in PvP

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

its kittening up the game its not fun some clases are gog LIKE

REmove Celestial from pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

No way. The idea behind it is to be well rounded. You could do everything reasonably well instead of just doing one thing. Let’s say you’re running marauder and see a situation where good healing is called for, sorry, your heals are too weak for them to matter.

Celestial is a tradeoff, you don’t hit as hard as marauder or bunk as well as sentinel.

in PvP

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

ye and u got bunkers that heal tank and deal dmg and some clases can suck kitten they cant do the same kitten whit their skills and they gain nothing from that amulet and some are gods so no ty

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

No way. The idea behind it is to be well rounded. You could do everything reasonably well instead of just doing one thing. Let’s say you’re running marauder and see a situation where good healing is called for, sorry, your heals are too weak for them to matter.

Celestial is a tradeoff, you don’t hit as hard as marauder or bunk as well as sentinel.

This is exactly the problem with celestial though. Any other amulet you have to pick between a specific type of damage, or defense. Celestial has no trade off, yes you get less maxium stats but your get more of them total.

The hybrid damage is easily comparable to marauder and wanderers with tones of defensive stats. The healing power, armor and vital allow the celestial to easily push out most pure stats (berserker and viper) and still do high damage because those stats lack defense.

Currently the way conditions and power builds work, there is almost no reason not to take celestial unless your class has no use for the majority of the stats (see war and thief). Celestial stagnates build diversity and role specialization because its the best of all worlds.

It either needs to be removed or its stats be cut by a quarter to make other options attractive.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Or remove all the other amulets, make celestial mandatory and rebalance (for PvP only) accordingly with runes being the key player for stats since they’re small bonuses but still noticeable. This would make shift play more towards skill and situational awareness than builds.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Or remove all the other amulets, make celestial mandatory and rebalance (for PvP only) accordingly with runes being the key player for stats since they’re small bonuses but still noticeable. This would make shift play more towards skill and situational awareness than builds.

This would effectively remove half the classes from PvP, and keep the ones that have the most frustrating impact currently. Remember D/D ele? Oh look, celestial. Now look at the current meta-Oh look, celestial bunker mesmer. Celestial bunker tempest.

When one amulet is so consistently meta it shows a real problem with it.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

“This would effectively remove half the classes from PvP”

That’s why I qualified with major class rebalancing since without it I could see it being a problem, like retune some skills so base damage modifiers get reduced and buffed accordingly (PvP only, PvE versions will remain untouched.)

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Or how about the other way? Remove all amulets BUT the 3&4 stat amulets. Would that help with “diversity”?

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Or how about the other way? Remove all amulets BUT the 3&4 stat amulets. Would that help with “diversity”?

Remove everything that has more than 1 defensive stat! [/sarcasm]

Except seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I shouldn’t pull the ele card but as long as elementalist is available to play this amulet is not going anywhere. Like always forums are forgetting to ask for boon hate..think about it for a bit.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread