Quitters on placement matches....

in PvP

Posted by: DeferentUrchin.7064

DeferentUrchin.7064

….still have it count as a lose on your placement, even though you’d otherwise not be afforded such? Why is it I still get handed a loss on my placement record in a 4v5 from the start?

That’s obnoxious.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I lost 3 games during placement due to dc and afk, I feel your pain. Problem is that you have people doing placement and others already have done in the same match. Maybe they should sort that out.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

And maybe they should actually ban players who throw games. You know, like a functioning justice system would do.

in PvP

Posted by: SkipperCZ.6912

SkipperCZ.6912

….still have it count as a lose on your placement, even though you’d otherwise not be afforded such? Why is it I still get handed a loss on my placement record in a 4v5 from the start?

That’s obnoxious.

As far as I know it`s not exactly like this. If you will loose match because of dc player, the match is not counted. So f.e. you have to play 10 placement matches. You win 5, lost 4 and lost 1 last because of dc player. Only 5wins and 4 losts are counted as placement matches.
So basically you are not punished by lost but by not counted match. Both is not correct, but still better than counted loss.

in PvP

Posted by: veslarius.8425

veslarius.8425

Yeah just happened to me, its bs anet had all this time to fix garbage like this and still they do nothing. I quit the game for 3 months or so because of similar things that anet should have fixed long ago and haven’t. I’m starting to think maybe i should go back to eso.

Another annoyance is that Ventari build with tank and infinite knockbacks, kitten anet put that in the game at least add an effective counter.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Punishments should really reflect how much they inconvenience the person on their team. Quitting in a ranked match is costing 4 people not only the match you are in, but more than one additional match to make up lost ground. Assuming everyone has a 60% win ratio AND the get as many points for a win as a loss:

Dishonor should really start at that time. 4 players * (1+5/3) * 12min = 128 minutes.

So it should be a 128 minute ban. That 128 minutes should only be able to be worked off in active PvP matches in unranked. You shouldn’t just be able to go to bed, play WvW, or raid and have your dishonor cleared. You should have to actually play that many minuets of unranked matches without penalty before you can be trusted to try ranked again.

I would keep the same exponential scaling. So if you end up throwing 3 or 4 matches a season you are effectively banned for the season.