Pvp Legendary items

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

So a while back the team revealed in a blog post that they plan to introduce pvp legendary weapons.

This was awesome, but was sketchy on the details so I have a few questions which would like to see what people know/think;

1). Will we need to acquire them in pve and then convert it to pvp like other weapon skins?
2). If not, how will we acquire them through pvp?
3). If we are acquiring them through pvp, will our existing achievements/glory bank contribute towards gaining one, or will we all have to start fresh with some new item/points farming?

If you have any info that I have missed on the topics, do share, even if not, share your opinions! I’m most interested in Q3, mostly because I always thought that legendries should have pvp equivalents since launch, I always wanted Sunrise but never played enough pve to even come close. I did, however, play tons of pvp, and I’d be quite hacked off if I’ve done so much pvp farming [with currently nothing to even put it towards, not even gold] and basically get left with nothing for it all and have to start again on the same foot as players who join that day.

Thoughts?

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

1) I don’t think that should be how they are acquired. It’d be a bit stupid if you could only get PvP skins by playing tons of PvE.
2) I would say it shouldn’t be through grinding, I think it should be a reward for winning automated weekly/monthly/etc. tournaments that they should be adding. Make it something that you can only get through fairly rare achievements, so when someone sees you with a PvP legendary they know you actually did something kitten.

Another thing they could do is every so often the top X players in both team and solo queue get a legendary. It would give a much bigger incentive to actually play those queues and a reason for them to be more “competitive” in a sense, since there is actually something at stake.

Frankly there are tons of ideas for things that they could give Legendaries out as rewards to, and I think they should make them hard to obtain overall, so its not just people who play this game constantly who get them, but people who are actually good PvPers. And then also make them available not just to good teams, but good individual players through things like soloQ or tournaments that are sub 5 players (1v1, 2v2, etc).

3) See above.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

most likely those who have it in pve will be able to unlock the skin in pvp.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

most likely those who have it in pve will be able to unlock the skin in pvp.

I hope not, I really thought that they were finally giving people who only play pvp some kind of reward for grinding out hotjoins and tourneys.

@Bwab; I also hope they aren’t tied to leaderboards, you’d never be able to set yourself a goal of getting there eventually just playing a little bit a few times a week, whereas you can do that if you play pve.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: biscuits.8073

biscuits.8073

if they make it so u can only get it from pve then i’m pretty sure a lot of players will be thoroughly hacked off

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

@Bwab; I also hope they aren’t tied to leaderboards, you’d never be able to set yourself a goal of getting there eventually just playing a little bit a few times a week, whereas you can do that if you play pve.

I think they should implement it in many ways, and I think every single one of them should have a skill factor. If you want more casual play do PvE, but I think Legendary skins in PvP should only be given to legendary players. If I see a guy running around with an insane weapon in PvP, it shouldn’t be because he plays this game 12 hours a day every day, it should be because he kicks kitten .

Legendaries should not be available to everyone. That is what makes them innately special, besides having pretty graphics. PvE is about grinding and playing a lot, PvP should be about skill.

My PvP Minion Build

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Except they are available to everyone in pve, I find it very unfair that people can casually sail through pve and gain everything needed to make a legendary but the only way to gain one from pvp would be in the top % of a large group of players at a specific time.

Titles etc can be for people dedicated to climbing the ladder

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

PvE and PvP shouldn’t be done the same way. PvE has literally nothing to do with skill. There is little reward for skillful play, its pretty easy to do everything in the game with decent coordination.

PvP is the place for skill, or at least should be. Just because some guy has a PvE legendary doesn’t mean it should be made super easy in PvP. Make the split, rewards players for actually having skillful play. Your rewards for playing all the time is ranking up and getting titles.

My PvP Minion Build

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

You are assuming that the highest ladder ranks are always the highest skilled players and not fotm rerolls.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Right now no one cares about ladder rank. People would take it a whole lot more seriously if they could show off being high ranking, which would make soloQ a lot more competitive.

Doesn’t matter if its fotm, if you’re the best at playing in the current meta then good on you.

My PvP Minion Build

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Legendaries in pve are from grinding, not beating super high end bosses. So pvp legendaries should be from Rank. And optimaly, you should gain more Glory the higher Rated matches you play.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

That still doesn’t explain why people shouldn’t be able to acquire legendary items form past pvp achievements and have them given only to the 1% ranks. You’re just stating your opinion on the current game|

If you are the best in the current meta, Great! Why have the pve players been given an easier route to the exact same item that doesn’t hold them to a standard that would force them to play extensively and competitively at certain times of the season?

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

If you want to show off being high rank, request titles akin to the HoM achievement titles, those are for the highest % of pve players. Legendary items in this game are goals from grinding

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

You are trying to make PvE and PvP legendaries exactly the same. Why should they be? They are separate game modes, and can have separate methods of acquiring things; which is exactly how they work right now.

My PvP Minion Build

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

They share the exact same gear, that’s why.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I am so glad Azuzephyr was here to voice the forums sense of reason.

Lots of glory and other materials = Legendary weapons
Tournament and Ladder Ranks = Money Prizes and Special Titles

[SoF]

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

If that was sarcasm then whatever.

I’m only saying my part because it has been over a year since release and I feel as though I and many other people have played pvp with no real ongoing goal to aim for other than how much I enjoy pvp. Had pvp players been able to aim towards Legendary items from launch [as I think they should have] then many players would have had one by now by how much pvp they have played in the year since launch.

In my view, using a % of the ladder is really excluding all of their efforts so far. The equivalent system in pve would be rewarding say the first guild to down Tequatl per server with a legendary token, if you can’t dedicate as much time now as you could previously to get Teq down NOW then sucks to be you, the last years transgressions meant nothing.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Lux.7169

I wasn’t being sarcastic. It’s ridiculous to limit legendaries to an elite few when it’s a grindable item to any dedicated pve player. As such it should be a grindable item for any pvp player.

If players want special, unique, rewards in pvp they should be money prizes or special titles. Not some leftovers that came from pve.

[SoF]

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Because we get skins the same way as in PvE right? We also level up the same way, get quests, and have a ton of different things we can do that actually make the grind to legendary seem more meaningful because it shows a completion of the game right?

Oh wait, no. Because PvE and PvP aren’t the same game mode.

My PvP Minion Build

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Lux.7169

Because we get skins the same way as in PvE right? We also level up the same way, get quests, and have a ton of different things we can do that actually make the grind to legendary seem more meaningful because it shows a completion of the game right? Current ‘legendaries’ are seen as a grindfest and have 0 prestige.

Oh wait, no. Because PvE and PvP aren’t the same game mode.

You act like legendary weapons should be prestigious. Why not then create -ACTUAL- prestigious weapons for PvP? What’s wrong with that?

Yes, let Caed and Jumper win 100 legendary weapons but not let other EXTREMELY PRO players win them because they can’t break the top 5 on LB or beat the elite teams.

Pretty sure they’d like money prizes or elitist titles rather than 100 legendaries from weekly AT’s.

[SoF]

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

I never said that ANet had to make it off leaderboards or anything specific, I’m saying that they should be skill based, not based on who does nothing else but play this game all day.

Why shouldn’t prestigious weapons be legendaries? They aren’t in PvP yet, so if you log into HotM and see a guy with a legendary, you know he did something cool, instead of just playing the game a lot.

My PvP Minion Build

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Lux.7169

I never said that ANet had to make it off leaderboards or anything specific, I’m saying that they should be skill based, not based on who does nothing else but play this game all day.

Why shouldn’t prestigious weapons be legendaries? They aren’t in PvP yet, so if you log into HotM and see a guy with a legendary, you know he did something cool, instead of just playing the game a lot.

Of course you didn’t say they had to. You implied that they should. Why are you making it sound like I said you were saying they HAD to?

So I looked up your info on the LB’s and at some point in history 180ish days ago you hit like rank 900 on team q from playing a few games with about 50/50 WL, and you’ve not been top 1,000 on Solo Q.

Does this mean you are a pve’r who just wants to come in and rain on our upcoming reward system?

You obviously don’t pvp much (unless you’re an un-known hotjoin hero I’ve never heard of), and have never done so competitively in this game. Why do you care who gets pvp legendaries unless you have some ulterior motive. It doesn’t look like you’d have a chance under the system you’re advocating so it sounds like you just want to grief us and make your pve legendaries that much rarer. If that’s the case I think that’s pretty low.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Well there’s a few things about that;

Leaderboards haven’t been around for long, so someone’s rank there doesn’t count how much pvp they got in before they were released.

