Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

posting this because of forum weirdness

EDIT: Ok that seemed to unbreak the thread

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Has too much spammable CC and the damage is too high for the CC it has. It only serves to show how broken CC is in this game because you don’t have to time your CC at all. CC just overwrites so you aren’t punished for mistiming a CC.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Rampage may be strong 1v1 but its an elite.. It should be.

Anndd it can be moa’d.

Besides, in its current form it is now actually worth caring about without being overbearing. Before it was laughable.

You know the problem is that other classes do not have access to such a powerful elite. Look at eles for example, Tornado is probably one of the worst transforms this game has. They either need to buff all of the elites or nerf Rampage to put them in line. But honestly all these zerkers warriors just count on Rampage to win fights, which is kinda dumb if you ask me.

I agree. But then look at lich. Who’d win, Rampage War or Lich Necro?

1v1? Rampage wins, no question about that. Lich Form won’t stand up 5 seconds.

Trust me. I tested this.

And:

Rampage is fine as it is

The balance king has spoken.

/thread

Move out, folks.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

I’m not the best player in the game but I’m very, very far from being the worst. I faced a bunch of warriors using Rampage since the patch, and in my experience, it seems fine. Sure, it’s strong, it’s scary. But not overly oppressive. It seems to be what a elite should feel. So I’m okay with this.

Also, this came from playing ele and thief. So I don’t know from personal experience how the other classes would feel to play against.

Pumpkin – Mag

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Rampage, the only absolute only reason that Radioactive did as well as they did against ApeX this last weekend.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

During our OMFG 5 Mesmer PvP session last week, we were rupting/locking down rampage. It was one part funny, one part sad :p

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Mesmer is basically the hard counter to rampage, stealth to wait it out, blink to get out of reach on a ledge, blinds spam to make you unstunlockable, and the cherry on top of the cake moa. Most of the other classes on the other hand, get wrecked by rampage unless they have a few select cooldowns available to them.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Rampage is fine imo it has many counters(blind,moa,condis).

However, I’d low a bit its damage(it hits so hard and unlike lich, it has strong cc and high mobility) and the ability to stomp targets, that’s all.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Rampage is balanced it’s what elites are meant to be “ELITE” when used at the right moment they are rewarding. Thank you anet for making warrior a warrior yes high risk rewarding profession.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

It definitely does. It just has way to much of everything and still doesn’t cancel current stance effects used prior to activation. You can’t just let one elite not only have good damage but mobility, tons of cc, large health pool and defense increase. It’s just one of those things that was buffed more and more over time until a big patch hits like the last one and now its just too much and wasn’t brought down to compensate.

Säïnt

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Rampage is balanced it’s what elites are meant to be “ELITE” when used at the right moment they are rewarding. Thank you anet for making warrior a warrior yes high risk rewarding profession.

The only thing that needs some slight adhusting on Rampage is the damage.

Going to investigate more, but I finally ran into a Warrior abusing it. The Warrior Rampaged, I went on the defensive, things were going well, using death shroud to soak up damage, then it happened. While in Death Shroud witb about half a bar, I was knocked into downstate. Was completely shocked. In 2 hits from Rampage, the Rush and the Rock Throw, I took 20 thousand damage!

So yeah, not all Rampages are htting this hard, seems you have to spec for it, but the damage does need some adjusting. Other than that the skill is fine.

On a final note, would like to point out that nothing on the Warrior is “high risk.” I mean, do Warriors even know what it’s like to have to decide it’s time to use a heal?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

On a final note, would like to point out that nothing on the Warrior is “high risk.” I mean, do Warriors even know what it’s like to have to decide it’s time to use a heal?

That doesn’t make something high risk. Guards only real heal counter is unblockable CC, thiefs withdraw heal has no counter, Ele’s main heal is just as passive as warriors…All they do is spam spells randomly and it serves its purpose.
…and so on.

