Qalifiers finals

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Berserkers and thieves are soooo good guize. Devs clearly put so much effort and thought into those classes!

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Sizer got farmed like he was a critter…
and warriors… noone even dared to try. (if sizer wasn’t so biast there would have been no thief in the tourney either)

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

I’m shocked they didn’t get the balance patch out before this tournament.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Thanks devs for balancing s/d thieves so well. That +1 dodge on daredevil seems a bit out of control tho. Clearly all thief playerbase is weak cos it’s full of n o o b s, sizer being one of them. Thief no needs buffs cos bs and vault hit for 22k and also perma stealth. Thief op nobrain class.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

That 500-0 finish. No one find it strange that almost no non-elite specialized classes were present in the qualifiers? no just me? ok.

On a unrelated note, you too can now be a esport finalist by following 3 easy steps:
1. pick a class that is not warrior or thief
2.slot in the elite specialization
3. follow this easy rotation as demonstrated in this video

Very balanced and fun game arena net good job!

see no evil ,until i stab you

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

It´s not just that the balance is way off.
I forced myself to watch the whole qualifiers.
It´s not nice to watch.
It´s just a huge mess.
Aoe, invuls, boons, auras and conditions get thrown around everywhere. All you see is particle effects and not much of the player animations.
They really need to take a step back and rethink all of that in my oppinion.
It´s really sad how it looks right now.

Best regards!

Shino

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I feel really sorry for Sizer… And I’m not biased at all…

He tried but failed miserable…

Even if he played a “out of my mind” traveller mediguardian … he could achieve more….

Buff thiefs and warriors please! This is kind of a joke!

(gua main here…)

#I no words have"

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

502 – 0 … Oh well

little big wizard – Eu

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Kolly.9872

Gonna pretend a class change ticket now

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Abjured running necro when no one thought they were viable, running thief when no one thinks they’re viable. Wakkey will totally be playing a berserker in pro league at some point just to give the middle finger to the community.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Even if he played a “out of my mind” traveller mediguardian … he could achieve more….

(gua main here…)

Missed it what happened?

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Missed it what happened?

He just played thief is all, nothing more. They lost pretty badly.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Cynz.9437

(gua main here…)

Missed it what happened?

They used thief, lost game 502-0

All is Vain~

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Abjured running necro when no one thought they were viable, running thief when no one thinks they’re viable. Wakkey will totally be playing a berserker in pro league at some point just to give the middle finger to the community.

At least noone knows how to fight a berserker. Haven’t seen a decent one yet.
But Abjured is Abjured, they can play whatever.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

That match with Sizer was painful to watch. Guys thief is balanced right?? We may not be able to engage without help or hold a node, but we have MOBILITY. Yea wait….mobility op please nerf.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

This is PvP forum. Thief is fine. Sizer needs to L2P. Toker plays thief, so thief is fine. The entire class should be balanced around one guy making it work with four other players.

Baer

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Was he the only thief playing today?

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Can I get a link?

Alright meow, where were we?

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Sizer’s whole team look outmatched but he and the the zerker hammer Rev certainly stood out as the most easily pressured. They’d get focused by the condi necro running the condi duration amulet and the DH. It seemed to take one True Shot or a couple LB auto attacks and a condi well to put either of those two exclusively on the defensive.

(edited by rennlc.7346)

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: FrozenHeart.9243

FrozenHeart.9243

Can I get a link?

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/26123277

500-0 starts at 1:58:00

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

Thanks guys. +1 to each of you.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Can I get a link?

God that is sick, and not in a good way. Even worse when the announcers are saying how great it was.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

Can I get a link?

God that is sick, and not in a good way. Even worse when the announcers are saying how great it was.

The tournament ended 502-0?!!!! Bundle of kittens that is embarrassing! Not embarrassing for the players but for balance.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

38 out of 40 players in NA’s matches running elite specs, seems balanced.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I’m 90% certain that they will add more elite specs in the future with the goal being that everyone runs 2 core specs + 1 elite spec.

