Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

“Welcome to our 9/24 Class Balance meeting. Lets start with the first thing on the list;

-How can we screw elementalists even more and buff warriors. Suggestions?"

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Malachi.1836

Malachi.1836

“Welcome to our 9/24 Class Balance meeting. Lets start with the first thing on the list;

All elementalist class aoes now damage the element a list that uses them. This allows for heightened risk reward gameplay and rewards higher skilled gameplay. With a giant middle finger

[FIST] Yaks Bend

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Awesome, thumbs up

Countless

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

haha this is great

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

…I’m pretty sure there was a post by a dev saying that PvP population is at the highest it has ever been.

I’ll try and find the post but that’s probably going to be difficult. I just remember thinking that it was interesting when I read it.

EDIT: I believe Cosine is right and it was a SotG that it was brought up.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

I love how it was the exact reverse 6 months ago.

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Cosine.7841

Cosine.7841

@BurrTheKing

I think I heard it in one of the SotG’s.

(and I would assume it’s only because of the ease of the daily laurel)

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

…I’m pretty sure there was a post by a dev saying that PvP population is at the highest it has ever been.

I’ll try and find the post but that’s probably going to be difficult. I just remember thinking that it was interesting when I read it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s true. Sure, there might be a five minute queue for solo/team arena, but remember that there used to be no matchmaking at all and only free tournaments would pop. In other words, the system used to find any 8 teams (any level, solos/premades) in a couple minutes. Now, the queues have very strict matchmaking (usually within 1000 leaderboard ranks) and are split solo/team. In addition, people are in custom arenas and hotjoins.

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

When players as “prestigious” as lily are posting this stuff, you know something’s wrong.

I’m the queen of England.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

They count hotjoins though. Hotjoins are still fun but the ladders are really on an all time low.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

They count hotjoins though. Hotjoins are still fun but the ladders are really on an all time low.

PvP is PvP, if you look at CS:GO most people only really play casual but that doesn’t mean the game is dead.

Just an angry old man…

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

IMHO, MMORPG’s make for an impossible-to-balance PVP experience. Everyone has different ideas about what to do, and some of the best game developing companies in the world fail to deliver compelling balance. There are SO many different factors to this, but they’re a bit beside the point.

My stance, as a Thief, has finally been this: I’ll play PVP in this game and not take it too seriously. It’s like a mini-game, where I can take my character in and see how well I can do. I expect to be WTFPWND by Warriors, Necros, and whatever else happens to look at me sideways. Still, it’s a fun distraction.

To think of this game as a serious esport though is completely and absolutely out of the question at this point. Unless the devs have a MASSIVE change of heart with regard to PVP class balance, it’s doomed to stay a casual mini-game forever.

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

A problem that i usually find with devs is that they never allow credibility in their posts. Example would be is that when they say things like " the pvp population has increased", increased by how much, 50%, 1% 0.000001%. By all accounts you can read this as a positive increase to most, but if its at a rate 0.0000001%, its not looking good. They never supply factual and creditable numbers with their claims.

As well im assuming they only started “counting” the pvp population when team leader boards first came out in what feb? Where pvp population was more than likely at the most dying state. Instead of starting say the first 3 months where all the pvp teams still competed. They never tell you the parameters of their measurements in their studies.

Its just truly frustrating as a player that has committed so much into this game, seeing the potential in this game mode, and see the developers drive it an opposite direction.

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: ozone.4863

ozone.4863

Thanks ArenaNet.

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

A problem that i usually find with devs is that they never allow credibility in their posts. Example would be is that when they say things like " the pvp population has increased", increased by how much, 50%, 1% 0.000001%. By all accounts you can read this as a positive increase to most, but if its at a rate 0.0000001%, its not looking good. They never supply factual and creditable numbers with their claims.

As well im assuming they only started “counting” the pvp population when team leader boards first came out in what feb? Where pvp population was more than likely at the most dying state. Instead of starting say the first 3 months where all the pvp teams still competed. They never tell you the parameters of their measurements in their studies.

Its just truly frustrating as a player that has committed so much into this game, seeing the potential in this game mode, and see the developers drive it an opposite direction.

The amount doesn’t really matter though in this case, it just proves this comic wrong because they aren’t at their lowest levels.

Just an angry old man…

Pvp in a nutshell

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.4276

Sprawl.4276

What’s the AI people keep complaining about? Necro Minions?