R.I.P Mesmer

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Shiverin.1206

Shiverin.1206

In my opinion If you nerf chronobunker in next patch you need to buff core mesmer and fix some other stuff with this class. Its not in a good spot outside of that spec.
I want turn to play the GS mesmer.. but it’s impossible because it have too many problems.
Now, in next patch you will nerf the chrono bunker too.. so in next PVP season we will not see a single one mesmer like PVE mesmer…
this is the end of mesmer profession.
R.I.P

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Don’t see you crying for Warrior, Thief, and Guardian none who had a role in the current meta at top levels of play. And really to a smaller degree Ranger and Necro didn’t either. Don’t be so dramatic.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Guardians, Warriors, and Thieves would like to say welcome to the club.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Ah what did mesmers players told thieves? Karma!

On more serious note: mes was really strong after june patch (and elites weren’t even out yet) but somehow we all forgot it?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

At least thieves required skill at high meta lvl ( see any old tournament ).

Chronomancer was a tardy build as the others bunker meta builds.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Bunker mesmer will still be a thing. It still has all its evades, blocks, distorts, just less alacrity effectiveness. It still has its quickness+slow well which is like a low cool down timewarp for downs. It might not secure you resses and stomps anymore, but it still slows down enemy cleave and speeds up yours.

Shatter mesmer is awkward, but not unplayable. You need to actually be good at it, it’s not like revenant or bunker mesmer that anyone can pick up instantly. The problem it has is it’s a roamer that can’t reliably roam alone anymore, especially if it doesn’t have at least one stealth and blink ready. In a team fight it brings decent damage, great burst, a bit of cleave, and good control with gravity well, or, if you’re leaving the gravity wells to a bunker mesmer, moa to counter shroud, and deal with difficult targets like mesmers and evade spamming revenants. Of course, you have to be able to coordinate, time and land the moa.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Bunker mesmer will still be a thing. It still has all its evades, blocks, distorts, just less alacrity effectiveness. It still has its quickness+slow well which is like a low cool down timewarp for downs. It might not secure you resses and stomps anymore, but it still slows down enemy cleave and speeds up yours.

Shatter mesmer is awkward, but not unplayable. You need to actually be good at it, it’s not like revenant or bunker mesmer that anyone can pick up instantly. The problem it has is it’s a roamer that can’t reliably roam alone anymore, unless it has at least one stealth and blink ready. In a team fight it brings decent damage, great burst, a bit of cleave, and good control with gravity well, or, if you’re leaving the gravity wells to a bunker mesmer, moa to counter shroud, and deal with difficult targets like mesmers and evade spamming revenants. Of course, you have to be able to coordinate, time and land the moa.

Imagine, people actually would need skill and use brain to pvp O_o

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Chrono-shatter mesmer, daredevil, and dragonhunter are all crazy strong builds compared to the core specs. The reason they’re weak right now is that the current meta is so heavily sustain-based that the roaming role has become very limited and difficult to play well. As soon as we shift out of the sustain/bunker meta, then chronoshatter, thief, and DH will become strong picks again.

That said, it’s possible that the nerfs to bunker-mesmer will end up wrecking the chrono-shatter build, or at least making it less optimal than other roaming builds. But it’s too early to say without seeing the specific changes.

I’d personally prefer that they bring all the elite specs in line with the core specs. Or at least target their nerfs to specific builds – i.e. bunker mes and marauder scrapper.

On more serious note: mes was really strong after june patch (and elites weren’t even out yet) but somehow we all forgot it?

Mesmer was over-the-top strong after the June patch primarily because A.net decided to buff PU through the roof and make mantras CDs recharge while you still had charges remaining (so heal and daze basically had no cooldown). A.net has since nerfed PU and fixed the mantra cooldown issue. They also reduced the damage on mirror blade by 33% and nerfed the damage on the mantra grandmaster trait.

Outside of that brief period, shatter mes has always been in the same boat (or worse off) than thief. Even in this meta, D/P DD has a fairly easy matchup vs chrono-shatter.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Do me a favour and don’t compare your class (any other class) that is about to receive a nerf to thief. Mesmer has already been ridiculously strong since June as stuff already went wrong in June but anet obviously didn’t notice. No one at anet seems to know how thief works, so they nerfed the class for 3 years straight just to satisfy the ever whining people who cried about stealth or everything else. These random nerfs destroyed thief and it’s unlikely that the class will be back again anytime soon or that your class will be destroyed by a single nerf.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Do me a favour and don’t compare your class (any other class) that is about to receive a nerf to thief. Mesmer has already been ridiculously strong since June as stuff already went wrong in June but anet obviously didn’t notice. No one at anet seems to know how thief works, so they nerfed the class for 3 years straight just to satisfy the ever whining people who cried about stealth or everything else. These random nerfs destroyed thief and it’s unlikely that the class will be back again anytime soon or that your class will be destroyed by a single nerf.

Your comment is misdirected, since I play all of the classes. Random nerfs didn’t destroy thief. Crazy power creep to all the meta elite specs did.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

The power creep alone didn’t destroy thief it added to the destruction – the class was pretty weak even before June – and that’s because everything has been nerfed over the years – you as an avid all classes player should know that.

Btw: Thief has been destroyed in June – the only spec still halfway viable was D/P – doesn’t mean it was good but it can avoid most damage and hadn’t had its core traits nerfed unlike every other thief build.

ETA: That wasn’t directed at you but everybody who says “OH NOZ MY ELITE WILL BE TONED DOWN BY ONE NOTCH – I WILL BECOME THE SECOND THIEF”

(edited by Jana.6831)

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Btw: Thief has been destroyed in June – the only spec still halfway viable was D/P – doesn’t mean it was good but it can avoid most damage and hadn’t had its core traits nerfed unlike every other thief build.

Let’s not forget that the only reason D/P remains viable is a borderline exploit stealth stacking technique which requires unintuitive camera work and was most certainly not designed to work that way in the first place.

Basically, the only working thief build is the one that can be used in a way Anet didn’t design it to work in the first place.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Let’s not forget that the only reason D/P remains viable is a borderline exploit stealth stacking technique which requires unintuitive camera work and was most certainly not designed to work that way in the first place.

I’m going to quote you on that; that’s not true.
Top Tier thieves won’t waste their initiative on the 4th HS, for that 1 second more stealth.

There are other classes which uses this “unintuitive camera work” or swap wep/kit mid leap to make it shorter to stay on point..

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

As terrorsquad said.
Never seen a thief which played 4th HS, wasting all his initiative ( and time ).

About the camera exploit is true, but not the real issue.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

As terrorsquad said.
Never seen a thief which played 4th HS, wasting all his initiative ( and time ).

Only time I saw it was pre spec patch in WvW when you regenerated initiative in stealth and it applied as soon as you entered stealth.

Oh and in the WvW trapper condi thief, can’t remember who it was but he is/was on Aurora Glade.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Imagine, people actually would need skill and use brain to pvp O_o

Reason why I don’t pvp. I lack both lol just kidding :P

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

As terrorsquad said.

Only time I saw it was pre spec patch in WvW when you regenerated initiative in stealth and it applied as soon as you entered stealth.

Oh and in the WvW trapper condi thief, can’t remember who it was but he is/was on Aurora Glade.

Were we talking about spvp i guess.

On wvw permastealth is god

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

As terrorsquad said.

Were we talking about spvp i guess.

On wvw permastealth is god

I know, just saying it’s the only time I have ever seen it happen where high mobility and permanent stealth is hilariously imba.

I kinda like how they think you need to do funny tricks with the camera when a simple about face button will get you a 4th HS.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Hammertime coming back!

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Fixing shatter mesmer in 1 step:

• fix power creep.

Done!

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Don’t see you crying for Warrior, Thief, and Guardian none who had a role in the current meta at top levels of play. And really to a smaller degree Ranger and Necro didn’t either. Don’t be so dramatic.

The difference is, all three of those classes have been in various meta before longer than any meta that Mesmer has been a part of.

Anet has never been kind to Mesmers, when they get something good, they take away quicker than ANY class.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: Translation: If chronomancer is nerfed, we need another broken spec to replace it. After all, there are a lot of legendaries who got there based on the broken bunker spec. What will they do in season 2?

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

@OP: Translation: If chronomancer is nerfed, we need another broken spec to replace it. After all, there are a lot of legendaries who got there based on the broken bunker spec. What will they do in season 2?

This. This so much. When next season arrives, don’t be surprised when there are barley any legendarily since “smurfing” was patched and hopefully the balance patch will actaually balance the game.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Players compained about mesmer stealth, now that we are visable still complain. XD XD XD

Teefs have always been a hard counter guessing game to mesmer until the shatter blind. No ragrats for making teefs squeal and abandon ship in this short period of time. werf

lol guards/wars/teefs playing the victim card after not being favored for one meta XD now just develop obnoxious skill bugs that won’t be fixed for a year and you’ll be on the same level as mesmer was woot woot

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

I got to legendary as a solo queue necro. Necro was ok i think.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Chrono bunker is the main thing that makes the game unenjoyable for me.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

shatt build? It was a very good build yet so many of you have been brainwashed by 1 broken build it;s not even funny. You know mesmers are terrible and casuals when all their wins are heavily based on just 1 copy paste build and think it’s the only one that class has to offer.

Please be less of a hypocrite.

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

shatt build? It was a very good build yet so many of you have been brainwashed by 1 broken build it;s not even funny. You know mesmers are terrible and casuals when all their wins are heavily based on just 1 copy paste build and think it’s the only one that class has to offer.

Please be less of a hypocrite.

So basically you’re denying players to AFK while they play their Bunker spec?

Wow, you’re harsh.

Attachments:

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Rebound.3409

Oh i think they will still afk.

Attachments:

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Ye, those pesky rebels.

Attachments:

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Rebound.3409

Ye, those pesky rebels.

Attachments:

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Attachments:

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

R.I.P Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Just like you forgot 3 years of mesmers being free-kill for thief?