Ranked 4v5s

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

So are we missing patch notes or did the change to prevent a 4v5 not count as a loss get revoked?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: Zak.9106

Zak.9106

There was another post like this earlier.. Is this a thing?

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

Best way to get it addressed is to whisper WoodenPotatoes and ask him to make a lore vid about it so the devs will take notice.

Your second best option is to try to get some drama/hype going about it on reddit (aka the actual GW2 official forums). Devs do not read these forums.

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

Didn’t they change it last season so negating the loss of 4v5’s is harder? I’m sure they changed it so that if a duo d/c’s it’s still a loss, also I think if it is a legit solo d/c it has to be quite a lengthy dc to revoke the loss.

Anet please respond…. lol

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

If someone on your team is disconnected for 2 minutes or more, you will not incur a MMR penalty should you lose. Unless you queued as a duo with the person who disconnected, then you do lose MMR.

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

seams fair, but if the person is coming later then 2 min back and your team still win the match shouldn’t there be no penalty at all? This is implemented to avoid match leaving but certainly there is room to finetune.

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

If someone on your team is disconnected for 2 minutes or more, you will not incur a MMR penalty should you lose. Unless you queued as a duo with the person who disconnected, then you do lose MMR.

Maybe it’s unintended but it affects MMR gain too not just loss. I remember playing a match last season, tryharding our kitten out to win a 4v5 which we did, only to be slapped in the face by a whopping +0 MMR for it. It was the biggest letdown I have experienced in any competitive game so far.

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

still counts as loss for placement…. which results in easily 10 wins needed later to make up for gap those losses create

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: ibThuggin.1758

ibThuggin.1758

That’s garbage, I had a thief during placement who was disconnected until we were down 300 and he came back and we still lost the match and the placement. So stop lying.

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Has anything been changed regarding the duration a player has to be disconnected?

I thought that it had to be over 5 min in the past and if the player came back towards the end that you still lost rating.
I had a player literally being offline for the majority of the match, just to come back at the end of the match literally 1 min before we lost and somehow still lost rating (1 or 2 seasons ago)

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

Has anything been changed regarding the duration a player has to be disconnected?

I thought that it had to be over 5 min in the past and if the player came back towards the end that you still lost rating.
I had a player literally being offline for the majority of the match, just to come back at the end of the match literally 1 min before we lost and somehow still lost rating (1 or 2 seasons ago)

I’ve been told that it was always 2 minutes. We may have had a bug 1 or 2 seasons ago that could have accounted for what you experienced, but from my understanding, that bug was resolved.

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

I’ve been told that it was always 2 minutes. We may have had a bug 1 or 2 seasons ago that could have accounted for what you experienced, but from my understanding, that bug was resolved.

Yes, but placements are still being count as lost even with disconnected players.

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Yes, but placements are still being count as lost even with disconnected players.

The loss is there, but behind the scenes, it doesn’t count that loss when determining your final placement. So only the 9 valid placement matches count in your starting MMR for the season.

Ranked 4v5s

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

How about you do what other games do and not count the whole game and move them back into where they queued from so it’s not a giant waste of time?

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.