If a zerker warrior messes up against another zerker, they’re toast. Mesmer on the other hand, has blinds, invulnerable, evades, invis, clone spam…Guards have a ton of sustain too from their multitude of aegis spam, blinds and blocks/invuls. A zerker warrior can take few more hits than other zerkers while against another zerker, but they lack any and all mechanics that help to evade damage entirely. They either win their fight, or they die trying. Most other classes can escape. Greatsword used to be a good escape tool for warrior, but they really nerfed the mobility of it with the most recent balance patch…

Endure pain gives warrior some leeway but pvp in its current form, conditions are enough to completely wreck a zerker warrior.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Genesis.7693

Genesis.7693

The people here that can’t draw parallels between Rampage and Lich amuse me.
1. Lich doesn’t deal more damage than rampage. Not after the 30% damage buff.
2. Lich lasts 5 seconds less compared to rampage unless traited for a WHOPPING 2 extra seconds of duration compared to what it was prepatch.
3. Lich can actually be stunlocked since it only has 1 stack of stab. Only realistic way of stunning rampage is with a boon strip.
4. Rampage has skills that can be used in multiple ways, either for stunlocking a single target, interrupting multiple targets or even using it for a burst of mobility to escape or chase. Eg #5 and then #3.
5. “Blinds and other condis counter rampage” I find it nice how everyone conveniently forgets that any half decent warrior will just use Berserker Stance and Endure pain and now, some even throw in frenzy for the quickness BEFORE going into rampage to make themselves practically invulnerable to CC, damage AND conditions for a good 1/2 of the duration of rampage which essentially is as close to god-mode this game can get. Literally the ONLY viable counter is Moa, but then again. You can moa anyone at anytime and now with the fact that Moa is a signet you can just pay attention and dodge it with the big tell it has.

I play both warrior and necro and without a doubt a zerker warrior in rampage will just walk all over a power necro in Lich form.

Rampage needs the same treatment Necro’s Lich form got. Lower potency of skills, lower duration that can be brought up if traited. As it is rampage is literally an “Oh kitten button” that baddies use to actually get kills on zerker warrior.

Edelweíss – Necro Exclusive

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

’it’s OP because they used three utilities and an elite together and it was strong’

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

Yeah Rampage really has a massive risk/reward factor, rofl… Click elite, faceroll skills…???…Profit !

Enjoy your iWin button while it lasts.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

I still have to lose duel against a rampage warrior, i am actualy running berserker and popping endure pain when he rampage and /dance in his face. Then running away with rush GS and coming back in 10 seconds to kill him.
i’ve seen also many usage in team plays, i’m usualy not worried when i got killed by a rampage warri, cuz i know after 15 sec when i will respawn he will be in troubles and i will be in advantage for 2 minutes.

Also people talking about warrior not beeing an high risk high reward only show bad knowledge of the game. Actualy first target in a team fight should be the warrior, is the class with less subsistence, but people are still stick in old concept high base armor/vitality = high subsistence, that is completely wrong in the current meta, where subsistence is given by game mechanics, evades block and utility usage. That’s why in most team fight, if you try to target warrior instead of that mesmer/ele/ranger that are feeling so easy to burst but are not cuz of their evade/regen/blind/condi spam/distortion/stealth, you would win more easily.

You dont believe it? try berserker warrior, you will find that you are playing only on those 20 seconds XD.
You running Rampage with soldier runes? i’m happy, i will pop stab and /dance in your face or just ignore you and kill others people, cuz i know you cant deal enough damage.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Some skills need to be toned down. OP skills:
Rampage doing 6k hits with every attack + perma stability, if 3/5 hits you are probably dead. – Check
Lich form doing 6-7k hits with autoattack. – Check
Necro Life blast doing 5k hits pressing auto. – Check
Necro down state dmg pressing auto plus aoe. – Check
Mesmers burst 20k in 2 sec. – Check
Warrior skills doing 4-5k per hit plus almost perma 10+might. – Check
Engie granade barrage instakill. – Check ( and disabled)
Fire condition doing 4-6k per tick – Check
Thieves 9k backstabs + 5k spaming 22222. – Check
Elementalist cele survival + dmg. – Check

So only 1 nerfed?. Some attacks need to be toned down by 20% Clearly too much overpowered builds. This supposed to be pvp not some smashing button whoeverpresiwinbutton wins.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Rampage doing 6k hits with every attack + perma stability, if 3/5 hits you are probably dead. – Check

So only 1 nerfed?. Some attacks need to be toned down by 20% Clearly too much overpowered builds. This supposed to be pvp not some smashing button whoeverpresiwinbutton wins.