That’s where I find myself, I did tons of tpvp with my guild at the time after release and before I started my placement just after Christmas, but now I’m on limited time. So now I’m rank 50 [has taken me absolutely months to get from 45 playing only a little bit each week] with ~250k glory and nothing to spend it towards. I don’t even like the rank 50 skins on male avatars, so I’m still using the rank 40 weapons/armour.

My point is, if I had spent my time doing pve, had I been the type of player to enjoy that, I would have had the materials to craft a legendary by now. Using ladder ranks in pvp is just an unfair way of doing it.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

They shouldnt even be called the same if they have wildly different ways to acquire them. Call them Artifacts or whatever, but if they are legendaries they should be obtainable the same way as, you know, legendaries.

There can always be made exclusive hard to get titles for pvp.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Well said Sinatra!

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

Lots of glory and other materials = Legendary weapons
Tournament and Ladder Ranks = Money Prizes and Special Titles

I agree with this. 4stack of dust, 2crystals, 1silver + 250k glory + let’s say 2champion titles + round r50 = legendary <— need time, grind same as pve ones. And req even more time to get to make r1-50.

It simply CAN’T be gives as a reward to tops on lb. Coz 97%of population in pvp will never get close to that even. I was top 10 on soloQ for few days, but felt down muuuuch coz i actually played soloQ and didnt stop on 10/1 ratio. And now it is undoable 4me to be in tops = never gettin legend although i got round 2k h pvp played (90% tourns). It should be grindable like it is in pve – u devote soem time = u got ur fav legend skin.

Skill based reawards should be for weekly/monthly tournaments (when they inttroduce them) and they should be like cash, or ingame things liek gems or special titles.

PvE Legends aren’t exclusive – go LA on crowdy server and U will see tons of twillights, some sunrise, bitfrost’s etc. In pve U can get a legend without actually playing the game which is sad (TP playing). It’s avaible to any1 how want to make it – only needs time.

Also when they introduce it there should be option to turn off animation effects to those who don’t wana have them/got older computers/got bad connection to not cause lags.

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Lux.7169

Yes, I agree, one big concern several people have voiced is the animations being over the top in matches. Adding an option to disable particle effects from weapons is a simple solution for players who don’t want to see these animations during the games.

[SoF]

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

That’s actually a very good point Michael, the top % of ladder might have less pvp experience then people lower than because they settled on rating,. Looking at the leaderboard now, some of the top 25 have under 100 wins, some over 1000

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Would be sweet if you could earn them separately in pvp by collecting crystals and other materials that we all have stock piles of because you end up with he same loot over and over again. I am only level 40 in pvp but i have a huge collection of weapons and armor including items to craft armor in the forge. I would like to see pvp only weapons and armor skins that you can only obtain by earning those items and breaking them down into salvageable items that can be collected and turned into other weapon types in pvp. Rewards in pvp are garbage but creating some items that we can craft in the forge by using the raw materials that we break down every night would be nice. I would also like maybe some back pieces that are pvp only designs as well. just some thought!

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Just give me an option to turn off legendary projectile effects. If pony bows take over another aspect of GW2 I srsly leave.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Lux.7169

Just give me an option to turn off legendary projectile effects. If pony bows take over another aspect of GW2 I srsly leave.

You specifically said if they ever release legendaries in pvp you’re quitting for good.

[SoF]

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Well they are confirmed, so it isn’t a question of ‘if’

<3

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Lux.7169

Yeah they’ve been confirmed several times, but whenever I talked to gandarel he acts like it’s up in the air and debatable in spite of what the devs have told us.

[SoF]

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Yeah they’ve been confirmed several times, but whenever I talked to gandarel he acts like it’s up in the air and debatable in spite of what the devs have told us.

Which part of the ‘I want an option to turn off the projectile effects not remove legendaries’ you don’t seem to understand?

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Of course you didn’t say they had to. You implied that they should. Why are you making it sound like I said you were saying they HAD to?

So I looked up your info on the LB’s and at some point in history 180ish days ago you hit like rank 900 on team q from playing a few games with about 50/50 WL, and you’ve not been top 1,000 on Solo Q.

Does this mean you are a pve’r who just wants to come in and rain on our upcoming reward system?

