Question @ MMR Hell Prisoners

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Im pretty interested in how many matches all those people that are complaining about MMR hell played at all? I mean at all, not only this season.

Are there any people with thousands of matches that are stuck in a lower division or is it a “beginners” phenomenon?

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

2000 matches played.
Currently in Tier 2 Emerald, been there 2 weeks.
Play 10 matches a day, lose probably 7
I often lead my team but I can’t make them do the right thing.
I’m not gonna complain about it.

in PvP

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

Ammout of matches played doesn’t matter. I have seen people with >5k games played who are still incredibly bad.

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

“I often lead my team” <—- thinks personal score matters, crisis averted his MMR is where it belongs.

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

“mmr hell prisoner” nice term to describe your average joe who always blames his team

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Sooloo.1364

“I often lead my team” <—- thinks personal score matters, crisis averted his MMR is where it belongs.

I didn’t say score, but it is telling that that’s where you went.
By lead I meant, I ask them not to attack beast but rather rush mid, but i’m usually met with silence.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

here’s the thing none of those players who said they in a MMR HELL, posted any of their losing game video. so everytime some says mmrhell and they have crappy teamates that why they are losing. take it with a grain of salt.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebria.7239

Tenebria.7239

here’s the thing none of those players who said they in a MMR HELL, posted any of their losing game video. so everytime some says mmrhell and they have crappy teamates that why they are losing. take it with a grain of salt.

Because let’s face it…people in MMR hell are not great players. No one wants to post a video so they can get ripped to shreds for play mistakes by the ‘lovely’ people who troll/post on these forums…..but maybe, maybe they could have even worse teammates. That’s all MMR hell is, where you play better than people on your team and it doesn’t matter.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

But how do you know that you played better than your team? People tend to judge themselves less critically than they do others.

in PvP

Sooloo.1364

Because let’s face it…people in MMR hell are not great players. No one wants to post a video so they can get ripped to shreds for play mistakes by the ‘lovely’ people who troll/post on these forums…..but maybe, maybe they could have even worse teammates. That’s all MMR hell is, where you play better than people on your team and it doesn’t matter.

Your theory has merit, so I started playing on my wifes account. She never plays pvp.
In 4 days im in Ruby, lost 5 games. I’m still the exact same player as my account.
Winstreaks help a great deal.
But this isn’t about me, the original poster wanted some numbers so I answered.
I’ve never complained about the state pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebria.7239

Tenebria.7239

But how do you know that you played better than your team? People tend to judge themselves less critically than they do others.

Sure, I’ll take a stab at it, almost have the list memorized.

I did not:
Duo or triple queue as an all thief team to farm kills.
Brag about my KDR as thief in team chat and say with that good a ratio we should not have lost.
AFK for the first minute of the match then suicide far then AFK again.
Double or triple cap home at start.
Camp out an area far from points and challenge the enemy team to 1v1s in map chat.
Play an axe torch/sword something ranger and try to bonfire cap points and get kitteny about no one supporting her strategy by immob’ing things in the fire.
Rush lord at start.
Go treb,die,repair treb,die,repair treb,die,repair treb……..
Place portals on downed players both enemy and friendly.
Demand the mesmer run aoe condi cleanse to support the DH’s vs necro.
Refuse to ever teamfight because they have necro’s and necro’s are op so we should run everytime a necro comes near the point.
Call home then suicide far.
Announce that I’ve never played this class before oh and btw I’m a support rev so I’ll need to be protected, same for conjure weapons ele….etc
Upon dying to a 1v1 at far, repeat the process the entire kittening game.
Call targets on enemy pets and friendly players constantly the entire game overwriting the actual called targets
Announce in teamchat that you can’t kill ele’s, necro’s,rev’s or scrappers (pick from the list) and the enemy team has too many so you won’t fight and will only backcap empty points the entire game.

Yes, I make mistakes, plenty of them, but there’s no way the above list should be occurring. I mis-rotate, I lose 1v1s I should have won, I moa into dodges. I could make a list just as long of things I do wrong, but they aren’t things like the list above.

(edited by Tenebria.7239)

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

I was in sapphire T5 stuck for 2 weeks, played every day, didnt get anywhere and lost more than won. Im new to GW2, about 5 months played now and still learning a lot from better players in PvP, WvW and PvE. Still I made to Diamond this season (last season Ruby and stopped there).

But I got out of “MMR hell”. How? With other friendly players. I found a group of 4 players who actually was in the same spot as me. They werent pros, neither new to PvP, still learning but we gave advices to each other, learned and played 100% all the time thinking how to defeat opponents far better than us. And we all got to Diamond in 4 days.

Sometimes we queued as 4 player team, got one random to our side, still got them convinced we arent bad players and we would listen him/her about roles and strategies.

My advice to all those MMR hell players is to make a list everytime you see players who are at same level than you and try to make a friend out of them and duoQ or even get 4 friends or full premade team and learn together how to get out of hell. 1-5 games isnt going to make pro team that would win 99% of games.

I would like to hear from actual pro league player how much do they practice as a team before every single match in pro league.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Sure, I’ll take a stab at it, almost have the list memorized.

Yes, I make mistakes, plenty of them, but there’s no way the above list should be occurring. I mis-rotate, I lose 1v1s I should have won, I moa into dodges. I could make a list just as long of things I do wrong, but they aren’t things like the list above.

Omg this list. I wish I had popcorn

I feel you tho. Here’s a strategy I like to try;
At the end of the game, pick out the one guy that you would want to be teamed with the most, invite them, queue again.
Just keep picking out players like this until you have 2-4 people and you’ll do much much better. Just make sure you don’t run 5 people because you can still munch pure soloqueuers as 4man but they stop appearing when you queue as 5man.

Nalhadia – Kaineng