PvP talk in AMA

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

I look at the whole Reddit AMA, and only found two things about PvP. They’re working on changes to group PvP and auto tournaments. I have many questions.

1 – Does that mean solo PvP is going away?

2 – What is an auto tournament?

3 – Because they’re talking about changes, but probably not close to being done, does that mean next season Ranked PvP will be just as bad or worse as this season?

4 – Only one Anet person talked, Ben. So is he the only person working on PvP?

5 – PvP balance is just sigil update?

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Auto tournament is short for “automated tournament” basically periodic tournaments that are set up by the game itself. It does not mean that solo queue is going away but it does mean that people who like 5s will have a thing.

The Reddit AMA is largely voluntary on the devs part. Devs are not required to participate in the AMA. Ben was the only one speaking because he was the one that was feeling talkative today, it does not mean that he is the only dev.

I have no idea how you are deriving points 3 & 5 from what was said.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

@OP Your jumping to some big conclusions here. And letting your own bias color your post someone from the looks of it

Ghost Yak

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Regarding 3 and 5

3 – They said they’re working on changes, but can reveal anything yet. But because that takes time, I’m assuming noting will be done before the next season. The current season that ended was horrible for matchmaking solo teams. Next season could improve with some of the many suggestions from this forum.

5 – Sigil update is the only balance that they said they’ve been working on. No mention of actual skill balances, so the meta will continue.

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Regarding 3 and 5

3 – They said they’re working on changes, but can reveal anything yet. But because that takes time, I’m assuming noting will be done before the next season. The current season that ended was horrible for matchmaking solo teams. Next season could improve with some of the many suggestions from this forum.

5 – Sigil update is the only balance that they said they’ve been working on. No mention of actual skill balances, so the meta will continue.

Those are both presumptions on your part, and aren’t related to what was said.

When they say they are working on something but can’t reveal it, it means exactly what they said. They are working on it. No bearing on how close it is to release.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Knowing Anet in the past, they are working on multiple projects. It’s just a shame that these projects takes a year to complete. Some projects they were working on for the past 2 seasons and it has yet to be released. The time frame on projects have been this way since Launch. It’s just the downside of a F2P game.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I look at the whole Reddit AMA, and only found two things about PvP. They’re working on changes to group PvP and auto tournaments. I have many questions.

1 – Does that mean solo PvP is going away?

2 – What is an auto tournament?

3 – Because they’re talking about changes, but probably not close to being done, does that mean next season Ranked PvP will be just as bad or worse as this season?

4 – Only one Anet person talked, Ben. So is he the only person working on PvP?

5 – PvP balance is just sigil update?

2- Auto-tourney at release was about doing 5 man vs 5 man in a 2 best of 3 format. Each round, each winners take out each other until the last round. Rewards where nice skins only obtainable through that mean.

I wish auto-tourney could setup a guild leaderboard. I wish many teams could compete for one guild and the guilds have a rating. Those guilds ratings could give temporary title to reflect the rating of your guild.

This would open up a GUILD WARS. Put AA, titles and skins for this and … probably Team PVP would rise AGAIN.

3- I am not sure I would say bads… I prefer to think they didn’t work iteratively and delete too much stuff to really give a chance to ameliorate their system. Too much rewrite with such a long time span put the game or the system in some perpetual state of beta. The system should be good, fun and work for long term build up of new fun things on it… not a deletion over deletion of good ideas that just need more love in polishing and implementing.

5- PVP balanced will get some kind of re-shake with next expac anyway.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

There was this epic place in GW1 that beats all of gw2 PvP and that was Heroe’s Ascent. It was a non stop random tournament that make you want to pvp and get better. Now adays pvp is non competitive and just there for some fun.
GW2 needs a new hero’s Ascent to revive life into pvp.

Heroes Ascent:

Heroes’ Ascent, also known as HA, is a continuous global tournament between teams of 8 players from all over the world. Teams compete in several arenas in sequence before finally meeting in the Hall of Heroes, where they may win valuable loot. Every victory in the Heroes’ Ascent (except the Elite Zaishen Battle) awards fame to the victorious team, which progresses their Hero title track.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

There was this epic place in GW1 that beats all of gw2 PvP and that was Heroe’s Ascent. It was a non stop random tournament that make you want to pvp and get better. Now adays pvp is non competitive and just there for some fun.
GW2 needs a new hero’s Ascent to revive life into pvp.

Indeed. I am personnaly not a huge fan of having tournaments outside of the game, and i prefer having automated tournaments directly implemented in-game.

PvP talk in AMA

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Here’s the direct ANet Quote:

We are working on a solution to further support competitive modes within the game. We do like the idea of Guild Wars 1’s Automated Tournaments and are drawing inspiration from that. We’ll have more on this as we get closer to releasing any changes or additions.

So if true, then yes, they should operate similar to the way GW1 tournaments operated, which were constantly occurring and would lead up to a world champ. The world champs then had their own board in the mists listing the winners. Which is pretty neat, placing your name within the game.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.