Rank1 SoloQ & Balthazar Back

in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/soloarena

In any case a few problems:

-You need to bring back 8v8, 5v5 fill up to quickly so you end up with alot of full games in the browser and mostly just custom arenas (in which some will kick you, even though they should have password enable if that’s the case)

-Eles have a ton of regen at the moment, unless you run necro/engi/warrior you can’t win
-Engis condis are just every now, condition removal can’t save you
-Necro fears are just constantly up

-Remove the cap on daily hotjoin for reward track, arenas are not fun since the ques are much longer, some may take 10mins

-Allow option to block the new map, its bad, this game isn’t balanced for TDM, you need trinity to make it work.

-Reward track rewards were just awful. In the 12 hours it took to get to the end, I could of earned 100g but instead I made 5-10g, pretty disheartening, probably will abandon the rest of the tracks if not fixed.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

8v8 was the worst thing about sPvP in this game.

in PvP

Charak.9761

Then create better game modes that support it, 5v5s can’t sustain

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

the reward tracks werent meant to make spvp players rich

1) you get them just by the way while farming for your rank/playing tournaments anyway so its definitly an improvement

2) they are mostly for the skins and armor/weapon stats

3) some new minor goals to work for each day/week depending on how much pvp you play

i like it

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

The ele part is so funny. He’s not even trying to find arguments, they just have “tons of regen”. Troll thread guys.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Oh right, he is #1 soloQ NA, but let’s forget he only has 24 games played, right? dat joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Oh right, he is #1 soloQ NA, but let’s forget he only has 24 games played, right? dat joke.

The top 100 is full of people with less than 50 games. Truly it’s working as intended

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

We espots tho

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

i love these threads that are like “HEY IM RANK 1 LISTEN TO ME I KNOW STUFF”

just get out

in PvP

Posted by: ggqf.7019

ggqf.7019

it’s only 20-4. Get some more games in and then brag.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

guise i got 24 tourny games plaid pls listen

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

tdm is fine. it doesn’t work when it’s 10v10 on a tiny kitten map obviously.
also lol @ tourney games played.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/soloarena

In any case a few problems:

-You need to bring back 8v8, 5v5 fill up to quickly so you end up with alot of full games in the browser and mostly just custom arenas (in which some will kick you, even though they should have password enable if that’s the case)

What they need to do is open more 5v5 maps.

-Eles have a ton of regen at the moment, unless you run necro/engi/warrior you can’t win
-Engis condis are just every now, condition removal can’t save you

I don’t see it. The only thing I see is Necro-overfear.

-Remove the cap on daily hotjoin for reward track, arenas are not fun since the ques are much longer, some may take 10mins

Yea…. no.

-Allow option to block the new map, its bad, this game isn’t balanced for TDM, you need trinity to make it work.

Just don’t go into a custom arena with TDM in it’s rotation? I mean why is this even here?

-Reward track rewards were just awful. In the 12 hours it took to get to the end, I could of earned 100g but instead I made 5-10g, pretty disheartening, probably will abandon the rest of the tracks if not fixed.

Just because you can make money doing something else, does not mean that Reward tracks must do the same thing.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

its funny a guy with less played matches than you took your place!

leaderboards are great!

in PvP

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Also he’s a warrior and is complaining how some classes are “OP” while they just have been buffed to become normal and be able to do at least some damage to OP warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

its funny a guy with less played matches than you took your place!

leaderboards are great!

Just shows how bad the leaderboards really are. I mean really Anet, look at the top three. In what other game does this happen?

10-3
20-4
8-4

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I hope Anet can filter out the pve-goes pvp feedback. The limit on hotjoin is good, it might be some incentive to try out arena’s for once.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I hope Anet can filter out the pve-goes pvp feedback. The limit on hotjoin is good, it might be some incentive to try out arena’s for once.

What are the possible results?

- Lots of people go from hotjoin to solo queue. become good at the game and the population is improved.
- Lots of people go from hotjoin to solo queue. They don’t become good and they get frustrated and leave, either permanently from solo queue or in the middle of games, exacerbating an already existing problem.
- People join solo queue and purposely throw their matches to get rewards quicker.
- People don’t make the transition from hotjoin to solo queue, either due to a lack of information or a lack of interest.

One good outcome, one ‘okay’ outcome (nothing changes), two bad outcomes. Obviously this is not an exhaustive analysis and I’m just looking at the extremes, but generally speaking, I don’t think any good can come from imposing a limitation that wasn’t previously there (you could previously farm hotjoins for all the glory you wanted). Incentives to do solo queue are definitely a good thing, but forcing people who are better suited to Hotjoin into Solo Queue is definitely a bad thing.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Erm, is this a serious post? Do you really think that, after 24 games, the fact that the algorithm put you at the top of the solo queue leaderboard means we’re all going to take you more seriously somehow?

Because I’ll tell you right now, it won’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

totally agree with the hotjoin parts.

“GW2 PLAY YOUR OWN WAY”
but we’ll remove your favourite mode and put a cap on how much you can play your own way.

ridiculous changes, why do anet always do this?
everytime they do something good they have to do something ridiculously moronic.

in PvP

Posted by: Good Tofu.9376

Good Tofu.9376

Dota 2 also implements an MMR system, which takes precedence over games played.

Every time a new account gets “calibrated” under matchmaking, the calibration period lasts 10 games. Over these games, the system takes in your win/loss ratio, damage dealt, kill/death ratio (akin to “points scored” here), etc.

Thus, some people can get calibrated to 6k mmr (the elite players can do this with fresh accounts and after 10 games) and be better than players who have played 2000 games with only 5k mmr.

The system actually works very well, and multiple attempts to prove it wrong have actually been de-mythed.

Likewise, I am guessing the GW2 leaderboards take in much more than simply games played and the win/loss ratio. If a player was the highest scoring member of his team (for every single game) by a long shot and had a 8-4 record, I can see him being seen as more skilled than a 10-0 person who got carried the entire way.

(edited by Good Tofu.9376)

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

totally agree with the hotjoin parts.

“GW2 PLAY YOUR OWN WAY”
but we’ll remove your favourite mode and put a cap on how much you can play your own way.

ridiculous changes, why do anet always do this?
everytime they do something good they have to do something ridiculously moronic.

That quote has been completely twisted and turned to the point of losing all meaning.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Wow an “I got rank 1 solo q and here’s my opinion on the game” thread.

Never seen one of them before

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Charak.9761

To clarify, I’m playing dps guard, not warrior

in PvP

Posted by: origano.5912

origano.5912

Hey i started playing soloq since the patch come out, listen to me.

in PvP

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Hey i started playing soloq since the patch come out, listen to me.

haha nub I haven’t evcen tried SoloQ out, I’m the most important here