REVERT REAPER. Total BIASIZM

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.

The Blighters Boon nerf is stupidly crazy and unnecesary.

Its actual balanced scalling defense

1v1 necro cant do boons
2v2 u get a bit of boons

5x poeple hitting u? With no invulns its the least support 4x can do to babysit

• WHERE IS HEALING IN DS THEN?
  • WHY IS NECRO WORSE SELFISH BUFFER THAN OTHERS AOE? WHERE ARE THE NON S/SR/R BOONS AND SUPPORT
  • WHY CAN EVERYONE HAVE TRIPLE THE AIDS A NECRO IS ALLOWED
  • WHY IS CRAZY MORE REVENANT AND ABOUT SAME DRAGONHUNTER/CRONO, ALL GETTING ONLY 20-25% NERF
  • WHY IS SOLDIER ENGIE, ALREADY ESTABLISHED BUNKERKITEN, GETTING MORE TANKYNESS WITH A BROKEN NON SCALING PURE PASSIVE STEROIDED COPY OF NECRO DEFENSE TRAIT,
    YET AS SOON AS ONE GUY GOES NON-YOLO TO STAY COMPETITIVE, ITS RECORD TIME BALANCE?

Blighters boon is a joke name to a gutting massacre nerfbat and theyre repeating it.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I just hate how they made it so you need to run spite to get any use out of it at all, but thats just me.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Flumek.9043

Where is the viable GS glass then?

Heard even PVE mobs can interupt power necro slow casts

in PvP

Flumek.9043

I just hate how they made it so you need to run spite to get any use out of it at all, but thats just me.

Some long time ago,

Some optimists even dared to complain about being forced into DS degen reduction, thus only having 1x true traitline pick.

Now theres 0×.

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

although i dont agree with the way its writen (cmon dude, all caps title. srly?), i have to say that i want this change to get reverted aswell

The way it got changed is actually a buff to reaper in 1v1 (cele reaper—>more healing) but kills every team synergy. It is already hard to support a necro because of his deathshroud with heals. With HoT we finally got a trait to support Necros in teamfights, which they need for sure because of the lack of disengage. Sadly it only last 5 days. Every Synergy that reaper had with classes like ele,guardian and revenant got instantly killed.
So please anet revert that change

Edit: a way to revert the trait, but still nerfing it a bit, would be to cap the amout of procs per second from allies

(edited by Anti.9156)

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

If you wanted it back the way it was it would need to be nerfed like by 500% or more.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It indeed shelves Reaper even more into Spite, since just this traitline gives some reliable boon generation.

Like if Spite wasn’t superior to other specializations already and present in almost every build.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Can someone tell me how they nerfed it? Or direct me to the changes, please?

Edit: Nvm, was totally blind.

I don’t think the change was neededd at all, they totally killed the trait with it.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Yes this was stupid. I would have understood if they put a limit to how much you could get from it. Let’s say “max 10 procs every 5s”. But that was sad.

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

They didn’t totally kill the trait and it doesn’t hurt us 1v1 at all (which is why I initially thought it was fair) but I wasn’t taking into consideration how squishy the Reaper is in group fights compared to the already squishy vanilla Necromancer.

Will see tomorrow how much I was relying on my allies to stay alive in group fights on my Reaper. I don’t want to go back to Celestial Amulet. >.< I like Marauder.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

I don’t think the change was neededd at all, they totally killed the trait with it.

You don’t think it was needed ? Have you seen the go4cup ? oO

Stick a Herald next to a reaper, and he’s 100% of the time in shroud, the bar was never going down. :o

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Schurge.5194

Stick a Herald next to a reaper, and he’s 100% of the time in shroud, the bar was never going down. :o

You don’t balance the game around the top 1% of players in cash money situations.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

You don’t balance the game around the top 1% of players in cash money situations.

You balance the game around the best players.

If you think you shouldn’t do that, you know nothing about competitive game balancing.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Schurge.5194

You balance the game around the best players.

If you think you shouldn’t do that, you know nothing about competitive game balancing.

I know just about as much as you.

Reaper’s survivability was balanced. This nerf could potentially rid Reaper of it’s effectiveness in team fights (at least with non-Celestial, non Might-stacking builds). Just because tournament players are able to make their Reapers immortal by pairing them with one Herald does not mean most players can, let alone PUGers.

Blighter’s Boon was working as intended… at most it warranted an ICD from outside sources.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

Of course you balance around the best players. Like wtf are we gonna balance around a bunch of dumb solo q heros that still think chrono is op? Lol.

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Flumek.9043

Stick 2x any metabunkers and they wont go under 90%
or drop the focus the (soldier) necro mentality and go for the matader revenant.

P.s.
Yes i know reve is even more op actualy

in PvP

Schurge.5194

Of course you balance around the best players. Like wtf are we gonna balance around a bunch of dumb solo q heros that still think chrono is op? Lol.

You act like those are the only two options. You don’t balance around either of those two groups. Balancing around the 1% drops the skill ceiling, balancing around the drooling masses drops the skill floor.

Both sides have knowledge needed to take into consideration but neither gives the whole picture.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

How exactly does balancing around the top tier drop the ceiling? If anything it raises the ceiling by providing the top players an equal platflorm to compete on

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Necro main here.

I want to throw a tantrum like 6 year olds have but I’ve accepted long ago that we’re not allowed to have nice things.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

No, I don’t think the nerf was needed in this form. Adding some limitation to it, sure, but basing it on necro’s boons only? How does a necro get boons really.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Flumek, why are you SCREAMING? I agree w/ Pimsley. Don’t you know necros aren’t supposed to have nice things? And if they accidentally get one, it gets nerfed to uselessness.

Geez, some people never learn (roll eyes)

Yeah this nerf makes me want to punch a baby. I almost liked the reaper as much as I do the scrapper.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

No, I don’t think the nerf was needed in this form. Adding some limitation to it, sure, but basing it on necro’s boons only? How does a necro get boons really.

By running spite and autoattacking in deathshroud, thats the only guaranteed way to consistently proc it now, so you can’t really use it to build life force (the main draw of the pre-nerf version), only heal in shroud for a trivial value. Yeah theres siphoned power which helps, and some minor boon sources on really long cooldowns elsewhere, but you can’t use the trait to generate life force relaibly anymore, making reaper pigeonholed into soul reaping more than ever before to have enough life force management, and even pigeonholed into spite just to use blighter’s boon.. so reaper now has very kittenty build diversity in terms of traitlines.

Yeah you could run soldiers wilth reaper/SR and death or blood, but at that point you’re better off running the 15% attack speed trait, which should let you stomp faster if it works like the mesmer-scepter trait that gives the same type of bonus.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Schurge.5194

How exactly does balancing around the top tier drop the ceiling? If anything it raises the ceiling by providing the top players an equal platflorm to compete on

Google “skill ceiling.”

Balancing around the top tier – the people who squeeze more out of a class then anyone else – necessarily lowers (in the case of nerfs) what a class is capable of in all levels of game-play.

Look at the Elementalist… that nerf had virtually no effect on D/D Elementalists in most levels of PvP because most Elementalists weren’t good enough to make the class “OP” to begin with. All it did was restrict the best players but the majority of Elementalists were unaffected and the experiences of players having to fight one or more Elementalists every match didn’t see any change in the number of Elementalists or the difficulty he or she had killing them.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Necro is a 1v1 beast, but gets awful the more players there are around. By relying on allies boons, it allowed to improve necro in team fights, which is normally what reaper is designed around.

But thanks to this trait, necro is even stronger in 1v1, but still as bad in team fights.

GG!

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

If you’re looking for sources of boons outside of Shroud spec for Chilling Victory and Sigil of Strength.

Having those extra boons is useful for healing in Shroud too.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Honestly, what did people expect? I think when it was announced almost everyone knew it was gonna be nerfed, and now even moreso with the AoE boonspam

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

If you didnt run spite before and still took blighters boon then it only shows how OP it is cause that trait is like made for spite.
It was kinda obvious that its gonna get nerfed but it saddens that we lost ONLY way to unlock 5 important skills before going into fight.
IMO they should have added 1-2 second cooldown on ALLY boon life force and keep no CD on your own, but ye that would be just too complicated for anet to pull it off.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Was this trait strong in team fights? Sure but outside them it was kinda meh.

I’d rather see them reduce the life force gain to 1/2% and the healing to altruistic healing levels, after all that is what this trait is/was essentially, inverse AH.

Nice to see the nerf hammer and screams of OP are slowly sucking the fun out of the expansion already before anyone has time to adapt.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

what did u expected , everyone knew that they gonna nerf it becouse trait was way to strong , the only problem is that as always they simply overnerfed it making it not worth GM trait spot.

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

People still clinging to wanting to faceroll in team fights and focus the necro sigh.. 2nd class citizens as always. Was about to throw a tantrum too but I suddenly remembered what it was like being a necro and not reaper.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

If you didnt run spite before and still took blighters boon then it only shows how OP it is cause that trait is like made for spite.

If its made for spite, it should be a spite trait.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

It’s pretty weird that they would nerf a GM trait because it was OP when teamed with another player spamming boons.

If that’s the case, then we are going to see LOTS more nerfs incoming because you can take 2 professions and build tons of OP synergies if you really want to.

What’s pretty ironic is that they see a Necro in RS for a really long time due to a team mate’s specific profession/build, but they fail to look at the total picture. If this team mate is acting more as a buff bot, it’s also sacrificing in other areas to make the Necro super strong. It’s actually a big nerf to them and their spec choice too!

Also, do they look at how long other classes can survive being hit by many targets via invuln, evades, block, immunities AND the ability to escape via stealth/ports/blinks/etc. Heck, a mesmer can do all those things WITHOUT help from a buff bot AND they are the only profession that also has AI on top of those things and can do tons of damage while totally stealthed/invuln.

Now mesmers have AOE, on top of AI, stealth, 100% scaling defenses like invuln/evades. What if you pair a lockdown profession/build with their wells and survivability too. Is that going to get nerfed?

That’s just one example…Combine a lockdown team mate with a DH and their traps…Is that going to get nerfed too?

If a reaper with a buff bot teammate is OP, then expect to see many more synergy nerfs in the near future…assuming Anet is being consistent…

in PvP

Posted by: Hiki.9310

Hiki.9310

This trait made necros have some actual team play. Watching two Heralds support a reaper this sunday reminded me of the days when good teams use to bring two condi engis and a necro for epidemic. You don’t see synergy like that anymore. .. we need more traits like blighter’s boon, not less.

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” – Mallyx

in PvP

Posted by: Fhenrir.5297

Fhenrir.5297

If you wanted it back the way it was it would need to be nerfed like by 500% or more.

You won a fields medal didn’t you?

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

This trait made necros have some actual team play. Watching two Heralds support a reaper this sunday reminded me of the days when good teams use to bring two condi engis and a necro for epidemic. You don’t see synergy like that anymore. .. we need more traits like blighter’s boon, not less.

The problem is it did give us an incredible amount of sustain, and we knew it needed to be nerfed or something done to be brought in line. But this nerf is a horrible step in the wrong direction as it pushes necro and by extension reaper back into a selfish class roll. Reaper is fairly easy to kite as is, and the great thing from Blighter’s boon was the fact you could use your shroud to keep fighting, until your health got back to a point you could pop out of shroud again and start building up life force.

What bums me the most is that this could mean the end of our hopes of ever getting any actual heals while in shroud apart from the poultry amount from BB and blood magic. If they would even just let regeneration through shroud, I’d be happy. Just….something.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Necro main here.

I want to throw a tantrum like 6 year olds

Most necros