I would diagree about
->Life Blast, since it’s the only serious damage source of Power Necro and even if it crits hard: long casting time, slow projectile, requires Death Shroud.
-> C-Ele damage, not because it’s not too high, but because it’s mostly based on burning damage, so probably tunning down burning would already fix it. If not, could get some nerfs later.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

Rampage may be strong 1v1 but its an elite.. It should be.

Anndd it can be moa’d.

Besides, in its current form it is now actually worth caring about without being overbearing. Before it was laughable.

You know the problem is that other classes do not have access to such a powerful elite. Look at eles for example, Tornado is probably one of the worst transforms this game has. They either need to buff all of the elites or nerf Rampage to put them in line. But honestly all these zerkers warriors just count on Rampage to win fights, which is kinda dumb if you ask me.

your reasoning is flawed…yes the rampage elite is better…but in general ele owns all already, makes sense there elite is less usefull….watch the bigger picture please before spreading salt.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

and yes bersi war is by far the hardest spec to play succesfully in decent or higher lvl of play many many people (about 80%) totally suck on bersi warrior they can’t play it AT all

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

and yes bersi war is by far the hardest spec to play succesfully in decent or higher lvl of play many many people (about 80%) totally suck on bersi warrior they can’t play it AT all

You can’t suck with iwin button elite.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Hi I am warrior using Rampage. Recently, Anet has killed ShoutBow warrior. I had no choice but run rampage warrior. For me it is ok to nerf rampage but just bring back our shout warrior.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

choovanski.5462

how bad at this game are you that rampage is an iwin button against you?

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Let’s be realistic here. Yes, people are exagerrating how OP Rampage is. However, faulting anyone for dying to an elite that can dish out 10k damage attacks in quick succession is pretty silly. Overall, Rampage is not OP. But like many other skills in the game right now, the damage is too high, and people are noticing it more on Rampage cause Warriors are running around with full imunity killing players in two or three shots. I’m sure for a Warrior it is fun and all, but for other players it is not much of a fair fight.

Gate of Madness

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Dude, you should be objective and don’t give bullkitten answers, NO class should have perma stability 30% dmg reduction with 6k autoattacks + cc skills on an elite. You don’t need to use your other skills after because you probably killed 2 players.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Let’s be realistic here. Yes, people are exagerrating how OP Rampage is. However, faulting anyone for dying to an elite that can dish out 10k damage attacks in quick succession is pretty silly. Overall, Rampage is not OP. But like many other skills in the game right now, the damage is too high, and people are noticing it more on Rampage cause Warriors are running around with full imunity killing players in two or three shots. I’m sure for a Warrior it is fun and all, but for other players it is not much of a fair fight.

yeah, but everyone is dying in three shots. my pals skullcrack build 100-0 my zerker engi in one 100b skullcrack combo. warrior autos for 2k+, 100b does over 10k, rush hits for 4-5k. rampage doesn’t do a lot more damage than the warrior does out of rampage. my other pal hits a 5k+ cloak and dagger then backstabs for 10k+, it’s so easy to kill now.

i just cant see how rampage is problematic as a skill currently, when instagib is so easy to achieve in the current state of the game. damage is stupid high right now, and while im not a fan i cant see how this is an issue with rampage.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Comparing rampage to the class with the worse elites:

The problem isnt Rampage, it’s classes like the elementalists that have no useful elites when other classes all have amazing elites.

Is rampaged OP? compared to the elementalists elites hell yeah. In my second pvp match on a brand new warrior I never played I won a 1v2 with Rampage. Compare that with tornado, where the most you can hope for is a knockdown.

Basically, rampage isn’t the problem, it’s the lackluster elementalist elite that is.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Comparing rampage to the class with the worse elites:

The problem isnt Rampage, it’s classes like the elementalists that have no useful elites when other classes all have amazing elites.

