Ranger needs a considerable nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Alright people, henry back again. How we all doing?

Anyway, i carried out a study of ranger and found it was overperforming by around 8% in pvp. Now the margin of error on these findings is 2%. So we need to be careful with nerfing ranger because of these results.

Anyhow, i suggest that pets are nerfed by around 10% across the board. Thos should solve the issue.

Thoughts?

H

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

Listen, Henry, I like where you’re coming from. I really do… but how do you expect anyone to take your thoroughly researched propositions seriously with these little nerfs to chip away at classes? You’re not going to get anywhere unless you think big. I wouldn’t settle for anything less than a 50% nerf to all ranger sources of damage, and you shouldn’t either.

Hm, to offset the nerf, we should probably buff one of the profession’s other skills. Maybe we should give Signet of the Wild an unblockable buff. That would help with a good few matchups.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

(edited by Undo.5091)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Listen, Henry, I like where you’re coming from. I really do… but how do you expect anyone to take your thoroughly researched propositions seriously with these little nerfs to chip away at classes? You’re not going to get anywhere unless you think big. I wouldn’t settle for anything less than a 50% nerf to all ranger sources of damage, and you shouldn’t either.

Hm, to offset the nerf, we should probably buff one of the professions other skills. Maybe we should give Signet of the Wild an unblockable buff. That would help with a good few matchups.

I hear you my friend. The issue is that my scientific results only pointed to an 8% over performance. So the nerf should be in this range. I found that much of this 8% was due to the pets, which has too high damage up time. I need to run the numbers on your proposals though before i comment more thoroughly.

I am working on a detailed report into the “op ranger” study. When its ready i will submit it for peer review.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

i don’t understand the percentile mambo jumbo but i agree with the op. The druid with 7k solar beams is too stronk. And the homing missiles coming from the hedgehog thingy are too stronk too. And the blueish thingy has to be accesible only once during the game, the ranger needs to have no access to heals because it has 2 health bars countimg with the pet.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Care to elaborate on your methods? How exactly did you reach this number? In what way are they “overperforming”? (damage, cc, sustain, boon uptime, everything?)

I don’t think ranger or druid themselves have too much damage; but rather smokescale (which every ranger runs) has far too much damage attached to it for a “tank” pet.

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

lmfao you joking right pets have already been nerfed. go to the ranger forum dude a lot of rangers find them useless. i love these nerf threads because two things are never considered 1. they never bother thinking its their build that is the problem or 2. it might just be your skill that is the problem. every single class and build has their pros and cons so pick your poison. anyone crying nerf should have to post their build and a video of them pvping

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Care to elaborate on your methods? How exactly did you reach this number? In what way are they “overperforming”? (damage, cc, sustain, boon uptime, everything?)

I don’t think ranger or druid themselves have too much damage; but rather smokescale (which every ranger runs) has far too much damage attached to it for a “tank” pet.

90% of all statistics are made up on the spot.