Ranger Balance

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

Can we give ranger dual longbows? I think it would really shake up the meta and make other builds viable. Like thief gets dual pistols so we should get a dual ranged option as well.

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

But you need 2 hands to shoot a bow

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

This doesn’t make sense thematically.

In a similar vain though, I like the idea of dual wielding two-handed weapons as a new specialization for melee classes such as warrior, guardian, or ranger. Possibly at the expense of losing your other weapon set. This would be especially interesting on Warrior since it would allow them to spec out of discipline in the next expansion allowing for some neat combinations. I know the chances of this happening are essentially nil but I would like to state that I think it would be nifty.

:>

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Many MMOs overtime went to dual wield of two-handed weapons so though I have not seen anything in posts I have read it is a viable option down the road I am sure. OFC there would be some type of trade off or SMASH! you’re dead :P

Dual bow seems far fetched unless it was a dual string bow or something like that. Or grow more arms :P

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

http://i.imgur.com/vcJfmIc.jpg

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Oh my. That’s quite a wonderful picture

I have been proven wrong here, I fully support bringing dual longbows to rangers!

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Dev just confirmed, dual wielding longbows coming to the game! You saw it here guys, it’s real! No take-backsies!

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

Dev just confirmed, dual wielding longbows coming to the game! You saw it here guys, it’s real! No take-backsies!

I literally just told McKenna that this was going to be a response. Thanks.

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

lol. I would hate to disappoint.

Gate of Madness

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

lol, so good.

/15goods

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Another thought is to have 1 handed weapons used as two-handed. I’d like to see what axe could become on necro as a two-hander.

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

You probably in reality would need 4 hands to do Rapid Fire realistically. There’s no way anyone can shoot and arrow, pull out another, set it up and then do that 6 more times in only a couple seconds!

But then again, this is a game where you can shoot fireballs and call down strikes from a cannon in space onto a precise locations. Oh, also, somehow every profession using a finite resource for ammo (bullets, arrows, grenades, mortars) never run out no matter what.

So, duel wielding bows doesn’t sound too implausible in this game.

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

You probably in reality would need 4 hands to do Rapid Fire realistically. There’s no way anyone can shoot and arrow, pull out another, set it up and then do that 6 more times in only a couple seconds!

What? Never heard of Lars Andersen?

https://youtu.be/2zGnxeSbb3g?t=1m6s

Actually wait a sec. Lars shot 10 arrows in 4.9 seconds. Ranger rapid fire used to be 10 arrows with a 5 second cast time before it was buffed it to 2.5.

Was the original rapid fire intentionally based off of that?!

(edited by bloodpyrope.8630)

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

+? on dev response

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

this is a good joke but being serious:
devs have thinked about if they fix the atack proc of rangers pets as they did the balance on rangers go kitten, numbers until now are taken around the bugged pets and now they get an increase on dmg output by pets hitting right
they have thinked on doing pets stats dependant on amulets, or the ranger dmg get more dependant on stats multiplicator cuz their flat base is the pet, and a bunker druid hiting like a train with the pet and their atack dont seem right

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Drop in some crossbow dual wielding if these weapons ever get implemented.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I6fmvp37TU

Also I agree with the statement above. I wonder why druids got even buffer, they were already doing a very good job and yet they get even more goodies.
Just recently I’ve fought as a marauder symbol guard with a mender druid. I couldn’t out dps his healing while he was running around and tanking me with a pet. Their escape on demand staff skill is really something. I wish they returned to where they were and that was already strong.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

I’m pretty sure those are short bows

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

So a dual longbow with the animation of the character head banging each time they shoot a bow?

I can imagine rapid fire right now with dual longbows on a ranger!
Thanks for the image Ben, it cannot be unseen….

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

I’ve seen it all now. This is proof that there IS a picture or meme out there in response to every silly question! Thank you for the laugh!

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

So should we expect this change during the next balance patch, or next expansion?

Gate of Madness

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

hand crossbows!

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

So a dual longbow with the animation of the character head banging each time they shoot a bow?

Perhaps I will suggest it to Karl as a new elite spec. Heavy Metal Ranger.

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Just keep it away from the guardian.

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Just keep it away from the guardian.

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Heavy Metal Ranger confirmed for next expansion! Can’t wait! Will it be condi focused or heavy aoe damage focused?

Gate of Madness

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

Since Heavy Metal Ranger has been confirmed I think it’s time we discussed dual shield Guardian. I want to be able to sit in my safe space and never take damage.

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Since Heavy Metal Ranger has been confirmed I think it’s time we discussed dual shield Guardian. I want to be able to sit in my safe space and never take damage.

That’s fine with me, since the Heavy Metal Ranger will have unblockable attacks clearly.

Gate of Madness

Ranger Balance

in PvP

megilandil.7506

That’s fine with me, since the Heavy Metal Ranger will have unblockable attacks clearly.

if everyone and her mother have unblockable atacks and blocks not block next steep is give everyone and her mother unevadable atacks and make evades dont evade…

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

if everyone and her mother have unblockable atacks and blocks not block next steep is give everyone and her mother unevadable atacks and make evades dont evade…

Good idea. The Heavy Metal Ranger will now also have un-evadable attacks.

Gate of Madness

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

The only way to achieve true balance now is to give everyone perma stealth that doesn’t break on damage. Just attack randomly until you get kill credit.

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

LOL can you imagine the QQ from thieves if they make some attacks unevadeable?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Ranger Balance

in PvP

megilandil.7506

you can imagine guards with their main defense(blocks) being traspasable for everyone and her mother? why one defense mechanics is rended so useless and other equally spamable for some classes is unpassable?

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

you can imagine guards with their main defense(blocks) being traspasable for everyone and her mother? why one defense mechanics is rended so useless and other equally spamable for some classes is unpassable?

If unblockable attacks were reduced, Dragonhunter blocks would also be reduced. You are exaggerating quite a bit there on the presence of unblockable attacks in the current meta builds vs the amount of blocks Dragonhunters have available.

To put it into perspective, I have a single block on my Engineer yet it is very rare that I get hit with an unblockable attack. And I mean extremely rare.

If you’re referring to my comment about Heavy Metal Ranger getting unblockable attacks, then I think you missed the point of this whole thread. It’s just a joke, there is no dual longbow wielding ranger with unblockable attacks in the works. You’re kinda killing the mood of the thread really.

All that said………Anet did pretty much confirm this was happening so please don’t dissapoint me during the next expansion or I will raise hell about false promises! ;-P

Gate of Madness

Ranger Balance

in PvP

megilandil.7506

If unblockable attacks were reduced, Dragonhunter blocks would also be reduced. You are exaggerating quite a bit there on the presence of unblockable attacks in the current meta builds vs the amount of blocks Dragonhunters have available.

To put it into perspective, I have a single block on my Engineer yet it is very rare that I get hit with an unblockable attack. And I mean extremely rare.

If you’re referring to my comment about Heavy Metal Ranger getting unblockable attacks, then I think you missed the point of this whole thread. It’s just a joke, there is no dual longbow wielding ranger with unblockable attacks in the works. You’re kinda killing the mood of the thread really.

All that said………Anet did pretty much confirm this was happening so please don’t dissapoint me during the next expansion or I will raise hell about false promises! ;-P

i know this threat is a joke, and i know also that some “truth” can only be said as a joke, maybe guards have to many blocks, exactly as thief and others have many evades

and for being in the mod of thread i vote for the next elite guard: legendary defender with dual shield….

Ranger Balance

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

and for being in the mod of thread i vote for the next elite guard: legendary defender with dual shield….

Fine, but only if my Engineer gets lightsa…….I mean Laser Swords.

Gate of Madness