Rank Farmers - Question to ARENANET.

in PvP

Posted by: Berlibee.6395

Berlibee.6395

Hello,

I’m sorry if this is a “Heater” topic but i’ve recently started to play again after a long OFF PERIOD. GW2 was one of the most interesting PvP games that I ever played. And I can say that I still enjoy the Arenas. But what I saw today just shocked me. You can join a server where people don’t fight. They just staying at one point and in turn capture the exact same point. Red Team -> Blue Team -> Red Team -> Blue Team -> …. and getting points for that and farming rank.

So my question is very simple. We’re all playing for “something” right? So why to play if there is no result at all. I mean ranks are cheated, armor also with the same system. So where is the point if GW2 allow cheating like this and how to enjoy the game is there is no control over it?

Thank you.

This is my story…

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkcomet.2975

Pinkcomet.2975

Ran in to this kind of match once. Before Glory remove a few days.

Dragon is my goal. Yes I feel it cool.
But I just stand there to observe how they do. thinking…..

It won’t cool at all if i’m a Dragon but still play like chit. get kill by Deer.
Actually it’s embarrassing.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Let them farm. Ranks never really met anything in the first place, and April feature patch even further diminished there value.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

It has always been the easiest way to get rewards in pvp. And whenever i’m in queue i still report them for exploiting since the dev in the skyhammer farm thread told us to.
Soon we’ll see more of these servers pop up again because of the new pvp armor track.
All the pve heroes will want this new special pvp armor without actually pvping :’)

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: dday.9532

dday.9532

you should not get rank points in hotjoin imo

in PvP

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I don’t play a lot of pvp (rank30) but I don’t think they care, I reported many times those farming server and they are still there.

The first time I noticed it I was on hotjoin for the sole purpose of testing a build, it was obvously Skyhammer, as soon as I logged in I saw all 3 point red and everyone was fighting in middle, the score was like 300-10, I decided to go mid (I was red) to figure out what was happening, it looked like a bar fight.
The next match I was blue so when the game started I capped close and then far, after that I was banned from the server XD.

The name was something like SKYHAMMER FARM ! RED WINS!

/disgusted

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

The old rank system was a cute token reward that did almost nothing to distinguish players beyond rank 10, nothing more. Now rank means less than nothing

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No one really cares about ranks anymore. All you really get is a cool title and a dragon finisher. Unfortunately the finisher isn’t even that great. ANET has purposely made the best finishers as gem store purchases.

in PvP

Berlibee.6395

So I can’t understand guys, what is the point to play in PvP if you can’t really EARN something interesting in the game by your skill, time and experience? I think it’s a very serious question.

Why not just to add a Damage / Kills tracker to the game and if a player is not doing / getting damage during the game he’s not getting any points at the end of the game for example or something similar.

What do you think?

This is my story…

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

About upcoming Glory PvP set…

Let’s just block the progress of this track for hotjoins/custom arenas. So, you know, people actually have to PvP to get PvP armor.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Let’s just block the progress of this track for hotjoins/custom arenas. So, you know, people actually have to PvP to get PvP armor.

This.

No one really cares about rank but you can exp reward tracks in farm servers, so the entire pvp reward system can be cheated.

Simply solution, you can’t progress on your track in custom arenas, but only in Anet official “rotation” servers (hotjoin/soloqueue/teamqueue).

in PvP

Berlibee.6395

Sounds like a good plan too.

This is my story…

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Or they could just take their reports seriously.
You can report the servers for exploiting but nothing seems to be done.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

This further alienates the player base and will bring back the forum topics “Why can’t we have a rank req for soloq, all i get are bads” I’m all for banning custom arenas from progression since there are apparently rank farm servers? (rank already didn’t mean anything anyway, but that’s a separate topic) Hotjoin is already fine as it is since it has a progression cap for the reward tracks and it is there for people that don’t want to play semi-competitively/yolo (soloq) or fully competitive/yolo (tpvp).

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

there is no problem with this

better this guys farm this in some custom arenans than in my soloQ matches

seriously

and why you guy even care? Is not the progress limited in custom and hotjoin to 2 tiers per day?

dont understand why ppl even qq about this – how does it matter how this ppl farm this 2 tiers? – and this customarena thing is even the longest way for this

so what?

other problems more important

stop trieing to be an old woman looking on all other ppl to have something to say – its annoying

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Rank really doesn’t mean anything aside from how much time you’ve spent in PVP. Before it was just a gate you had to pass if you wanted PVP armors, free bags, and rank finishers. Hot joins reward cap on track after 2 tiers. Unlimited in Solo Queue.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Anet dont care PERIOD , dont report ppl its waste of time , reports do nothing.

Onlyz thing we can do and what i am doing is joining those servers betwen ques , go on canon and shoot