Quick Question about transmutes in PVP.

in PvP

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

With the new patch; will you need Transmute charges to change the look of your gear in Spvp? I switch my look out almost daily, is that going to take charges to do it every time?

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I’m afraid so

in PvP

Paddy.3985

Wow thats, wow. I’m not so sure I’m not really ok with this.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

It sucks I know. I always used to view my PvP character as more “flexible” than my PvE one. Due to the large number of available skins, I could mix’n match to my heart’s content. But now…they’re locking us down just like a PvE char.

In fact, apart from the stats, there is going to be no difference between PvE and PvP chars.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

It all depends on how accessible the transmutation charges will be. For starters you get one for each pvp rank, then you get some from your current transmutation items, then you get some from dailies/reward track – the last part is the tricky one and will determine whether we can still somewhat freely change gear or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Flexibility to change your appearance will also be determined by how many charges it requires to reskin to specific pieces.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

1 per piece of equiment if I’m not mistaken. That could prove annoying, especially for the weapons.

in PvP

Static.9841

Ah you’re right, I thought I had read somewhere that different pieces could cost more, but this isn’t the case after I reread the wardrobe announcement.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

I could be wrong, but your toon will always look the same in PvE as in PvP right? So just save the actual items in PvE and you can enter PvP with those skins. The stats don’t even matter.
You’ll only need transmutation charges to apply skins from the wardrobe, which contains all your current PvP skins.

This way you won’t have to use charges everytime you change your look.
It’ll take some bag/bank space for sure.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I’m going have a hard time redressing all 16 characters on patch day. Maybe if they had build templates I wouldn’t have to save builds on other toons (or maybe if I wasn’t lazy too ;_;)

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Guys.

According to the blog post you need to use ONE CHARGE for each skin to unlock it PERMANENTLY.

“Unlocked skins can be applied to items infinitely (for just one Transmutation Charge), which makes it much less stressful to try out a new look for your character, since you can always switch back!”

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

@Axel that sounds a lot better, but I don’t think that’s how it works.

Example: I unlock the Jotun sword and want to use it on all my characters.

Scenerio 1: I use one charge and put it on my Mesmer, ranger and guardian (total cost one charge)

Scenerio 2: I use one charge per character to put in on each character (total cost 3 charges).

Think Scenerio 2 is how it’s going to work,

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Guys.

According to the blog post you need to use ONE CHARGE for each skin to unlock it PERMANENTLY.

“Unlocked skins can be applied to items infinitely (for just one Transmutation Charge), which makes it much less stressful to try out a new look for your character, since you can always switch back!”

You “unlock” the skin when you obtain it, and then you can apply it to items “infinitely” as long as you have charges, at the cost of 1 charge per use.

It’s kittened, lmao.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

I’m unsure it will work that way “Unlocked skins can be applied to items infinitely (for just one Transmutation Charge)” might mean it’s infinite as long as you use a TC each time…which would be really annoying given the number of skins in PvP.

Also it’s one charge per item, so you can already count from 7 to 10 charges for one character (without including other weapons you might wanna keep in your bags).

Basically if you’re r50 after the patch and you have 5 characters, you’re forced to use every single TC you possess xD at least when you’ll get some more you’ll be able to get some nice skins in PvE (for instance cultural armors unlocked via PvP).

(edited by Uhtameit.2413)

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

With the new patch; will you need Transmute charges to change the look of your gear in Spvp? I switch my look out almost daily, is that going to take charges to do it every time?

Just repeating myself for clarity:

You’ll only need tramsutation charges to transmute skins from the wardrobe onto your current armor. Multiple sets can still be held in your inventory and you can equip different sets without the cost of a transmutation charge.

You just won’t be able to stock gear in a locker, you’ll have to carry them around in your inventory. The same as PvE gear before the patch.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

You’ll only need tramsutation charges to transmute skins from the wardrobe onto your current armor. Multiple sets can still be held in your inventory and you can equip different sets without the cost of a transmutation charge.

You just won’t be able to stock gear in a locker, you’ll have to carry them around in your inventory. The same as PvE gear before the patch.

That is so unpractical it’s sad.

in PvP

Static.9841

How is this working with Legendaries? If they can be applied across the board, doesn’t this somewhat devalue a legendary to being just a skin if I can throw it on anything I want?

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

How is this working with Legendaries? If they can be applied across the board, doesn’t this somewhat devalue a legendary to being just a skin if I can throw it on anything I want?

It probably does, with that being said a legenday in pvp will only be a skin anyway.

in PvP

Static.9841

It probably does, with that being said a legenday in pvp will only be a skin anyway.

In PvP that goes without saying, but it’s kind of hilarious and also sad at the same time if I can apply Incinerator and Quip to a level 1 character.

in PvP

Paddy.3985

So, basicly just losing the PVP locker. Solid.