Otherwise they wouldn’t have bothered differentiating “elite” specs from regular specs.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why do you think they’re called elite specs?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

A warrior was played by radioactive during the final mathcup of NA qualifier! Warrior do exist! http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/26172552 It’s sad to see warrior in such a state. Crysis tried to stay true to its root… RIP the dream, he was our only representative :’(

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Thief is fine.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Kolly.9872

Thief is fine.

Can’t see for seeing you in action. Since Sizer’s show was such a fail.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Thief is fine.

if camping downstate is what thief suppose to do (dat stream), then yeah thief is fine~

All is Vain~

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Okay… I would like to clear up some misconceptions here. Thief is not unviable because it’s badly balanced. It is unviable because of a few small details.

Dragonhunter, which is practically a stronger meditation guard, is viable. Meditation guard was renowned for countering thief but dragonhunter takes this to a new level with reliable ranged spikes and a trap that does high damage when crossed. Dragon’s maw is the unnecessary nail in the coffin in this matchup. Sadly, fixing the trap is not easy for anet as it would mean changing the way ports work, which also affects all other classes.

Revenant is strong against thief quite obviously because of the ports which have been addressed slightly (though I still disagree with them doing damage). The instant cast reveal in glint also doesn’t seem fair at all to me and I’m certain revenant would be viable without it. If you removed this and the reveal by scrapper elite I think daredevil stealth builds would still have a place in the meta.

Okay so now lets look at this from a different angle… I have played against sizer and another thief I will not name and I can comfortably say that sd and dp thief can 1v1 a power revenant after practising the duel, however it is difficult and honestly in comparison sizer is lacking here. Sizer is a good player but he is out of practise and should not be used to represent the state of the meta.

The problem I have noticed for thieves is staying alive in a team fight but I get the feeling that this is because thieves aren’t playing against revenants as they should be. Playing Sd against revenant and dh is also not something I consider smart as you will be easily targeted, preventing decaps and making you easy to focus whilst also having problems with ports across test of faith.

I think the daredevil trait line itself is very nice but I have no opinion on staff. If Anet would address the issues with reveal for the sake of making a class viable rather than aiming for power creep then I would very much appreciate this. Thieves need stealth in this meta.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Thief is fine for PVP just as always it has been, their problem is the aids meta cause they rely on active defense which is hard to do in passive aids spam meta, i still feel DP shadowarts is viable.
Warr has never been good at all, it has always lacked good PVP mechanics and always was carried by some cheese build be it hambow or shoutbow.
There is always classes that are not meta picks, warrior and thief have been meta picks longer than any other class, get benched boiz. When warr will be without a single playable build as long as ranger was i will start caring… maybe

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Kolly.9872

Thief is fine for PVP just as always it has been, their problem is the aids meta cause they rely on active defense which is hard to do in passive aids spam meta, i still feel DP shadowarts is viable.
Warr has never been good at all, it has always lacked good PVP mechanics and always was carried by some cheese build be it hambow or shoutbow.
There is always classes that are not meta picks, warrior and thief have been meta picks longer than any other class, get benched boiz. When warr will be without a single playable build as long as ranger was i will start caring… maybe

Trapper and spirit ranger were never viable?
Thief has always been picked up for Shortbow #5, but even a ranger had advantages fighting a thief 1v1.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

It was interesting how they totally shut down the thief, it was like there was no where he could move to be an effective +1 and pretty much got wrecked as soon as he was noticed. Hard to really analyse it though since the commentary (naturally) jumps around between fights a lot.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

Wow. That’s disgusting.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

If revenant didn’t exist thief would be highly viable.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

if camping downstate is what thief suppose to do, then yeah thief is fine~

If you spent as much time in the game as you do whining on forums you might actually improve.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

If you spent as much time in the game as you do whining on forums you might actually improve.

Sorry but that is not even an argument. We have ESL and we have your opinion. ESL>>

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Respect!

(edited by Supreme.3164)

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Alright, that was kind of unexpected.
I’m curious what will come next – your turn, devs.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Sorry but that is not even an argument. We have ESL and we have your opinion. ESL>>

So what you are claiming is, that Caed is not ESL-materiel? I think my respond would be a big fat "hmmmmm … ".

@Caed: Nice streams you have.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Kolly.9872

So what you are claiming is, that Caed is not ESL-materiel? I think my respond would be a big fat "hmmmmm … ".

Well I’m watching esl and I’m counting how many thief are there. They are few and Caed is just one of them. Respect for his opinion tho but what about other 99% of the thief playerbase? Sizer did not so well and people started arguing that Sizer is not anymore a top player. I think that thief could be fine if all the other classes will be toned down a bit.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

Caed is a thief player who was on a qualified team, also worth noting that his team dominated… funnily enough none of these people whining mention that.

It really doesn’t matter though because more importantly, just because a class isn’t represented at the highest tier doesn’t imply that the class is completely useless in any other level of play.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Jana.6831

I think that thief could be fine if all the other classes will be toned down a bit.

No, even then thief wouldn’t be fine.
Too much damage in game right now – a tank hits like a zerker.
Most classes have got passives.
So: A thief tries to land his backstab: Passive invulnerability. He lands his BS: Tank. Thief is out of dodges: Opponent uses his #1 which hits as hard as a BS.
If the overall damage is toned down the true problems would emerge which are far more than just tankiness and damage.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

Hi there, Caed’s funboy. Wanna speak about it? What I’m claiming about has nothing to do with your fantasies. Just check the video and we will speak then.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Ding ding ding. That’s the poof that’s something wrong not the kitten waving and other subjective bull crap. If that’s the way its supposed to be that elites are supposed to be superior all A-net has to do is tell me that and I’ll adapt or quit. Too bad we were sold that this was in “addition” to or another way to play.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

Ding ding ding. That’s the poof that’s something wrong not the kitten waving and other subjective bull crap. If that’s the way its supposed to be that elites are supposed to be superior all A-net has to do is tell me that and I’ll adapt or quit. Too bad we were sold that this was in “addition” to or another way to play.

Even the different way to play is misleading. All DD is is Acrobatics 2.0 that has been completely balanced with no dead traits. It provides 0 new playstyle.

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Hi there, Caed’s funboy. Wanna speak about it? What I’m claiming about has nothing to do with your fantasies. Just check the video and we will speak then.

Hi there Mr. “assuming too much”. I am nobody’s fan/fun/whatever-patronizing-discourse-you can spew-boy.

I DID see the vid – I would never comment otherwise.

You do realise, that what you said is ESL-level is above what you have seen Caed be able to pull, right? If you mean something else don’t use “>>”, as they are pretty well defined.
That is the point I am questioning. Did you on the other hand bother to see Caed in action?

I am in no place to discuss the quality Sizer’s play – others with ESL-experience and thief-experience are better suited for that. All I can state is what I see, and that is, that he played those games in a way that differs quite a lot from what I have seen other thieves do – Caed among one. And based on what Caed has managed to do in the past I would place him in ESL.

PS: Just for the record: I have only been a “fan” of 2 people (as in believing in their words a bit too easily – most likely not the way most other people view it) – and they are both dead – one being a physicist, and the other one a philosopher. Fan-mentality is pretty far from my mentality. Period.

So .. what did you want to discuss?

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

Qalifiers finals

in PvP

Jana.6831

@Poxxia: Caed, Sizer and Cnyz belong to the top players of this game. If even they can’t pull off a class something is massively wrong.

There’s no use to tell someone on the same level to “L2P”, but most thieves know that stuff is wrong since June, so these threads get kind of old – but nothing has changed, so it seems as if a reminder now and then is neccessary.

I’d have to know more about pvp to see what exactly went wrong here. I just saw that “We Inspire” had no guardian = no DH traps.