Rangers pets damage, broken AI

in PvP

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

I just took 7k dmg from a pet, using http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tail_Swipe, and I don’t talk about the ranger itself, troll unguent etc, which is also too much survability imo, while doing condition damage, cheapest stat .
This situation reminds me to stampede, wow patch 5.2……. And you know how much people quited that game after those kittened patches.

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Don’t run Berserker?

to get hit for 7K by tailswipe, he’d have to pop Signet of the Wild while having Signet of the Hunt up (which can be used before the fight, or popping Greatsword number 5) while having you with no toughness, while you being completely obviously to the Tail Swip Animation of something the size of Godzilla.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

dovrak.4376

Tailswipe damage is 647, while a backstab is 806. I think it’s over the top for a thing that chase you forever, no matter where you go, and it’s very hard to kill itself.

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Tail Swipe is also on a 30 second cd..

But burst should be exclusive to thieves only. I hear ya.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Xsorus.2507

Tailswipe damage is 647, while a backstab is 806. I think it’s over the top for a thing that chase you forever, no matter where you go, and it’s very hard to kill itself.

Pets make up a portion of the Rangers Damage, the Ranger himself does lower damage because he has a pet.

I’m sorry you’re a glass cannon thief and got popped real hard because your situational awareness is bad.

Don’t spec so glassy next time

in PvP

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

Some of you seem to forget that rangers can spec to have an insanely DPS pet and yet still be beast himself by going full condition damage/whatever defensive stats that goes with them.

Since pet stats have no relation to what the ranger is wearing, you can build a condition ranger ( in which condition builds are meant to sustain/bunker ) and have a “zerker” pet.

This is fact, and the reason rangers are rampant in pvp now.
No need to be ignorant Xsorus.

EDIT : And it seems you main ranger, no wonder you’re defending it like the second coming of jesus.

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Some of you seem to forget that rangers can spec to have an insanely DPS pet and yet still be beast himself by going full condition damage/whatever defensive stats that goes with them.

Since pet stats have no relation to what the ranger is wearing, you can build a condition ranger ( in which condition builds are meant to sustain/bunker ) and have a “zerker” pet.

EDIT : And it seems you main ranger, no wonder you’re defending it like the second coming of jesus.

We told them MANY MANY times, OVER and OVER again that Ranger is NOT the problem but their PET…They don’t really listen to us.. Sign…Get the Pets scale with Ranger Stats, end of all the dramma.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

God forbid that rangers be allowed one ability that does more than 3k damage. Also was mentioned, the pet was obviously buffed by a minimum of 2 utilities to achieve that hit. Then there is the long telegraphed animation the ability has.

Or you could just cripple/chill the pet and then strafe sideways in circles around your target while stabbing them. Never get hit by ranger pets again.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in PvP

Stealth.9324

God forbid that rangers be allowed one ability that does more than 3k damgae.

Or you could just snare pet and then strafe sideways in circles around your target while stabbing them. Never get hit by pet again.

God forbid that rangers be allowed one ability that does more than 3k damgae with just auto attack whilst being a BUNKER. There fixed it for you

in PvP

Kravick.4906

Or you could just snare pet and then strafe sideways in circles around your target while stabbing them. Never get hit by pet again.

God forbid that rangers be allowed one ability that does more than 3k damgae with just auto attack whilst being a BUNKER. There fixed it for you

Rangers aren’t actually very good bunkers. Notice how they have trouble with even 2 people hitting them. 3 people will just murder them. Its only 1v1 that people obviously have trouble, but this game isn’t balanced around 1v1, nor should it. If it were, mesmers and thieves would need dramatically less burst and would need a severe nerf.

Rangers are definitely no guardian or engineer when it comes to bunkering a point. Guardians and engineers will bunker 3 people all day long and live. 1 well played thief can easily break a bunker ranger in half. I see the trade off of less bunker ability for a bit more damage to be reasonable. Especially when they invest all of their traits into their pets, which rangers have to do to make them hit that hard.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Rangers aren’t actually very good bunkers. Notice how they have trouble with even 2 people hitting them. 3 people will just murder them. Its only 1v1 that people obviously have trouble, but this game isn’t balanced around 1v1, nor should it. If it were, mesmers and thieves would need dramatically less burst and would need a severe nerf.

