Random map rotation discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I think skyhammer and spirit (definitely spirit) should be included in the random map rotation. Whilst I agree 4 days in a row of these maps is too much, with random rotation it will be fine.

Especially as character locking is coming in so people can’t lame it up on skyhammer with cheese builds.

Discuss.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Team Arena random map pool:
Kyhlo, Forest, Foefire, Temple

Solo Arena random map pool:
Kyhlo, Forest, Foefire, Temple, Spirit, Skyhammer

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I thought the changes you made to spirit had fixed it? What are the issues you guys have with spirit that you dont want to make it team queue?

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

I’m so happy right now. Balanced builds ftw.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I hope character locking means EVERYTHING is locked when you register for a tournament. Then no more lame stacking swiftness at the start etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

I’m crying virgin tears of joy.
thank you for keeping those maps out of team rotation <3

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

+10000000

great news!

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I hope hammer & spirit got some revisions.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Dalgrimar.7641

Dalgrimar.7641

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 xxx

EU

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I hope character locking means EVERYTHING is locked when you register for a tournament. Then no more lame stacking swiftness at the start etc.

I hope so too, non of this change character at the start of a match. That isn’t skill, that’s changing your team to beat the enemy team

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: The Hermit.3542

The Hermit.3542

Having Skyhammer in the solo queue map pool makes me not even want to queue into it. :-/

Baron Von Fur
Charr Engineer
Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Skyhammer will be fine. It’s solo queue and it will still have a leader board, but there is no reason to take it that seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

This is such great news! The 6th sounds like it is going to be a great day.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

Very happy to see Temple in the team queue.

How will character locking work? What if, for example, you’re solo queueing and your team ends up being all Thieves? Would it be intended that you couldn’t switch to a different class in order to better complement your team?

Just interested in hearing some of the thoughts behind character locking.

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

but i can see which map i have to play before join a match?

i so dont wanna play on skyhammer – this map is just bad

@phantaram there are alot ppl taking soloQ more seriously than teamQ – the worst thing ingame

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Good to see Skyhammer and Spirit Watch back. They definitely need to be in rotation because playing them in hotjoin is boring(and I’m sure they did not create them so they could be ignored by everyone cause nobody likes hotjoin).

Since there is no other way to play them in a tournament-like environment without ratings(like unranked match) at the moment we need it like this.

Let’s see how it works with Solo Queue and Team Queue(or “Arena” how it is called now). If there are enough players and queues are not too high maybe they can even make more queues. But for now 2 queues is enough cause we first need to see how it works with the players splitting on the different queues.

I’m sure Team Arena will have longer queue time because most players are playing random/ solo?

But then again… this might be more like the old tournaments back then – and more “Pros” playing there – so it is okay to have that limited map pool there.

And all of the maps for the other queue. If you are solo and don’t like Spirit Watch just get a group and play the Team Arena. And don’t spoil other’s fun by complaining and wanting the maps removed even from Solo Arena. There are people that like to play these maps but don’t want to play hotjoin(where everyone can leave and switch teams as they like).

I’m sure also the other maps will be more interesting if you can play them with Team Arena in premade teams(better strategy because no randoms).

Edit: So is this now random rotation already? Cause it is “map pool” and not “rotation”? Would be interesting to know how this works exactly – if the map is chosen after they teams are matched… or if you know before queuing(like new map each hour or something like that).

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Skyhammer will be fine. It’s solo queue and it will still have a leader board, but there is no reason to take it that seriously.

For competitive premades, soloQ might be too random/ unreliable to take seriously, but for those who don’t have or don’t like having a specific team dedicated to pvp, soloq will be taken very seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

I for one will take solo q seriously even with a tpvp team.

Its not about team vs no team for me it’s having something to do during the time before my team logs on… as I’m sure more teams feel the same way. As for the LB part… Probably not/depending on how they are implemented. win/loss ratings won’t be taken seriously. (random team with 1 bad player = instant loss) but if they base it off the individuals contribution it will be taken seriously. Unfortunately this probably won’t exist.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.