Question about placements

in PvP

Posted by: Paarthurnax.8931

Paarthurnax.8931

So, my motivation to play this season after the nerf on rewards and decline on population is almost zero, I’m 9-0 on my placements right now, and I was wondering if I played the last match 2 days before the season ends, would I be placed on plat like last season or bronze because of some sort of decay?

I know that to be on leaderboards you would need “x” matches by the end of the season, but I just want the rank badge.

I tried asking support but didnt got any help besides a link to the wiki that didn’t explained it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

If you just want a rank badge i would not wait. The longer you wait, the more rating starts filling in the cracks and pushing people down. Right now with 9-0 you can get plat pretty much guaranteed, and maybe even be top20 lol

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Paarthurnax.8931

Paarthurnax.8931

Yeah, probably but getting on the leaderboards and then fall to bronze because of decay is kinda meh, I have no desire to play this season unfortunately.

If I freeze my placements on 9-0 and then play the last match on 3 days before the season ends I would not get decay right?

I just want the rank badge, really.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Last season i placed somewhere in gold/plat after placement, this season in gold/silver range (probably because i didn’t play between seasons at all, given i am basically on 80+% win streak now after placement) so i wouldn’t rely on it.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Peeps, its only a soft reset from what i understand. Unless you do terrible you will end up roughly around the same mmr like last season.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Peeps, its only a soft reset from what i understand. Unless you do terrible you will end up roughly around the same mmr like last season.

yeah i am such a garbage, i got placed in my rightful place where i have 80+% winrate…. kek

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

yeah i am such a garbage, i got placed in my rightful place where i have 80+% winrate…. kek

Well placement is a bit wonky. Whats your winrate this time around and last time in the placement? I ended up 200-300 rating below where i should have been last season only to have to grind my way up. This time it went better with my placement but i guess it all depends who you win/lose vs?