Rangers deleted from pvp, again

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

So I should let the warrior come up and stun lock me until I’m dead and try and get my spirits out then?

maybe it’s time to start carrying stunbreaks again.

or don’t pop all spirits at once.

I don’t want to play spirits, I’m not sure what your arguing. The idea that I can use 1 or 2 spirits and some other utilities instead you clearly haven’t played ranger. Traps, Spirits and healing all require at least 2-3 traits to be useful at all. I would love to use 1 spirit 1 trap and a stun breaker, and still have some form of condition removal/survivability. We don’t have the tricks other classes do to survive/disengage.

My real argument is fine spirits are dead, great…I’ve got nothing else that will be middle tier.

in PvP

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

-All spirits can now be launched, knocked down, and knocked back.

This was a bug fix which now will allow more counter-play when fighting spirits.

-Storm Spirit, Frost Spirit, Sun Spirit, Stone Spirit, and Spirit of Nature will now begin their recharge when the spirit dies instead of when the spirit is summoned.

-Storm Spirit, Frost Spirit, Sun Spirit, and Stone Spirit: Recharge has been reduced from 60 seconds to 25 seconds.

-Spirit of Nature: Recharge has been reduced from 240 seconds to 180 seconds.

Previously you were able to pre-cast spirits before a fight so that when they would die you could instantly re-summon them. This made it feel like there was little to no counter play. Players could take the time to AOE them down simply to have to deal with another set of spirits. These changes were made so that there is a time window where the ranger will be without spirits once they die. Since the spirits now die after their duration, we had to reduce the recharge to compensate. In fights where they are dying often, the shorter recharge is a buff.

Solar Flare: Fixed a bug so this skill no longer applies a duplicate infinite duration blind.

This was a simple bug fix removing unintended functionality.

I understand the knockdown thing (although that could be the hardest nerf out of the 2) BUT I thought the timing the spirits was one of the few things spirit rangers had to actually plan out.

I mean that’s removing the potential for good gameplay is what that nerf is. Now if people still play spirits it will be even more mindless and less beneficial :/

How does this change remove the potential for good game play? Before a spirit ranger could go into a fight with spirits already out and off recharge allowing them to instantly re-summon them once they died. There is no counter play to that.

The spirits last for a limited duration so that the ranger must make a conscious choice when to summon them or else they could go on recharge early in a fight if you use them ‘mindlessly’. This also provides a downtime window of 25 seconds once they have died that a player knows they can deal with the ranger. This works consistently with other minions now.

We are obviously watching any changes we make closely and will make adjustments if it is necessary.

I think I must be confused. Spirits had a 60 second duration and a 60 second recharge. How long was this window where you could have a spirit out and have it ready to summon again? Also, I think we have two different definitions of the word “instantly”. My spirits took 1.5 seconds to cast. That’s not instant by any definition I’ve heard. That also happens to be where the counter play was. A really long cast that could be interrupted. Yeah, you could have the spirit almost all the time, but if you did that and a fight started when it was close to time to recast, a good player would make you pay for using a skill with such a long cast time.

Also, why did this change have to take place across all game types? Split the skills already.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

so when spirits die, ranger is left defenseless for 25 seconds? wow. lol

LOL defenseless? Have you forgotten the amount of evades you have?

At this point, I’m almost ready to just stop reading the SPvP forums. There’s just nothing that won’t be complained about.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Meh didn’t find Rangers that “over the top” to begin with, but felt something should be changed. Dont know how I feel about this, Might drive them into the ground or may not. In some circumstances the lower CD itself can be considered a buff, in another a hassle or nerf.
Spirits were and are really easy to blow up, not that they needed to be hardier in that spec, they were certainly hardy enough however because of the threats of things like Necro, war and Engi’s as well, smashing the ranger became a problem with that kind of pressure. Ele, thief, mes, Guardian and another ranger were a lot more “ignorable”.
Now I’ll probably have to see RaO rangers lurking again and I hate that elite, srs.
Ideally it’s still in use, because rather that and traps then BM.

