Pvp state as bad as ever

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

It’s really becoming lamer and lamer. All I see are spike builds with tons of evasion, block and inv.

There is absolutely NO build diversity at all and it really couldn’t be lamer.
All guardians, revs, thieves and mesmers even warriors running around with the same lame builds.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

There isn’t too much diversity, granted. But even with one build each class, there is plenty for your to learn and get better at.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I have been clean from Gw2 for a bit and I can say the pvp state is so bad I wont come back until they make a good patch. If you leave it you will understand gw2 is going backwards while the world is moving forward.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

I have switched from a necromancer (meta) condition build to a (non meta) power build. My solo win rate went from 40% to 80% in a week. So not all is that bad g.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

I have switched from a necromancer (meta) condition build to a (non meta) power build. My solo win rate went from 40% to 80% in a week. So not all is that bad g.

Thats is probably because you are getting solo hero maybe also video game egoist pug teammates that dont know what is teamplay or only a little bit, and burst necro works better in your situations. As you just zerg the crap out of 1 people with power instead of doing nice sustained damage to more enemies at once.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

So now you’ve gone from a shrill “there’s no build diversity!” to “there isn’t enough build diversity for every class that isn’t more than 2 builds rated as gold or higher in metabattle that aren’t both condi or both power!!!111!!”

Lol

(edited by Kuya.6495)

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

There’s a decent build diversity.
Warriors have two condi builds and a direct damage build, plus the team based hammer build (good only in team, then no one use it in soloq).
Necros have a lot of builds (2 meta, a corruption skill build, a minion master and some random direct damage builds) but more or less them all are just bad in this meta.
Mesmers have a strong condi build, a really good direct damage and a support build.
Engis have the more common hammer build but also the condi build, that is a burst build but also really strong.
Thief have D/D, D/P, P/P builds, that can sometimes share the same “equipment” and utilities, but works in totally different ways.
Rangers can go bunker, direct or condi damage, they all work.
Guardian trapper, meditrapper, symbol (Ialso seen a burn guard, time ago…)

Eles are struck into a support build and reves into a direct damage build, for all the others there’s a good build diversity.

Then, if you talk about the top tier ESL build diversity, they all use the best Team build they can make, that’s for shure!

There always be a Best Build. Ever. In every single game.
But there’s still a lot of build diversity compared to a year ago.
Even an amulet, an utility and a offhand can totally change the way a class play.

Try to look better and you’ll find that there’s a good build diversity in this game but every noob look to metabattle and plays only the “best build”, don’t knowhing that there’s also different builds to play with sometimes better results (example: Necromancer, Never use the sigil build in soloq!).

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

The thing I find funny the most is. That alot of people are expecting a PvE focused game to provide competitive eSports level sPvP matches, and a bunch of build diversity in PvP. Then the same guys can’t even provide build diversity in their favored PvE game mode ie. Raids and Fractals.

It’s honestly asking like asking a fast food restaurant to make you a high quality three course meal with dessert just because they sell food. It’s just not going to happen, same case here and most other PvE based games with PvP as a side project.

Honestly if you want quality based pvp then you have to go to the games that primarily focus on PvP. Other then that you and most of the posters on these forums about GW2’s PvP being kitten is completely a mute point and more then likely the devs care very little about PvP or WvW in their primarily PvE based game. You know the mode that they make the most money from(PvE).

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

The thing I find funny the most is. That alot of people are expecting a PvE focused game to provide competitive eSports level sPvP matches, and a bunch of build diversity in PvP. Then the same guys can’t even provide build diversity in their favored PvE game mode ie. Raids and Fractals.

It’s honestly asking like asking a fast food restaurant to make you a high quality three course meal with dessert just because they sell food. It’s just not going to happen, same case here and most other PvE based games with PvP as a side project.

Honestly if you want quality based pvp then you have to go to the games that primarily focus on PvP. Other then that you and most of the posters on these forums about GW2’s PvP being kitten is completely a mute point and more then likely the devs care very little about PvP or WvW in their primarily PvE based game. You know the mode that they make the most money from(PvE).

I agree 100%

Im simply arguing because you have people defending it.

Like the individual i replied to and the one started talking about 2 condi builds that is good for warrior.

To use your example- 1 is a steak with mash potatoes and the other is a steak with a baked potato.

Then that person calls it something completely different. No its not, its steak and potatoes.

All im trying to point out was Pre HOT, we had more builds to play. Ele you could play s/f with the air trait line, staff with the earth trait line and conjure weapons and d/d with cantrips in the fire trait line. All 3 use different weapons, spec lines, traits and utility skills.

Warrior shout, the other stances. Guardian had shout build, burst burn, and not at a ESL level but at high level of game play a DPS medi build.