You obviously don’t pvp much (unless you’re an un-known hotjoin hero I’ve never heard of), and have never done so competitively in this game. Why do you care who gets pvp legendaries unless you have some ulterior motive. It doesn’t look like you’d have a chance under the system you’re advocating so it sounds like you just want to grief us and make your pve legendaries that much rarer. If that’s the case I think that’s pretty low.

I spend most of my PvP time in private servers or ones without any progression, because I have never had the time to have a team, and soloQ doesn’t appeal to me at all. I am by no means a great player, or super-active PvPer. Why? Because there is quite literally 0 incentive to do PvP right now unless you want easy achievement points, or unless you have or want a team for competitive play.

My PvP Minion Build

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

I accept yr point Bwab, however I think looking at the upcoming legendary addition as an incentive is a little non-progressive.

I’d still play as much pvp as I do now with a legendary to work towards as a goal. Having no ‘carrot’ in pvp hasn’t stopped me enjoying myself so far, nor will it, but in a game where the only tangible upgrades are to aesthetics – I want my fricking sunrise like the pve players have. And I want it now.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I am going to agree with the opinion that we should be able to grind glory/achievements/etc to get these legendaries this would make Glory so much more worthwhile. But, at the same time, the people that have legendaries already and have earned them in PvE, why should they not be able to convert them in PvP? I see no harm there. It’s not like they should have to earn them in PvP, when they just did as much work.

This brings me to another point, if PvP legendaries are going to a grind fest, Anet should make the grind equivalent to the grind in PvE, no more or less time spent.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

I also agree with EoNBoN, I’d be more than happy if pve players could use their legendary skin in pvp, if pvp players could use theirs in pve. It makes a lot of sense to me, at least.

I agree too that the grind in pvp should mirror the grind from pve. But, how do you match the time spent accurately?

There is basically no risk of losing in pve, whereas if you happen to be unlucky in pvp hotjoins you could lose most of your matches that day and spend a lot of time getting steamrolled by the other team while your team mates drop out of the mists.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

@azuzephyr I will use Incinerator as an example. Making the time equal is going to be hard, but something like getting x amount of glory accumulated, for the precursor (which could be a skin), and then x amount of materials to make Gift of Incinerator, and x amount of materials, Gift of Fortune, and so on.

All these materials could be made by the available materials we have currently, maybe use consumable tokens to make the Gifts. Or make a new material.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Michael.7382

But, at the same time, the people that have legendaries already and have earned them in PvE, why should they not be able to convert them in PvP? I see no harm there. It’s not like they should have to earn them in PvP, when they just did as much work.

Than I want to convert my PvP one to PvE one how many times i want or NO.
Hm…why I would need legend in pve anyways? I don’t pve…

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Lux.7169

But, at the same time, the people that have legendaries already and have earned them in PvE, why should they not be able to convert them in PvP? I see no harm there. It’s not like they should have to earn them in PvP, when they just did as much work.

Than I want to convert my PvP one to PvE one how many times i want or NO.
Hm…why I would need legend in pve anyways? I don’t pve…

But many of us do.

Some people are content to pay $60 to enjoy 1% of the game, but me and many others prefer to enjoy as many aspects of the game as possible, even if we favor one mode over another.

[SoF]

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Michael.7382

But don’t we talk about PvP here? There should be Pve-Pvp connection in like it was made in GW1 but there is nothing like this. They promote Pvers much giving them good skins at the begining (read: living story skins like Super, achi armors etc).
No no no. No more. If there is no real connection just STOP it Anet. If U play Pve and got legend – good for U, enjoy it but no way to jsut come pvp and have it coz U came from beloved Pve. If U want it in PvP – do ur job, spend time to get glory, rank, maybe titles.
Why it should be easy for Pve players? To just come and have it? The whole idea of skins trasfering from pve to pvp is already horribly stupid and it CAN’T be true for Legends.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

If they make legendaries just off grinding, I don’t have a problem with the skin itself being something that you can transfer so long as it can go both ways. There should be a lot more PvE-PvP linkage anyway, the PvP community would be greatly benefited if they got even 10% of the PvE/WvW crowd to casually PvP.

My PvP Minion Build

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

But don’t we talk about PvP here? There should be Pve-Pvp connection in like it was made in GW1 but there is nothing like this. They promote Pvers much giving them good skins at the begining (read: living story skins like Super, achi armors etc).

