PvP sucks atm here s why

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

I totally agree with you, especially with the point on passives. Those skills that automatically pop saving your butt or dealing massive damage without pushing any buttons are a joke, in any pvp.

Another thing are invulnerabilities- this shouldn’t exist in pvp. I play warrior and I sometimes laugh, so much because people cannot harm me and I am hitting them with everything I have.

But hey, good news, ANet is fixing spvp: you can get the ascension backpack/wings skin…

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: maxm.7540

maxm.7540

You guys always complain.
1° problem was the teams (because you are not able to form a team in a MMORP and you have no desire to learn teamwork)
2 ° the problem is that you happen in your team people who do not know how to play or want kidding (you’ve wanted this system and now you are with the people of your rank)
3 ° too many people of PvE in the PvP (the thing was done to get more people to pvp … at least I think)
AND NOW NUMBER 4…

4° double pro league (double pro league Duo ???? WTF is “double pro league Duo”? XD)
I only think it is all these people who voted “Yes” to have this kind of queue did so only because they thought they go in ranked , win easy and become legendary … but … well wake up !!! Good morning!!
Now you see how PvP really is and that they were not the teams to make you lose, but yourself.
If you want to win easy … remember that: there is always PvE.

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

- matchmaking is still broken, 5 random pugs solo Qing going vs double pro league Duo and still losing -20 , or getting 1600 MMR players in my game when I was1850+ makes no sense, fast Q times make matchmaking a lot worse

Population of the game is not high enough. With such a small sample size this is bound to happen no matter what.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

- matchmaking is still broken, 5 random pugs solo Qing going vs double pro league Duo and still losing -20 , or getting 1600 MMR players in my game when I was1850+ makes no sense, fast Q times make matchmaking a lot worse

Population of the game is not high enough. With such a small sample size this is bound to happen no matter what.

The double duo could be split in both teams….

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

At the moment they need to go full soloq (not sure why they left duo in) and not stack classes when choosing match ups.

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

The double duo could be split in both teams….

This. One of my games today was vs a duo with the #23 player and another duo with the #24 player. Surely you could’ve bloody split them up for a closer game? But no. Only lost like 8 or 9 but meh crummy matchmaker.

I’ve also had games in NA prime where I lost -6 or -8 which meant I was totally outstacked by the other side, prime time like 2 hours after reset shouldn’t be happening tbh.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Ivakis Solo.4807

Ivakis Solo.4807

Duo Q can be fixed using the system World Of Tanks is using – if one team has 1 Platoon (pre-made group of max 3 players) the other team must have the same number of Platoons. Max is 4 platoons per team, the team is made of 15 ppl so you are guaranteed to have at least 3 solo Q players per team. So if there are 2 Duo Q’s it should never put them in one team, they should be 1 in the first team and other in the second.

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Translation:

They nerfed my broken rev class so I’m bored now

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

I’ve had a great time. The balance is kinda still dumb atm but at least every class has a viable build. And the balance is way better than this past year

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

- rating system punishes u for playing because u lose more rating than u win therefore forcing people to play on their alts and troll or do whatever else to not risk their rating

- faceroll classes with a lot of passives like guardian/ranger makes PvP unfun especially when stacked, low skill high reward builds in general ruin PvP because it feels like I’m getting outplayed by passives and not by the player

- no incentive to play anyway, u can have a couple of good games at the peak of prime time for like 2-3 hours then its who ever has the worst pugs loses

- duo Qing still makes the system very exploitable and not really skillbased compared to a pure solo Q

Idk theres probably more stuff that I cant think off right now but I stopped caring. I ve been playing compeltly random useless builds and stopped caring about the ladder even tho ive been top 30 before solo Q only. Its just not worth playing anymore for me at least I’m bored of my f….. mind. Probably gonna quit the game till season 6 and see if they fixed some of the issues.

