing never feels like a direct consequence of your actions. We won because the points ticked all the way to 500 and not as a result of taking the key objective. Just like the combat itself, the actual winning/losing has a passive component that trumps everything else.

Honestly, I really want to know if there are people who actually enjoy this crap, and if so why?

This is why deathmatch is always a larger draw in PvP MMOs, you have a team you kill the other team or they kill you. Simple concept, but makes for some outstanding gameplay and fun, great meta development team builds that are true team builds players skill level advancement.

There is a reason GvG draw nearly as many views as the highly advertised official conquest ‘pvp’.

10 v 10 to 25 v 25 is not for everyone… but there are a ton of people that would love some offical 3v3 5v5 and casual 2v2. WvW folks have been doing it since the game came out.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

MMR reset?

Lol sorry bro, but your thread is older than my remark on the twitch chat. Not taking responsibility for that.

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

There’s a lot more nuance involved in PVP than running head first into mid over and over again.

Oh yeah, that illusive “nuance” that gets mentioned a lot but is never explained.

Let me guess, one guy goes to close.

Woo such strategies!

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Oh yeah, that illusive “nuance” that gets mentioned a lot but is never explained.

Woo such strategies!

http://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/v/4761630

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Woo such strategies!

Sorry but no. I love watching videos like these for some of the other games I play, such as Doto, LoL or CS but here it’s just 1 of 5 total members of GW2 pro scene (or was it 11?) showing us some skill spam. The first 3 minutes of this video show all that is wrong with PvP.

Abusing stealth – check.
Irrelevance of major skills, hence why skill spam is enough – check.
The outcome of the match decided by a passive element – check.
Match decided by the first minute – check.

Yep, PvP here is deep… In kitten.

in PvP

Kyle.9523

Woo such strategies!

Sorry but no. I love watching videos like these for some of the other games I play, such as Doto, LoL or CS but here it’s just 1 of 5 total members of GW2 pro scene (or was it 11?) showing us some skill spam. The first 3 minutes of this video show all that is wrong with PvP.

Abusing stealth – check.

Refuses to learn how to play the PvP game type – check.
Sucks at PvP as a result and complains on the forums – check.

I get that people have gotten bored of conquest, but its been the game type that PvP has been centered around since launch. If you are bad at it you only have yourself to blame.

#1 Ego NA

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Woo such strategies!

Abusing stealth – check.

I get that people have gotten bored of conquest, but its been the game type that PvP has been centered around since launch. If you are bad at it you only have yourself to blame.

Making random assumptions about the user he doesn’t agree with but can’t argue against because mad and fanboy – check.

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

MMR reset?

Lol sorry bro, but your thread is older than my remark on the twitch chat. Not taking responsibility for that.

But I was avoiding it now :O

in PvP

Kyle.9523

Woo such strategies!

Abusing stealth – check.

Making random assumptions about the user he doesn’t agree with but can’t argue against because mad and fanboy – check.

I’m not making assumptions, I’m going based off of what you said in the posts above. You know, the one I quoted. Where instead of taking something and learning from the video you just point out all the “flaws” you find in pvp. This shows me that you don’t want to learn, you just want to complain. Like a child. Got anymore emotional arguments you would like to make?

#1 Ego NA

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

On weekends soloq is becoming a disaster. Many games where a guy decides to afk because the team is losing, not even top players do this. These guys are abviously not real pvpers but pvers who get frustrated too easily and give up. Real pvpers know how to get over the frustration and over come it. Also there are some games where you say where the kitten is everyone and guess what they are wondering doing their own thing.

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Woo such strategies!

Abusing stealth – check.

I’m not making assumptions, I’m going based off of what you said in the posts above. You know, the one I quoted. Where instead of taking something and learning from the video you just point out all the “flaws” you find in pvp. This shows me that you don’t want to learn, you just want to complain. Like a child. Got anymore emotional arguments you would like to make?

You replied with that video to my post about PvP being shallow. I saw the very same boring and broken mechanics that I do playing ranked every day.

“Oopsie, I missed Moa! Nvm it worked out anyways.”

Great. Am I supposed to be in awe atm? Because the guy just missed a game changing ultimate at an important moment in the match and suffered no consequence. Today, I watched VP vs BU Dota2 match where an ultimate got countered during end game and decided the outcome of the match. How? With one of a kind 0.1s play in response to almost nonexistent cast animation.

The point being that your cooldowns have so little value in this game that everything boils down to skill spam.

Supposedly this video was going to show me that GW2 PvP has some amazing depth to it, but the guy’s explanation ultimately boiled down to maintaining the advantage with individual micro skills. Well tyvm I know that already, in fact in another thread I wrote that in terms of complexity GW2 PvP stops with your character.

