in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

REMOVE SKYHAMMER IN SOLOQ

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

THERE IT IS!

Skyhammer captured in one beautiful moment.

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

So it’s the beauty that makes me cry, when I see this? Could have fooled me…

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Because 1. uncounterable, 2. one-hit skills that 3. only a few classes have access to is everything that an esports game needs.

Skyhammer is a pretty fun map when it is not abused. But until it is re-designed to not be abused like that, it shouldn’t exist in any competitive context ever.

I believe the devs were too proud of their hard work on the map (it is certainly their most creative map so far), they know that many people enjoy it on a non-competitive level, they know it brings much needed diversity to the game mode, and so their decision to keep it in solo-queue was ultimately more of a sentimental one (“we feel it’s better to be there!”) than a logical one (where “it makes no sense to stay there as it is!”). P.S. I’m not trying to insult anyone here.

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

I’ve seen threads like these for a while, and if that many people are complaining about it, then it might be a good idea to remove it from the solo q.

IMO, it’s a fun map, and the skyhammer is pretty awesome. But the disappearing platforms can become annoying, especially when someone with a ton of control smashes you down into one. It can make it more about how much control/stability/boon strip you have, rather than skill and strategy. And while I understand that knocking someone off the edge may be a major part of some peoples’ strategy, I still think that it doesn’t promote fair gameplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I can imagine its not that annoying if youre not playing at the top of the ladder. Ppl in the top 500 will cheese it and they will cheese it as often as possible.

So you will end up in Skyhammer games where 3-4 ppl on the opposing team are build to pull or push you down. And unlike at lower ratings the pull or push downs (often from stealth) will be incoming constantly…and not just once or twice per game.

And since those ppl are better aswell, they whont kitten them up either. A pull from stealth (like the one i linked in this thread) is 100% uncounterable. Even the best player the game with razersharp reactionspeed + his hand on the stunnbreaker will not be able to avoid it.

So in the end its not really a pvp match….but more a push or pull minigame.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’ve decided that I will just not play it anymore until it is removed from solo queue. If it pops up, I will not ever join the game, and will just log out. Maybe ANET will start getting the message.

in PvP

Posted by: FKwrong.9104

FKwrong.9104

pvp at the moment is one major failure as it is. It’s easier for them to erase topics and ignore a crap ton of problems or pretend they don’t exist. If half a dozen internet builds can dominate over majority of others, there’s something wrong with the game.

Can’t save it with those lame rank-point weekends.

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

skyhammer requires smart positioning

Signed,

Decap Engineer with 5 knockbacks

It is saddening to see what “smart” positioning has been lowered to.
When you positioned yourself in a clever way before you would in effect be playing to your strenghts or to your opponents weakness by either taking high ground or forcing them into an engagement they do not want to take it has boiled down to “hurrdurr dont stand on edge haz knockbackz”

Not to mention the cannon itself is just a poor implementation of a feature that already exists and is vastly better on Kyhlo.

(edited by Lue.6538)