Ragequitting in tPvP-requesting Anet response

in PvP

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Just had this terrible tPvP game today. Within a minute it was 4v5, after a few minutes it was 3v5 and then the rest just gave up.

Rage quitting is a major issue. It happens like every third match. Is ANet aware of this problem? Are you going to address it in any foreseeable future by implementing some kind of penalty or at least discouraging this activity? In opinion of many players it rots the tPvP scene to a greater extent than poor matchmaking or premades vs random.

PS. Oh, and the opposite team were premade, FYI.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Enferian.2705

Enferian.2705

I totaly agree, a penalty for people who leave tpvp matches is mandatory.
Also there should be a “report afk” option in tournaments and if someone is found to be afk he should get the same penatly as if he left the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

The better system which was in place before; Tournament tickets if you paid tickets in you stuck around.. but now no tickets no reason to not just leave…

Every system has downsides though, like, there was no solo que.. because you’d be crazy to que with your hard earned tickets alone..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Enferian.2705

Indeed the system with tournament tickets was better in that aspect.

With this system though I think something as simple as ‘if u leave/are reported afk’:
-‘you cant participate in any tournament game for the next 15-20 mins’
or
-‘you get no rewards from your next tournament win’
or
-‘you cannot gain glory/rank points for the next X mins’
could help a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Or, you know, fix the matchmaking “system”.

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I detest rage quitting from games and I never do that even if I see we are going to get stomped hard. But in some way I excuse people doing this. At least for as long as the premade vs. PUG fest will continue. I understand that someone may loose the grip when being repeatedly farmed by premades without any hopes of winning the match.

in PvP

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

I agree, something must be done to address this issue. There are numerous possible approaches…but something must be done.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

So, make entering a tournament cost glory. A win nets you some bonus glory + the fee and a lose gives you back the fee and an unfaithful betrayal removes 3x the fee glory (possible to de rank players).

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

There response is probably something along these lines “If your not in top 100 on leaderboards or have been on sotg we don’t care about you”

People that are on the sotg don’t care about solo que.

in PvP

Posted by: beastahead.9732

beastahead.9732

I do have a suggestion as well. If someone ragequits or goes AFK for the first time the penalty should be 15-20 min. Then if there is a second offence it goes to up to 1 hour. On the third offence it is up to 6 hours. The debuff restricts you from entering any kind of spvp, tpvp, wvwvw or dungeons. The penalty counter resets every day, with the daily resets.

EDIT: Also the debuff stays on you when you logout, just like the buffs.

(edited by beastahead.9732)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I do have a suggestion as well. If someone ragequits or goes AFK for the first time the penalty should be 15-20 min. Then if there is a second offence it goes to up to 1 hour. On the third offence it is up to 6 hours. The debuff restricts you from entering any kind of spvp, tpvp, wvwvw or dungeons. The penalty counter resets every day, with the daily resets.

The first time it should never punish a player. Because you can have a dc once or something of that nature. Second time should be fine.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Till they make an effort at balancing classes, there will always be an excessive numbers of rage quitters.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Till they make an effort at balancing classes, there will always be an excessive numbers of rage quitters.

Balance is actually the least of the game’s issues.
Most of the ‘in’ specs are comparable, I mean short of warriors.

The problem is that the game doesn’t play well.
The devs don’t have the mindset to make good PvP, they have no foresight and they know it, they refuse to do anything rash because they’re not sure what would happen. That’s good that the devs know their flaws, but also means that they should clearly see that they shouldn’t be devs for an MMO…

• Not being able to do anything but throw out minor or half complete changes and wait months watching to see if its a ‘good’ change or not… cripples a game’s progress.
  • Having no clear concept of what makes a PvP game good… makes these slow patches bring little->no progress, it stagnates the game.

GW1 only made it because it tossed out so many skill combinations that by shear overwhelming odds, a number of well made setups would arise from the heaps and heaps of crap they tossed into the game.

Anyways, GW2 is a complete tragedy.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Nah. That can’t be a problem.

Attachments:

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

(edited by Treeline.3865)

in PvP

Posted by: TheFiendishFiend.4057

TheFiendishFiend.4057

How are we supposed to take a system seriously that doesn’t even have serious repercussions for abandoning a tournament level team? It not only debases the occasional match’s quality, it dilutes the level of competition.

I never want to see another 500-0 Match again in my life, even when I’m on the winning side. At that point, winning consistently is no longer about skill, it’s about being blessed by the matching making gods, or crushing everything with a premade.

~Lion~
Bearer of Tyrion’s Personal Banner, and[BOMB] GvG Officer

in PvP

Posted by: FlamingForce.6389

FlamingForce.6389

As long as winning or losing is based entirely on matchmaking “RNG” I see absolutely no problems with quitting a game that is clearly lost anyway.

If there are going to be repercussions for leaving the game, atleast give us something like a “Surrender” button, there’s no point in forcing people to waste their time in a game they’ve clearly lost.

in PvP

Konrad.9587

I’m so glad we can experience that kitten exciting living story and new festivals are added. We don’t have to deal with rage quitting and 2v5 matches in tPvP, we can do something fun instead!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Kugkug.8795

Kugkug.8795

yeah peeps don’t play to be bored/irritated being farmed an entire game

you get your win, they don’t have to suffer being destroyed all game

ask for better matchmaking

basically you want people to sit there an be farmed by you because you love doing it. Doubt you will get much support for that.

in PvP

Konrad.9587

Improving matchmaking is always nice, but how can you excuse those who run away after a slightest misfortune and enjoy fighting only when the odds are in their favour?

(edited by Konrad.9587)

in PvP

Enferian.2705

+1 Konrad

basically you want people to sit there an be farmed by you because you love doing it. .

Basically i want people to stay and fight, not give up and leave after the other team wins the first fight at the middle and gets a 50 point headstart.

I m not asking people to stay in a match so unbalanced that is going to end 500-0 anyway. I m talking about matches that even in 4vs5 end with a score of 500-300 or so. Matches that would at least be interesting if they were 5v5.

In a game a few weeks ago someone went to destroy the enemy treb, got his a * * kicked by the mesmer manning it, got mad, called us noobs in chat and left… We lost with a score at around 400-450.

Also i dont think anyone in tournaments cares about farming… if someone wants to farm for whatever reason he can hop in a hot join, u get more glory and rank points there in my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

arenanet just need to fix the broken matchmaking system and make a solo/random vs solo/random tpvp sign up and a premade vs premade tpvp sign up then people will stop to go afk/leave whatever…….on top they need to add a ranking ladder for solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: FAZZ.6194

FAZZ.6194

Also there should be a “report afk” option in tournaments and if someone is found to be afk he should get the same penatly as if he left the game.

Do you remember that there is real humans behind screens. Should i get banned if an important call comes, if someone ring the door, if baby is crying, If my cpu crashes or connection drops, etc….

What Anet have to do:

Just make Ranked Tournament and not Ranked Tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

Do you remember that there is real humans behind screens. Should i get banned if an important call comes, if someone ring the door, if baby is crying, If my cpu crashes or connection drops, etc….

What Anet have to do:

like u said real humans that they really dont care whats going on in your real life .. u play or u dont enter u should get a penalty such as lockdown and it should increase if u keep doing it.
and the ranked or not ranked .. what if i wana play unranked with some randoms and some dude is like “nah dude i gotta take care of my baby he is crying” and he afk 99% of the match, no1 knows that dude no1 cares about that dude or his baby he is just kittening up the entire match therefore that guy should get at least locked from tpvp… not like some1 said in other thread like a day or something, no something like 30-20mins

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

What Anet have to do:

false positives are acceptable if the cure is beneficial for the whole community.
It sucks to be banned from tournaments for 15 minutes because the dog tripped over the network cable, but if that means that we’ll all be facing less ragequitters, so be it :/

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Easy fix.

Make the tournaments are only accessible to players in a full group. This will help lessen the chances for people quitting, everyone else plays in the hotjoins.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in PvP

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Or, you know, fix the matchmaking “system”.

^This!

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Easy fix.

Make the tournaments are only accessible to players in a full group. This will help lessen the chances for people quitting, everyone else plays in the hotjoins.

lol, no. That is the fastest way to kill a game

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Konrad.9587

Ragequitting is not the only issue of the PvP community. Here is another act of kittenbagery. This petty person died in the very beginning and went afk for the rest of the match with such petty excuse.

This is yet another reason why PvP players are leaving GW2, solo queue in its current state is just more frustrating than fun.

Attachments:

(edited by Konrad.9587)

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

You all do realize this is a problem with any PvP game right?

Has no one here played DOTA2, HoN or any similar game? NONE of those systems stop people from akitteng or rage quitting. Its just something that is going to happen no matter what the devs do to stop it, you cant change human nature.

That being said, they should absolutely add a surrender button and make quitters wait 2x as long in the Queue like DOTA2 does. This will only lessen the rage quits however since NOTHING will change human nature.

in PvP

Konrad.9587

Well yes, it may be human nature, it may be a problem of many other games, but does it mean it should be accepted or tolerated? I believe ArenaNet is capable of developing effective tools against rage quitting and leavers, but the very first step is acknowledging the issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

it will only get worse… Profession balance has gone down the drain with this patch and at the speed A-net does things it is going to take another 6 month to get it at the point we were last week so ppl will get frustrated by being steamrolled by a team with the most Necros / Mesmer / Guardians in it and will rage quit more and more so…

Get useto it