Pvp rewards

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Sorry for refreshing this thread but i think its will be betetr to place it here instead of creating new thread.

Permanent PvP finishers:

109797_0973 Stomp your enemies
109797_0974 This item will let you crush your opponents with a falling cow finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a perminant account unlock.
109797_0976 Crush your enemies
109797_0977 This item will let you crush your opponents with Whump, the giant’s finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0979 Customize your PvP finisher
109797_0980 This modifies your finishing move in PvP and WvW combat. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0982 This item will literally let you send your opponents back to the grave in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0983 Be a Throrn in Your Enemies Side
109797_0984 This item will let you summon a lethal bramble finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0986 Use a Super Bomb on your Enemies
109797_0988 This item will let you blast your opponents away with a Super Adventure Box Super Bomb finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0989 Destroy your enemies with Snow
109797_0990 This item will let you crush your opponents with a deadly snowman in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0992 Scare your enemies
109797_0993 This item will let you feed your opponent to the birds with this finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0995 This item gives you the ability to finish your opponent by plunging a sword through them in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0996 Buy an Assassin
109797_0997 This item will let you summon a shadowy assassin finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1h1vve/kites_dragons_flutes_and_more_from_the_dat_file/

I think thats the upcoming changes to reward system.

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

thanks man these look good

only problem may be in how these are aquired

(edited by milo.6942)

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

make it so that you can buy all the weapon and armor skins purchasable with glory as well. like for example having the basic starting looking armor as the cheapest and the exotics and cultural armors being the more expensive ones. and this goes for weapon skins as well. it’ll give people something to work towards.

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

make it so that you can buy all the weapon and armor skins purchasable with glory as well. like for example having the basic starting looking armor as the cheapest and the exotics and cultural armors being the more expensive ones. and this goes for weapon skins as well. it’ll give people something to work towards.

I’m sure these will be gem items.

And the gear systeam you are talking about is already in the game from an r1-80 scale. r1=worst

r80=cultural

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Togur.9306

Togur.9306

We also think that we need to improve the PvP rewards. I can’t give too many details (sorry to say that so often guys), but this is something that’s already in the plans.

Of course the need to give some sort of compensation to players who playing PvP in Guild Wars 2 because plaing that mode is like scratching your balls with blade!

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

In my opinion just it seems like the reward system for sPvP was not very well thought-out , at all.

There is no reward system. There is only the grinding.

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Ferik.3127

And the gear systeam you are talking about is already in the game from an r1-80 scale. r1=worst

r80=cultural

No, the R1~80 is not rating any relevant scale. Hardly anyone could ever purchase the gears above rank 40s because the amount of grinding required is beyond reasons.

As a PvP game, players SHOULD be rewarded based on their skills. Now we’re locked in the state that we have no choice but to grind the 1 only way up toward the linear rank system. There is NO progression-based-on-skills, which violates the very fundamental of PvP.

I would be content if ANet make R80 gears cost 10,000 Glory each piece and available to players even at R1. AT LEAST we’d have a direction to work toward.

Now, it just seems that I would NEVER get those R60+ gears I wanted because considering my play-time everyday, they are simply 2 or even 3 years away!

Dragonbrand

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

r80=cultural

No, the R1~80 is not rating any relevant scale. Hardly anyone could ever purchase the gears above rank 40s because the amount of grinding required is beyond reasons.

As a PvP game, players SHOULD be rewarded based on their skills. Now we’re locked in the state that we have no choice but to grind the 1 only way up toward the linear rank system. There is NO progression-based-on-skills, which violates the very fundamental of PvP.

I would be content if ANet make R80 gears cost 10,000 Glory each piece and available to players even at R1. AT LEAST we’d have a direction to work toward.

Now, it just seems that I would NEVER get those R60+ gears I wanted because considering my play-time everyday, they are simply 2 or even 3 years away!

In all respect, but whoever thinks that gear and other cosmetics defining the incentive for PvP, haven’t actually understand the structure of it at all. PvP is about competition, it’s about prestige symbols and it has to be equally challenging and rewarding.