Well tbh I’ve viewed the pvp skin system as very…weird to say the least. The rewards for reaching rnak 50 are the skins from 70-80 questing. Some of the hardest to aquire skins in pve are very easy to get in pvp, some of the hardest to reach in pvp are sold for less than 1g in pve.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Michael.7382

Hard to aquire skins in pve? There is nothin like this – all are easy. Especially CoF armor which req r50 in pvp. Nightmare is also cool – r80. Lets say pvpers got easier with Orrian set, in pve u need to do Arah much to get it and its not that easy dungeon.

And next thing – where are skisn like Volcanous, Vision of the Mists, Whisperblade, Mjolnir, Cobalt, Aether, Azureflame etc? Ther r the coolest ones and guess what – they don;t even exist in pvp -.- And icy dragon sword is r80 – gj on rewards. I played pvp today for few hours and all i got from it is purple bar a moved a bit into right (ofc except fun of pvping).
Legends should be implemented in the way i suggested imo…

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

There should be PvE legendary skins that can only be obtained in PvE but can be used in both PvE and PvP

There should also be unique PvP legendary skins that can only be obtained in PvP but can be used in both PvP and PvE

The PvP legendaries should be skill based (eg win a big tournament) and be somewhat of a status symbol

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Michael.7382

The PvP legendaries should be skill based (eg win a big tournament) and be somewhat of a status symbol

No – its just skin. It should ba avaible to ppl who play much and devote time to make it – same like in pve. Why pvp should be different? Skill based – unique titles, cash prizes, big gem rewards. Not a legend skin. It VERY unfair compared how u can get them in pve.

In gw1 status was measured by title – gladiator, champion etc not by havin q9 crysta or eternal.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

No – its just skin. It should ba avaible to ppl who play much and devote time to make it – same like in pve. Why pvp should be different? Skill based – unique titles, cash prizes, big gem rewards. Not a legend skin. It VERY unfair compared how u can get them in pve.

In gw1 status was measured by title – gladiator, champion etc not by havin q9 crysta or eternal.

Eh I guess it depends on what you want legendaries to be. I would like them to be more skill based in PvE, whatever that would mean, but the boat is already missed on that one. I do think that it would be awesome to see someone wielding a PvP legendary and think “Oh kitten, theyre good” rather than “Oh kitten, they farmed”. The latter is how it currently is in PvE.

I never played GW1 so I can’t speak to how things were done in it but it could negate my whole view of legendary skins :-p

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Michael.7382

I played 7yrs GW1 :p
Ok it was like this: u could make a char for pve or only pvp. With ur pve char u also could enter pvp, with ur pvp only not. The connection pve-pvp was made in awesome way. U could come with ur pve char with nice weps and pimped armor to pvp – ofc with good runes and build.
For wining in pvp U had great, expensive skins (depends on luck q9 very expensive, q13 less but still nice cash) and faction. Faction was a GW2 glory but it wa usefull in gw1. U could trade it for ecto to buy nice weps or sell for cash, or open Zaishen chest to check if ur lucky enough to get cool skin. For wining GvG or HA battles – chest with expensive cool looking skins. Sell or use. I was rich actually by having fun in pvp and could afford cool weps. I dindn;t have to do pve to have cash or skins (for example achi, pve stuff and the nunlockin to pvp in gw2). It was gr8 system. And a reward for playing good were titles – Gladiator, Champion, Hero. They built ur prestige, not cool looking skins. Skins just made u look nice, stylish.
So same should be here – legendaries as a skin to make u look stylish (that need some effort). They should make weekly, monthly tournaments and give prestige titles and cash rewards for best players.
So in my opinion legend shouldnt be skill based – titles should be. Just like in GW1.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Pvp Legendary items

in PvP

Lux.7169

I appreciate how they treated PvP players. The link between pve and pvp was amazing, you could farm cool armors in pve to wear in pvp and after years they finally started rewarding pvp players generously. The special chest after winning halls, Zaishen Keys for a special chest that you could trade glory (faction) for, the chest for consecutive wins in RA. It was great . The chest was actually GOOD and had a chance for extremely rare skins, some only available in those pvp chests. The cool thing was that you could sell those keys for gold to go buy whatever else you felt like.

[SoF]