Quit using heatseeker as a crutch for losing

in PvP

Posted by: Xaphen.5418

Xaphen.5418

On my thief i use a ldb condition build and rarely use the heatseeker skill. Personally i have more problems with well played other classes, the heatseeker spam build is easy to kill to me. But back to my point i went an entire match yesterday without using heatseeker and still got 2 pms telling me how bad i would suck if i didn’t have the heatseeker skill when lol i didnt even use it.

in PvP

Posted by: Dreadspectre.3456

Dreadspectre.3456

A class that can go invis to avoid a 4 second window of damage explosion doesn’t have issues killing them? Well that’s surprising…

Brb..teaching my giant Norn Warrior how to go invis at will.

Inb4:
Use Endure pain
Use dodges
Use CC

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

At least you Inb4’d (did I do that right?) yourself with the correct answers on how to deal with it. Shield Block is another one that works pretty well.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Xaphen.5418

Xaphen.5418

A class that can go invis to avoid a 4 second window of damage explosion doesn’t have issues killing them? Well that’s surprising…

Inb4:
Use Endure pain
Use dodges
Use CC

the only skill i have to trun me invisible at will in my build is claok an dagger but i had rather use the innitaitive for ldb i go invisible even less than i use heatseeker still ppl using a cruth for loosing that i dont even use.

in PvP

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Inb4:
Use Endure pain
Use dodges
Use CC

You refuse to have any of that in a Warrior
You are either a bad player or don’t take pvp srs enough.

Can you link your build?
I wondering wich build in gw2 doesn’t have a single CC for warrior

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

in PvP

Dreadspectre.3456

Inb4:
Use Endure pain
Use dodges
Use CC

Can you link your build?

I actually just went back to a Hammer/Mace/Mace build that I used waaaay back. I use stability stance on all builds. I haven’t used endure pain in ages, CD was too long for my taste.

Are you saying that theifs speccing glass cannon HS are taking PvP more seriously than a Warrior that doesn’t take endure pain or a weapon with a CC?

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtjumper.7219

Dirtjumper.7219

people forget that thieves die in like 2 hits so yes we need to go invisible. I dunno whats wrong with peeps on here, but i’ve never played any mmo that didn’t let rogue class go invisible and have crit/burst damage. Yes HS can leap you to the target, but we only get 3 sec of stealth so yes, we have to have it to close the gap since we r the easiest to kill when not in stealth. If u think stealth is bad then u should play other mmo’s where they have unlimited stealth till they strike u .. hmmmm yes we need that too!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

I think the biggest complaint is the fact that you literally only have to press one button over and over to watch the damage climb. Heartseeker is a minor closer that keeps you on the target, and the damage gets progressively larger the more you spam it.

If you don’t see what is inherently wrong with that design there can’t be a constructive conversation about it.

in PvP

Sneakier.9460

Inb4:
Use Endure pain
Use dodges
Use CC

Can you link your build?

I actually just went back to a Hammer/Mace/Mace build that I used waaaay back. I use stability stance on all builds. I haven’t used endure pain in ages, CD was too long for my taste.

Are you saying that theifs speccing glass cannon HS are taking PvP more seriously than a Warrior that doesn’t take endure pain or a weapon with a CC?

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.2.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Here is a calculator
Please post your build or i just gona dismiss you has a troll and report

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I’ve been mowing thieves down with my Ranger lately honestly. I’m actually killing them easier on my Ranger than I did with my Mesmer, funny enough. Today (so far at least) I haven’t lost a single 1v1 to a thief. Now granted I’ve been killed by them several times, but that was because I was either engaged right after fighting another enemy or mid battle and even then they are so predictable that I could nearly kill them anyway.

But Dirtjumper, saying Thieves only get 3 seconds of stealth is a huuuuuuuge understatement. I’ve seen thieves go stealth and chain it so well that they were only visible for about 5-10 seconds before stealthing and healing to or near full HP only to be able to dish their damage out again. So I have to disagree there. I also have to disagree that they die in 2 hits. They can take a bit of a beating in between stealth chains.

I’ve killed a few while they were stealthed though. Swinging wildly does deal some damage to them while they are stealthed. What I don’t get is why stealth varies from Thief to Mesmer. Mesmer stealth breaks as soon as they take damage, but a thief can take a beating and it doesn’t break until moments after they’ve started to burst you. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

in PvP

Dreadspectre.3456

Your calc doesn’t work for crap here at work, here’s this one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQNAS5ZjgOxwBPKPMxBA0DrAjLLji+RfYOA;TsAA1Cnouycl4K7VurkXtAZAyWEA

Was testing this out last night, trying to have a balance of offense/defense but with the Hammer/Mace/Mace I need a team to take advantage of the CC I give out. I don’t have a 5 man team I run with so I have good games and I have crap games. I change builds and weapon sets pretty much everyday, yesterday I was having fun with a glass cannon Axe/Axe/Rifle.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtjumper.7219

Dirtjumper.7219

because chesire.. mesmer have clones? so your really stealth within them all the time. And yes against warriors, thieves, and various other classes depending how they spec, have killed me in a few secs time.

in PvP

Sneakier.9460

Your calc doesn’t work for crap here at work, here’s this one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQNAS5ZjgOxwBPKPMxBA0DrAjLLji+RfYOA;TsAA1Cnouycl4K7VurkXtAZAyWEA

Was testing this out last night, trying to have a balance of offense/defense but with the Hammer/Mace/Mace I need a team to take advantage of the CC I give out. I don’t have a 5 man team I run with so I have good games and I have crap games. I change builds and weapon sets pretty much everyday, yesterday I was having fun with a glass cannon Axe/Axe/Rifle.

You got to copy paste, anet seems to be blocking then.

With that build you have aproblems with thiefs? o.O

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

in PvP

Posted by: HandJobBob.5419

HandJobBob.5419

Inb4:
Use Endure pain
Use dodges
Use CC

Yes, because stealth is op even though it’s temporary and warriors are underpowered. Thanks for your input—it’s obvious you’re playing a totally different game than I am.

in PvP

HandJobBob.5419

I think the biggest complaint is the fact that you literally only have to press one button over and over to watch the damage climb. Heartseeker is a minor closer that keeps you on the target, and the damage gets progressively larger the more you spam it.

If you don’t see what is inherently wrong with that design there can’t be a constructive conversation about it.

I understand how the design scares other classes, but look at the numbers. Anet made plenty of effort to make the skill fun for thieves that want to mindlessly spam, but at the same time be inherently ineffective. You simply cannot get the same damage and utility from HS spam as you can from other skills/combos/builds.

in PvP

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

I understand how the design scares other classes, but look at the numbers. Anet made plenty of effort to make the skill fun for thieves that want to mindlessly spam, but at the same time be inherently ineffective. You simply cannot get the same damage and utility from HS spam as you can from other skills/combos/builds.

That’s complete rubbish. If one skill is enough to kill the majority of people by just spamming it, then there is no need to use anything else the majority of the time.

It’s a design flaw that will be corrected soon enough. They will probably keep the damage done, but either make it hard to pull it off or easier to avoid.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Inherently ineffective? The skill is designed to be spammed…to do more damage! Who needs utility when you can build around spamming the number 2 button and get amazing results?

in PvP

Posted by: Lewk.8359

Lewk.8359

People realize that thief is a HIGH dps class, and we know their dps is > pretty much everyone else right now, even without heartseeker.

What we hate is that heartseeker creates a situation in which you can not KITE the thief, and in which you die literally instantly when under 50% health. (insert screenshot of 2 heartseekers hitting for over 9k dmg total).

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

people who only play thief: heartseeker is fine

people who play other classes including thief: heartseeker is a bit over the top

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

People realize that thief is a HIGH dps class, and we know their dps is > pretty much everyone else right now, even without heartseeker.

What we hate is that heartseeker creates a situation in which you can not KITE the thief, and in which you die literally instantly when under 50% health. (insert screenshot of 2 heartseekers hitting for over 9k dmg total).

This.

Combines with their stealth and get away skills, thief is too over powered. Limit mobility and remove stealth and then you will have less heartseeking spamming rogues because they’d be insta-gibbed if they show their head

remove heartseeker and give thieves stealth and mobiliy and you have a ninja capping thief who is hard to kill.

That is balance.

And as for “just CC the rogue”…mind you I have had a mesmer and I used signet of domination, magic bullet, the stun mantra, and the F3 shatter skill. ALL ON ONE THIEF and he was never once CC’d. All that stun and never once did it land.

CC a rogue snorts too funny.

in PvP

Posted by: guttermessiah.6350

guttermessiah.6350

Inb4:
Use Endure pain
Use dodges
Use CC

Can you link your build?

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.2.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Here is a calculator
Please post your build or i just gona dismiss you has a troll and report

You’re going to report him because he has an opinion? Brilliant.

in PvP

HandJobBob.5419

people who only play thief: heartseeker is fine

people who play other classes including thief: heartseeker is a bit over the top

That might be because most good thieves don’t even use it… I run s/p venomshare and do just fine without ever touching hs.

in PvP

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I just switched class and started using it myself. I already go into matches where half the players in there are playing the Thief profession. As time goes on Anet can monitor those numbers, if the trend continues adjustments will be made. I’m going to end up with multiple 80s anyways, then i can just ride the nerf/buff train.. Choo Choo.

in PvP

Posted by: Einziger.4876

Einziger.4876

As a thief main, I agree in saying they need to tone down the damage on HS.