Still think Base spirit range is too low (but its fine for spirit unbound range).

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: cantuchky.8412

cantuchky.8412

Dont worry. Someone who is good will come up with a new ranger build then all you baddies can jump on the bandwagon. Hang tight.

^ haha, awesome comment.

^haha, awesom…oh wait, nevermind.
But honestly can someone explain why engineer’s standing point with, imo what are very effective turrets, endure so much less rage than ranger and their spirits? I do not play engineer so i’m asking this without sarcasm.

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Dont worry. Someone who is good will come up with a new ranger build then all you baddies can jump on the bandwagon. Hang tight.

^ haha, awesome comment.

^haha, awesom…oh wait, nevermind.
But honestly can someone explain why engineer’s standing point with, imo what are very effective turrets, endure so much less rage than ranger and their spirits? I do not play engineer so i’m asking this without sarcasm.

Because there is no effective turret build.
At least none that fits into any meta we ever had.

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

Hahahahaha yesssss feed me the tears of noobs. Good riddance to people depending on that cheesy no-brainer spec.

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in PvP

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Oh no, poh wittle wanger has to play something besides the petting zoo now.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in PvP

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Also, why did this change have to take place across all game types? Split the skills already.

I have a feeling it’s because somebody inside Anet has a grudge against us. This ‘fix’ should never have made it outside of PvP.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Meh didn’t find Rangers that “over the top” to begin with, but felt something should be changed. Dont know how I feel about this, Might drive them into the ground or may not. In some circumstances the lower CD itself can be considered a buff, in another a hassle or nerf.
Spirits were and are really easy to blow up, not that they needed to be hardier in that spec, they were certainly hardy enough however because of the threats of things like Necro, war and Engi’s as well, smashing the ranger became a problem with that kind of pressure. Ele, thief, mes, Guardian and another ranger were a lot more “ignorable”.
Now I’ll probably have to see RaO rangers lurking again and I hate that elite, srs.
Ideally it’s still in use, because rather that and traps then BM.

Still think Base spirit range is too low (but its fine for spirit unbound range).

It was definitely the right change if for no other reason than the spirits now work consistently with other abilities. However, they are quite bad now and are in the same position as most other similar skills too… unused. But ANet did the right thing in changing them.

The larger problem is the miserable state the class is in to begin with and how, after a year, a lot of the things most other companies would consider QoL updates, haven’t happened.

The class still needs a 30 pt trait to make 75% of their skills useful.
Pet F2 abilities are still difficult to use effectively.
Pets still can’t hit moving targets reliably.
Many of the skills aren’t hitting 5 targets like they should.
Elite skill still doesn’t work reliably.
Weapons aren’t diverse enough (axe and sbow are very close in form and function).
Weapons have no internal synergy so no combos to execute to apply added pressure.
Weapons are very passive in nature so they’re very boring to use.
Very weak burst.
Very weak AE.
Very weak group support.
No class synergy.

I mean I could go on for ever… and a lot of these things are quite little and almost petty which should have been fixed a month after launch. ANet really does give the impression they haven’t a clue what they want the class to do or how they want to do it. They really have the worst implementation of the Ranger/Hunter profession I’ve seen in any MMO I’ve ever played.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

sweet fail again to listen to the forum qqers, but ok do what you whant.

What the heck are you talking about, Roy is the only dev i’ve played with multiple times during SoloQ release week before i semi quit and he is a spirit ranger.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

God forbid needing to use your spirits at an intelligent time as opposed to winning every fight by spawning them all and pressing 1.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Gatsby.7420

Gatsby.7420

Since the spiritbuffs linger on for 10-15 seconds depending on luck after spirits dead we actually lose 10-15 seconds of the actual spiritbuff uptime. Tried it out and the the cd on spirits is between 10 to 15 seconds after the actual buffs gone.

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

NERF RANGER NERF RANGER NERF RANGER>Patch>RANGER SUCKS BUFF EM BUFF EM BUFF EM I’m tired of this kitten I agree condis need a kinda protection for dmg but all this crap yes they were OP but are we gonna whine about every single kittening change they kittening do

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Good changes. However, storm spirit should scale with power. This “nerf” has buffed storm spirit DPS and it is not ok for a bunker spec to be able to do huge damage bursts.

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Good changes. Nice Work Anet

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Thanks for fixing the rangers. Makes only sense for the CD to start only when the spirits die. A lot of other classes have similar mechanics.

in PvP

Posted by: Rek.3215

Rek.3215

Its not even a nerf or balance and ppl cry or agree with this.

Plz read the patch, its a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Well having tested it tonight spirit ranger is still too strong. I say too strong because the build exists and is very very good. The res spirit is just insanely good basically winning team fight by itself still.

Still most games have tons of spirit rangers and you have no clue what is going on during most team fights.

So yeh. Still needs more of a nerf

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

As I have posted many times in the past, game companies will always keep pet classes as subpar. The fact that the recent meta has elevated pet classes to OP-ness and the absolute kitten storm of player QQ has been hurricane force.

I always wanted pet classes to have some equity, not become the brain dead Petting Zoo solution to dumb down the game so any short attention span mouth-breathing consumer can win at tournament level simply by pet spawning and spamming skills face roll style.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I see Anet is still balancing based on how SPvP, I find it odd they took the time to separate Necromancers, but didn’t bother with Spirits.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

So I should let the warrior come up and stun lock me until I’m dead and try and get my spirits out then?

maybe it’s time to start carrying stunbreaks again.

or don’t pop all spirits at once.

I don’t want to play spirits, I’m not sure what your arguing. The idea that I can use 1 or 2 spirits and some other utilities instead you clearly haven’t played ranger. Traps, Spirits and healing all require at least 2-3 traits to be useful at all. I would love to use 1 spirit 1 trap and a stun breaker, and still have some form of condition removal/survivability. We don’t have the tricks other classes do to survive/disengage.

My real argument is fine spirits are dead, great…I’ve got nothing else that will be middle tier.

pretty sure a spirit ranger can pick one spirit to drop in favor of a single stunbreak, which would be brought solely for the purpose of breaking stun (and thus doesn’t need to be traited for).

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

This was a bug fix which now will allow more counter-play when fighting spirits.

-Storm Spirit, Frost Spirit, Sun Spirit, Stone Spirit, and Spirit of Nature will now begin their recharge when the spirit dies instead of when the spirit is summoned.

-Storm Spirit, Frost Spirit, Sun Spirit, and Stone Spirit: Recharge has been reduced from 60 seconds to 25 seconds.

Previously you were able to pre-cast spirits before a fight so that when they would die you could instantly re-summon them. This made it feel like there was little to no counter play. Players could take the time to AOE them down simply to have to deal with another set of spirits. These changes were made so that there is a time window where the ranger will be without spirits once they die. Since the spirits now die after their duration, we had to reduce the recharge to compensate. In fights where they are dying often, the shorter recharge is a buff.

Solar Flare: Fixed a bug so this skill no longer applies a duplicate infinite duration blind.

It takes four and a half god kitten seconds to cast three spirits. You try wasting four and a half seconds mid fight and see how well you end up.

Not only that, but have you ever addressed the fact that ALL your balance updates revolve around sPvP? How come every other class is more viable than the Ranger when it comes to WvW and PvE, and yet we still get nerfed? I’m not saying spirit rangers are useless now, but for once, please stop caring about the vocal minority.

Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Someone needs to leave an exploitable build an adjust their play style? Shocking..

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

As I have posted many times in the past, game companies will always keep pet classes as subpar. The fact that the recent meta has elevated pet classes to OP-ness and the absolute kitten storm of player QQ has been hurricane force.

I always wanted pet classes to have some equity, not become the brain dead Petting Zoo solution to dumb down the game so any short attention span mouth-breathing consumer can win at tournament level simply by pet spawning and spamming skills face roll style.

I too would want to enjoy pet classes but not in a way that I have little to no control over the AI. The ranger pet themselves need more micromanagement and skill usage that requires positioning awareness however due to certain limitations of AI (terrain, pathing, etc) it’s kinda difficult to give more control to the player over the AI (the attack/guard and F2 control over the pet is so lackluster I feel that letting the pet train down a target to god knows where is the best usage of your pet right now). Innate skills of pets should all be controlled by the player and not some RNG by the AI pet. But to do this, AI should be at least in a way less susceptible to the AOE spamfest that the current meta dictates. But giving AI more HP wont be necessary if such condi AOE and cleave spam are brought in line in the first place.

I still wish to see this kind of change not only to Ranger spirits and pets but to all summoned AI as well (minions, clones, etc) so that bringing AI provides more to the table as well as more player driven skill plays and not just become the clutter fest, fire and forget AI that they are right now.

As to the changes made to the Spirits, it’s a long overdue change. The passive effects that scales very well in group play can now have the down time that they badly needed. It now requires more thought out play on when and where to summon spirits. However, the cast time should have also been significantly reduced so that losing the spirits won’t be so much of a weight because this adds to the significant down time they have right now. But still, a good change and a step in the right direction.

Necros, S/D thieves, and Warriors are next

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

i think this is good balance. because this will only really force spirit rangers to summon spirits before fights because they cant have a permanent uptime. Also its not a huge deal because the CD is reduced to 25 seconds so if they die it u just wait the CD… LIKE EVERY OTHER CLASS. lol

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

I understand the knockdown thing (although that could be the hardest nerf out of the 2) BUT I thought the timing the spirits was one of the few things spirit rangers had to actually plan out.

I mean that’s removing the potential for good gameplay is what that nerf is. Now if people still play spirits it will be even more mindless and less beneficial :/

How does this change remove the potential for good game play? Before a spirit ranger could go into a fight with spirits already out and off recharge allowing them to instantly re-summon them once they died. There is no counter play to that.

The spirits last for a limited duration so that the ranger must make a conscious choice when to summon them or else they could go on recharge early in a fight if you use them ‘mindlessly’. This also provides a downtime window of 25 seconds once they have died that a player knows they can deal with the ranger. This works consistently with other minions now.

We are obviously watching any changes we make closely and will make adjustments if it is necessary.

Okay, sorry about not being able to respond until now I’ve been busy with work and stuff.

But what I mean to say as a spirit ranger you want your spirits up as much as possible. It’s up to your opponents to kill them. Not summoning them because you’re afraid they might die is just as bad as them dying early.

So rangers will just spawn them right before a fight and right when they come off cooldown… every time. Less thought at least imo. Then again you’re be right it’s better than just spamming them WHENEVER they’re off cooldown.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Your opinion is a knee-jerk reaction to a “nerf” that isn’t even really a big nerf.

It’s enough to completely remove the spirit build from the game.

Nobody would be stupid enough to run the build knowing they have no stun breaks, little condition removal and 30 points traited to something that’s dead most of the time.

Spirit ranger should be an even easier kill now. Just kill the spirits at the onset of every fight, save your interrupts for the recast and you have almost a minute to kill a defenseless ranger with conditions.

Hi I’m a mesmer that has generally seen no requests to be on a team since June 25th. You think this spirit nerf was bad at least over half your skills didn’t see a 20% defacto increase unless you go completely into shatter. Just sayin… Umadbro?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I too would want to enjoy pet classes but not in a way that I have little to no control over the AI. The ranger pet themselves need more micromanagement and skill usage that requires positioning awareness however due to certain limitations of AI (terrain, pathing, etc) it’s kinda difficult to give more control to the player over the AI (the attack/guard and F2 control over the pet is so lackluster I feel that letting the pet train down a target to god knows where is the best usage of your pet right now). Innate skills of pets should all be controlled by the player and not some RNG by the AI pet. But to do this, AI should be at least in a way less susceptible to the AOE spamfest that the current meta dictates. But giving AI more HP wont be necessary if such condi AOE and cleave spam are brought in line in the first place.

Was it Ragnorok online?
I believe that game would allow you to script your own AI for pet classes

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

This was long overdue.

so when spirits die, ranger is left defenseless for 25 seconds? wow. lol

^
LOL, yes this is how CDs are supposed to work.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

It’s enough to completely remove the spirit build from the game.

Nobody would be stupid enough to run the build knowing they have no stun breaks, little condition removal and 30 points traited to something that’s dead most of the time.

Spirit ranger should be an even easier kill now. Just kill the spirits at the onset of every fight, save your interrupts for the recast and you have almost a minute to kill a defenseless ranger with conditions.

1 minute, I guess you don’t get interrupted all that often do you?
25 seconds + 5 seconds = not 1 minute.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Can you blame anybody for despising a class that doesn’t have a single utility that makes you think “That might be tricky to pull off?”

I have to completely agree with this sentiment right here. I main ranger, and I just absolutely hate the utility options. Traps are the only ones that are now meaningful and at the same time a little less mindless (spirits are probably okay now, but I just don’t like the build to begin with). Rangers also kind of just lack the need for skill rotations.

For the most part, in order to do damage, the rotation of how you use the skills can be completely disregarded, and most skills aren’t even that punishing if you whiff them, especially with many short cooldowns, and ease of use to be effective requirements (no real skill shots, just “get close, get away, kite to flank a little”).

AND, the pet is just an AI controlled tacked on source of damage. Traits don’t effect functionality at all, and the class doesn’t really have much customization in what they choose to do with the pets, on top of them being an AI nuisance (AI with useful RNG skill rotations and fair damage is not good for competitive play, ever).

So yeah, definitely. The only thing I think I ever get irritated with the community with is when they blame ranger players, like those players really have a choice, other than to switch classes (which is asking a little too much, because you never know if there is any sentimental attachment to that character or anything, there are other factors).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Xfusion.2931

Xfusion.2931

as a ranger im so glad spirits were nerfed it was so boring to play(still is playable)… but the problem is we dont have any other viable builds at all…….

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

as a ranger im so glad spirits were nerfed it was so boring to play(still is playable)… but the problem is we dont have any other viable builds at all…….

The fun of any game is coming up with different and unique specs and having them work. The majority of people in this game arn’t very creative at all. They find one build that is easy to play and anyother new builds are instantly called bad. Experiment i am sure you will be surprised.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Was it Ragnorok online?
I believe that game would allow you to script your own AI for pet classes

I’m not sure Ragnarok had that system. I want to have more like Granado Espada type of micro management for “excess avatars” aside from your main character to be fully controlled by the player. It’s tedious on the part of the designer and the player but it rewards skillful play since you are basically controlling more than one character to maximum level. This is multi-character control PVP at itz finest (but the game is pretty old and outdated), IMO.

I wish spirits and pets, clones, minions, etc work like this. You have full control of positioning them and activate certain skills, etc. But one can only dream. :P

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Hector.6950

Hector.6950

My main is ranger and I’m very happy with this nerf. Good job Anet!

Every change that takes more skill to pull off is a good thing. Though I agree with most people out here when they say, the real problem is still there. Many traits and utility’s that don’t make any sense and are left unused. There are only a few viable builds left, in which the spirit ranger still stands out the most. I hope Anet now takes the time to look into some serious ranger issues and comes up with more build variety.

Overall, good changes. Keep them coming!

in PvP

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

This works consistently with other minions now.

Your argument is invalid

Why necro minions, banners and turrets don’t have duration but spirits do?
Why necro minions, and guardian spirits follow you by default but ranger spirits don’t?
Why banners and turrets can be “taken back” but static ranger spirits can’t?
[Insert here others classes differences]

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Ya’all are too silly to attack the spirits anyway. Doesn’t affect me at all

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I would call this a “Bug Fix/Buff”.

-All spirits can now be launched, knocked down, and knocked back. Finally was wondering when this would be added/fixed.

Nice buff to Spirit Recharge.

Nice buff to Spirit Elite recharge.

Nice buff to being able now to reply to QQ threads with but they nerft our Spirit’s.

Good bye baddies.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Stop overreacting,i can now understand how a dev feels..People dont have a clue what this change is and they start complaining with no reason…..

You just have to cast spirits just before the battle starts and be more carefull..But even if they die you still gonna have their passives for a long time,so still you gonna burn-protection.
Ive done some tests yesterday and only 9secs you left out without the passives effect..Still Ranger aint totally defenseless as ppl state,your utilities are on small CD,its not the end of the world,L2P..
25sec aint that much

And also for ppl complaining that this is a pvp change and it shouldnt work that way in pve…You are sooooo wrong,this is a buff in pve guys…..In pve spirits die mooooooooore times than pvp,a small mistake and they might die twice in a row.Pve got bosses with big strong aoe,you can dodge but spirits cant.Before you had to wait 60sec to recast em,now 25sec…Hows this not a buff?

@Eurantien
Im pretty sure that Storm Spirits active scale with power,have you test it?Cause i remember trying some troll zerker builds with storm spirit and the tooltip show more dmg

in PvP

Posted by: stobes.9254

stobes.9254

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

/thread

TUPRO. VICTORY AT LONG LAST!

Pandaz

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Dear Spirit Rangers,

We understand how you feel. There is a support club for the rest of us already.

Signed
Minion Mancers, Spirit Weapon Guardians, Turret Engineers, and Conjured Weapon Elementalists.

Um. I don’t think you don’t. Running spirits is the only useful build the ranger has for GROUP play. Every other build is single target (besides trap ranger but why bring that when you could have a necro) and complete crap compared to other classes. However the spirit nerf is fair and hopefully people can stop whining about “Spirit Ranger OPness”

Guess what you need to do now when you play Spirits? Put them in a safe place.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Dear Spirit Rangers,

We understand how you feel. There is a support club for the rest of us already.

Signed
Minion Mancers, Spirit Weapon Guardians, Turret Engineers, and Conjured Weapon Elementalists.

Um. I don’t think you don’t. Running spirits is the only useful build the ranger has for GROUP play. Every other build is single target (besides trap ranger but why bring that when you could have a necro) and complete crap compared to other classes. However the spirit nerf is fair and hopefully people can stop whining about “Spirit Ranger OPness”

Guess what you need to do now when you play Spirits? Put them in a safe place.

Won’t do for the average player hence the ones complaining.I find it rather amusing how someone could indulge to think that rangers used spirits for their buffs while in reality all they were used for was exploiting broken game mechanics by hiding inside their pet zerg.Targeting, single target abilitie blocks, projectile nullification and so on, while getting buffed and no risk at all because no cooldown.If someone could kindly explain another (reasonable)reason for using pet spam on necro or ranger i would be happy to change opinion xd. (Not)

in PvP

Posted by: Krugash.4920

Krugash.4920

So many clueless people.

These changes didn’t do sheet to fix the problems, still lots of haters perceive it as a nerf and are happy about it. They just fed you a patch with nothing but the “spirit ranger nerf totem” and you’re dancing around it.

Problems were: body blocking, targeting, visual effects mess, passive procs.

None of those has been fixed, and if anything, they just penalized who was countering the class in the right way, cause they could have left the ranger without a single utility for about a minute. Now they can just let the spirits die to proc the effect and resummon them, if anything the effects are even more spammable.

You QQ about a class and just demand for nerfs, when it’s the whole combat mechanic that has to be revamped. Like all the fotm bandwagoners will keep playing it, after a class it’s nerfed. They’ll just move to the next unbalanced class and all you’ll have achieved nothing but removing build diversity from the game.

If you wanna help balance the game, go to the ranger board, and help main rangers get the changes they’ve been asking since launch. No other class has mechanic and utilities plagued by so much randomness, passiveness and bugs like theirs.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

plz hurry

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

It’s sad the way this entire thing went down. The community seemed to be dealing with spirit rangers just fine on their own – all except a few people who really didn’t know how to play their class. I stopped using spirits a couple weeks ago because it was too difficult dealing with stuns, interrupts and long recast times. There are much easier builds to play than a spirit build – especially now.

I have seen this very thing happen in almost every other game and every other class in the past. People die to a certain build, so rather than find a way to beat them, they run to the forums and complain – hoping that the devs will make it easier for them. The devs give in just to shut them up and people start leaving the game in droves.

It may seem easier to just run to the forums and complain every time get killed, but in reality, it’s much easier just to learn to play your class!

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

So lets get the facts out there shall we:
- Some top rangers actually think this patch buffed them
- Having tested it against GOOD PEOPLE (like probably nobody else on this forum has) the elite res spirit is still auto-win team fights
- The fact they get launched is borderline irrelevant
- Spirits still body block you
- You still cant see anything ever
- Spirit ranger is still the most insanely powerful build AND the lamest by far as it is a build which LITERALLY stops you from playing the game by making you see nothing
- Bad people in this thread moan about something which was barely even nerfed
- Some people are saying this patch was actually a buff
- The spirits passive buffs still linger for basically the whole time

Yeh. In fact the res spirit got buffed as now if it dies 10 seconds after spawning it then you get it back 50 seconds faster.

Spirit ranger still needs nerfing to make it bad so that people can actually get back to seeing anything which happens ever.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: PeepMeDown.5017

PeepMeDown.5017

- Having tested it against GOOD PEOPLE (like probably nobody else on this forum has) the elite res spirit is still auto-win team fights
- Spirit ranger is still the most insanely powerful build AND the lamest by far as it is a build which LITERALLY stops you from playing the game by making you see nothing

Yeh. In fact the res spirit got buffed as now if it dies 10 seconds after spawning it then you get it back 50 seconds faster.

Spirit ranger still needs nerfing to make it bad so that people can actually get back to seeing anything which happens ever.

agreed

in PvP

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

Vamp… think for a minute about the concept of counter play.

An ele can now updraft the spirit res. Guards can Banish. Warriors can Backbreaker it.

That is balanced. Most terrible players will not even see that opportunity. Good players will.

Spirits now actually have a price. That is great for the game and honestly this kind of change was needed about a month ago.

The price is nothing though. A spirit ranger has so much health and toughness, and he or she still has 2 pets to deal with. Have fun trying to kill them in 25 seconds.

And blowing stuns and cc on pet is generally considered a pretty idea. (unless it’s a spirit of nature of course, but we know that cd has been shortened by a wooping 60 seconds.)

A better nerf would be lowering the hp of spirits instead of the knockdown and what not, that’s my take on this whole spirit problem.

meh since i used to be a spirit ranger im gonna test it and see how it goes.

(edited by showatt.9413)

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The changes are neither good or bad. They’ve moved the spirits inline with all other similar skills. The overall change is a nerf as the spirits are clearly more difficult to use. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing though. No one in this thread or over the past 2 months has been able to say why spirits are overpowered in a way that the Ranger needs to be nerfed though.

Everything you’re listing is targetting and AI related. It would seem the best way to nerf Rangers is for tab targetting to prioritize players before pets. That or entirely change the spirit mechanic to simply put auras on the active pet instead of spawning spirits at all.

But no one is really complaining about what the spirits actually do… only the way they behave.