The list goes on and on, i agree with you that the mindless debate/arguing from us is meaningless.

But its about opening peoples minds and telling them to ask for more. I for one will not buy the next expansion. I have had numerous threads deleted such as the one about necro Greatswords where i debated Olrun on the issue.

Yes this is a PvE game but like the title says, PvP has never been this bad unless you want to count HOT season 1 or pre hot d/d ele which was right before HOT.

It just be nice to quit seeing people write ohhh i can use mace/shield sword torch with warrior or i can go axe/shield and great sword. ( with the exact same traits/specs- amulet- rune) And calling it a different build.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Lol, too much dfensive options? I thought the meme was complaining about too many offensive options.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Anet was the company with the idea of making sPvP and Esport. They essentially grabbed some doggy doo-doo from the front yard, put a couple candles in it, and called it a cake… according to your analogy.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Anet was the company with the idea of making sPvP and Esport. They essentially grabbed some doggy doo-doo from the front yard, put a couple candles in it, and called it a cake… according to your analogy.

Lol don’t twist my analogy with your’s just to try to make what ever point you are trying to make. I made sure to leave nothing to the imagination or anything up for translation.

My analogy and I’m quote myself.

“It’s honestly asking like asking a fast food restaurant to make you a high quality three course meal with dessert just because they sell food.”

I meant that and nothing else. I’m only a little bit sorry to burst your bubble but tell me it’s not true. And if you can somehow type that it’s not true. Then give a supporting argument as I have here.

ANet under different management at one point in the past may have been a PvP focused game company. But comparing GW2 to other PvE and PvP dev team ethics, and management practices. GW2 was and still is a primarily PvE game with sPvP and WvW as a side.

You don’t believe me? Then ask ANet why the PvP and WvW dev have little to no control over balance over their respected game modes, while the game gets balanced around Raids and such. Ask ANet why there are only one legit game mode(Conquest) in sPvP while PvE has a multitude of different huge maps, styles and content(World Bosses, Raids, Fractal, Guild Missions, and open world). Sounds pretty much heavily PvE focused to me.

But at least I admit it!

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Lol don’t twist my analogy with your’s just to try to make what ever point you are trying to make. I made sure to leave nothing to the imagination or anything up for translation.

My analogy and I’m quote myself.

“It’s honestly asking like asking a fast food restaurant to make you a high quality three course meal with dessert just because they sell food.”

I meant that and nothing else. I’m only a little bit sorry to burst your bubble but tell me it’s not true. And if you can somehow type that it’s not true. Then give a supporting argument as I have here.

ANet under different management at one point in the past may have been a PvP focused game company. But comparing GW2 to other PvE and PvP dev team ethics, and management practices. GW2 was and still is a primarily PvE game with sPvP and WvW as a side.

You don’t believe me? Then ask ANet why the PvP and WvW dev have little to no control over balance over their respected game modes, while the game gets balanced around Raids and such. Ask ANet why there are only one legit game mode(Conquest) in sPvP while PvE has a multitude of different huge maps, styles and content(World Bosses, Raids, Fractal, Guild Missions, and open world). Sounds pretty much heavily PvE focused to me.

Sorry, I should’ve gone into greater depth instead of leaving it at that.

If the game isn’t meant for PvP, why did Anet make it an Esport? It seems to me that if they wanted a game based around mostly PvE, they would have most definitely not made sPvP an Esport. The players definitely didn’t vote for it. That was all Anet.

If you’re under the impression that Anet’s not trying to make this game a balance of equality (PvE, PvP, WvW being equal), then you’re mistaken. How can I tell? They made sPvP an Esport. They’ve made a few maps for PvP and even added a new PvP mode since launch. If Anet wants to take the game up a notch by trying to compete with other MMOs, then the playerbase is going to make a mockery of the game when it doesn’t even come close to expectations.

I’m going to be completely honest here and say that the balance in this game is horrendous in all game modes.

Your analogy still stands, but it’s entirely the fault of Anet that they’re trying to sell a 3-course meal when all they have is regular fast food. They should’ve just apologized and said, “We sell fast food, dummy, not a 3-course meal”.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.6819

Dave.6819

I have been clean from Gw2 for a bit and I can say the pvp state is so bad I wont come back until they make a good patch. If you leave it you will understand gw2 is going backwards while the world is moving forward.

same here. i left gw2 abit just to come back and see the same (or even worse) state of pvp. makes you wonder why anet doesn’t really take care of their game. now at this point i don’t really care anymore. but only the good pvp balance patch would make me come back. like literally take everything that you did with HoT and re-make it. as in -
1-make Elite specs an OPTION not a necessity.
2-make atleast 4-5 viable builds per class that are good enough to stay competetive (u know.. like it was 2 years ago or so. nothing was too op nothing was too weak) cuz now build diversity is totally gone.

work on these 2 major points and i think GW2 would revive itself slowly but surely.

but for now we can all agree that it’s just rolling down the hill ever since HoT. take a step back (3-4months break) from gw and u’ll surely see it’s goin backwards.

Thief prof. really needs your attention
#dyingbreed

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Problem is the 3 month balance cycle. They messed something up? See it fixed in 3 month. Result is we get a complete revision every 6 months, which is terrible.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

This is why I’m hesitant to come back. I do miss the casual pvp, but if its still the same whats the point.

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

There isn’t too much diversity, granted. But even with one build each class, there is plenty for your to learn and get better at.

Diversity is when every class can play any kind of style (Support-dps-condi-bunker etc) and be viable.
I play bunker-Support Guard 3+ years here after HoT my build or any support build kittened up. My skills and evades finish and dps( condi-power) is keep coming. Why?
You canceled Cleric amulet cause u couldn’t fix the broken ele – Druid heal. And what happen? They still rule the game in this position.
Do something !! You already loose people!And u will stay only with free users and some players that the have 2-3 accounts for the daily.
They are players that they want to win and don’t care how! Don’t follow this! Win is good but HOW U WIN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT!

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Gw2 so competitive and esports it’s the only esport game i can name that punishes sharp position/timing play cause the mechanics bug out duo client sided position forwarding to server.

Guess that’s why there’s so much powercreep to hide the underlying core issue’s that have been here since the start.

It’s a shame they didn’t learn much from gw1 in that sense.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Usually when i lose several matches in a row, i just sit down and eat a snickers instead of making a thread about it.

Instead of acting babylike you could as well bring up valid arguments why you don’t agree.

I wanted to avoid making you look silly but if you insist:

Assuming that metabattle even encompasses all viable builds that can be played in pvp right now (a kittenumption), these are the following high scoring builds (high scoring being anything gold rated or higher) on that site:

elementalist: 1
engineer: 2
guardian: 2
mesmer: 1
ranger: 2
revenant: 1
necromancer: 3
thief: 2
warrior: 2

If we lower our standards to silver level, the build variety rises even higher. Now, the question you need to ask yourself is: what arbitrary number of viable builds are you demanding must exist to quell the pointless hunger that dwells inside you?

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

edit: really? they filter the word bA-D on these forums?

You think this is okay? When some of the builds you mentioned are basically using the SAME traits and traitlines with just an amulet or weapon change?

Ex: Shoutbow Vs Bunker Druid. BOTH WITH NATURE MAGIC AND BEASTMASTERY AND DRUID

Guardian – both builds have valor and DH

Engineer – Every build has alchemy or Scrapper

Warrior – 3/4 Builds have Defense and Discipline and Berserker

Thief – All the metabuilds have Deadly Arts And Trickery

This only shows how naive you all people are. Can’t you see prevalent traitlines are present in every build because they are too powerful? Every build we have right now is most often just a rehash of the meta build with 1 – 3 changes.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Bunker mesmer.

/thread

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

Usually when i lose several matches in a row, i just sit down and eat a snickers instead of making a thread about it.

Instead of acting babylike you could as well bring up valid arguments why you don’t agree.

Assuming that metabattle even encompasses all viable builds that can be played in pvp right now (a kittenumption), these are the following high scoring builds (high scoring being anything gold rated or higher) on that site:

If we lower our standards to silver level, the build variety rises even higher. Now, the question you need to ask yourself is: what arbitrary number of viable builds are you demanding must exist to quell the pointless hunger that dwells inside you?

You think this is okay? When some of the builds you mentioned are basically using the SAME traits and traitlines with just an amulet or weapon change?

Ex: Shoutbow Vs Bunker Druid. BOTH WITH NATURE MAGIC AND BEASTMASTERY AND DRUID

Guardian – both builds have valor and DH

Engineer – Every build has alchemy or Scrapper

Warrior – 3/4 Builds have Defense and Discipline and Berserker

Thief – All the metabuilds have Deadly Arts And Trickery

This only shows how naive you all people are. Can’t you see prevalent traitlines are present in every build because they are too powerful? Every build we have right now is most often just a rehash of the meta build with 1 – 3 changes.

/Clap
Anet kittened up big time with pvp
Necro- condi since S2
Rev- power build since s2 or 3
Mes- condi since s2
Guardian, thief- power since s1
Ranger- healing build

If you look at their build in each season, it’s the same trait lines, the same traits… it’s kinda sad to watch

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

It’s call HoT power creep.
Destroy the game step by step. My friend all leave the game already … only I stay.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I for one enjoy pvp more with clerics amulet gone. Is it completely balanced? No. This “build diversity is bad” crap has gone on since the launch of the game when the fact of the matter is, there is more than one build available to use , however it all comes down to what is meta and what is not.

