PvPers should be the Richest Players.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Okay, lets think this through. I think PvPers should be the RICHEST players… Why? We’re like the football (Insert other sport here) players of Guild Wars 2. PVE players are like the daily workers. They can grind away their lives but we’re the real excitement worth watching. When you want to hype someone up over the game you don’t show them a chump-train you show them a guy beating some other guys kitten in some BLOOD SPORTS ACTION!

So. Because I feel like PVPers, the blood sport-athletes, should be the most well paid, I suggest games are paid based on ELO/Rating.

- PVE heroes come in, do a team que, they get like 10s lose/20s win.
- Top tier players do a game in tpvp they should get greatly increased rewards per game like 50 per lose and 2g per win. AND contract bonuses… And a Ferrari.

Why? Because we do something worth getting paid for.

Thanks for your time.
Hire me.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

eSports, everybody.

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

Obviously true, top tier competitive players should be getting high revenue to compensate their effort/skill/experience.

It´s also disgusting how high rank players have little to no gold and 0 legendaries in 2 years of pvp, while pve heroes come pvp with their 5-6 legendaries and farm r55 in 2 months, then we´ve got nothing to show off we´ve been there since the beginning.

in PvP

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Free Ferrari reward track in PvP? Works with me.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I’ve been saying this for months.

in PvP

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Seriously though, PvE farming will always, ALWAYS be more profitable than PvP. There’s a huge problem if that’s not the case; PvE will be regarded as trivial. Nuff said.

You already got your new PvP rewards buddy, what the hell more can you expect? lmao

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

PvPers should not be the richest. PvP is extremely easy and doesn’t require as much time as PvE grinding.

in PvP

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

PvPers should not be the richest. PvP is extremely easy and doesn’t require as much time as PvE grinding.

Following a commander and autoattacking sure is hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Only problem is we’d need a way to determine the top tier players because the lol leaderboards is not the way.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: snatch.2584

snatch.2584

playing only pvp for 1,5 year, still waiting for my legendary

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Pvp shouldn’t be seen as a grind though………… Unfortunately this patch introduced this kind of mindset.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

An increase to gold gain based on your rank/ladder would certainly encourage people to be more competitive and make the new players strive to win their matches more while rewarding the top players

It’s also a simple reward both in idea and implementation- this could become a really cool deal when ladders are introduced.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

We need a (pvp) reward CDI. Anet please.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Leaderboards can be farmed/abused that’s the problem. And getting poor matchmaking as well. If somebody is top 100 playing hambow/ spirit ranger 24/7 , I don’t think he is that good.

If you are a multi- class player who is always trying new builds and you are in the top 100 then you are skilled.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Also, for those claiming to be top tier and wanting a legendary, did you sign up for the tournament?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Seriously though, PvE farming will always, ALWAYS be more profitable than PvP. There’s a huge problem if that’s not the case; PvE will be regarded as trivial. Nuff said.

You already got your new PvP rewards buddy, what the hell more can you expect? lmao

It would only be more profitable for top tier PVPers, your average joes and PVE heroes looking to make a quick buck wouldn’t be able to. Nothing would be trivialized.

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

Leaderboards can be farmed/abused that’s the problem. And getting poor matchmaking as well. If somebody is top 100 playing hambow/ spirit ranger 24/7 , I don’t think he is that good.

If you are a multi- class player who is always trying new builds and you are in the top 100 then you are skilled.

Very valid points.

in PvP

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Just remember to focus the legendary weapon users first. They die the easiest.

in PvP

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

Just remember to focus the legendary weapon users first. They die the easiest.

Not a thief with a poc poc pistol and firery dagger . And some others too . I got my mid-tiger before patch by my ele and “meteor right hand ,incine left hand” .

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Here is the deal – what use would sPvP players have from gold or legendary weapons if they weren’t able to use them before the latest patch? sPvP was completely isolated from the rest of the game and nothing that was part of sPvP was usable outside of it and vice versa. And I can absolutely see the logic behind that because honestly, what use would a hard-core sPvP player have from getting gold if he spends 24/7 in sPvP?

As for eSports I don’t think Guild Wars 2 will ever reach a point in which it would be suitable for that kind of competition. It’s imho too volatile and the difficulties of balancing professions which result in pretty mandatory metas are simply too big.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Good is used for;
Unlockables
Collectibles
And Skins**** the same kitten thing PvErs spend it on… Half the time they don’t care about stats, it’s all zerker stuff anyways, they want prestige and to look awesome. So do. PvPers…
Also, not all pvpers would be rich, it’d pretty much be the top 200-500 making notable high monies, anyone else would slowly dwindle down to average (per pve farmer) to less than average as it is now.

It’d still take time to make the money but at least papers do something that is deserving for the money. They’re superstars. PvErs do the same mindless easy stuff on repeat, in no way should they be “entitled” to make more than pvpers. There’s nothing obvious about it, it’s just that pvpers are so used to getting kitten on 24/7 when it comes to rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Richest – good PVP
Average casual – you average casual PVE
Underaverage- low end PVP aka HOTJOIN

P.S. yes i know trading post junkies are absurdly richer, but they should be. They arent actualy playing the game at all, theyre doing a micro school project in economy class. + theyre actualy a good gold sink

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

Okay, lets think this through. I think PvPers should be the RICHEST players… Why? We’re like the football (Insert other sport here) players of Guild Wars 2.

but i hate footballers they are overplayed spoiled kittens

action combat made mmos better lol

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Okay, lets think this through. I think PvPers should be the RICHEST players… Why? We’re like the football (Insert other sport here) players of Guild Wars 2.

but i hate footballers they are overplayed spoiled kittens

Insert any other celeb then. :P we’re stars! We need our bling to shine!

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

A problem with the football analogy: only a tiny minority of them make much money, and most footballers actually play more because it’s fun than because they’re getting paid. That’s... kinda how it is now, with high-end tournaments giving out the rewards, and everyone else getting not much apart from hopefully good games.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

/15char

Attachments:

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Pixello.3267

Pixello.3267

I disagree. Do you think it is fair that the daily hard working people(not talking about Pve’ers) get less paid than football players? Football players is getting paid for having fun and playing games.
Just understand that I’m a PvP’er too, so I’m not on the “PvE-side” :P

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I disagree. Do you think it is fair that the daily hard working people(not talking about Pve’ers) get less paid than football players? Football players is getting paid for having fun and playing games.
Just understand that I’m a PvP’er too, so I’m not on the “PvE-side” :P

PVErs, unlike a real working class don’t do anything worthy or skillful of being paid. Plus we’re entertainers just like sports. Entertainers gotta keep up standards to be worth the money. Hence ELO rating affecting cash payout.

Also top 200-500 players making the most money would be like the top players getting paid. Clearly, I don’t want 50% players to be making bank just by spamming a bunch of solo ques. Point is, hands down, high rated PvPers and even “slightly above average” do more to earn their gold than most PVErs do. PVErs get everything handed to them, they literally have EVERYTHING. New content, fun collectibles, this that and the other thing. Having reliable cash payout for good pvpers wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen to this game. Maybe it’d be incentive enough for some of the good players to actually stick around, feeling actually rewarded.

Football players even get a lot of money because of the potential risk of brain damage. Us PVPers have tons of risk for brain damage playing conquest forever! Fair pay for the risk is in order if you ask me!

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

bring back the champ-range, qualypoins and z-keys NAO
GW1!

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

So what you’re saying is there will be scrubs, and there will be ballers! Awww yeah!

Seriously, though, I like the idea that the more skilled you are, the more money you make. After all, even in PvE more skill is rewarded. Players who 3-man Arah, or simply run insanely fast speed runs get rewarded for that. Why not add a little bit to pvp?

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Such an epic fail in terms of a progression-concept regarding PvP.
No ranks, no titles, no special items, no real emotes… nothing to seperate yourself from the average grinder / pve-player.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

yes, they should be richest.

also, i think anet should mail them fresh coffee every morning and muffins just in case they need them.

in PvP

Posted by: Carbine.4706

Carbine.4706

Can’t tell if trolling or….

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

yes, they should be richest.

also, i think anet should mail them fresh coffee every morning and muffins just in case they need them.

Yay someone gets it!

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

In an ideal worth those with the highest skill level make the most money. however in the real world those who are charismatic probably make the most money.

That is why scientist make less money than some kitten politician. Engineers are the ones that come up with the things that help Boeing for example make bank but the CEO is the one that makes the bank. The point being NO.

If you are a PvP only player being the riches is not really something you should care about.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

I really support this…2g a win is honestly very reasonable.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

If you consider 10 minute games, 6 games an hour for the BEST players its 12/hour, that’s about par with old chump-trains and far less than old Queens Gauntlet.

I thought I was fair…

in PvP

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

there’s that tournament coming up… ;P

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

If you consider 10 minute games, 6 games an hour for the BEST players its 12/hour, that’s about par with old chump-trains and far less than old Queens Gauntlet.