You loved this system a couple of weeks ago so this is pretty rich. Imo, they need to have a hard MMR reset ,have a longer placement pre-season, have matchmaking that does a better job of reducing class stacking, have matchmaking that does not expand past about 150 rating difference in MMR ever regardless of queue times, and rating needs to decay faster and require a decent ammount of games weekly to protect a high rating to prevent people playing as few as games possible to try to protect there ranking. I could tell from day 1 this system sucked just by the fact people were posting 80%+ win rates in platinum and legendary and people were getting to the top of the leaderboard with a ludicrous small amount of games played. /Fail. Its also pathetic that no pvp devs have come here to give there opinions on how they think things have gone so far and what if anything they are thinking about doing to improve things going forward. PVP in this game is one of the biggest shell games I have ever seen in a MMORPG. All they do is periodically move the deck chairs around on the titanic with out things ever improving more then marginally.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

- rating system punishes u for playing because u lose more rating than u win therefore forcing people to play on their alts and troll or do whatever else to not risk their rating

The rating system does that if your MMR is higher than your skill level. When you finally drop your MMR down to reflect your abilities you will start to see equal values for wins and losses, and then as your skill improves you will see larger gains and smaller losses.

(This is, in fact, the way that your MMR corrects over time – it’s the constantly adjusted guess about how good your skill is compared to everyone else playing the game.)

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

No. This is simply what everyone voted for.

Everyone voted to kill premades, blaming them for their losses despite the facts that premades don’t win significantly more than average (because matchmaking accounts for that by increasing a premade’s rating level for each additional player). Now they get to deal with kittenty teammates and realize that the only way to semi deal with a pro-league duo on the other side was to have a full 5 man premade coordinating on TS.

Except instead of recognizing that, they’re going to start claiming that duos are unfair and we should have pure solo queue.

And then when we have pure solo queue and everyone with half a brain leaves because a 100% pure solo queue game is pointless and population dies even more, idk what they’ll blame next. Probably go back to raging about matchmaking.

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Well also a game that has its pve aoe spam into its pvp, that cant be a good thing.

Vicky.4563, people voted with what they belived was wrong and probably they were right, but the real issue is Anet never cared to change the gamemode that much same that happened with WvW, game is about farm titles and pvp is no diferent that is why leagues and ranks dotn work and are not ment to work like other pvp games…

Its a game for every one, even bad players..every one can be efective to a extent.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Well also a game that has its pve aoe spam into its pvp, that cant be a good thing.

Vicky.4563, people voted with what they belived was wrong and probably they were right, but the real issue is Anet never cared to change the gamemode that much same that happened with WvW, game is about farm titles and pvp is no diferent that is why leagues and ranks dotn work and are not ment to work like other pvp games…

Its a game for every one, even bad players..every one can be efective to a extent.

There is nothing wrong with conquest, before HOT im pretty sure most of us would agree that it gave way more then a moba/king of the hill since play styles mattered.

Why is PvP the way it is?

Match making and build diversity. Nothing has changed, people (alot of the same people) keep writing new threads about whats OP and whats not right and blah blah blah.

Hot came out and killed the GW2 PvP scene growth, add that Anet has thrown together these 1/2 patches leagues and then taking the communitys vote for a team game. When most of the community is bad and full of excuses.

In previous seasons my guild team beat other teams that had 1/2 ESL players on it because we had 3-4 players with coordinated builds and rotations. Now we have solo duo que and now the same people are struggling except now they cant play with friends and are making even small excuses.

I will agree that the PvP effects have gone insane.

Anet still not addressed issues that are most important. Build diversity creates fun, you need that. Build diversity creates different team comps, we need that.

Conquest is a great style of game play, Anet needs to address the things i mentioned earlier and they need to address the fact they have came out with no new maps worth playing in ranked in nearly 5 years.

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

im not talking about conquest im talking the skill design that was ported from pve to pvp.
I was talking how this game was designed to carry its players, like does in pve with all the easy spammable aoe/cleave, its ugly to observe the matches.

Yeah build diversity is obsolete, and was never a strong point in gw2(i believe gw2 was never ment to have build diversity), we see that alot in WvW but all players at the end turn to change to the same optimal build but that is what gw2 is good for, sadly a bad players can look good using a gimmick damage build with its opotunity to kill.

Gw1 would not forgive bad players even if they had a gimmick build, on the GvG u had to had some know how of the game, in gw2 u dont… all need to know is press butons this orders to make damage.

Conquest would be good, if class balance was something decent on this game, some classes excell more than others..some way to much.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If they remove class stacking then Guardians will have to wait in queue for hours as they completely outnumber other classes…

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

Xillllix.3485, or Anet could reduce the ammount of aoe/cleave skills the game. (that migh be what gives the imbalance on class stacking in several gamemodes as well).

And probably woudl reduce the lag on wvw as well….. -.-" so much calc being done server side, across all splash damage cleave/aoe condi ticks..

Traps triggers the first players that got inside, more single targeted game instead what we have now, players would need to know wich target they would atack and not press a skill in hope they will get every one in there.
When i talk about traps its not traps only, i feel really carried away when i used a DH trapper…. (reason i hate so much this new spec)

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

If they remove class stacking then Guardians will have to wait in queue for hours as they completely outnumber other classes…

3 hour Q times cuz every1 is a guard yea

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’d personally like to see guardians and dh have to wait. Maybe there’d be fewer of them.

The matchmaking was so good early on. I’m disappointed that match quality has deteriorated.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It has to do this, otherwise it becomes a grind where the top rated people just played more. This would suck. Quit moaning about this, it shows a lack of intelligence.
Yes there is some bug in the system that means sometimes one team gets all the 5 most highest rated players
- faceroll classes with a lot of passives like guardian/ranger makes PvP unfun especially when stacked, low skill high reward builds in general ruin PvP because it feels like I’m getting outplayed by passives and not by the player
yes
- no incentive to play anyway, u can have a couple of good games at the peak of prime time for like 2-3 hours then its who ever has the worst pugs loses
what a fail comment

- duo Qing still makes the system very exploitable and not really skillbased compared to a pure solo Q
Yes of course. It should be pure solo queue honestly

Idk theres probably more stuff that I cant think off right now but I stopped caring. I ve been playing compeltly random useless builds and stopped caring about the ladder even tho ive been top 30 before solo Q only. Its just not worth playing anymore for me at least I’m bored of my f….. mind. Probably gonna quit the game till season 6 and see if they fixed some of the issues.

My thoughts in bold

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

Yea look at me everyone, I relied on confusion and moa, the most broken spell in the game, to carry teams. Therefore I proved that ELO hell doesn’t exist. I mean, I could totally do it again on any of your builds, but I’d rather just stick with using by far the easiest class and build in the game despite losing easily to players of my own caliber. Sure, I’m over confident, but not as much as I am over rated.

/s

Let’s lay it out for you:

1) uses the easiest class “muh clones” “muh spells” “muh portals” “muh quick cd’s”
2) relies on the most broken skill in the game: moa, to serve any sort of use.
3) relies on confusion, the easiest condi
4) ??
5) Is somehow very skilled for making it to plat from novice level mmr.

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0

PvP sucks atm here s why

in PvP

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

Smurfs will always exist. Partially due to still wanting to play without risking their top ratings due to a bad team or losing streaks or any other variable, partially due to que times. Point being, they will always exist in every competitive game mode ever where ranking is involved. As far as rating is concerned, I’m in gold and I win a lot more rating than I lose, or the amounts are roughly equal. But really, what do you expect? To win one-lose one and still climb? You only need to maintain roughly kitten w/l rating to climb. Albeit slowly. If you’re not climbing quick enough then you have only yourself to blame.

I’ve noticed matchmaking this season has been far better than previous seasons. If you’re experiencing such a huge discrepancy in ratings then you may be playing in off-times where there’s an even smaller pool of players to match you with/against. Personally I’m willing to bet there’s a healthy amount of exaggerating here. But furthermore, this game uses a variant of Glicko2. Ratings work by giving you more points when beating a team with a higher combined rating, and losing less points if you lose against them. If you’re losing a lot of points for a loss, then odds are your team was higher rated than them.

Class stacking is an issue that most of us have complained about, so I’ll agree with you to that end. However it’s not hard to outplay those passives when you take the time to learn them. If you’re struggling against a class, it helps to play that class for a few games (at least 10) and learn their strengths/weaknesses. It’s also worth noting that some classes/builds are just going to beat others. If you go charging into a point defended by a DH as a thief, you’re probably going to have a bad time.

Plenty of incentive between the rewards and the rank, whichever you are aiming for. I don’t really know the point of this claim. It’s pretty obvious that whichever team has the less-skilled players will lose. This isn’t news.

Still better than it was with full 5 mans. I’ve found that the duo-que system can still occasionally leave teams at a disadvantage when the duo-quers are attached at the hip and rotating poorly. I’d be more than willing to bet that your average duo que are just a couple of people found in map chat who decided to que together thinking it gives them better odds of success, when really it doesn’t make that much of a difference at all.

So, basically you hit legend in previous seasons but now you can’t because backwards progression is a thing? And now you’re playing useless/troll builds because you can’t farm for a title? Sorry but the scene is probably better off without you ruining games for people. Good riddance.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior