Really 2 days of dishonorable!

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

Good to see the system punishing people. Sorry it hit an innocent but i’m sure this is affecting hundreds of people with ‘bad connection’

IGN: Aussie Archer

in PvP

Posted by: ramorambo.6701

ramorambo.6701

I see nothing wrong about pusnishment on people with bad connection, why you should ruin other people gaming experience because of your connection?

in PvP

Posted by: Mskapaa.6214

Mskapaa.6214

2 days though is it really necessary? Dishonorable is fine for maybe a couple hours, but for 2 days…? That’s my issue here.

(edited by Mskapaa.6214)

in PvP

aussieheals.6843

2 days though is it really necessary? Dishonorable is fine for maybe a couple hours, but for 2 days…?

Honestly, I understand your pain but without severe punishment there will be no stopping the farmers.

Although, I do believe that with this negative reinforcement needs to be positive reinforcement & that is something that Anet already seem to have set as high priority and already working on.

But lets be serious here, I’m from Aus and I don’t DC so kitten knows why you do?

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Sounds like the system is working as intended.

God forbid you stay in a game. I had horrible connection a while back and was disconnecting all over the place and didn’t get the debuff, I can’t imagine how much you’d have to leave to get 2 days of the stuff.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Sometimes it is the server that is causing the disconnects, in which case the players are also punished. 2 days is a bit harsh.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in PvP

Mskapaa.6214

2 days though is it really necessary? Dishonorable is fine for maybe a couple hours, but for 2 days…?

Honestly, I understand your pain but without severe punishment there will be no stopping the farmers.

Although, I do believe that with this negative reinforcement needs to be positive reinforcement & that is something that Anet already seem to have set as high priority and already working on.

But lets be serious here, I’m from Aus and I don’t DC so kitten knows why you do?

GW2 has a very abundant amount of people who occasionally lag and dc.

It can happen to anyone. 2 days is ridiculous.

in PvP

aussieheals.6843

If it’s regular why don’t you fix your computer, lower your setting &/or call your provider? I can assure you it’s not the games fault and thus you can’t blame the game when it’s an external issue.

in PvP

Mskapaa.6214

Sounds like the system is working as intended.

God forbid you stay in a game. I had horrible connection a while back and was disconnecting all over the place and didn’t get the debuff, I can’t imagine how much you’d have to leave to get 2 days of the stuff.

I dced twice

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

2 days is ridiculous indeed, even I miss out on some matches because I forgot I was que’d, mistakes happen. You should get punished quicker with the dishonour system but only for a couple hours at max.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

aussieheals.6843

2 days is ridiculous indeed, even I miss out on some matches because I forgot I was que’d, mistakes happen. You should get punished quicker with the dishonour system but only for a couple hours at max.

Your costing 4 other people who ARE sitting around during that same waiting period because you forget? Why should they lose rank over your memory? Not saying that it isn’t human BUT Isnt it a surefire way of stopping you from forgetting with a 2 day ban?

in PvP

Mskapaa.6214

If it’s regular why don’t you fix your computer, lower your setting &/or call your provider? I can assure you it’s not the games fault and thus you can’t blame the game when it’s an external issue.

I’ve been trying to fix it for a while. The dishonorable duration is my issue thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

you was atleast 3x afk in last 3 days or left a match

dishonour system punish people on 3th time they do this

and its fine working like this

when your internet is broken and you have tons DCs than only YOU can fix this and not the players in your team. dont join competive paly when you cant play. simple

in PvP

aussieheals.6843

I’ve been trying to fix it for a while. The dishonorable duration is my issue thank you.

Of course it’s your issue, but its external of GW2. For example, I had fraps running while I had the new Team Speak 3 addon running and it was crashing my game. I can’t go on the gw2 forums and whinge I had to sort out that external issue.

in PvP

Mskapaa.6214

when your internet is broken and you have tons DCs than only YOU can fix this and not the players in your team. dont join competive paly when you cant play. simple

It doesn’t happen all the time. I normally have decent internet… On some days i’d get lag and get error 7 out of nowhere. I dced out of a game early after reset. Then two times about few hours ago for roughly 10 – 20 minutes.

(edited by Mskapaa.6214)

in PvP

Bsgapollo.5364

Your costing 4 other people who ARE sitting around during that same waiting period because you forget? Why should they lose rank over your memory? Not saying that it isn’t human BUT Isnt it a surefire way of stopping you from forgetting with a 2 day ban?

If I have to wait 10 kitten mins for a que pop then yes I will brows some on the internet, If I happen to watch a comedy show and I get lost in track of time then yes I might accidently forget and not enter the que, I shouldn’t be punished 2 freaking days for a mistake like that. If things go this way I guarantee you it will only hurt the game because people are just not able to play. There’s a difference between punishing people for mistakes and almost banning them from the game. Who in the world wouldn’t try out other games and continue playing that game if they had to wait 2 days before they could play again.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

@Mskapaa

in your first post you wrote 1x DCed – some psots later 2x and now you answer me 3x (1x after rest)

you need to leave 3x in 3 days to get punished

you are an leaver and you get punished for it. fine with me and its how it have to be.
Learn from it and im happy this system is in the works and i dont get punished for YOUR laziness and have to play games with you.

@Bsgapollo

no it will not hurt the game. it hurts more the game people dont join there matches like you say you did from time to time and whine later bout in forum how bad arenanet is to let us play 4v5 matches.

its not arenanets fault its the players and when players cant learn than we need a system like this.

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

aussieheals.6843

It doesn’t happen all the time. I normally have decent internet. On some days i’d get lag and get error 7 out of nowhere. I dced out of a game early after reset. Then two times about few hours ago for roughly 10 – 20 minutes.

Try to monitor and find the specific reason for the DC. 1 issue off the top of my head might be that your being DC’d during your ISP’s peak hour. Pretend your issue isn’t gw2 related and type your issues including your ISPs name into google and I bet you find a solution or at least a reason.

Edit: If your connected wirelessly, check if a large magnet is near either of your connections. I had an issue with a SUB disturbing the connection and DC’ing me.

in PvP

Mskapaa.6214

@Mskapaa

in your first post you wrote 1x DCed – some psots later 2x and now you answer me 3x (1x after rest)

you are an leaver and you get punished for it. fine with me and its how it have to be.
Learn from it and im happy this system is in the works and i dont get punished for YOUR laziness and have to play games with you.

I recalled, how many times i had trouble with my net today, and twice was recently. and I’m not a leaver on purpose. This duration is a major issue. It shouldn’t punish innocent people for 2 days.

in PvP

Bsgapollo.5364

@Mskapaa

@Bsgapollo

no it will not hurt the game. it hurts more the game people dont join there matches like you say you did from time to time and whine later bout in forum how bad arenanet is to let us play 4v5 matches.

its not arenanets fault its the players and when players cant learn than we need a system like this.

lol no, there are numerous ways out there how you could prevent a 4v5, like other people mentioned already give a surrender function, or don’t even let a match start when the teams aren’t equal, and I’m sure there are more reasons that I can’t think of right now. Not letting players play for 2 days isn’t the right approach.

in PvP

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

good working as intended!

Each stack of dishonor has it’s own duration of 72 hours.
You can play until your account has 3 stacks of dishonor.
You cannot play until your account has less than 3 stacks.
Dishonor stacks expire while offline.
Being kicked by AFK detection automatically adds a dishonor stack.
Being absent from a match will add a stack of dishonor when the match has ended.

Simple version: You can leave a maximum of 3 games every 3 day period. Those could be spread out: If you leave once a day, you effectively lock yourself out every 24 hours. They could be stacked quickly: Leaving 3 times in one day means and cannot play almost the maximum of 72 hours.

so yep shouldn’t have queued after your 2nd dc, and making the 4 other teammates go through a 4v5

in PvP

Mskapaa.6214

good working as intended!

Each stack of dishonor has it’s own duration of 72 hours.
You can play until your account has 3 stacks of dishonor.
You cannot play until your account has less than 3 stacks.
Dishonor stacks expire while offline.
Being kicked by AFK detection automatically adds a dishonor stack.
Being absent from a match will add a stack of dishonor when the match has ended.

Simple version: You can leave a maximum of 3 games every 3 day period. Those could be spread out: If you leave once a day, you effectively lock yourself out every 24 hours. They could be stacked quickly: Leaving 3 times in one day means and cannot play almost the maximum of 72 hours.

so yep shouldn’t have queued after your 2nd dc, and making the 4 other teammates go through a 4v5

I appreciate the info. This is outrageous…. Definitely scares me out of tpvp.
and on my 3rd dc I was about to win and it was near the end of the game so ya.

(edited by Mskapaa.6214)

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

lol no, there are numerous ways out there how you could prevent a 4v5, like other people mentioned already give a surrender function, or don’t even let a match start when the teams aren’t equal, and I’m sure there are more reasons that I can’t think of right now. Not letting players play for 2 days isn’t the right approach.

Look at it this way: Next time that happens you’ll have two whole days to watch as many comedy shows as you want, and browse the internet to your hearts desires !

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I’m actually excited by this news. I’m genuinely sorry that it happened to you but it’s good to see it is working as intended. I bet many of the habitual AFKers that would queue and then go watch Dane Cook’s comedy special are now getting correctly punished by the system.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Bsgapollo.5364

Look at it this way: Next time that happens you’ll have two whole days to watch as many comedy shows as you want, and browse the internet to your hearts desires !

If this goes through, and I happen to make 1 lousy mistake, then I’ll have all the time in the world to do whatever the kitten I want since I won’t be playing this game anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

If this goes through, and I happen to make 1 lousy mistake, then I’ll have all the time in the world to do whatever the kitten I want since I won’t be playing this game anymore.

Actually, as others have explained, it would have to be 3 “mistakes”.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Anet you punish people with bad connection! I disconnected nearly the end of my game and I get dishonorable for 2 days! It’s bad enough that they put tournaments as a effing daily! Its already challenge to win… I’m really starting to hate this game.

It depends. If it is a first time infraction, 2 days is ridiculous. If you have 20 infractions in your past, 2 days is not enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

If I have to wait 10 kitten mins for a que pop then yes I will brows some on the internet, If I happen to watch a comedy show and I get lost in track of time then yes I might accidently forget and not enter the que, I shouldn’t be punished 2 freaking days for a mistake like that. If things go this way I guarantee you it will only hurt the game because people are just not able to play. There’s a difference between punishing people for mistakes and almost banning them from the game. Who in the world wouldn’t try out other games and continue playing that game if they had to wait 2 days before they could play again.

Yes you should, it’s YOUR mistake and YOUR mistake alone. Whether or not is intentional is irrelevant. The other four people on your team can do absolutely nothing in that situation.

You seem to make quite a bit of mistakes with your time management, maybe the 2 day ban will make you double check your queue status next time before you decide on watching your next episode of Pretty Little Liars…

in PvP

Posted by: Vincesco.8340

Vincesco.8340

Great to hear that this system is working!

Kleiner K

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

The system only punishes people with a life lol

New afkers, just auto run into a wall and continue to be honorable

in PvP

Bsgapollo.5364

Yes you should, it’s YOUR mistake and YOUR mistake alone. Whether or not is intentional is irrelevant. The other four people on your team can do absolutely nothing in that situation.

You seem to make quite a bit of mistakes with your time management, maybe the 2 day ban will make you double check your queue status next time before you decide on watching your next episode of Pretty Little Liars…

True story.

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

I doubt u get 2 days of dishonour debuff for just 1 DC. Either the system made a mistake or the system executed its decision based on something that you’re not telling us.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I doubt u get 2 days of dishonour debuff for just 1 DC. Either the system made a mistake or the system executed its decision based on something that you’re not telling us.

I think this poor guy is just an unfortunate victim of the situation. I checked his post history and he’s been complaining about random disconnects for months.

I’d open a ticket and see if they can lift that debuff. In the future just avoid tpvp when you’re connection is feeling choppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

The system is working as intended. You left 3 times all on December 20th. (time zones may vary).

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

What if dishonor didnt work, and he continued to play 20 more matches that day to D/C constantly making 80 other people cringe at 4v5 matches.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

That would totally suck. However, I don’t think the system warns you prior to getting the debuff. I know I had to go AFK during a match not too long ago and when I came back my toon was in the Mists, but I didn’t see any kind of notification saying I was booted, or that I would potentially get a debuff.

Most guys I would figure were probably bull-kittening everyone, but I think this guy’s legit. Either that or he’s been planning this troll post since April, since that’s when he was last complaining about his connection.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

The system is working as intended. You left 3 times all on December 20th. (time zones may vary).

Evan, I heard you swallowed Justin’s backspace key.

Did you eventually pass it? If so, did you put it back on Justin’s keyboard?
If you didn’t pass it, I think you can probably just rummage around and use an old corn kernel instead.

Maybe we can find out during today’s live stream!

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

That would totally suck. However, I don’t think the system warns you prior to getting the debuff. I know I had to go AFK during a match not too long ago and when I came back my toon was in the Mists, but I didn’t see any kind of notification saying I was booted, or that I would potentially get a debuff.

Most guys I would figure were probably bull-kittening everyone, but I think this guy’s legit. Either that or he’s been planning this troll post since April, since that’s when he was last complaining about his connection.

The system cannot distinguish between accidental disconnects and intentional disconnects, but when you dc three times accidental or not it is your responsibility. If you’re having connection issues that many times, perhaps you should stick to hot joins until you can fix your connection.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitalij.7193

Vitalij.7193

u will cannot play game at all or only tournament pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

Not only do you have to DC to get a dishonor, you also have to not log back in during the match.

If you DC and get back in, before the match ends, you won’t get any. So how unlucky has one to be to get 3 DCs right near the end within a day?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

^ I love the devs on these forums, lol. <3

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I describe exactly how dishonor works here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Dishonored-Details/first#post3389177

I want to reiterate that we will continue to watch the numbers and change them as we see fit. Obviously we don’t want to punish people with poor internet, but players who consistently disconnect should expect to gain dishonor. Disconnecting is no different than leaving. If you have disconnected twice in one night, you should probably take a break until your internet is more stable before trying to play more.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

#EvanLeshforCeoandPrez2014

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

First, the factual errors. You need to leave three matches before there is any kind of dishonor applied. Not one. Not “Oh, this never happens, but then this one time it did and poor me, I got banned!”
Dishonor is a way to remove people who frequently ruin matches from the pool of players. Either accidentally such as the OP, maliciously such as many of the trolls out there, or negligently. Which brings up….

If I have to wait 10 kitten mins for a que pop then yes I will brows some on the internet, If I happen to watch a comedy show and I get lost in track of time then yes I might accidently forget and not enter the que, I shouldn’t be punished 2 freaking days for a mistake like that. If things go this way I guarantee you it will only hurt the game because people are just not able to play.

It sounds like the system is working perfectly in this case. I think that it is pretty safe to say that most PvPers would rather have a few less people to play with than having to get so many 4v5s because someone entered the queue and then got busy getting their My Little Ponie fix. This is precisely the type of behavior that the dishonor system is meant to weed out.

in PvP

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

First, the factual errors. You need to leave three matches before there is any kind of dishonor applied. Not one. Not “Oh, this never happens, but then this one time it did and poor me, I got banned!”
Dishonor is a way to remove people who frequently ruin matches from the pool of players. Either accidentally such as the OP, maliciously such as many of the trolls out there, or negligently. Which brings up….

If I have to wait 10 kitten mins for a que pop then yes I will brows some on the internet, If I happen to watch a comedy show and I get lost in track of time then yes I might accidently forget and not enter the que, I shouldn’t be punished 2 freaking days for a mistake like that. If things go this way I guarantee you it will only hurt the game because people are just not able to play.

It sounds like the system is working perfectly in this case. I think that it is pretty safe to say that most PvPers would rather have a few less people to play with than having to get so many 4v5s because someone entered the queue and then got busy getting their My Little Ponie fix. This is precisely the type of behavior that the dishonor system is meant to weed out.

I couldn’t say it better!

This is why dual screen exists. I can still keep an eye on my queue while browsing the net. When it pops, I simply switch to my other screen and voilà, I’m ready to play.

If you do not keep an eye on the screen, AFK, disconnect, etc., then it is your fault if you end up being with 1 stack of Dishonor. It is working as intended. You have 3 chances. I think that’s plenty enough.

in PvP

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Dishonored-Details/first#post3389177

I want to reiterate that we will continue to watch the numbers and change them as we see fit. Obviously we don’t want to punish people with poor internet, but players who consistently disconnect should expect to gain dishonor. Disconnecting is no different than leaving. If you have disconnected twice in one night, you should probably take a break until your internet is more stable before trying to play more.

Problem is that it is not always the case on our end but instead, on Anet’s end.

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I love devs calling out the crap people spew on the forums.

I hope I’m not the only one who remembers the " I got banned for verbal abuse" thread on reddit. That was gold. Pure gold.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Problem is that it is not always the case on our end but instead, on Anet’s end.

If that is the case, then please open support tickets so we can get the problem resolved.

in PvP

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I hope I’m not the only one who remembers the " I got banned for verbal abuse" thread on reddit. That was gold. Pure gold.

Where’s that thread so I can have a bit of laugh?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Where’s that thread so I can have a bit of laugh?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/yxx3m/suspensions_for_offensive_names_and_inappropriate/

Enjoy!

Ranger | Elementalist