Rank should be class specific

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

On my main, which is mesmer, My skills are platinum rank at least. And I can make it into platinum rank. But I’m working on the legendary backpiece that requires me to get wins on other classes. On my other classes I’m Bronze rank at best.

When I’m on mesmer, my rank goes up to platinum. Then I have to switch to another class to get those wins, and I lose Dozens of matches just to get 5 wins on the other classes i have, because I really don’t belong above bronze rank on my other classes.

Then once I have the wins, I drop down to silver, and hop back on my mesmer and I’m destroying most people in that bracket cause my mesmer doesn’t really belong there. It’s not fair to the other team to have me in that bracket on mesmer, and it’s not fair to me to have to play at a high rank on classes I’m terrible on. And it’s not fun. It’s just a frustrating experience to be honest.

I propose that an account’s rank be split and specific to each class. That way I can , and my opponents, can still have fun regardless if I’m on my main or not. And it will save my teammates so much rank points loss having a noob playing on their team at a higher rank than my actual skill level on the class I’m on.

in PvP

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

I agree 100%.

I’m currently faced with the same dilemma. Main necro (on which I am on an 8 win streak) but went 5-6 on my engi just to get those 5 wins and now I’m going to have to choose a 3rd class I really don’t know how to pvp with to seek 5 wins on.

I really feel sorry for my team mates and I don’t want to admit that I don’t know what I’m doing.

On one hand, the achievement structure forces us into it, but quite apart from that, I’d love to play different classes in ranked and “git gud” over the long term without tanking my rating. Unfortunately, the disparity between ranked and unranked during seasons disincentivises us from doing that.

So +100, let’s have ranks by class!

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You can switch class in match so……

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

when you try to switch class during the match, a message pops up saying, “doing this will put you on a 16 minute time out” or something like that. Maybe you used to be able to change classes mid match, but you can’t anymore. I did try.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

well class leaderboard and locking before match …. The system currently seems to generate matches with OK class distribution. It seems to enforce mirror matches if possible and i haven´t seen more then two of a class one one side for long (yey so much DH´s …).

in PvP

Cynz.9437

when you try to switch class during the match, a message pops up saying, “doing this will put you on a 16 minute time out” or something like that. Maybe you used to be able to change classes mid match, but you can’t anymore. I did try.

you can switch class when you loaded into match but before actual match started

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

I stumbled upon the same problem with the legendary backitem. On the other hand, you can practice the other classes in unranked, and when you feel confident with them you can go ranked. But a class specific rank isnt also a very bad idea I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

locking class on Q and a per class ranking would have solved a lot and built a good base . Of course it does´t solve the mistrust in the MM and that Anet will use the change for a better game …

in PvP

Posted by: Gamble.4580

Gamble.4580

I agree it should be char and not account t as this will stop t he top guild fixing matches on last week so each other gets God of pvp.

[UNTY] Unity guild -AG server
Asura -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: SlaSh.5827

SlaSh.5827

Class specific only if you cannot switch class even before match starts AND team comps are mirror to make sure both team have same chance of winning.

Or, this is not possible because of the number of players tho. (q time may be even longer than now).

Consequently, this idea doesn’t make sense. If one day number of pvp players increase a lot maybe they could consider doing this. But atm no thx. Just go practice your class in unrank and when you are ready you can rank with it.

(edited by SlaSh.5827)

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

You only get credit for the win with the class you actually played on.

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

I’ll explain you what he means what could possibly happen:
Say, I’m bronze tier on my thief. I queue up as a thief and get into a match against other bronzes. Before the match starts, I swap to mesmer, where I’m in platinum tier with.

I gain credit on my platinum mesmer for beating bronze players. #ezwin

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I do and don’t agree. The Ascension is a pvp back piece. It should involve all aspects of pvp which it pretty much does. It should make you pvp on all classes.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I do and don’t agree. The Ascension is a pvp back piece. It should involve all aspects of pvp which it pretty much does. It should make you pvp on all classes.

There’s no evidence that multiclassing makes the player better or more skillful. It’s a dumb requirement.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

There’s no evidence that multiclassing makes the player better or more skillful. It’s a dumb requirement.

Then don’t do what it asks. Don’t make the back piece. Don’t do anything about it. While you’re at it go design your own MMO and put all the shiney stuff in it you want and just give it to yourself.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

Say, I’m bronze tier on my thief. I queue up as a thief and get into a match against other bronzes. Before the match starts, I swap to mesmer, where I’m in platinum tier with.

ohh, then easy fix. character or class lock on queue

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

Then don’t do what it asks. Don’t make the back piece. Don’t do anything about it. While you’re at it go design your own MMO and put all the shiney stuff in it you want and just give it to yourself.