Rangers are definitely no guardian or engineer when it comes to bunkering a point. 1 well skilled thief can easily break a bunker ranger in half. I see the trade off of less bunker ability for a bit more damage to be reasonable.

My friend r40, Champion Hunter ,Bunker Spirit, SB/S&D and he can hold our home point against 2 with ease. With 3, he need helps but he put up a good fight alone bf we are even there to help him (like 2mins).

in PvP

Kravick.4906

My friend r40, Champion Hunter ,Bunker Spirit, SB/S&D and he can hold our home point against 2 with ease. With 3, he need helps but he put up a good fight alone bf we are even there to help him (like 2mins).

Your friend is not beast mastery then if hes running a bunker spirit build. His pet will never achieve that kind of damage. Why are you bringing spirits into this to prove a point about beast mastery rangers?

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiberius.3802

Tiberius.3802

Rangers are definitely no guardian or engineer when it comes to bunkering a point. 1 well skilled thief can easily break a bunker ranger in half. I see the trade off of less bunker ability for a bit more damage to be reasonable.

If he can hold 2 people with ease, then they’re not using enough CCs. A few CCs, and the “bunker” ranger’s down.

in PvP

Stealth.9324

If he can hold 2 people with ease, then they’re not using enough CCs. A few CCs, and the “bunker” ranger’s down.

Remind me again how many evade attack does S/D set ranger has again, pls? And what is the CD on theirs too pls? And also, can u please look at what CD for other CCs skill? Then you can let me know later

in PvP

Kravick.4906

Remind me again how many evade attack does S/D set ranger has again, pls?

What does that have to do with ranger pets, when traited, doing respectable damage?

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Stealth.9324

2. What does that have to do with ranger pets, when traited, doing respectable damage?

Eh really? Why I counted 3? Sword 2,3 and Dagger 4? U must have been really tired from all that typing. Oh and we should not forget about the one from Trait too. I think it is called Shared Anquish or something… Come on, I don’t main Ranger, you know.

in PvP

Stealth.9324

What does that have to do with ranger pets, when traited, doing respectable damage?

The question is to counter the previous post, please read them for more infos.

Now, I don;t mind if Ranger Pets doing Respectable Damage when Traited. That is what I wish for. But at the current state, Ranger can be a BUNKER trait and PET still DEAL DAMS as if he is a DPS trait seems way off to me.

in PvP

Tiberius.3802

Oh, pipe down. We have 3 dodges, plus the normal two. We basically use them for the plethora of bursts other classes have. If someone catches us with a CC, when we’re not in a dodge animation, it’s easily over for us in a few seconds.

On top of that, if we have a major amount of conditions on us, we’re easily done for as well as the majority of BM Rangers have a Health Pool below 17k.

(edited by Tiberius.3802)

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Oh, pipe down. We have 3 dodges, plus the normal two. We basically use them from the plethora of bursts other classes have. If someone catches us with a CC, when we’re not in a dodge animation, it’s easily over for us in a few seconds.

LOL, I am chill, so no Pipe Down for me. Sure it will be most likely the case. But a Pro Ranger will get his escape while the others don’t. Is it not the same with other Bunkers as well?

in PvP

Stealth.9324

stop crying about rangers u fools,
i cant read such kitten all the time…
its only because u are to stupid to know how to play against ranger and his pets
and when u go 1vs1 a buner its your own fault…
or do u have 1vs1 the ele bunker also when he was on homepoint?!
there are not much ranger players on tournament,
or do u ppls see more rangers then ele, mes, engi, thief in high ranked teams?!
this forum is full of no skilled players just crying kitten
and anet ist stupid enough to listen u!

this class was never op and u have qq well all
nerf inc and ranger leave the tournament again
there is no strong build, only beastmaster which is not so good in teamfights like bomb engin

Hm… Call others fool is not nice. But it seems that you are uncapable of comprehend what we are trying to message to you here. RANGER ITSELF IS FINE< IT IS THE PET THAT IS PROBLEMATIC AND HIS MECHANIC. You get it now? If not, well then I give up LOL>..

in PvP

Tiberius.3802

A “pro” ranger has limited “escapes” if he’s CCd. So where’s the problem?

Also, I would really love to know what class you play as.

in PvP

Stealth.9324

So all other class, the problem like in Pet Dams whilst being a Bunker… However, CCd Skill are way limited compared to Ranger Dodged Ability. So if he is timing right and play smart, he rarely get CCd. I play an Elementalist. There you go. Some people mistakes my name and thought I was main thief, therefore discredit all my opinion on Thief Matter… LOL

in PvP

Tiberius.3802

To be honest, I’m having a hard time understanding, now, with the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE pathing, how a pet can even catch you, let alone even damage you with it’s “over powered” damage.

Something tells me you’re standing still for too long or you don’t know when to use your CCs.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

its just enough for me i play ranger since release and have 2500 ranger games

all the kittening time ppls cry ranger is op and anet bring nerf after nerf to this broken class mechanic

i remember the trapper op qq, this forum is full of stupid ppls…
trapper wasnt nerfed because ppls found stronger hgh engin and ranger trapper op qq stoped, but no hgh engin op qq started?!

WTF is wrong with this community, all hate ranger
it started after first nerfs and long time nor rangers at tournament
ppls just dont know all the time, how to handle, im pretty sure much ppls dont know ranger traits and skills too, im so sure about that
for me it just ends at hate after long time

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Kravick.4906

Now, I don;t mind if Ranger Pets doing Respectable Damage when Traited. That is what I wish for. But at the current state, Ranger can be a BUNKER trait and PET still DEAL DAMS as if he is a DPS trait seems way off to me.

Hm… Call others fool is not nice. But it seems that you are uncapable of comprehend what we are trying to message to you here. RANGER ITSELF IS FINE< IT IS THE PET THAT IS PROBLEMATIC AND HIS MECHANIC. You get it now? If not, well then I give up LOL>..

Do you play a thief? Your grammatical inaccuracies and fervent whining about an easily counter-able build because you can’t 1v1 it is really starting to fit the stereotype here. Might I suggest that you start working with your TEAM, in this TEAM game, where you can work with a TEAM of players against a single target, to solve this over exaggerated problem you have with these boogey rangers? You might be surprised by how easily you can kill them.

Also, stop whining, jeez.

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Come on, I don’t main Ranger, you know.

Yeah, that’s pretty obvious, to say the least…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Tiberius.3802

Yeah, I have no idea if he’s just trying to be ironic, now.

“I don’t main a ranger! But I’ll sure as hell whine about them!”

Flawless logic.

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Flawless logic.

My logic is I don’t main a Ranger, Yet I understand the class MORE than some of you out there… Ranger has only 2 DODGES is just.. SPEECHLESS….

in PvP

Tiberius.3802

Flawless logic.

My logic is I don’t main a Ranger, Yet I understand the class MORE than some of you out there… Ranger has only 2 DODGES is just.. SPEECHLESS….

Grasping at straws now, huh? Keep that logic a-flowing!

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Do you play a thief? Your grammatical inaccuracies and fervent whining about an easily counter-able build because you can’t 1v1 it is really starting to fit the stereotype here. Might I suggest that you start working with your TEAM, in this TEAM game, where you can work with a TEAM of players against a single target, to solve this over exaggerated problem you have with these boogey rangers? You might be surprised by how easily you can kill them.

OK LOL, I give up… I do play Thief. And thanks for pointing out my GRAMMAR. Guess speaking 4 different Languages somehow dull my English skill a lot that some people can not even comprehended. Oh well…

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Flawless logic.

Grasping at straws now, huh? Keep that logic a-flowing!

What straws ???Care to elaborate a bit?

in PvP

dovrak.4376

So you’re saying that you should 1v2 a ranger (which arguably count as 2) to actually take him down? Oh and he can self res whit his.. well you know, lovely friend.

in PvP

Tiberius.3802

So you’re saying that you should 1v2 a ranger (which arguably count as 2) to actually take him down? Oh and he can self res whit his.. well you know, lovely friend.

Yes, because, get this! He’s a bunker! Not only that but a bunker that can even die in a few CCs. Yes, bunkers should have 2 players on them, not just the BM bunker.

As for Stealth, I am going to cease my replies to you as you seem to not even comprehend simple English, so there is no further point in dragging this on. Good day.

in PvP

Kravick.4906

Yes, because the build in question is… wait for it… A BUNKER BUILD! That is the entire point of bunker builds. To hold out on point until help arrives. At no point should you ever expect to beat a bunker build 1v1. If you are stupid enough to run into a point with a bunker on it, and are further lapse in judgement when it comes to running away from said point when your health is low, you deserve to die. Simple as that.

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Oidmetala.8426

gj moderator delete my post

u guys from anet should better know we ranger players feel alone atm and im not the only one of them…
most of cummunity just flame, hate and qq about rangers

so no wonder when some main rangers rage a bit, u should better go to ur balance team and say to them how broken the ranger trait system is, because of this trait system beastmaster is only strong build atm!
only working build is beastmaster because the traits at ranger are shared wrong!

trapper is allready death, its so weak and nerf pet dmg remove rangers beastmaster at tourny too! also makes trapper more weak

and atm also not much good teams running a beastmaster ranger, i know only 3!
beastmaster ranger is no must have in team for wins, so dont know the op qqs

well much ppls i know was main ranger allrdy leave the game after first stupid patches and i was stupid enough to learn bunker guard because nobody was play with rangers in team at this time
but now i will leave ur broken pvp too when u are not able to put more builds for rangers in this game
this class is btw the weakest in pve too!
and dont call the class RANGER when its a bunker with a stupid pet! and is not able to make dmg with bows!

in PvP

dovrak.4376

Yes, because the build in question is… wait for it… A BUNKER BUILD! That is the entire point of bunker builds. To hold out on point until help arrives. At no point should you ever expect to beat a bunker build 1v1. If you are stupid enough to run into a point with a bunker on it, and are further lapse in judgement when it comes to running away from said point when your health is low, you deserve to die. Simple as that.

Problem is your ’’bunker’’ is actually doing similar damage like non bunkers builds. Simple as that.

(edited by dovrak.4376)

in PvP

Kravick.4906

Problem is your ’’bunker’’ is actually doing similar damage like non bunkers builds. Simple as that.

No, it really isn’t. There is also the fact that you can walk away from this build at any time. This build does not utilize greatsword or bows and has very little ability to chase a target down. If you’re dying to a BM ranger, stop standing there and letting him kill you. Its as simple as that.

Rangers have never received a buff to pet damage. Pets have always hit as hard as they do from the very beginning of the game. Why are people whining about this now, 9 months after the game released?

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

2. What does that have to do with ranger pets, when traited, doing respectable damage?

Eh really? Why I counted 3? Sword 2,3 and Dagger 4? U must have been really tired from all that typing. Oh and we should not forget about the one from Trait too. I think it is called Shared Anquish or something… Come on, I don’t main Ranger, you know.

that’d explain your ignorance.
rangers currently rely on too much passive stuff – passive condition removal and the pet as a passive ( major ) source of damage. make it more active and give the ranger more active control of the pet – or shift the damage to the ranger and make pets support/control with more options to supplement the build you aim for.
thus the fotm guys would finally leave as the ranger is harder to play initially, yet more rewarding if you actually master the class and play it on a decent level.
bunker rangers don’t really need to play well to do their job – they have like literally no pressure at all and just using a quarter of the potential the ranger actually has seems enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

it’s a general thing about bunkers – you send 2+ dps to deal with them, this is not a ranger only problem.

edit: bm ranger is actually not the only viable build out there, it’s just the easiest to play. it’s nearly on par with s/d thieves and hgh engineer – they’re just too effective for the amount of skill they require to play.

(edited by Battosai.5620)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Bunker spec dealing 5+ k burst dmg + condition dmg….sounds really rtrded, but if you’re a ranger it’s fine…

Nerf thieves and wars instead..

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

If you ask around this is the problem order:

1. Leash range is too far. I agree.
2. Evade spam is too strong. I agree.
3. Regen (coupled with evade spam is a hefty combo.) I agree.
4. Pet damage. I do not think that pet damage is too high. The AI is bad and running in large circles should not be able to reduce someones damage almost completely.

in PvP

Oidmetala.8426

yes agree!
its evade spam, lets create ranger and spam ur evade random pro!
then u will se how fast u can die

good rangers have to watch animations rly well
as ranger u are always more in the deff then in the offensive
u have to watch animations well for the right dodge, if u spam them gg

i play much trapper at 1vs1 because its fun, and trust me evade spam is fast death
bm forgive it more to u, but spam evades with bm in 2vs1 fast death also!

as elem or thief u play offensive, dont have to watch so much animations of other players! u will always the one who start the fight and rangers have to react with dodges at the skills.
and when good rangers dodge well its for u lame or op, but nobody see the ranger also do a great job when he dodge good and watch the animations
in my mind rangers are the class which have to be most care about other players animations if u whant to be a good ranger!

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

You ever tried getting a drake to crit? That was like a 1 in 20 chance. You were unlucky.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

as elem or thief u play offensive, dont have to watch so much animations of other players

Just lol…go try a glass thief in tpvp giving a kitten bout your surroundings oh mighty ranger…see what happens..

in PvP

Oidmetala.8426

i have played d/d thief at tournament too before the patch was out!

u go much stealth and attack at right time and then port out!
its true u have to attack at right time, but u dont have to watch so much animations for the right dodge because u port out!
u have 2 dodges with thief when u go melee, its not the playstyle of the thief to stay mellee and dodge around?!

well new s/d thief do that now, but much ports too

edit: and wtf we talking about
i dont whanted to start a thief discussion just say ranger is not evade spam

(edited by Oidmetala.8426)

in PvP

Posted by: Nialiss.6459

Nialiss.6459

I don’t have too much of a problem with ranger pet damage but the fear/stun spam and their perma chasing all the way across the map is absolutely ridiculous.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

edit: and wtf we talking about
i dont whanted to start a thief discussion just say ranger is not evade spam

as elem or thief u play offensive, dont have to watch so much animations of other players

Just pointing out this is stupid..you started it and i replied..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

Xsorus.2507

I’m defending it because I created the spec and I know its limitations and what happened to this baddie that got him hit for 7k.

By the way, The fact he got hit for 7k by tailswipe tells me this isn’t a Bunker Ranger… since He had to pop the things I listed to achieve the damage done to him it would suggest a Maul Build Ranger… since very few if any actual bunker rangers will pop Signet of the Wild to hit someone with their pet (and have a major source of their ability to bunker to be down for them)

As for Building defensive and having a “zerker” pet…Welcome to pretty much ever MMO to date that had Pets.

I’ll name 2 off the top of my head, DAOC and Warhammer Online.

Both Games allowed you to build incredibly Defensive (Bonedancer anyone) while having a hard hitting pet….Warhammer Online with Squig Herder and White Lion offered the same thing.

Necromancers in Rift with Soul Purge

in PvP

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Hi, I’m bunker.

Tecnically your not a bunker, there are no points to defend in wvw and even if there are, you will be zerged anyway.

Anyway as someone has said rangers rely on too much passive stuff, pretty much like mesmers. That’s why i think these two classes are bad designed. AI based specs shouldn’t exist in this game. I think bm spec is counterable (like every mesmer spec), but this doesn’t mean is well designed.