in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

PvPer's thoughts on the new blogs

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

I love it. Only thing i’m not looking forward to is legendary’s being used in sPvP by PvE and WvW players.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Not only that. Looks like I now have to use transmutation charges to change my appearance -.-

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Generally I’m happy. The good:

1. All the PvP locker skins can now be used across all game modes, infinity times if desired.

2. All my alts will now have my cool dyes.

The bad:

1. We might have to buy transmutation charges to change our PvP appearance (unconfirmed atm). However this would be a way for Arenanet to monetize PvP at least.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

felivear.1536

1. All the PvP locker skins can now be used across all game modes, infinity times if desired.

The bad:

1. We might have to buy transmutation charges to change our PvP appearance (unconfirmed atm). However this would be a way for Arenanet to monetize PvP at least.

It seemed pretty confirmed to me. What do you mean by “unconfirmed”. Also, did you notice on the dye preview that it also seemed to be tied to transmutation stones? Are they charging gems to use dyes now too?

in PvP

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

Is this PvE only or does it also apply to PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I would hope the PvP lockers are turned into Wardrobes as well. If they try to monetize you changing skins in PvP… they’re going to kill off the playerbase even more.

Plus it’s going against their goal of trying to make PvP more rewarding. Charging me to change skins???? just no…

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Cynic.4805

Cynic.4805

I really like how whatever skin you have unlocked, as well as dyes, becomes account-wide. The system itself seems to be rather fluid and easy to use however, it does seem that they will nickel and dime us to death as usual.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The new finisher is good.

The best two are the wurm and the SAB finisher, but this is in the next tier below that itch the had ow assassin and vigil mega laser.

The new dyes, meh.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I really hope they don’t charge us while in sPvP to change skins or use different ones on different characters. This hopefully will only be a PvE thing.

in PvP

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Does that mean that in the future I would have to pay to change appearance in pvp, whereas now I have it for free? Seems like a change worthy all this waiting for new features.

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

double popped collars in WvW? My Ranger may be awful, but at least he’ll die in style!

The bad:

It seemed pretty confirmed to me. What do you mean by “unconfirmed”. Also, did you notice on the dye preview that it also seemed to be tied to transmutation stones? Are they charging gems to use dyes now too?

I think that was there simply because it’s the same screen for both equipping armor and dying it. If you look at the transmutation cost, it says 0.

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

It’s pretty much confirmed that it will cost transmutation charges (1 crystal, or 3 stones) to change your weapon skin, armor skin, or armor dye. Both from the blog post and watching the video included in the wardrobe blog post.

This will probably include PvP. The entire idea of a lot of these “unlock” type changes is to unify the game modes. This means that when we log in on April 15th, our PvP lockers will be immediately converted into this account vault.

Don’t forget, we’ll now be carrying the same look across all game modes.

So there you go, some gem store monetization for PvP. Good thing we’ve all been saving gold now, right?

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

i heard someone mentioned templates.

will there be ways in sPVP to “save the build” and “load” it later?

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I hope they don’t rly make pvp player pay for changing their pvp appearence.
That would almost be the death blow to pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Charging pvp players to change skins which was previously free = last nail in coffin

I will never ever buy something like a transmutation stone/charge from this gemshop. Something that should be free in a game about looks.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

We’ll see what the new pvp rewards system is.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

They better make transmutation charges (one per win) a reward for winning tPvP matches if this is as I expect it to be.

in PvP

felivear.1536

They better make transmutation charges (one per win) a reward for winning tPvP matches if this is as I expect it to be.

So, I think this would be nice, but it seems like a pipe dream. If you add all of the past changes up, they have been DYING to monetize the floundering SPVP population, but have failed, (example being paid tournaments, custom arenas, etc).

I believe (pure speculation) that we’ll have opportunities to unlock more gear, but to wear it we’ll need to use these transmutation items, which I again speculate will be bought with gems.

It looks great on paper, just like paid tournaments and custom arena did, but I believe they are in for a rude awakening.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Does this mean we should pull all our skins out of the pvp locker and store them in bank tabs and bags so that they don’t auto convert into skins we have to pay for if we want to wear them?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynic.4805

Cynic.4805

Another thing I’m wondering is which armor set is the one we keep when the next patch hits. Will we be in our pvp set or our pve set and be required to xmute the pve set to our pvp skins we are currently wearing in the mists. kitten man and now we are all spending more money

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Cons: PvE ers will have the best looks when playing PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Can a dev confirm if we have to pay to change our pvp look? I can’t see myself getting behind that at all.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

So, I think this would be nice, but it seems like a pipe dream. If you add all of the past changes up, they have been DYING to monetize the floundering SPVP population, but have failed, (example being paid tournaments, custom arenas, etc).

I believe (pure speculation) that we’ll have opportunities to unlock more gear, but to wear it we’ll need to use these transmutation items, which I again speculate will be bought with gems.

It looks great on paper, just like paid tournaments and custom arena did, but I believe they are in for a rude awakening.

I wont spend money on a game where I feel like a cash cow, so their system wont work for me. I didnt buy any gems for real cash for some months now and have no plans to ever buy gems with real money again unless anet changes their cash grab attitude.

in PvP

Proven.2854

Does this mean we should pull all our skins out of the pvp locker and store them in bank tabs and bags so that they don’t auto convert into skins we have to pay for if we want to wear them?

