RIP REVENANT 2016

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Biklen.5490

Biklen.5490

I must say these changes are very rough for Power Revs. As soon as I read the patch notes I just poured me another glass…They KILL build diversity when they nerf things to the ground. I can see almost every Rev player switching over to Mallyx for the opening season. I put this video together in celebration of our loved POWER REV. You will be missed-2015-2016 Rest in Peace friend. We had a good run together.

~BalougaPOD

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

They won’t be missed.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Power rev will still be meta. Condi rev may or may not be.

Not much else to say.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Not much else to say.

from what theyve shown with necro and now revenant. they try to make kittenty builds good by nerfing the good builds. so this wont be the only nerf. is also like to know what staff brings. seeing as sotm was the only thing mildy useful on it. staff needs a buff now.

im bad at sarcasm

(edited by abaddon.3290)

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

Rev will still be meta, especially power rev…

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

jewishjoyride.4693

Not much else to say.

from what theyve shown with necro and now revenant. they try to make kittenty builds good by nerfing the good builds. so this wont be the only nerf. is also like to know what staff brings. seeing as sotm was the only thing mildy useful on it. staff needs a buff now.

Not sure what you’re talking about as Necro/Reaper has a pretty wide range of builds you can queue and win with.

Your statement about staff shows a pretty strong lack of understanding of how staff works, and how it synergizes with the rest of the build.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Actually this balance patch tried to improve build diversity, also power rev is not Dead at all

Parabrezza

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Before patch won’t hit servers and pro-revs won’t test changes we can’t say if rev is dead. Ele for example was gutted horribly in 2016 (probably it’s worst year ever to main ele) yet still effectively used in ESL.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

(edited by Mr Godlike.6098)

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

abaddon.3290

Not much else to say.

Not sure what you’re talking about as Necro/Reaper has a pretty wide range of builds you can queue and win with.

Your statement about staff shows a pretty strong lack of understanding of how staff works, and how it synergizes with the rest of the build.

sorry was referring to recent pve balance changes. ik ik different team same stance. this patch was supposed to be minor to “shake things up”. but please explain how staff synergizes well with the rest of the build. id love to know. all i know is its auto sucks staff 2 3 and 4 all suck. only redeeming quality is staff 5.

im bad at sarcasm

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Not much else to say.

sorry was referring to recent pve balance changes. ik ik different team same stance. this patch was supposed to be minor to “shake things up”. but please explain how staff synergizes well with the rest of the build. id love to know. all i know is its auto sucks staff 2 3 and 4 all suck. only redeeming quality is staff 5.

Staffs 2-4 aren’t bad. 3 is pretty kitten good as devensive skills go. 4 is nice in the right situations. And 2 can seriously kitten someone up if you land the chain propperly.

The auto attack is only moderate damage but it does offer some healing if you utilize the shards. (most people I know ignore them even when there’s 4-5 lying on the ground next to each other)

I think staff will be a good choice for a defensive/CC weapon. It just might not be a massive part of a 100-0 combo anymore. The CC alone from staff five will still be pretty kitten strong.

Ghost Yak

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Not much else to say.

Then you have no idea of the purpose or the history of Revs and their weapons, I’ll go over some parts for you.

Back at beta weekend for HoT Revenant had no weapon swap and only legend swap. The weapons were conceived to effectively take after a legend, mace/axe mallyx, sword/sword Shiro, hammer Jalis and staff ventari. It sort of worked but many said weapon swap felt needed and the devs agreed so they added weapon swap to the class. What they didn’t really do is redesign the weapons.

So onto the staff, it was meant to be a ventari legend weapon so it’s idea was healing and generally to assist allies. This is why the auto attack drops healing globes, it has a good block which also blinds on 3 and a blast finisher heal and cleanse on 4. The number 2 skill was meant as a punishment for attacking, the idea being the opponent will want to not attack so much so as to not activate the flip over high damage attack. The number 5 has always been the odd duck tbh the evade fit, the CC fit but the huge amount of damage it did (seen them hit for 10k+ back at HoT launch) was certainly not the intention.

Anyway the staff has lots going for it in defence, block/blind, a nice heal and cleanse with blast finished and the CC with evade frame is still there for setting people up for a strike. Power rev won’t be dead because of staff 5. Hope it helps as I doubt much of the history of its development is recorded too much unless you back track through a ton of beta weekend videos.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

another video of PvE level commentary on pvp

Darek.1836

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

So let me get this straight. Anet butchered thief and war when they released HoT to make spot for revs and they make revs stupidly overpowered. After 4 seasons devs finally attempt to bring revs that were broken for almost a year to other classes level and you call it RiP revs lol? THIS is what happens when you introduce broken class to promote sales and then forced to bring them down at some point – people got so used to broken class they thought it is normal and now they complain about changes they needed to happen.

Sry, but revs needed nerfs and probably will still remain one of the best picks in high tiers. You won’t find any sympathy from anyone but other rev mains that relied too much on the class being broken.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

So let me get this straight. Anet butchered thief and war when they released HoT to make spot for revs and they make revs stupidly overpowered. After 4 seasons devs finally attempt to bring revs that were broken for almost a year to other classes level and you call it RiP revs lol? THIS is what happens when you introduce broken class to promote sales and then forced to bring them down at some point – people got so used to be being broken they thought it is normal and now they complain about changes they needed to happen.

If the staff thief is a butchered class I hope they butcher power mesmer next.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Cynz.9437

So let me get this straight. Anet butchered thief and war when they released HoT to make spot for revs and they make revs stupidly overpowered. After 4 seasons devs finally attempt to bring revs that were broken for almost a year to other classes level and you call it RiP revs lol? THIS is what happens when you introduce broken class to promote sales and then forced to bring them down at some point – people got so used to be being broken they thought it is normal and now they complain about changes they needed to happen.

I guess you didn’t play last year and first 2 seasons. Please come back when you did some research and have some clue, ty. Also, staff thief is kind of a joke in higher tiers since it is very selfish and can be easily killed if you have bit of brains.

All is Vain~

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Sry, but revs needed nerfs and probably will still remain one of the best picks in high tiers. You won’t find any sympathy from anyone but other rev mains that relied too much on the class being broken.

After the patch the team with most Tempest and Druids stacked will won most of the matches. A new meta of tanky holders awaits.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Cynz.9437

After the patch the team with most Tempest and Druids stacked will won most of the matches. A new meta of tanky holders awaits.

English please? I am not quite sure what you are trying to say here.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

Wut!? Power mes? WTF is that? Is it some kinda of pve build?

Kawaleria (KW)

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Look as much as i think power rev Rest in Peace…I think we should wait till Tuesday and see what the other changes are going to be…

They might have nerfed power Rev because they might nerf a lot of class defensives. That being said…We are dealing with ANET the King slayer so we might just get nerfs and condi buffs…lol

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

Look as much as i think power rev Rest in Peace…I think we should wait till Tuesday and see what the other changes are going to be…

They might have nerfed power Rev because they might nerf a lot of class defensives. That being said…We are dealing with ANET the King slayer so we might just get nerfs and condi buffs…lol

They won’t add anything important besides that they published already. They won’t also change anything based on feedback. This is how it was with previous balance announcements before patch day so there is no reason to think they won’t do that again. They simply want avoid flood of rev nerf topics during season so we know about nerfs now. This is how Anet PR damage-control works.

Kawaleria (KW)

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

0 sympathy given to Revs.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Biklen.5490

They won’t add anything important besides that they published already. They won’t also change anything based on feedback. This is how it was with previous balance announcements before patch day so there is no reason to think they won’t do that again. They simply want avoid flood of rev nerf topics during season so we know about nerfs now. This is how Anet PR damage-control works.

I’ve been around long enough to know how these people think when they make updates…But with the new lead the direction they might take us could be different. Your most likely right..>BUT there is a chance…

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

Every rev player played another profession pre hot, so it should at least be easy to reroll if necessary.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

They already reduced Druid healing by more than 50% so I feel it is justified as is. Especially considering Rev is numero uno threat to Druid. After last patch, a moderately skilled Rev should eat Druid for breakfast.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

They won’t be missed.

This. Exactly this.
Still wonder why anet refused to nerf Unrelenting Assault, that has an unlimited gap closer range and can follow a Mesmer thru a portal over a 4000+ range effortlessly.
Worst balanced class ingame when it comes to the mechanic. Still.

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

They won’t be missed.

This. Exactly this.
Still wonder why anet refused to nerf Unrelenting Assault, that has an unlimited gap closer range and can follow a Mesmer thru a portal over a 4000+ range effortlessly.

I they shouldn’t. We’d that I love dumping Revs in a stranded area with Mesmer portal it is so great to strand them away from a contested node and such.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

abaddon.3290

They won’t be missed.

This. Exactly this.

comments like this have proven to me that no one on the forums actually wants balance. they just want their classes buffed and others classes nerfed.

im bad at sarcasm

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

SuperduperMLGbsns.9345

They won’t be missed.

This. Exactly this.

I they shouldn’t. We’d that I love dumping Revs in a stranded area with Mesmer portal it is so great to strand them away from a contested node and such.

You misstaken something here. I was taking this example to show how poorly this skill was designed. The thing is that it can nullify every single skill that is meant to disengage. And dont your dare to tell me that a super quick gap closer chain without any limitations is not out of every sanity. And I didnt even mention the evasion..

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.

(edited by SuperduperMLGbsns.9345)

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Chungo.3169

Chungo.3169

A minute of silence…

Being main rev I am already thinking of flying to another place, where hopefully do not indulge in satiety with abusive changes and little diversity of construction.

let’s pray

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Cameron.6215

Cameron.6215

Change title to “RIP BAD REVS 2016”

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Yay! Now a well played SotM won’t do half my hp while CCing me! But don’t worry, those 1-2k AAs will still be around!

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I don’t think rev. is immediately worthless, although people here often make emotional decisions rather than logical ones (that is why ANet usually has to over-buff something before people start playing it).

Rev still has great damage, and the most hard mitigation of any class. That alone will keep it a contender for dps roles. Condi weakness will continue to be a challenge, but same as before, they will still be able to dish out tons of damage when given a little support.

I would suspect you start seeing some more buffs to rev in the future now that some of the broken stuff isn’t insanely OP anymore.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Cava.7254

Cava.7254

They won’t be missed.

This. Exactly this.

I disagree at this point. As much as i hate Revs current Powerlevel, Unrelenting Assault is the only skill in the Game, which counters Portal.

Counterplay to unique classmechanics are needed and keeps every game more healthy, just like reveal for stealth as example.

Also Portal is on the level of an elite skill so be happy that its not, but thats another story.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Finally I can earn some respect for playing rev.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Now we find out who’s playing rev for the class and who’s playing it to be op.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Biklen.5490

I find it very draining when I read comments that are filled with peoples egos + tears.

People that are really happy about Rev nerfs and cry it was “OP” are the ones that got rektd by them and found themselves not being able to do the same when playing it.

REV was VERY STRONG in Season 1, but so was Druid, NECRO, MESMER, ELE, GUARDIAN, & ENGI.

Season 2-4 Warrior+Thief got in the picture and really did well.

NOW I understand people say Rev was OP and broken. But every class was insanely strong since HoT release (excluding warrior S01). The only way Rev was going to thrive in the past seasons was too be “OP” in its own form.

I find it very draining coming on here and seeing so many toxic comments.
GW2 is barely viewed as a competitive MMO & really nobody in this “league” can argue that.

You want to get Legendary…Go get it…Almost anybody can do it grinding it hard enough. From the BEST player to the worst…There is VERY little to show for it…(YES the patch might fix the current system, but we will see when that happens);

So if you decide to play REV this season or the next flavor of the month. Be sure to keep in mind. This is a game and its suppose to be fun. So do exactly that…Log into your game and play the next fun class. Rev nerfs might not make this class that much fun anymore. I understand and don’t let these “ALPHA REV’s” tell your otherwise.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

lucadiro.4519

They didn’t change cooldown or Energy cost of staff 5 or sword 2… So if you had fun before, and I had a lot with rev, you will still have fun after the nerf since they doesn’t change the way you play it.
Revenant will still be a strong pick, since it still has very good cc, very good mobility, very good damage and very good hard mitigation.

Parabrezza

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

lucadiro.4519

Also you say people cry in comments while you cry in the whole video because OMG RIP REVENANT 2016 50% NERF

Parabrezza

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

jewishjoyride.4693

I find it very draining when I read comments that are filled with peoples egos + tears.

People that are really happy about Rev nerfs and cry it was “OP” are the ones that got rektd by them and found themselves not being able to do the same when playing it.

REV was VERY STRONG in Season 1, but so was Druid, NECRO, MESMER, ELE, GUARDIAN, & ENGI.

NOW I understand people say Rev was OP and broken. But every class was insanely strong since HoT release (excluding warrior S01). The only way Rev was going to thrive in the past seasons was too be “OP” in its own form.

GW2 is barely viewed as a competitive MMO & really nobody in this “league” can argue that.

You want to get Legendary…Go get it…Almost anybody can do it grinding it hard enough. From the BEST player to the worst…There is VERY little to show for it…(YES the patch might fix the current system, but we will see when that happens);

So if you decide to play REV this season or the next flavor of the month. Be sure to keep in mind. This is a game and its suppose to be fun. So do exactly that…Log into your game and play the next fun class. Rev nerfs might not make this class that much fun anymore. I understand and don’t let these “ALPHA REV’s” tell your otherwise.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat are you doing?

No seriously man. What is this post? You are telling people to keep the new season and patch notes in perspective? You are saying that people making wildly biased judgments on a class is toxic?

Why did you start this thread? Why did you open with commentary you are now calling out as toxic?

I appreciate that you play this game for fun, and that as part of your fun you like to make youtube content and stream on twitch. That’s awesome. But if you don’t want a thread full of snap judgments then don’t start one proclaiming your snap judgments.

TLDR, you start a thread that is driven by your ego and tears, and then complain when people respond with ego and tears. If you want objective discussion, then speak objectively.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat are you doing?

No seriously man. What is this post? You are telling people to keep the new season and patch notes in perspective? You are saying that people making wildly biased judgments on a class is toxic?

Why did you start this thread? Why did you open with commentary you are now calling out as toxic?

I appreciate that you play this game for fun, and that as part of your fun you like to make youtube content and stream on twitch. That’s awesome. But if you don’t want a thread full of snap judgments then don’t start one proclaiming your snap judgments.

TLDR, you start a thread that is driven by your ego and tears, and then complain when people respond with ego and tears. If you want objective discussion, then speak objectively.

I dont understand this reply…I don’t understand what you want me to say…Just like everybody on this forum, i put my 2 cents in…What I find toxic and draining is based on my own thoughts and experiences.

Also if you are hurt because I called some people toxic on a thread than please try to avoid our channel/posts all together..You might really be offended there with the things you may hear….

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Also you say people cry in comments while you cry in the whole video because OMG RIP REVENANT 2016 50% NERF

I feel like most people had a good laugh watching that video…If you did not…Well your probably sitting on a long sharp object and might wanna hop off before you read this next comment. L2 joke bro / L2 laugh a bit bro / L2 unclinch them cheeks bro, they seem pretty tense.

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Just like how we saw who continued Ele (after the D/D cele nerf) because they liked the class and not because it was OP. Also who continued to play Necro after the nerfs.

Its the same for every single Flavor of the Month class. There will always be some who like playing the class, but also a ton of players who are playing just because its OP/high reward low risk.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

i will keep playing revenant, and i will play it power spec, anet wont be able to force me in easy condi play! I will just have to block every people in my team cuz of the hate on me using an UP class, but i will stay away from the condi dark side!!

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I don’t understand how the nerfs will make playing Rev any less fun. It’s been long known that Staff 5 and Sword 2 do obscene damage.

It’s not easy to be good at Rev, but when you are good at it, it’s a very rewarding profession to play. Shout out to all the real Rev mains

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Someone gets it.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Someone gets it.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

i will keep playing revenant, and i will play it power spec, anet wont be able to force me in easy condi play! I will just have to block every people in my team cuz of the hate on me using an UP class, but i will stay away from the condi dark side!!

Play Vipers instead of Carrion, you won’t have to be on the dark side :>

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

lucadiro.4519

Just like how we saw who continued Ele (after the D/D cele nerf) because they liked the class and not because it was OP. Also who continued to play Necro after the nerfs.

Its the same for every single Flavor of the Month class. There will always be some who like playing the class, but also a ton of players who are playing just because its OP/high reward low risk.

No, it is not the same thing man.
I always played Ele, sure I played D/D cele but also staff cele and mostly S/F fresh air, but when hot came out it change totaly the way to play Ele.
Tempest pushed out a different way to play Ele, Ele was a Dynamic class, a bruiser with d/d cele or a burst spec with sf, but the power creep introduced with HoT just oblitarated both… Making tempest healbot the only viable spec, with a boring gameplay.
A lot of people that loved Ele had reroll to other classes not because Ele get nerfed but because they didn’t like tempest playstyle at all.
So no it not the same thing. Revenant still has the same playstyle and it will still have it after nerf

Parabrezza

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

lucadiro.4519

I feel like most people had a good laugh watching that video…If you did not…Well your probably sitting on a long sharp object and might wanna hop off before you read this next comment. L2 joke bro / L2 laugh a bit bro / L2 unclinch them cheeks bro, they seem pretty tense.

Joking or not you just cried the whole time pushing out negative judgment about the future of revenant and then you complained about the fact people are telling you that revenant will be fine.
In italy we say something like “you throw the rock then you try to hide the hand”.

Btw don’t worry for me, I’m sit on a confortable chair and my cheeks are Pretty relaxed, and I can’t wait for season to have fun with my rev

Parabrezza

RIP REVENANT 2016

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Joking or not you just cried the whole time pushing out negative judgment about the future of revenant and then you complained about the fact people are telling you that revenant will be fine.
In italy we say something like “you throw the rock then you try to hide the hand”.

Btw don’t worry for me, I’m sit on a confortable chair and my cheeks are Pretty relaxed, and I can’t wait for season to have fun with my rev

“Facepalm” You don’t really seem to get it…..

You know when you watch a movie and the actor cries?

Like for example I am sure you remember the love story between JACK and ROSE in the movie “Titanic.” They both where acting like they where freezing in the water and crying but in reality they where sitting on a studio set acting. See this is kinda how this works with me..I make a video and I pretend to be in the middle of the Arctic crying about Rev changes. We Americans find it funny. But in Italy it is very hard to poop because of all the cheesy pizza your country feeds people. So I understand you might not find too many things funny. Tier 1 poop is very important to your people.