Is rampaged OP? compared to the elementalists elites hell yeah. In my second pvp match on a brand new warrior I never played I won a 1v2 with Rampage. Compare that with tornado, where the most you can hope for is a knockdown.

Basically, rampage isn’t the problem, it’s the lackluster elementalist elite that is.

me and my pal both run X on our engineers and have got quite a few kills with tornado. it’s not as good as rampage but the blind spam, cc spam, and the fact it hits for 2-3k per hit is nice. however i do agree that a lot of elite skills seriously need buffs. most of the time i would rather take a forth utility skill. actually, that could be a nice thing to add.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Ottohi.2871

Ottohi.2871

As a warrior only player (I gotta stabby-stabby too, but I suck at playing her :/ ), there’s one really, really easy way to beat Rampage without stability: Conditions. Just load up the rampaging warrior with torment, weakness, and immobilize. Even weakness and immobilize work.

Seriously, rampage is not a bigger problem than it was, it just got slightly nicer is all.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Stop crying OP Ramage is vulnerable to conditions and it’s easy to kite.
Of course it’s tanky and high dmg, ever heard of Lich Form? Moa?
Quickly looked at your profile btw, seems like you wanted cooldown reduction on engi grenade barrage when it was still bugged lololol, asking for mesmer buff too.
Conclusion: Go learn to play thanks

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Just prevent stomp ability while it’s active,fix the stab to fear conversion and many could argue why stances work while in Rampage.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

yeah, but everyone is dying in three shots. my pals skullcrack build 100-0 my zerker engi in one 100b skullcrack combo. warrior autos for 2k+, 100b does over 10k, rush hits for 4-5k. rampage doesn’t do a lot more damage than the warrior does out of rampage. my other pal hits a 5k+ cloak and dagger then backstabs for 10k+, it’s so easy to kill now.

i just cant see how rampage is problematic as a skill currently, when instagib is so easy to achieve in the current state of the game. damage is stupid high right now, and while im not a fan i cant see how this is an issue with rampage.

Yes, everyone is doing really high damage. But that doesn’t mean we should ignore things that are clearly being abused, such as when Engineers were one-shoting people out of stealth. Warriors are getting noticed now because they are running around, completely immune to damage and cc effects, and hitting people for 10k attacks.

Gate of Madness

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Just prevent stomp ability while it’s active,fix the stab to fear conversion and many could argue why stances work while in Rampage.

removing stances when you enter rampage is fine, it’s the same for necro spectral skills. the fear to stab conversion obviously needs to be fixed. but removing the ability to stomp/ress in rampage would be awful for the skill. it’s often used to finish and stomp, or to ress much like necromancer plague. i forget if you can stomp and ress in any of the other transformations (you cant in tornado obvs because it ping pongs), but i know you can in rampage and plague and many use them for that exact purpose.

Yes, everyone is doing really high damage. But that doesn’t mean we should ignore things that are clearly being abused, such as when Engineers were one-shoting people out of stealth. Warriors are getting noticed now because they are running around, completely immune to damage and cc effects, and hitting people for 10k attacks.

is it abuse though? i feel like it’s a symptom of the problem the game has right now, and not a cause. damage, both condition and power increased dramatically, while vitality and toughness were given no such compensation. thus damage is far too high and everyone goes splat.

rampage also i feel should be a difficult to deal with skill, it’s an elite with a long cooldown. perhaps the cooldown should be increased by 20 or so seconds. it should be harder to deal with than the zerker ham/gs warrior who popped it, who i should mention has more mobility than rampage and only somewhat smaller amount of cc. rampage is also very very telegraphed, not to mention with no condi clear it is very vulnerable to burning.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Rampage will get same treatment as engineers granades and guardians symoblic avenger sooner or later.

But I think all dmg should be brought down by 20%.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

That’s fine. Stances shouldn’t really work with Rampage anyways, it promotes bad habits and it will maybe teach people how to use Rampage better.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

removing stances when you enter rampage is fine, it’s the same for necro spectral skills. the fear to stab conversion obviously needs to be fixed. but removing the ability to stomp/ress in rampage would be awful for the skill. it’s often used to finish and stomp, or to ress much like necromancer plague. i forget if you can stomp and ress in any of the other transformations (you cant in tornado obvs because it ping pongs), but i know you can in rampage and plague and many use them for that exact purpose.

is it abuse though? i feel like it’s a symptom of the problem the game has right now, and not a cause. damage, both condition and power increased dramatically, while vitality and toughness were given no such compensation. thus damage is far too high and everyone goes splat.

rampage also i feel should be a difficult to deal with skill, it’s an elite with a long cooldown. perhaps the cooldown should be increased by 20 or so seconds. it should be harder to deal with than the zerker ham/gs warrior who popped it, who i should mention has more mobility than rampage and only somewhat smaller amount of cc. rampage is also very very telegraphed, not to mention with no condi clear it is very vulnerable to burning.

The combination of stances with Rampage is removing the aspect of counter play. Not all attacks are easy to avoid, and getting hit by just two of them will kill you. Yes, it is players that have found another broken aspect of the game and abusing it for cheap kills. It’s no different from Engineers one-shotting people with Grenade Barrage, but it is also not the only mechanic being abused, just the one being discussed in this thread.

Gate of Madness

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Plague can only stomp if you cast it in mid stomp animation it can’t whenever it wants to they can do that for Rampage instead then.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

jportell.2197

Just had a match against 3 rampage warriors….

Yeah rampage is fine. Totally okay. It doesn’t do any of the following

• Endless mobility
  • Spammable CC
  • Super high Health
  • Reduce incoming Damage
  • Proc passive endure pains.
  • and definitely no damage.

Yup rampage is fine because it totally doesn’t have any of those things and that makes it totally okay. If anything maybe this skill needs buffed eh?

/sarcasm off.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

nerf rampage, just rip it like shout

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Quickly looked at your profile btw, seems like you wanted cooldown reduction on engi grenade barrage when it was still bugged lololol, asking for mesmer buff too.

Congratulations, you failed to understand the most obvious forms of sarcasm. I was quite clearly asking for a buff to grenade barrage after I posted a video saying that engineer was broken (warning: I used sarcasm in this sentence). This renders any of your arguments invalid since you probably won’t understand what’s going on here either.

Conclusion: Go learn to play thanks

Learn to play because I trash things on this warrior build when I have no experience on warrior? Makes sense.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

choovanski.5462

im running mace/sh hammer, so I actually have less cc when i pop rampage

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

In exchange for having a lot higher dps in rampage.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Kagamiku.9731

Makes me want to bang my head on a wall when people use “broken” wrongly. Broken is something that is not working correctly, such as guardian symbols and grenade barrage when traited with grenadier. Rampage is working exactly as it is intended. Whether or not it it is too strong is open for debate. It’s not broken, regardless.

Having said that, with how OP ele’s and mesmers are at the moment, rampage is hardly an issue…Because warriors are actually easy to deal with outside of their elite skill. Ele’s don’t even need an elite skill to 2v1 you.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

• Endless mobility
  • Spammable CC
  • Super high Health
  • Reduce incoming Damage

Yup rampage is fine because it totally doesn’t have any of those things and that makes it totally okay. If anything maybe this skill needs buffed eh?

/sarcasm off.

Said a guy that defend the most op class ever made; mesmer. Just go in the endless stealth and moa him…..

obey me

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

jportell.2197

• Endless mobility
  • Spammable CC
  • Super high Health
  • Reduce incoming Damage

/sarcasm off.

Said a guy that defend the most op class ever made; mesmer. Just go in the endless stealth and moa him…..

Lol good mesmer builds don’t use PU.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Kagamiku.9731

A good player will change his skills based on what he needs. If you’re incapable of dealing with rampage, and you’re a mesmer….Pick polymorph and moa him. You play the class with the most counters to rampage and you refuse to use the biggest counter of all. Whose fault is that?

All you need is one stealth and moa. Rampage is no more.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

choovanski.5462

In exchange for having a lot higher dps in rampage.

i run clerics so rampage doesn’t even hit that hard. the dudes who make you go splat (and yes this has happened to me on zerk engi, 3hit cc chain instakills me and i was like ‘ugh this is so hard to deal with’) will be running zerk with strength runes and will use their burst skill, before rampage for the extra 20% damage an all that. but it’s not like rampage is a challenge if you have a ranged weapon, i mean yeah if you try melee it good luck buddy that’s like trying to have a shoot off with lich form.

rampage is hulk mode, you become the incredible hulk. dope as hell, but get this: there are only three skills you have to dodge, los, invun, stab, block etc. wow!? only three skills!? you crazy guy!?

yeah buddy, its got three ways to get on you so it can crush you (wish it could eat you like ultimate hulk did. ultimate marvel was pretty dope actually, the blob ate the wasp and like all of the x men died and so did thor) throw boulder, the earthshaker leap, and rush:
.the boulder has a slow projectile and a massive wind up, plus its kind of buggy. this skill literally could not be more obvious. if you cant dodge this skill i struggle to see how you can dodge anything in this game. the wind up is huge the boulder is slow and huge.
.the rush has a big animation, is kind of slow, and is pretty buggy, like it can just fail so hard. should be easy to avoid or block thru.
.last is the earthshaker. i can almost guarantee they will open with it (I always do), and if they do they will not be able to use it again until the end of the transformation (mad long cd). it’s basically earthshaker and is as hard to dodge as that skill is.

rampage is a hammer greatsword warrior on steroids. however if you dodge the gap closers, that each have decent cooldowns the warrior just has to run after you. if you have swiftness, 25% movement, or any mobility you should be able to kite it and shoot it. the rampage transformation animation is pretty big and can be interrupted (happened to me last match), so either interrupt it or back the kitten away.

yeah the warrior gains heavy area denial for 20secs, but so do many things in the game (plague, wells, engi bombs, chaos storm). treat him like a human well and you should be fine.

people say L2P and L2Dodge all the time on this forum and this elite is incredibly telegraphed. its almost like QQing about hammer warrior. almost.
seriously if you cant dodge these skills someone like Blacktruth will hit you a skullcrack (much smaller animation, almost 4sec stun) and 100-0 you with quickness and you will be back saying ‘I don’t dodge highly telegraphed cc skills and then i die’. only difference between rampage and a zerk warrior is that the damage and cc skills are the same skills as opposed to being two different skills. but that’s why its an elite, and that’s why the moves are so telegraphed.

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

• Endless mobility
  • Spammable CC
  • Super high Health
  • Reduce incoming Damage

/sarcasm off.

Youre not one of them tho. And it still doesnt change the fact that you defend mesmers with hands and legs. Nobody will deny that mesmer is too op except a mesmer main (and even then, many mesmers think they are over the top). The fact alone that you have tools to deal with rampage like noone else yet complains about it tells us everything.

ps. remove r from signature, fits better

In fact as a mesmer you dont even have to moa him, just blink on a ledge. Gg wp, rampage wasted.

obey me

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Rampage is literally only killing everyone right now because Glass specs are ‘in’ right now, that is it. No other discourse is necessary, as things are still in flux with bunker-attrition builds being all but removed from SPvP (although some are attempting to make a comeback).

Rampage literally counters this fluxed-glass meta right now, as something like 40-50k life is a bit hard to blow up with 1 or even 2 zerkers. It has its perks, but it also has quite a few counters that would have been seen more in the previous meta that rendered it useless before. Blocks (unless the warrior is Arms traited and knocks you down to 50%), blinds, weakness, and torment literally cripple the rampaging warrior, and those few condition builds will laugh at the free win against one.

It’s easy to claim it is broken as it does its job against what is out there right now, but it could easily be said that all damage from all sources is a little bit too high right now, and stats like Toughness aren’t doing their job as they should.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Rampage needs looking at

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

• Endless mobility
  • Spammable CC
  • Super high Health
  • Reduce incoming Damage

/sarcasm off.

The build in your signature uses PU. Just saying.

Not like any of this matters. I’m assuming attempts will be made in the future to balance damage back down to where it should be, and Rampage is no exception.

Gate of Madness