Bad Elementalist

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

To think that anet could have avoided all this whining if they hadn’t allowed players the ability to choose traits or weapons.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I for one enjoy pvp more with clerics amulet gone. Is it completely balanced? No. This “build diversity is bad” crap has gone on since the launch of the game when the fact of the matter is, there is more than one build available to use , however it all comes down to what is meta and what is not.

Wait what?

Sure i can play my power mesmer for some fun and i enjoy playing it as a different build. But for effectiveness my condi mesmer kittens all over it from a great height.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I use power warrior and sage elementalist and kick kitten with both … don´t care esl or metabattle. But yes build diversity is problematic low.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

To think that anet could have avoided all this whining if they hadn’t allowed players the ability to choose traits or weapons.

One of the major reasons I play GW2 is the choices and freedom offered. I’d have left long ago if classes were fixed to one build.

Mesmerising Girl

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

One of the major reasons I play GW2 is the choices and freedom offered. I’d have left long ago if classes were fixed to one build.

Yeah there are alot of choices for builds in GW2. However only a select few of them are able to fight on equal playing field as the others. I personally have no problem with this. Every MMO or MOBA have their " God, SS, and S tiered classes or characters. The only thing I see GW2 suffering with in this nature is that fact, that there are too many hard counters in my opinion. For have few classes there are.

Many builds because of the Amulet and Rune system. Have been flatout deleted from sPvP. I think maybe ANet should add some of the Amulets and Runes back to sPvP. Let people be creative. After in my opinion that is some of the fun as well.

But at least I admit it!

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Thats is probably because you are getting solo hero maybe also video game egoist pug teammates that dont know what is teamplay or only a little bit, and burst necro works better in your situations. As you just zerg the crap out of 1 people with power instead of doing nice sustained damage to more enemies at once.

Funny that the new meta Procmancer is a pure no-sustain burst build (burst by autoprocs). It is literally the opposite of sustained damage and even more squishy than the former Signet Chillomancer.

You simply don’t run such a build in Solo Q or Roaming because it is not viable without massive support.

People now will even more complain about Reaper sustain for no reason.

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Procmancer terrible with soloQ peoples most of the time but it can work if you get atleast 2-3 decent players in your team.

Yes we need a build for solo Q that can survive good without any support as most of the time you don’t get any support in soloQ and also thats one of the main problem necromancer teams lose a match.
Necromancer don’t get any help from his team just getting focused by everyone all the time, necromancer dies always can’t do anything about it getting some low 0/10/20/40 etc scoreboard points without score farming.
Pug team getting facerolled.
Pug team or some random starts to blame necromancer how terrible he is.
Die to 2/3/4v1 focus in 6-8sec. If both teams have necromancer usually the one win that keeps their necromancer alive.
Its simple one of the solo team know what is teamplay while the other don’t know and go solo dont care what happens to their necro and blame their necromancer.
One team focusing enemy necro hard other team leaving enemy necro alive even if focus targeted so the supported nec and his team kills everyone.
A lot of peoples don’t like necromancers in their group because they lose with necro as they require teamplay while others are good on their own they work without help from team.

I also haven’t found yet a way to balance necromancer to have both survivability, mobility to get away from 2-4v1’s and damage to able to kill someone like other classes have. If i go survi, mobi then i can’t kill anyone, if i go for damage i die too fast. i can go survi dam than i have no mobility just a warhorn with that i can’t get away from focus. So its just don’t work if you are on your own in pug teams.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

Not certain builds/classes are terrible. It is match making made by anet. Power necros got more sustain than condi necro. But guess what happens to the necro at thief daily when matched against a full premade?

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Funny that the new meta Procmancer is a pure no-sustain burst build (burst by autoprocs). It is literally the opposite of sustained damage and even more squishy than the former Signet Chillomancer.

You simply don’t run such a build in Solo Q or Roaming because it is not viable without massive support.

People now will even more complain about Reaper sustain for no reason.

There is the option of doing something like this….

http://imgur.com/a/J1Uvb

Not only are their one of each profession there but they all have their Elite Spec fully unlocked not that it matter’s for PvP but still. Lol more people should try it.

Since I’m not really interested in this game anymore. I feel little to no risk at showing these stats for yall….

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/characters/Reaper Alim.4176

But at least I admit it!

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

Pvp state as bad as ever

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

warrior actually has 3. condi build power build and hybrid.and ive seen eles do good with 2 different builds. one is more offensive the other is team support. though good eles are few and far imbetween.

im bad at sarcasm