I doubt PPL would play PvP longtime if T3 would be available at R50. What’s next, when they hit R50? ……..Exactly, there is the real incentive of PvP.
So to all Gear-Fetishists out there: please stop with your cosmetic-BS and your “I cant reach R80, it’s soooo hard”-BS, because this has nothing to do with the idea of PvP-incentive in general.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Sigh. I just remember in gw1 the armour you used in PvE was the armour you used in PvP. In PvP you could unlock future runes that other PvP created players could use. You could unlock skills that your hero’s could use in PvE, you could unlock hero’s from campaigns you didn’t own in PvP for PvE, or you could buy chests that would drop ANY in game item or sell the chest if you preferred the cash. You got emotes and titles to reflect your rank, you could buy PvE only skills.

I am not trying to salt the wound here..but it seems like in gw2 that defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory. Why change a system everybody either liked, or could get use out of? That allowed PvE and PvP to have a connection.

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Ferik.3127

In all respect, but whoever thinks that gear and other cosmetics defining the incentive for PvP, haven’t actually understand the structure of it at all.

What then, is the structure of it all? Competition? What special things do competitive people get out of this?

The cosmetics by no means define the whole incentive for PvP, but I am positive it is a big part of it. Or of now, the only thing that can at least provide it.

The very incentive for a competitive PvP, is the ability to differentiate pros from normal players. Unlike StarCraft 2, Guild Wars 2 does not have a structured ladder and I do not foresee it getting one. As such, cosmetics are for now the only thing able to provide such a differentiation.

PvP is about competition, it’s about prestige symbols and it has to be equally challenging and rewarding.

I agree, AND your most-hated cosmetics are the only prestige symbols now. Yep.

Kindly I ask you WHERE is this “equality” between challenging and rewarding? You don’t get a better reward if you actually manage to do a challenging skill-combo.

But you do get a better reward for grinding longer, which is not a challenge.
An unskilled player can grind more than pro as long as s/he has the time. I do not see any relevant relation between challenge & reward that supports your point.

I doubt PPL would play PvP longtime if T3 would be available at R50. What’s next, when they hit R50? ……..Exactly, there is the real incentive of PvP.

Didn’t you say that cosmetics would not and should not be an incentive? Why, then, would people even stop playing AFTER they have access to T3?
If this PvP incentive is about competitiveness & has nothing to do with cosmetics, like you so claimed, there is no “What’s next?” problem because the game is equally competitive and challenging regardless of your looking poor at R1 or looking awesome at R50.

So to all Gear-Fetishists out there: please stop with your cosmetic-BS and your “I cant reach R80, it’s soooo hard”-BS, because this has nothing to do with the idea of PvP-incentive in general.

It seems to me that you are addressing this rather on the people, not the argument itself. Honestly, a “I hate you cosmetic-lovers” would have sufficed, you do not really need this many words to waste people’s time with your emotion.

Dragonbrand

(edited by Ferik.3127)

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

To demonstrate you the Equality between Challenge and Reward:
Let’s take Hotjoin as a false example: Challenge = Not existing, Reward = higher than in competitive play. You see the reason of it now?

In conclusion your answers are far away from what I said. I doubt you ever played GW1, otherwise you wouldn’t bring such a post. Also I doubt you allrdy experienced competitive play in this game, otherwise you would know that the time-investment for competitive play is not rewarding at all and doesn’t support a healthy competition.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Pvp rewards

in PvP

Ferik.3127

To demonstrate you the Equality between Challenge and Reward:
Let’s take Hotjoin as a false example: Challenge = Not existing, Reward = higher than in competitive play. You see the reason of it now?

In conclusion your answers are far away from what I said. I doubt you ever played GW1, otherwise you wouldn’t bring such a post. Also I doubt you allrdy experienced competitive play in this game, otherwise you would know that the time-investment for competitive play is not rewarding at all and doesn’t support a healthy competition.

……you either pretended you have read my post or figured you’ve lost this debate……I cannot help you

a good debate is one that is based on the topic itself, plus what you and people have said, not what you think people have said or done. Really, if your intention here is to disgust people with your attitude, then congratulations, you have definitely accomplished it

Dragonbrand

(edited by Ferik.3127)