Probably won’t work. Since PvP gear has no stats and they want to unify things they’ll probably all go straight into the account skin vault. There may be an argument with whatever gear you’re currently wearing in the Mists.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I wont spend money on a game where I feel like a cash cow, so their system wont work for me. I didnt buy any gems for real cash for some months now and have no plans to ever buy gems with real money again unless anet changes their cash grab attitude.

Their “cash grab” attitute is required to continue to support this game. They aren’t working for free. But as long as they do not add pay-to-win gem items, which would effectively make us all cash cows, and keep their monetization systems to cosmetic or convenient items only, then it’s fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Still waiting for confirmation of transmute cost to change gear appearance in pvp. But otherwise, great changes.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

haviz.1340

Their “cash grab” attitute is required to continue to support this game. They aren’t working for free. But as long as they do not add pay-to-win gem items, which would effectively make us all cash cows, and keep their monetization systems to cosmetic or convenient items only, then it’s fine.

Is it really fine if they monetize something that was free for 1.5 year?

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

I love it. Only thing i’m not looking forward to is legendary’s being used in sPvP by PvE and WvW players.

Bro, I can’t wait to shoot unicorns at scrubs in sPvP.

Cons: PvE ers will have the best looks when playing PvP.

Not necessarily, we have way more skins unlocked because of the existing pvp locker.

in PvP

Proven.2854

Is it really fine if they monetize something that was free for 1.5 year?

Was it really free? You still had to buy to play the game just like everyone else.

And coming from someone that played PvX, I never bought any transmutation stones or crystals and was fine enough.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Yes it was free.

Not to mentioned that everybody of us payed ~50 bucks for the game.
And I don’t have the feeling that very much of this money went into pvp developement.

in PvP

haviz.1340

Was it really free? You still had to buy to play the game just like everyone else.

And coming from someone that played PvX, I never bought any transmutation stones or crystals and was fine enough.

Was it not? I mean, I can swap skins in pvp with no gems involved.

in PvP

Cush.4063

I mean, as long as the skins I’ve already unlocked are free to use infinite times like they already are I’m fine with the new system but if they lock all my skins I’ve unlocked behind a wall that I have to pay cash to get them back I’ll probably be pretty aggravated.

in PvP

the sober ninja.6539

I mean, as long as the skins I’ve already unlocked are free to use infinite times like they already are I’m fine with the new system but if they lock all my skins I’ve unlocked behind a wall that I have to pay cash to get them back I’ll probably be pretty aggravated.

Expect to use the transmutation charges. We’re paying to use these skins in ALL areas of the game (whether you want to or not), and not just pvp. There’s pros and cons, I’m ok with it — we make enough gold in PvP now to not have it hurt us too much anyway.

in PvP

Cush.4063

Expect to use the transmutation charges. We’re paying to use these skins in ALL areas of the game (whether you want to or not), and not just pvp. There’s pros and cons, I’m ok with it — we make enough gold in PvP now to not have it hurt us too much anyway.

You really think they would charge us for all the skins we’ve already unlocked? Wouldn’t make sense when the devs were saying to unlock as many skins as possible before the patch. I mean every single time I put a new piece on a character in PvP I will get charged? That’s ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

You really think they would charge us for all the skins we’ve already unlocked? Wouldn’t make sense when the devs were saying to unlock as many skins as possible before the patch. I mean every single time I put a new piece on a character in PvP I will get charged? That’s ridiculous.

The only thing I can think of is maybe we are going to be able to convert Laurals to Transmutation Charges OR we win them in pvp some how (rank chests, tournaments, etc.)

As of right now I have 1000+ hours and only 4 transmutation crystals. Without paying gems I would either have to play Pve for map completion or get lucky on the daily (0.27% daily pve). Both are terrible options for pvp players.

in PvP

Proven.2854

Was it not? I mean, I can swap skins in pvp with no gems involved.

Ah, I misinterpreted the question as PvP being free rather than the PvP equipment.

I still see it as a net win because the PvP locker was an equipment locker rather than a skin locker. If you’re PvP only player then changing to a new piece of recently dropped equipment is still free so the payment mostly comes from going back to previous looks or twinking alts.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

I have my thoughts, but I’m going to hold them off for now. I’m very curious on what the PvPers that frequent this forum think.

It all depends on how often they drop in game. Glory boosters are a good example, but I would guess didn’t sell well.

The way I am understanding it the Stones are 3/3 charges needed for one item.
The Crystals are 1/1 charges needed for one item.

To me this could mean one match win would reward 1/3 charge. I could need three match wins to change one items look. But I could also exchange at the time of this posting ~75 gold for 800 gems which buys 25 1/1 charges. Or spend money for gems. If I buy gems I plan to spend it on something cool not as a necessity to change my appearance. Thus, these become a gold sink as a preventative measure from saving my gold to convert to gems to buy said cool thing as to encourage to buy gems.

I’m sure I’ll have them stockpiled, but the thought of having to manage my aesthetics from a financial standpoint is not fun for me.

in PvP

the sober ninja.6539

We have skins unlocked (where a lot of PvEers won’t) but we will still need to pay for transmutation charges to change our look. The way the wardrobe will work wont’ be split for PvE and PvP … its all one unified system.