As players, we should be giving the devs feedback and suggestions. If anyone has a different idea to do things, they should just quit, raise tens of millions of dollars, and then design their own MMO? does that make sense to you.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

ohh, then easy fix. character or class lock on queue

It has been discussed before. The community supposedly voted against complete class lock so it won’t happen.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I think they oughtta make mmr class specific so it makes doing a class shift easier for people. Then you take away class stacking/swapping with queues and you end up with a more balanced system overall because then people aren’t abusing op classes/builds and they aren’t abusing the rating change on chars by q’ing as a new class and swapping to their main for easy wins.

Granted the community voted against locks and such but if anet was willing to put all this in at once then the community may vote differently. As I recall during those voting discussions most of the opposition said it was because class stacking wasn’t also being removed so any double thief teams were pretty much screwed (Meta speaking, not skill wise).

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

As players, we should be giving the devs feedback and suggestions. If anyone has a different idea to do things, they should just quit, raise tens of millions of dollars, and then design their own MMO? does that make sense to you.

If the feedback is “make the game super easy so I can get everything plz” it isn’t really feedback, it is just a selfish suggestion.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

If the feedback is “make the game super easy so I can get everything plz” it isn’t really feedback, it is just a selfish suggestion.

I don’t understand how this is making the game easier. It’s the rational thing to do. Different classes are different. And everyone plays each class at a different skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I don’t understand how this is making the game easier. It’s the rational thing to do. Different classes are different. And everyone plays each class at a different skill level.

He either doesn’t seem to understand the request, or is just trying to troll. Having separate rankings per class would be incredibly good for the game mode in terms of balancing each match. However, it would also have to come with some changes to how you queue up (aka no more class switching after you queue up), which might be bad overall if the population is too low (or if we get to a balance scenario where a certain class or two is much too strong compared to others, and a significant portion of the queuer’s are playing that class, pretty much guaranteeing either long queues or class stacking).

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

That’s not a good idea because you have 2 aspects : the class and how to play on capture points, and the second point usually has very few to do with the first point.

If you’re a good player, you should both master your class and how to play maps. If you team 5 veterans with starter builds they rarely played against 5 total beginners/low experienced players , it will probably be a win 500-100. I’ve played several matchs with a shortbow thief never engaging any fight and managed to do good results when i was on very low rating..

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

^ Anet themselves suggested that changes to Matchmaking would be easier to do. More options sort of speak in terms of regulating class stacking and MMR placement.

We (forums) voted “No” because we (they) had doubts about mm change so we (they) wanted the ability to swap before the game starts.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

I agree that you should pvp on multiple classes for the backpack. I don’t want to change the achievement. I think the rank system should be changed so it is class specific instead of one shared rank for all characters on an account. So you will still pvp on different classes, but in the appropriate skill brackets for the level you’re at for each class.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

good idea but players voted no to class locking which is a requirement for ANET to be able to implement class MMR.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

I think they oughtta make mmr class specific so it makes doing a class shift easier for people. Then you take away class stacking/swapping with queues and you end up with a more balanced system overall because then people aren’t abusing op classes/builds and they aren’t abusing the rating change on chars by q’ing as a new class and swapping to their main for easy wins.

Granted the community voted against locks and such but if anet was willing to put all this in at once then the community may vote differently. As I recall during those voting discussions most of the opposition said it was because class stacking wasn’t also being removed so any double thief teams were pretty much screwed (Meta speaking, not skill wise).

I agree. I also believe that people would vote differently if they held another community vote.

in PvP

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

I agree. I also believe that people would vote differently if they held another community vote.

No, just no. It would take control of team composition away from the players and leave us at the mercy of an algorithm. It would hurt classes dependent on team composition most and encourage even more to play selfish builds in soloQ.

You play a single class and want the system cater to you at the expense of multi-class players.

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)

in PvP

Hot Boy.7138

No, just no. It would take control of team composition away from the players and leave us at the mercy of an algorithm. It would hurt classes dependent on team composition most and encourage even more to play selfish builds in soloQ.

You play a single class and want the system cater to you at the expense of multi-class players.

This system actually caters better to multi class players by allowing them to play in the appropriate brackets for each class. If they wanna try out a new class, they don’t have to tank their rating that they’ve built up on their main class.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That’s not a good idea because you have 2 aspects : the class and how to play on capture points, and the second point usually has very few to do with the first point.

If you’re a good player, you should both master your class and how to play maps. If you team 5 veterans with starter builds they rarely played against 5 total beginners/low experienced players , it will probably be a win 500-100. I’ve played several matchs with a shortbow thief never engaging any fight and managed to do good results when i was on very low rating..

I’m not advocating for completely unrelated rankings per class. Obviously if you are in high platinum you should know how to play the game mode at least sorta well. There should be some push and pull of course. If you are very highly ranked on one class, it will pull up the rankings you have on other classes. Same idea in reverse, if you take on another class and start to lose a bunch, it should slightly lower your rankings for each class, but not as much as the rankings for just that one class, which should drop faster.