Rank and matchmaking

Rank and matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Hello. Did your metrics(same that concluded courtyard is balanced) really show factoring in rank in matchmaking is a good thing? When I say rank I obviously mean animal rank not ladderborsd cuz who cares about that broken thing anyway.

You see being the super social busy bee that I am I made quite a few buddies in my tyrian adventures. Some of them ask me queue with them in pvp. But sadly not all of them are pro farmers like me to reach the best animal that is dragon in their search for dungeoneer, glorious armor, aqua breathers and mini llama.

When I queue with 2 of my dolyak amigos(who by a shocking occurence are better than some of the phoenix/dragons because they used to roam a lot in wvw or simply they fast learners) we get very bad matchups.

Yes, you might say “just carry” but it gets tedious! We get axe/axe rifle warrior(I do know you plan to buff the already borderline OP killshot warrior), dual pistol thief(I saw you guys use that in fractals so it might have some use in pvp that I’m not aware of), typical full signet double bow bearbow and other skillful builds played by equally skillful fellas.

tl;dr Please consider removing the rank requirement from matchmaking algorithm especially since quite a few people have multiple accounts and some guys just learn faster/slower than the current rank progression.