Q for pvp programmers (Qing outside hotm)

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

So for the last year or longer, I forget, we’ve been restricted to not being able to queue from outside hotm. The reason being, so that load times don’t screw teams over, iirc.

Would it be a terribly difficult thing to:

• Hold the countdown timer until everyone is loaded into the map.
  • Reduced the timer to 1:00 min to compensate.

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

But why ? I love waiting 8min for a game doing nothing in eotm.

in PvP

Acandis.3250

Bump for weekday visibility.

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Yes Pls. w/e just make it happens

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I’ve been lobbying for this for a year now: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Queuing-Outside-of-HotM

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Since December 2, 2014.

Also the same patch that removed solo arena/team arena and made unranked/ranked, and removed the mmr based leaderboard. What a wonderful day.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/December_2014

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

They hear us, but in keeping with their mantra of “when it’s ready” you can expect to this in the next expansion (along with dueling)…3 years from now.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I think it’s funny they say it’s due to load screen times but they have no problem allowing people to swap classes by logging out and in which causes longer load screens.

in PvP

Acandis.3250

I think it’s funny they say it’s due to load screen times but they have no problem allowing people to swap classes by logging out and in which causes longer load screens.

This is something they’ve tried to get rid of in the past but I can’t remember it ever having been received well.

Regardless, I for one would do a lot for PvE if I didn’t have to stay in the mists 30-60 minutes waiting for my queues to pop. It’s unreal.

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

This is something they’ve tried to get rid of in the past but I can’t remember it ever having been received well.

Regardless, I for one would do a lot for PvE if I didn’t have to stay in the mists 30-60 minutes waiting for my queues to pop. It’s unreal.

Maybe even WvW? They could implement something that restricts content known to take a moderate amount of time to complete such as dungeons/fractals/raids, leaving open world PvE and WvW available to players while waiting for ques. There’s plenty to do, at least better than killing svanir and chieftan over and over.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Bane.9362

Shadow Bane.9362

With queue times as long as they are with the current state of the game they absolutely need to allow queues from anywhere. I don’t want to literally wait ages doing nothing. Legend queues can reach hours right now too.

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Hey, on the plus side we can get involved in a separate game while we wait.

Maybe we can all play OverWatch while we wait for que, realize we are having fun, then never come back? If that is your objective Anet, you are doing an amazing job, keep up the work

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

We need this now more than ever.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]