For some reason you think that anyone who doesn’t like conquest is bad at it. That’s a terrible mindset to have. In actuality it’s a question of it being so boring and anti-fun that many players lose interest. The combat is there, but the balance and the actual maps aren’t.

Basically, if this was supposed to impress me and motivate me to give this crap another go, well, I’m still not impressed.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Woo such strategies!

Abusing stealth – check.

You asked about strategy, I offered you to learn and get good. You are free to do whatever you want with the help provided.

I am not going to discuss your opinion on stealth, but about major skills, I think you missed the very relevant Portal plays (which is, you may hav noticed, a skill). I didn’t really see the passive element: I am pretty sure that TCG won these games because of their superior strategic play. And the first game is a demonstration on how to overcome a very bad first minute and finally win the game. So your analysis is a bit partial, to say the least.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Woo such strategies!

Abusing stealth – check.

You replied with that video to my post about PvP being shallow. I saw the very same boring and broken mechanics that I do playing ranked every day.

“Oopsie, I missed Moa! Nvm it worked out anyways.”

He said himself that it worked because the elementalist did a big mistake himself (by not lightning flashing away/pop armor of earth immediately, because of slow reflexes). But the real “elite” skill of the mesmer is the Portal, which is really game changing in the games shown.

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Woo such strategies!

Abusing stealth – check.

You asked about strategy, I offered you to learn and get good. You are free to do whatever you want with the help provided.

I am not going to discuss your opinion on stealth, but about major skills, I think you missed the very relevant Portal plays (which is, you may hav noticed, a skill). I didn’t really see the passive element: I am pretty sure that TCG won these games because of their superior strategic play. And the first game is a demonstration on how to overcome a very bad first minute and finally win the game. So your analysis is a bit partial, to say the least.

I didn’t ask you for help because I don’t need any. I asked for proof that GW2 has depth compared to certain other games. You didn’t give me any proof, just a video that further convinced me that GW2 PvP is a joke.

The players that like to play conquest can continue for all I care, but the fact that those players are so few reassures me that I’m right in not bothering with arenas beyond dailies.

Face it, GW2 failed to become an esports game. It’s just casual past time for those of us who like to run around the node while pressing all the buttons as well as a handful of people who take it a little further.

Oh wait, am I supposed to start worshipping this kitten because someone got saved with a portal? lol nope.

(edited by Spirigo.2897)

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Oh wait, am I supposed to start worshipping this kitten because someone got saved with a portal? lol nope.

I think you got the wrong impression. I don’t want YOU to think or do anything. You posted on this forum with an unclear idea of conquest strategies. You seemed to be under the impression that a good strategy was to repeatedly go to mid, with one team member capping close. Eager to help, I suggested you watched Helseth’s videos to see that other strategies are possible. There is no need to get all defensive about it: it’s not about you. I would have done the same for anyone.

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

I think you got the wrong impression. I don’t want YOU to think or do anything. You posted on this forum with an unclear idea of conquest strategies. You seemed to be under the impression that a good strategy was to repeatedly go to mid, with one team member capping close. Eager to help, I suggested you watched Helseth’s videos to see that other strategies are possible. There is no need to get all defensive about it: it’s not about you. I would have done the same for anyone.

I never posted anything about repeatedly going mid. What I raised in this thread is that the matches rarely feel enjoyable as well as that I don’t feel like the win or the loss is a direct consequence of my actions because even the outcome of the match is decided by a passive element.

I’m used to mobas and how the old GW was. You win by killing a guild lord, wipe the enemy team or destroy a building. It’s a consequence of your action, not a result of the game counting to 500. A clear, simple objective like that can make the match much more satisfying as well as giving a solid foundation to build complexity on.

So where did I argue that going mid was a good strategy?

(edited by Spirigo.2897)

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Woo such strategies!

Here?

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

It seems like anet doesn’t want people to play pvp competitively. In fact any form of competitiveness in this game dies, whether it is pve dungeon/fractal speedrunning, pvp competitive environment, or wvw server pride. This game is meant for casual players, so if that is anet’s intention, I believe they are doing the best job driving out filthy competitive players and bringing happy farmers into all game modes.

Let’s face it. Only players anet want their games played for is those who auto attack random mobs/people, buy gem store item, and praise anet for anything they do. Anyone who wants to try his/her best is simply a waste of server space. Just wait and play or quit and wait until something better comes along.

Tour

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

Woo such strategies!

Here?

How is that claiming that rushing mid is a good strategy? People kept mentioning that “nuance” thing. As if there is some hidden depth that can only be seen at top level play. So I asked and got shown a video where everything is the same as in a typical ranked game lol, with better micro obviously.

in PvP

Kyle.9523

This argument is pointless. Spirigo.2897 just changes his argument every time we point out a flaw in what he says. Just let it die.

#1 Ego NA

in PvP

Spirigo.2897

No you just have to learn to read.

(edited by Spirigo.2897)