Ranger downed state is unacceptable. Discuss

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Even pet can’t help when you get stomped with arguments like OP was.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Rhinzual.7861

Rhinzual.7861

This is completely hilarious. Rangers, the one profession likely worse off than Engineers in every other aspect of the game are considered FOTM in sPVP because of their downed state and their regens? Wouldn’t the best fix be to make it so you only revive with 30% or so hp instead of full? Or to maybe speed up the time it takes to kill a downed player?

in PvP

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Hmm, let’s see: (Highly hypothetical, take this with a grain of salt)

Warrior can beat a ranger while downed as he can go into vengeance and stomp the ranger.

Engineers can beat a ranger while downed because he can pull the pet to you, and knock him back a second time.

Necromancers can beat a ranger while downed because he can fear the pet, and leech ranger’s health.

Elementalists can beat a ranger while downed if he uses mist form to go to the water OR get out of the pet’s sight somehow. The bonus is you can prevent a stomp REGARDLESS OF STABILITY.

Guardians lose to the ranger because he can’t CC the pet, nor avoid the pet’s damage. The guardians help the team more though, as that healing circle applies to everyone around your corpse. Get downed near a guardian and you’ll see what i’m talking about.

Thieves will probably lose to the ranger unless he can get somewhere outside the ranger’s and the pet’s visibility. The bonus is you can prevent a stomp REGARDLESS OF STABILITY.

Mesmer will probably lose to the ranger unless he can get somewhere outside the ranger’s and the pet’s visibility. The bonus is you can prevent a stomp REGARDLESS OF STABILITY.

So let’s see, the ranger loses to 4 professions and wins against 3. This is all, highly hypthetical, the ranger may beat all professions and may lose to all professions, everything depends on the circumstance. Saying something is OP just because you don’t understand how it works is ridiculous.

Did you know that this ability bugs 50% of the time, and the pet just teabags you? Or how most of the times you use this, your pet won’t be dead and have like 5% health, so he won’t regen his health back and will die to any damage?

Also, you’re only taking into account a ranger fighting another profession while downed. Being able to kill another downed enemy while downed is not the only thing that defines a class’s downed strength.
There is the ability to prevent a stability stomp, or how the elementalists can jump into the water to annoy the entire team, the ability to prevent a stomp from an ally.

in PvP

Posted by: Vinhoney.4517

Vinhoney.4517

Whoa there zone, the community’s ranger is not the same as yours truly.

…need moar buffz!!!

If you have no doubts of your skills, then challenge me for a duel please.

in PvP

Posted by: tiboi.3108

tiboi.3108

ranger is one of the most underpowered class in the game atm and your complaining its not even easier to kill them?

You’re either blind or you don’t play sPvP (which begs the question of “why are you in this sub-forum?”). The perma-regen ranger is currently FOTM in sPvP. Try building it first, then try to justify why you play easymode to help you sleep at night.

Better get your kicks in before its nerfed lol.

not sure about that since d/d eles/bunker engies can do basically the same and other boons and they haven’t been touched for a while, so let alone the least “devs-got-attention” prof…

in PvP

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

rangers can’t stop a stomp. 1 aoe daze for 1/2 a second and they are dead. If you are stomping and aren’t at super low health the ranger does no dps in their downed state. The pets are the only thing you have to worry about even then, if you just keep track of them, you can just kill them if you have more than 20% of your health.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in PvP

Posted by: Vyndetta.9415

Vyndetta.9415

lol is this a joke? Bout time someone cried about rangers.

Vyndetta – Ranger- [SYNC]

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

warrior has the best downed state IMO and ranger is the second best.

Either this is a hardcore troll or this is an admittance of having 1 finger and the gaming skill of an anemic snail.

Seriously now, wtf.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

ranger is one of the most underpowered class in the game atm and your complaining its not even easier to kill them?

You’re either blind or you don’t play sPvP (which begs the question of “why are you in this sub-forum?”). The perma-regen ranger is currently FOTM in sPvP. Try building it first, then try to justify why you play easymode to help you sleep at night.

Better get your kicks in before its nerfed lol.

It’s a good 1v1 spec. Its damage is terrible…. and it can’t bunker outside RaO. It offers no serious AoE damage or boon removal.

It’s a completely selfish spec.

in PvP

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

To be perfectly honest I find there is little difference between a ranger in downed state and a ranger fully engaged with cooldowns and stuff to hide behind. So this change has no impact on my experience with rangers in PvP. They just die again after they revive or they run away and die to something else.

in PvP

Posted by: Chi Malady.2015

Chi Malady.2015

I remember when ranger downed state was the worst in the game (along with ele) back in the betas.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

The video you added is totally unrelated, just shows some warrior doing damage with 100b burst (lmao). Rangers were dead at graveyard most of the time. Even if the rangers rallied/pet feared you while down it wasn’t significant since you won the game by big difference. Also you got carried by your teammates who used stability when stomping so what’s the problem?

Pet res is only useful if you get in a 1v1 downed fight or you launched somewhere out of sight. Underwater yes it is bugged, but RotC is not in tournament is so most who complain are hotjoin farmer carebears.

OP is rank 4x?
Seems like he needs to stop farming hotjoin for a while and l2p.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I can win against most classes when downed, expect a warrior can vengence and stomp me (because it gains stability), and a mesmer has the very powerful rogue that does a heap of damage and can kill me.

So yes it is a powerful downstate, but it has no stealth/teleport type confusion element and before the buff it (lick wounds) was just useless. Now it gives my ranger an edge in one on ones against several classes if the fight goes to the wire, but in a group setting I’m usually aoed to death or stomped. For competative play I don’t think ranger has the most powerful downstate.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Whoa there zone, the community’s ranger is not the same as yours truly.

…need moar buffz!!!

:)

It’s like that cartoon with the man who meets a magical singing frog. He sees/hears the incredibly talented singing frog, but the rest of the community sees just an ordinary, plain old frog.

Here it is:

in PvP

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

LOL ranger downed state is the worse in game by far, Most of the time “lick Wounds” does not even work. I cant take this seriously.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in PvP

Posted by: skyshock.3679

skyshock.3679

While I agree that under water the rangers downed state is the best in the game, I can’t see how much of a problem that is. There’s only 1 spvp map where u actually fight in the watter. With all the crap that rangers deal with u think that they could have at least one perk over the other classes. Guess not.

And yes, lick wounds (the 3 skill) doesnt even work most of the time. I can’t stress enough how many times I’ve already raged about that in spvp.

The pet can be killed (for kitten’s sake it’s a mob – kill it in a sec), a dead pet only runs to you but doesnt res, and u cant really hide yourself or get away from the action as some others classes can. That basically means u’ll catch random fire or aoes while you are downed and the CDs on the skills make sure u arent going anywhere anytime soon. Yeah really overpowered…

in PvP

Posted by: trigger genious.6583

trigger genious.6583

my friend is a ranger, i never had a problem with him on land. I Dont do that underwater thing so im not sure about that

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

lol

If you’re seeing a bunch of Regen Rangers in SPvP (aka the 0/0/30/10/30) spec its because its really the only good spec for small manning. You can’t go Burst Mode or you’ll explode in 2 seconds and you don’t have the save me’s like Thieves/Mesmer’s/Ele’s do that allow them to escape their screw ups.

I’ve said it before, Ranger is basically the Pyro Powertech from SWTOR, in that you pretty much have to win the fight because you’re not getting away.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Please not another Ranger nerf..Please just learn what the skill does and dont complain…IF you interupt-kill the pet, the Ranger cant heal,it may seem tricky in the beggining but pets are not so hard to die…

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

it’s going to be fixed…noone should have F skills when downed (Everyone must have his 4 skills: Dmg, fast interrupt, long interrupt and normal heal…nothing more nothing less, just make all bars pretty much the same and drop crap like vengeance and stuff) not mentioning dead pets healing like kitten and idiotic stuff like that, just wait and everything is gonna be ok.

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

it’s going to be fixed…noone should have F skills when downed (Everyone must have his 4 skills: Dmg, fast interrupt, long interrupt and normal heal…nothing more nothing less, just make all bars pretty much the same and drop crap like vengeance and stuff) not mentioning dead pets healing like kitten and crap like that, just wait and everything is gonna be ok.

So are they gunna remove rangers downed pet quickness trait too?

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Archaon.6245

it’s going to be fixed…noone should have F skills when downed (Everyone must have his 4 skills: Dmg, fast interrupt, long interrupt and normal heal…nothing more nothing less, just make all bars pretty much the same and drop crap like vengeance and stuff) not mentioning dead pets healing like kitten and crap like that, just wait and everything is gonna be ok.

I don’t know what they’re going to do…all i’m saying is to make ALL downed bars equal and leave just some “traitable” things like 50% more dmg or 50% more life when downed that someone can take spending trait slots….but downed skills must be the same for everyone, maybe different animations with cool loking fancy glittering sparks or kitten…but with the same skill effect, dmg and healing for every class….

i just call this…balance..

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

I don’t know what they’re going to do…all i’m saying is to make ALL downed bars equal and leave just some “traitable” things like 50% more dmg or 50% more life when downed that someone can take spending trait slots….but downed skills must be the same for everyone, maybe different animations with cool loking fancy glittering sparks or kitten…but with the same skill effect, dmg and healing for every class….

