Ranked Arenas "Algorithms Fault or ppls?"

in PvP

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

Hello there, I am playing ranked arenas since Dec 2 Patch and I have noticed that the matches are not exactly as described, the idea is wonderful but it just doesn’t seam to work.

I don’t know if there is some problem with the algorithm or it is just the people and how the choose to play. But, since I have a clue about how algorithms work and they are pretty accurate if you insert the right “filters”, I will take a wild guess that this is also people’s problem and not only the algorithm’s as everyone is saying.

I believe that it is not clear enough or advertised as much, the idea behind each of the 3 categories “Practice”, “Play”, “Compete”, or people just got lured by the rewards at the end of the “PvP Season” and play Ranked for a chance to get a lama…

The last 2 days I am getting people joining the Ranked arenas without knowing the mechanics of the maps, simple rules about pvp like how stomp works or basic team work. Also I get people joining in and say things like “Hey guys, I haven’t play necro since for ever, I hope this works” or “hello I am tasting a new build idea I had for my ranger, I don’t know if it is good, lol” or “hi guys I am new to game, if u need my help just ask and I’ll do my best”.

It is not clear to them that Ranked arena is a place for high level pro games not a place to try things out. It is not fun or fair when some of us caring this guys. It is not fun when you meet full or almost full proper teams and you cannot even cap a point, cause you might keep 3 opponents while your group runs and die on bosses for example but you cannot finish anyone. And if one or two of them happen to pass close while you are fighting they won’t get you up if you are “downed”, they won’t stomp the one you manage, after so much work to “down” but they will start hitting the bunker (for some wild reason) or they will run out of the fight scared in tears!

Anyways, I am not trying to blame new players, we were all new once, my point is that you need to make clear that ranked arena is for experienced players or else the quality of arenas will drop fast. It is a good thing that now solo players can join as well, I am playing solo unfortunately and I like that I have a chance on serious fights that people don’t leave, they use tactics and they give their 110%. But what I see now, except low level players, is mad people that talk bad to everyone, cause they expect them to fail they trust no one and even if they are good, they end up snick points playing for their rank and not for the team.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

I really don’t appreciate people who are after the rewards queue for ranking. But it’s a free world and they could do whatever they wish. It would be nice if they realized that they are a burden and could ruin someone’s enjoyment out of the game.

It would be nice if they realized that there are other pvp modes available that wouldn’t hurt someone’s enjoyment and still get rewarded.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Abaddon.2105

Abaddon.2105

Well, congratulations to anet. They wanted data to analyze. Now they have trash data, that doesn’t really present the real PvP challenge.

I get sick of half teams doing ranked arenas just for reward tracks and other profits, but not to compete at all.

San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

I completely agree. I know Anet put the Llama out there to lure more players in, but they just kittened all their regulars off. I don’t think newbies vs veteran regulars is a good trade off Anet….. If you wanted to award the people…you should have announced it AFTER the season was over. So those that played hard could get what they deserve instead of having just a ton of new players in it to win it (which they won’t anyway but they don’t realize that).

When I started out playing i did a TON of hotjoins (they were way better back in the day). Now hotjoins are a joke so they have to go somewhere else to practice. This is where they should play unranked arena… but they don’t. Why play unranked when they have a chance at a mini llama!!! ZOMG MINI LLAMA. I wish they would practice a few hundred games before coming in but that is life…

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Yup. There should be a requirement of so many unranked matches before entering ranked to increase the chances that they understand the objectives, what to do, have at least a slight idea as to their role, and of course got to know their class and build.

There are instructions and helpful explanations as to what to do, both on the forums and when you enter a match. People don’t read those. At least, if they do, they don’t comprehend it, despite it being a really simple concept to grasp. This is why some sort of mandatory PvP tutorial would be useful. It would also be an opportunity to go into greater detail... Like explaining that the minimap is there to be looked at. How to interpret it, how fighting over 1 point while the enemy has a 2-cap will lose the game, what over reaching and over committing actually mean, and how to avoid falling into those traps. Being constructive - explaining and helping - rather than flaming gets you flamed instead.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

Dear god yes I agree.
In the end I went and “asked” my guildies to join me so that I could avoid getting in a team with a lot of beginners.
Prior to that I was in matches where three people would run to an empty point. It was rather sad since we lost the game because of that mistake.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

in PvP

Vapour.7348

At the beginning of one match, when I was about to cap home, a thief from my team used stealth :_(

in PvP

Vapour.7348

Attachments: