Pvp forge blade glitch...

in PvP

Posted by: Khronos.7283

Khronos.7283

i just looted a pvp forge blade from a chest yesterday and when i first used the blade, it was a shiny blue sword that resonate beautifully but when i used it today it was a regular grey sword; is this a glitch??

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

It’s intended. During the day, or in different areas, I’m not sure exactly, it glows or doesn’t glow.

in PvP

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

there were fixes to particle effects maybe this was the problem?

“Fixed a crash that can occur when previewing certain items
Fixed an issue with the Guild Mission activation not functioning correctly
Fixed a bug with a Guild Bounty Mission becoming blocked (not many players would have discovered this though, if any, due to the issue above)
Re-added visual effects to weapons made from the Mystic Forge that were recently removed:
Reaver of the Mists
Whisperblade
Illusion
Vision of the Mists
Lyss
Ilya
Spirit Links
Wall of the Mists
Abyssal Scepter
Ignus Fatuus
Mirage
Foefire’s Power
Aether
Azureflame
Eidolon
Foefire’s Essence
Urchin’s Needles”

source

in PvP

Posted by: SmartyFool.2796

SmartyFool.2796

so what does that mean ? it means it is intended ?

in PvP

firebreathz.7692

so what does that mean ? it means it is intended ?

“Re-added visual effects to weapons made from the Mystic Forge that were recently removed:”

I dont think it was intended..

in PvP

SmartyFool.2796

well according to what i am experiencing, none of my pvp forge weapons glow anymore…

in PvP

firebreathz.7692

have alook at this topic in the bugs section… it is where you want to keep an eye on to see the devs reply

dev: "We’re currently investigating what caused this change, so I don’t have more information at the moment, but I can assure you that we are looking into this.

Thank you for your patience!"

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Removed-particle-effects/first#post1524787

in PvP

Posted by: NordicNinja.5476

NordicNinja.5476

Not a glitch, at night it glows and during the day it does not. It’s always been this way.

DPS Event Coordinator & Tools Developer
- Bear Cav

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

It’s the skin from Ascalonian Catacombs. All weapons from there have a visual effect at night only.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

SmartyFool.2796

well now i found out that it just doesnt glow when i m in heart of the mist, when i m in a map it does glow…. so

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Yesterday for the first time my forge daggers started to glow at the mists.

I was like lolwut, I guess it’s finally night time now!

Maybe the mists are in the south pole?

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Khronos.7283

It’s the skin from Ascalonian Catacombs. All weapons from there have a visual effect at night only.

well it is night right now but it still doesnt glow?? is there a specific hour for that?

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

well it is night right now but it still doesnt glow?? is there a specific hour for that?

In game night. Day/Night cycles are specified per zone (some like AC are permanently Night). You could try something like /time to see if it gives you ingame time.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: EaGrimdarK.7849

EaGrimdarK.7849

Doesn’t work in hotm or foefire, this is how it’s been more often then not. How do you not get that lol.

If you are that upset at GW2 then you just look like an idiot for sticking around. -Bongwizard Slubs

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Next

All of the structure PvP maps have a fixed time of day. So some are always day and others are always night. This is why in some maps your weapon will glow, and in some it will not.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

All of the structure PvP maps have a fixed time of day. So some are always day and others are always night. This is why in some maps your weapon will glow, and in some it will not.

What about in HoM? When you preview the weapons they don’t glow.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

wow..impressive.

we are playing just for skins and we have skins that shine according to the map we fight?

so we have a 50% nice skin?

too good.

/sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

wow..impressive.

we are playing just for skins and we have skins that shine according to the map we fight?

too good.

/sarcasm

I personally like it when skins change whether or not they have particle effects, -you- clearly don’t though…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

wow..impressive.

too good.

/sarcasm

I personally like it when skins change whether or not they have particle effects, -you- clearly don’t though…

are we both talking about tpvp/mists, right?

in PvP

Khronos.7283

the thing is; the weapon was glowing in mists the other day but it doesn’t glow today so i wasn’t talking about the maps but thanks for the info..

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

the thing is; the weapon was glowing in mists the other day but it doesn’t glow today so i wasn’t talking about the maps but thanks for the info..

I just looked into this, and found a minor bug with the way time was flagged in Heart of the Mists map. Time was being locked, but it locked to whatever time it was when the map first starts. So it would either be permanently daytime or permanently nighttime.

in PvP

Khronos.7283

I just looked into this, and found a minor bug with the way time was flagged in Heart of the Mists map. Time was being locked, but it locked to whatever time it was when the map first starts. So it would either be permanently daytime or permanently nighttime.

thanks