I thought I was fair…

But there’s the queue time. So we are looking into 4 game per hour.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Exactly.. I don’t think I’m being real unreasonable here. o.O Maybe even 2.50, people aren’t going to win every game…

in PvP

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Okay, lets think this through. I think PvPers should be the RICHEST players… Why? We’re like the football (Insert other sport here) players of Guild Wars 2. PVE players are like the daily workers. They can grind away their lives but we’re the real excitement worth watching. When you want to hype someone up over the game you don’t show them a chump-train you show them a guy beating some other guys kitten in some BLOOD SPORTS ACTION!

So. Because I feel like PVPers, the blood sport-Hathletes, should be the most well paid, I suggest games are paid based on ELO/Rating.

- Top tier players do a game in tpvp they should get greatly increased rewards per game like 50 per lose and 2g per win. AND contract bonuses… And a Ferrari.

Thanks for your time.
Hire me.

I’m a PvE guy. I can solo Lupicus and Arah. I grinded out my legendary gs. I also decided to do some PvP with the new patch. Wow. I got my rear end handed to me on a silver platter.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying. It’s just not fair that top end PvPers can’t make a fraction of what I can make in a very minor amount of time. While I don’t think that you should be making more than we PvEers, there should definitely be an economic balance there.

in PvP

Posted by: Gabo.4793

Gabo.4793

Lmao at the primitive mentality. The analogy to sport athletes as the most richest and the workers as the poorer is, although in reality true, is sad.

Athletes bring Zero (0) contribution to improve society, while the workers keep moving the engines that generate the goods and services that promotes the future.

At least leave this virtual world be different than the garbage Americanized world we leave in.

PS: I vote for more money in PvP anyways =D

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

So. Because I feel like PVPers, the blood sport-Hathletes, should be the most well paid, I suggest games are paid based on ELO/Rating.

Thanks for your time.
Hire me.

I’m a PvE guy. I can solo Lupicus and Arah. I grinded out my legendary gs. I also decided to do some PvP with the new patch. Wow. I got my rear end handed to me on a silver platter.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying. It’s just not fair that top end PvPers can’t make a fraction of what I can make in a very minor amount of time. While I don’t think that you should be making more than we PvEers, there should definitely be an economic balance there.

Feels like PvE players are overall more driven by gold reward than PvP players. PvP players deserve more gold, but I think it’s better for the game if they didn’t get more gold than PvE players

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

People now actually talk about who “works” more in a game? o.O

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

It’s just that papers ALWAYS get screwed, and for what reason? Most of us have just come to assume we’ll get kitten on constantly. Apparently pvp is its own reward but new content monthly isn’t for PvErs. This is a movement. Equal pay for PvPers! :P

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I never thought I’d ever agree with one of your posts until now….

@OP: don’t make the average Joe able to PvP for big bucks, only make it the top %, make it so if you’re the best of the best in PvP you’ll make more gold than the PvE farmers, but don’t let little Hotjoin hero billy the nub be able to be making more than now.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Would be nice to see 1s awarded per rank per win. 50s/lose.
So rank 80 = 80s win, 40s loss.

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

So. Because I feel like PVPers, the blood sport-athletes, should be the most well paid, I suggest games are paid based on ELO/Rating.

Thanks for your time.
Hire me.

Sorry to burst your bubble but “sports stars” and “super stars” and what not are not anywhere near the richest people in the world.

Sure they make an alright salary, but someone is still paying that salary.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Thanks for your time.
Hire me.

Sorry to burst your bubble but “sports stars” and “super stars” and what not are not anywhere near the richest people in the world.

Sure, the econ guys are, owning businesses and what not. This change wouldn’t make PVPers literally the “richest” if you looked at my proposed numbers. In fact, the people who flip the trader would still be BY FAR the richest.

I just think PVPers should get a normalized reward and not be forced to swallow lesser rewards just because they’re “doing PvP”. We deal with the least amount of new content in games, do harder things, and get rewarded far less in just about every game. Theres really no reason for it to be that way, except that it’s become standard.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Thanks for your time.
Hire me.

Sure, the econ guys are, owning businesses and what not. This change wouldn’t make PVPers literally the “richest” if you looked at my proposed numbers. In fact, the people who flip the trader would still be BY FAR the richest.

I just think PVPers should get a normalized reward and not be forced to swallow lesser rewards just because they’re “doing PvP”. We deal with the least amount of new content in games, do harder things, and get rewarded far less in just about every game. Theres really no reason for it to be that way, except that it’s become standard.

Idk…. I’ve seen a few mobs that fight better than a lot of the people I’ve fought in hot join and solo Q lol…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna