Raid on the capricorn, just get rid of the map.

in PvP

Posted by: MaxChaos.3825

MaxChaos.3825

Yes jimmy, I do believe you. You can be sneaky, tactical and very mature – by capping the ruins and hodling them by yourself. You and the sharks can whack and smack any 1 or 2 opponents dumm enough to come nearby, while the “surface” zergs trade each others points – thus winning the game by holding 2 points.
Now I’ll slip the secret why this works:
Half the players don’t give a kitten (yes, I actually wrote a “kitten”) about wining – and they will get much more glory by zerging. More than half the players simply refuse to go underwater, because its pretty boring. And guys like you, keeping and holding the ruins for teh win are pretty rare, since u sadly end up with 50 or so honor.

in PvP

Posted by: Rhydian.5412

Rhydian.5412

The underwater combat is my main gripe, I feel like my spec is totally useless underwater, my skills are not reflected at all. There are things that bother me about trying to kill someone in the water, like when you come above water for air you cannot attack , no you have to get back under that water to spam you underwater attacks, also not every class is created equal in the water, some classes avoid it like the plague.

in PvP

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

I do like this map, but I understand the qq about the sharks. If they remove the sharks, this could enter the tournament rotation. Underwater PvP is fine, it may be not totally balanced but neither is land combat. That’s no reason to remove it.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The sharks are obnoxious, that’s true.

I’ve decided to ignore the water part of that map completely and just focus on land-battles, despite thieves being pretty OP underwater.

I could live with 1-2 sharks…..but the waters are infested with them. It’s pretty stupid.

I don’t understand why ALL PVP DESIGNERS seem to have this uncanny obsession with adding gimmicky features to their PvP maps.

Give us Capture the Flag, King of the Hill or Last man Standing if you want to spice up PvP. But don’t go filling maps with stupid NPCs are other gimmicky mechanics.

in PvP

Posted by: jimmyimo.2089

jimmyimo.2089

Yes jimmy, I do believe you. You can be sneaky, tactical and very mature – by capping the ruins and hodling them by yourself. You and the sharks can whack and smack any 1 or 2 opponents dumm enough to come nearby, while the “surface” zergs trade each others points – thus winning the game by holding 2 points.
Now I’ll slip the secret why this works:
Half the players don’t give a kitten (yes, I actually wrote a “kitten”) about wining – and they will get much more glory by zerging. More than half the players simply refuse to go underwater, because its pretty boring. And guys like you, keeping and holding the ruins for teh win are pretty rare, since u sadly end up with 50 or so honor.

I’m fully aware of that as stated in this post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Point-system-is-broke/

in PvP

Posted by: Prince.3682

Prince.3682

I don’t like it either. I stick with tourneys but when I’m messing about in hot join I will generally leave a match when that map pops. At least allow opting out of this map from hot join rotation.

in PvP

Posted by: Sindahend.3497

Sindahend.3497

To be honest at firs i felt the same way as the OP. But after a good number of matches I began not detesting this map as much as I did. Sharks are annyoing. However I found out that I can kill 2 shark befor the defenders take notice then I won’t aggro them when I engage. And if you manage to get the defender out of the point (which somtimes just happens when defender is careless) you can easily neutralise the point at which point the waters becomes equally dangerous for everyone. I admit it’s still easy to defend. Thats why I am alway heading to the ruins at start. And in a lot of cases after you defended it well the enemy just simply won’t bother to go in next time. Still it’s kinda starange since this is the only cap point in the game at which you can actually stay to def.
The worst thing that everyone gets invu from one snip of fresh air. I can barely kill anyone underwater. And even if I do they are usually one inch away form the shore and I got lucky. This is something that annoying for both the drowning guy and the attacker.

Because they deserve it!

in PvP

Posted by: Chrysalis.5983

Chrysalis.5983

Such. a. bad. map.

Seriously, it takes a good 3-4 people to dislodge ONE GUY holding the Ruins. Whoever takes Ruins first often wins the map simply because the ‘respawn zerg’ should be able to take and hold the point closest to respawn while threatening the other point, and the ruins guy can handle anything short of a full blown zerg thrown at him. The map turns into this boring slugfest where only two points ever really get contested because SHARKS DO SO MUCH DAMAGE HOLY CRAP WHY

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Nerf Sharks make the cannon harder to use make like a sorta boss mob inside the pirate ship that grants a buff on last hit. That will cause the team to split up and would add a much needed element to the map.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Buuren.5410

Buuren.5410

I leave as well, this needs to be taken out or at least let us pick what we can que for

in PvP

Posted by: DangerMonkey.3158

DangerMonkey.3158

cannon is hardly the problem, it’s so easy to counter on your way to the beach/dock.

They should get rid of the ruins, put the point on the ship and make it so you have to get to the ship from under the water. The sharks being on a team is ridiculous. All I do on that map is rush ruins, and hold it all game. you can take 3-4 players on your own simply because of the sharks.

Or replace all sharks with one megadalon that needs a couple of people to take down

Fear me! For I am the dangerous primate!
Rank 1X SneekyTheef (T), Wizzizard (M), Gerdierhn (G)
Builds:http://www.gw2builds.org/user/dangermonkey

(edited by DangerMonkey.3158)

in PvP

Posted by: Tallman.5193

Tallman.5193

Quick Fix:

1. Add a stomp or method of finishing people quickly underwater. At the very least, remove the invulnerability window that happens when people hit the surface.

2. Sharks don’t defend the point, only the open water.

Map is fixed, good to go.

Briggs – Wolf PvP-Tier Engineer, Champion Genius, Mercenary

Representing Legit Guild [LG] for life on Fort Aspenwood. Send me a tell in-game!

in PvP

Posted by: Bloodyx.5946

Bloodyx.5946

least favorite map T_T ANET, you need to give up ROOM to fight in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

worst map ever. Nothing more needs to be said.

in PvP

Posted by: Redbyte.4897

Redbyte.4897

I really dont understand all hype about this map, for me its one of my favourite i love the water based combat, if anything i’d love to see alot more water based combat in future.
I agree the sharks hit abit hard especially when grouped but way i see it, its a team based game. :S I personally havent had any problem dealing with the sharks though.

in PvP

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

I can’t stand this map.
I generally dislike random and pve elements but been able to tolerate and even enjoy them on the other maps, not this one oh no, i litterally go “oh godkitten#8221; every time it pops up and leave.
Not beeing able to stomp people underwater is just adds salt to the wound.

Also it’s frickin tiny and hitting the rocks when you leave your spawn point and getting into combat ain’t too plesant either.

You know, in can’t think of a single thing i like about this map other than it looks nice ,has a pirate ship and atleast attemts to implement underwater combat.

in PvP

Posted by: Krands.4369

Krands.4369

I really enjoy this map once you get ahang of the underwater combat it´s alot of fun.

in PvP

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Worse map indeed , and it has the smallest layout imo. Hoping for more maps soon.

play hard , go pro.

in PvP

Posted by: MaxChaos.3825

MaxChaos.3825

As it seems, some players really like this map. And much more truly resent it.
So why thou make us play, what we hate? A response Anet, please – we will not let go.