Yah ur right, we should remove classes too and give every a “punch 1” “punch 2” “punch3” “punch 4” and a “punch 5” skill.

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

dead pets arent healing kitten,just if pet dies or its dead when the Ranger is down you can rez it and come to heal you….Pets are a unique utility for Rangers,we are controling almost 2 characters while we are “alive”,i cant see the reason why we shouldnt be able to almost-merely control it while we are down..This is outrageous,thiefs got 2 100% succesfull ways of avoiding stomp and people complain about a pet that heals?My aoe daze dont work on stability and stealthed kittens and if the pet is interupted the heal stops….

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Yah ur right, we should remove classes too and give every a “punch 1” “punch 2” “punch3” “punch 4” and a “punch 5” skill.

No…but downed state is just a fighting to survive and basically everyone must have pretty much the same skills…everyone already have different tough, hp pool, healing, power and so on…there will be a difference already with skills with same effect…or maybe you’re just a warrior who don’t want to lose his vengeance or an engi already exploiting elixir R? No reason to make such differences while downed…you have your own skills to fight and once you go down you already lost the fight and you’re just dead meat on the ground…and every dead meat on the ground should be as equal as possible..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Nega.7362

Nega.7362

Well … well…
While is true that the ranger is the only profession that can use F 1-4 Skills on downed state it’s also true that it’s the only profession that can lose the F 1-4 while alive ^^

Ranger lose 50% (on buker bird/bird or cat/cat) to 20% (on more balanced builds) of their damage, 1 to 6 traits and some of effects of their skills if the pet is dead; it fit on the “duo” class the ranger is in Gw2.

The downed 3 skill is bugged on many levels:
underwater is too strong
on uneven surfaces is broken
on flat surfaces it work nice

It can still be interrupted if you daze/launch/stun/fear the pet and against dps ones (birds and cats) some well placed skills will kill them (AoEs are nice too).

If you still think that a downed ranger is so OP we can make a tradeoff, we can exchange skill 3 + F1-4 on downed if the ranger’s pet is unkillable when we’re alive ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Vargoth.3106

Vargoth.3106

this downed state ability is BUGGED: it doesn’t even work when you press it 90% of the time (and yes I’m talking about when the pet is alive n00b). However I did notice it works 100% of the time when I was bunker/beastmaster builds for some stupid reason.

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

even if it is as bad as OP makes it seem, it isnt something that needs to be nerfed.

if you ask me, if you and the ranger that you were fighting both get downed, their pet should be able to finish you.

its only fair that their pets can still have functionality when the ranger itself is down.

thugged out since cubscouts

in PvP

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

Doesnt need to be nerfed. You can always bring stability/invuln stomp? You can always CC or kill the pet? In tpvp rangers will usually never get their lickwounds off against a half decent team. Most decent players will take a form of stability and just kill you off.

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

Thread Necro is too powerful, he should be nerfed first.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapula.8210

Vapula.8210

arise chicken, chicken arise

Jared Kincaid

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

However I did notice it works 100% of the time when I was bunker/beastmaster builds for some stupid reason.

Then you just got lucky since that has nothing to do with anything. The ability is severly bugged, pure and simple.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

This thread is a troll.

Really? Okay.

Ask yourself this. What beats a Ranger in downed state? Say a Guardian and a Ranger both get downed at the same time. Who will win?

warrior trumps it every time, if you played a ranger you’d know, until you do, don’t comment. 1v1 both downed, warrior gets venganced way before you’re up and stomps you

in PvP

Posted by: fakeblood.2576

fakeblood.2576

Actually it is not that OP.. Here’s why.

I’ve VSed a necro mancer and I downed him first got downed litterally right after due to conditions. We start fighting and I’m like yes time to pet Rez. The necro fears the pet off me and uses his aoe on me and continue draining me and kills me.

2nd warrior vengeance is the best counter because he can get up and and stomp me with my fear or daze being useless while he’s stomping.

Mesmers have nothing they can do against it. Great cuz mesmers OP as kitten anyway same with eles and thieves they OP anyway kitten them. Actually thieves can still hit you 8k while downed so they have the option of just killing you before you can even let rez.

Engineers don’t stand a chance even if they pull the pet off me

If a guard is too close to me they can bubble the pet off me and they can heal them selves winning.

I can agree using a wolf fear and a Moa daze with number 2 is OP but just kill the pet and that’s very easy to do with any trap ranger I can agree its hard with a BM ranger.

The under water is OP tho not gonna lie the number 3 should be different underwater because there is no stomp underwater

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

i could be wrong, but im pretty sure the pet comes back to near even after being knock off, fear, push and even kill ( if you swamp ), I know i was playing my condi thief, at 20 bleeds 127 each, the ranger’s pet managed to revive the owner like nothing