Ranger downstate pet heal

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

When will this stupid ranger downstate heal finnaly get nerfed? I am tired of rangers getting a free win if both of you are downed. There seems to be litterally no way to outdamage the heal, and if you interrupt it the pet starts healing again shortly after.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I think the only thing that should change is if you interrupt the pet it cancels the heal and places it on cooldown. I mean, really, I would think this to be obvious actually. In what world does it make since that we interrupt a skill and then it just goes back to doing it’s thing?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

The question is how you managed to get downed by a ranger?

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

The question is how you managed to get downed by a ranger?

Lets not blame the player. He has a valid point. The skill is obviously bugged. I’m surprised its been bugged for so long.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

It used to work by if you interrupted it, it would stop until they used it again but I don’t know if they changed that or never fixed a bug.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

That bug was patched months ago, atleast for every mode outside PvP.
If somene sneezes at my pet in WvW or PvE, the heal interrupts and goes on cooldown.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Well I can verify that in sPvP that is not the case. Ranger was down, used pet healing, feared the pet away, pet came back after the fear wore off and continued healing.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

Stability stomp and nobody can save that ranger.

Champion Hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

As an occasional ranger in PvP I can confirm that after feature patch, pet continues to heal after interrupted.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

did you even read? I was talking about downstate vs downstate, rangers are basically godmode in downstate vs downstate, heck even downstate vs 2x downstate is no problem for a ranger
I think the best would be to give every class the same downstate abilities or turn off downstate entirely in pvp, because the abilities are anything but balanced in the current state

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

did you even read? I was talking about downstate vs downstate, rangers are basically godmode in downstate vs downstate, heck even downstate vs 2x downstate is no problem for a ranger

Someone told me that downstate is when rangers are at their best, they can not lose vs another downed class.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Just one of the many absolutely kittened things about downed-state.

Add it to the list.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

You can interrupt pet heal, if it doesn’t work and pet continues to heal there is a bug after patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

ok np, nerf ranger in downed 1vs1 situations.
that’s anyways rare.

but then give me maybe mistform, stealth or port.
much better and decide teamfights much more then the ranger down state.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

(edited by Oidmetala.8426)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

You can interrupt pet heal, if it doesn’t work and pet continues to heal there is a bug after patch.

its been like that for months already, at least since december

in PvP

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

Someone told me that downstate is when rangers are at their best, they can not lose vs another downed class.

In a 1v1, yeah the ranger is probably going to win the on-your-back fight, except against warriors. In a 3v3 or larger, no. The pet melts from the cleaving, making it useless. It feels like it’s doing what it’s supposed to for a ranger: useful in small scale, useless in large scale.

Champion Hunter

in PvP

Posted by: Zero.6592

Zero.6592

That painful mistake when you think killing the ranger outside the point allows you to give him a slow death… and it turns out he has a beartank with resurrection magic more powerful than Gandalf’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The skill should be interruptable. If it isn’t, fix it. The situation shouldn’t matter, it should behave like every other skill in the game.

/thread

Not always an option.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I think the best would be to give every class the same downstate abilities or turn off downstate entirely in pvp, because the abilities are anything but balanced in the current state

Thieves are no better in that respect. Teleport the second before the stomp animation finishes, then stealth the second before the second stomp animation finishes and it’s next to impossible to actually spike the kitten things. I literally don’t bother to stomp thieves because of this garbage, I’d rather just condition nuke them and have them reappear dead after bleeding out.
And to clarify, I’m not saying this should be removed, or it’s OP nor am I QQing, just saying that it shouldn’t take upwards of 3 tries to stomp a Thief when with other professions it can take a maximum of 2 (see Engineer with pull and launch = 2 tries.)

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Just be glad that there’s no more underwater fighting. You can’t even stomp underwater so there could literally be two of us hitting a downed ranger just to kill the kitten.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Thieves are no better in that respect. Teleport the second before the stomp animation finishes, then stealth the second before the second stomp animation finishes and it’s next to impossible to actually spike the kitten things. I literally don’t bother to stomp thieves because of this garbage, I’d rather just condition nuke them and have them reappear dead after bleeding out.
And to clarify, I’m not saying this should be removed, or it’s OP nor am I QQing, just saying that it shouldn’t take upwards of 3 tries to stomp a Thief when with other professions it can take a maximum of 2 (see Engineer with pull and launch = 2 tries.)

Against a thief you can at least win a downstate vs downstate fight. Against rangers it is hopeless unless you are also a ranger or possibly with vengeance from warrior (an other very overpowered downed ability imho)

in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I think its still crazy that a dead pet will still cast that.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

If ranger pet is dead and uses the downed rezz skill, it immediatly got full health again. So basically its also a pet rezz

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

This topic is getting derailed so bad. The only point being discussed is that the skill is bugged and doesn’t stop after being interrupted.

This thread has nothing to do with OP skills or unbalanced downstate skills or anything like that.

The skill is bugged, it would be nice to have it fixed, that’s all.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Even if it wouldnt be bugged it would be overpowered and stupid, because not every class got an interrupt in down state.